Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #91
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Okay, so we had a short walk to 1900 Park Fare. Rachel was fussing about how her dress fit, so Mom went back to the room to get some Fashion tape. In the meanwhile, Dad went to go get food. Well, Cinderella came and noticed we were alone and said she'd come back. Then Prince Charming came, but Dad was already on his way back to the table, so Prince Charming stayed.

Prince Charming was odd. He asked us if we practiced our matters like Cinderella's stepsisters, Anastasia and Drisella. Well... Rachel was confused because she thought that he was saying Anastasia and Drisella were polite and Cinderella wasn't or something. After an awkard silence, I said, "Uhh... yesss..." He then went on to tell us that we should practice them with Cinderella because she's a princess. I was wondering if we did something wrong to offend him... did he think we were not being polite or something? We are southern ladies wearing dresses.... who did this "prince" think he was? Well, Charming (err... not-so-charming) made us do the typical, hands clasped over heart 'princess' pose. Whenever the characters want me to do that, I always want to tell them no thank you.... this might be cute for little girls, but it's not very flattering for adults.

Next was Cinderella. She was pretty, but not very chatty.... thank goodness!

Rachel said that she likes it better when the characters can't talk!

We had a little break from the characters, so we went to get food. We noticed that Lady Tremaine was very in character when they played a song for Cinderella and Prince Charming to dance to. She storms by and says, "This is a restaurant, not a ball!"

We were watching her as she circled the room. She was very good at the part. Then, she came to the table next to us. It was a family of four that looked to be from India by names (all wearing birthday buttons) and accent.

"Oh, look... you all have cupcakes because you all have a birthday on the very same day - which happens to be today. How ironic."

Ohhh... we couldn't hold in our laughter! We were rolling!!!

"Sooo... who's the faker?" There was a slight language barrier. They didn't really understand. "Whose birthday is it really?" They look at eachother. "Nobody's birthday?" No one claimed it...

Then it was picture time. "Come on kids, your parents aren't paying for just the food... they're paying for the experience." Isn't that the truth?

We were all laughing, but it was my mother that was laughing the hardest. And Lady Tremaine noticed.

Then it was our turn. Lady Tremaine came over and said, "Now, I'm going to sit down because it's been a long day, I'm tired, and I like you people." She sat down beside my mother on the bench. "I'm so sick of these little princesses and all of the glitter. I don't like glitter. It gives a false impression - that I'm happy."

Ohh, goodness. She chatted a bit longer and then we took pictures. I think she was glad to have someone who appreciated her sense of humor.... the little princesses weren't buying it.

We were supposed to look disgusted... Rachel kind of failed.

So we had to retake...

Lady Tremaine was definitely the highlight of the night.

Next came Anastasia. She got really offended when Mom asked her which one was she. She wasn't going to tell us... Luckily, I knew!

Then Drisella had some funny faces... so Dad kept taking her picture.

I've already gone over the food in my review at the beginning of the TR, but I'll recap a little. Very little selection, and not much of the food is expensive. And the desserts were gross. Key lime pie with a chocolate crust? Yuck!

Dad was not pleased with the price in comparison the the quality. We went there because we were staying at the Grand Floridian, and we had enjoyed breakfast there. Dinner... not so much. It's more expensive and the food is worse. The best thing about the evening was Lady Tremaine. Still, no way I'd shell out $40+ a person just to see Lady Tremaine again. Maybe if I had one of those glittery little princesses, it would be another story.

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Old 07-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #92
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

My father is proof that an expensive camera doesn't make you a good photographer. I work for a professional photographer, so I can pick out all of the flaws, and my dad's pictures really annoy me. But, I feel like I should at least share a few amateur photos.

In Dad's defense, it wasn't a very good time of day for picture taking with the long evening shadows.

And Dad found a rabbit...

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #93
Sweetly
Mouseketeer

LOVE the TR and the pics!!! We are heading to the GF in 3 weeks and 6 days (who is counting? ME!! ) Completely LOVE the bags your mom made. I see I have a project to do before we leave. My DD (15) and her BFF (16) would love those bags for our trip. We will be celebrating my daughter's 16th birthday and this will be her BFF's first trip to WDW.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #95
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

I think your Dad's pics look great! Very professional looking to us non professionals!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #96
okw19
DIS Veteran

Loved the Lady Tremaine story! I also love your dress! Where's it from?

Old 07-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #97
nickspace
DIS Veteran

Excellent Trip Report!!!

Thanks!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #98
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
Loved the Lady Tremaine story! I also love your dress! Where's it from?
I don't know! My sister brought it to me from her shopping spree in Brookhaven, Mississippi. Apparently they just have the cutest boutiques! It's in the wash at the moment, but when it's clean, I'll check the tag!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #99
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I'm a little late joining in but I just finished reading everything so far. I have a daughter your age and love seeing it through your eyes. You are adorable and look just like your mom. I love the closeness you share with your sister.

Your sister's crocs are so cute! Were they comfortable to walk around in the parks? I'm thinking I might like a pair. Just wondering if you saw them in other shops are just a Mouse Gear.

Your mom could make a fortune selling her bags. Who wouldn't buy one?

Old 07-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #100
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Your sister's crocs are so cute! Were they comfortable to walk around in the parks? I'm thinking I might like a pair. Just wondering if you saw them in other shops are just a Mouse Gear.

Your mom could make a fortune selling her bags. Who wouldn't buy one?
She didn't complain anymore after she got them! She said they were comfortable, but she could still feel her stones. And she's normally a 6.5, so she wasn't sure whether to get a 6 or a 7. I pointed out that they might stretch, and she should probably go with the smaller size so that they didn't slip and rub her heels. And it's a good thing she did. She thought she might rub a blister on her heels, but she didn't. It was a little raw, though.

And with the bags, I've already gotten a few inquiries about whether my mom would make some. She may have an Etsy shop in her future! (Though, technically, this Etsy selling isn't legal.... I really doubt that any Etsy seller has bought the rights to the Disney licensed characters, and while someone can make something Disney for themself, they aren't supposed to profit from it. So, we might just give them as gifts or let people cover the price of materials if they really want one.)

Old 07-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #101
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

After dinner, we headed to Downtown Disney for shopping. World of Disney was a madhouse, as usual. We spent a good bit of time in there, though, going through every room. If I bought everything I liked, I'd be taking home the entire store, practically!

Soo... I settled for some practical rainboots.

Don't get your hopes up, ladies... these are kids' rainboots. They did have some cute adult rainboots in another print, though.

Rachel collects these plastic sippy cups...

As well as shot glasses...

After World of Disney, we browsed through Arribas Brothers. I fell in love with this castle and couldn't leave without purchasing it. $37,500? Pfff... pocket change!

I would like to know if anyone has ever bought one of these... I'm sure some rich fool has! Actually, after a closer look, I realized that the Swarvoski crystals on the backside were rather crooked towards the bottom. (My mother has taught me to closely examine every detail before buying.... it kind of takes the joy out of bargain hunting. )

Then, we headed over to TrenD, which is absolutely adorable! Much of the merchandise in the store can be found in other stores, but there were several items exclusive to TrenD. Such as an adorable $90 Minnie Mouse sundress... grr... pass. It was fun to look at, though. Also, they have new Minnie Mouse bow Dooney & Bourke bags, which Rachel now has her eye on. Practical Mother pointed out that white bags could only be carried for two more months, and Rachel didn't like the black version as much.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #102
TyTyandMickey
Earning My Ears

Disney Freak!

I am a Disney freak too! I am 11 years old and I go to Disney still and my Mom is telling me that if I get bored with WDW That is NOT true!! Glad you are a Disney Freak

2007 BWV, 2008 OKW, 2008 BCV, 2009 BCV, 2009 SSR, 2010 BWV Spring Break
I am a DISNEY FREAK!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #103
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

The next morning we got up for what else but AK EMH ropedrop?

Of course, Rach was dragging...

Changed the bows for AK day...

We were headed to the parking lot to drive to AK when we noticed the AK bus pull into the GF. So, we took the bus, instead.

Of course we didn't actually make it to rope drop, but we got there soon enough. The park was practically empty.

Dad ran ahead to FP Expedition Everest. Then, we all went through stand-by. 5-minute wait.

Some guy in front of Dad was taking pictures, which made him feel the need to do so. (Dad's scenery pictures are pretty good... people, not so much)

Old 07-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #104
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Rachel and I got to ride in the front row!!! It was awesome!

Hahaha!!! Mom and Dad!!!!!!

Most I've ever been able to see from up here...

What's really cool that we never knew before is that they don't switch tracks (like they do to take cars in and out of Big Thunder Mountain and the like) after going backwards to going forwards - the track actually flips over from the backwards track to the forwards track. It's really cool to watch, so next time you're in the front row on Expedition Everest (or you could peek your head around the side), watch how the track flips in front of you!

Old 07-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #105
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Those bags are really cute. How did your mom make them? (I think I read that she made them.)

I love the shirt your sister wore to AK

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: