Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #61
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I LOVE those Crocs!! However, somewhere right now, my DP is rolling her eyes!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #62
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

We headed to Epcot for our ADR at Tokyo Dining. We were late, so Dad decided to make us trek it across the park. Good thing Rachel had changed into her crocs!

We were seated with a lovely view of the World Showcase Lagoon...

Our waitress was super sweet, but a little difficult to understand.

She brought us warm washcloths to wipe our hands with. Mom, Rachel, and I wipe our hands... well, Dad proceeds to wipe off his head and neck!! Ohhh, the embarassment!!!

I ordered the volcano rolls. They were so cute - stacked as a volcano! Also delish!

Idk why Dad decided he wanted food pics at this meal...

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #63
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

O wow, the view from your table is amazing!!! The food looks pretty good too.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #64
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

After Tokyo Dining, we had just enough time to use our Soarin' FPs before claiming a spot for IllumiNations.

Dad was creeping with a camera....

I'm not exactly sure what this is, but I kind of love it...

Even with FPs, Soarin' was still a good 30 minute wait. However, I really do enjoy the attraction.

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Old 07-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #65
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

We stopped at took some pics at the "Kodak Spot" before heading on to find a fireworks viewing location.

I was a little annoyed with our initial spot. We were trying to find a location close to Future World so we wouldn't have a super long way to walk to the monorail, but of course the FW side was very crowded. So, Mom and Rachel staked out our initial spot (with partial view blocked by a giant rock) and Dad and I kept walking. Then I found a pretty good spot on the bridge by International Gateway.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #66
TeaForTulips
DIS Veteran

Love it! Those crocs are adorable.

Yall are such a cute lil family.

Great pics!

Tarah (That's me!) Jen Mary Marmee Bobo Trista Mario Pierce Hallise Pollyanna Tucker
Old 07-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #67
eculmone
Mouseketeer

Really nice trip report. We are going to GF this November. I'm so surprised about your crowds??? I hope we get the same

Awesome pics and reviews.
RPH - 2010; HRH - 2011; GF-2011; Disneyland California 2012; Disney Cruise & HRH 2013; AKL-2014; BC-2014
Old 07-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #68
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!

We were there at the same time (June 25 - July 9) - and were really surprised by the low crowds. (Well except at MK where it always seemed crazed)

I love all your pictures - and those bags your mom made are fabulous! Is she going to do an etsy store? I would so get them for my girls! (and me, too )

And the crocs - I adore crocs. Well. The cute ones anyway. And they do make some cute ones. But I love the ones your sister got. I have never seen those before - will have to look for them when we go in August!

Can't wait to hear more!
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Old 07-12-2011, 12:23 AM   #69
Merida
DIS Veteran

A little behind, but I just wanted to say I loved your Grand Floridian photo tour! I've never really been beyond the Cafe and it was so neat to see more of the hotel.

Back to catching up!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #70
Merida
DIS Veteran

A little behind, but I just wanted to say I loved your Grand Floridian photo tour! I've never really been beyond the Cafe and it was so neat to see more of the hotel.

Back to catching up!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #71
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

IllumiNations pictures:

After, we hung back for a bit because we didn't want to fight the crowd.

Once we got to the resort, Rachel discovered Disney Channel. She fell in love with it and has been watching it everyday since we've gotten home! (Rachel has always been a Disney Channel watcher... but I noticed that after I got back from school, she was more on ABC Family with that Secret Life show - now it's back to Disney Channel... she loves A.N.T. Farm [that's a cute show], Shake It Up [also cute], Life with Charlie [okay, that's a cute one, too], and My Babysitter's a Vampire [now this one's just dumb - and I thought Twilight was bad!!! ])

They fought me on the time to arrive at Blizzard Beach - I had planned for the 9 am opening time. "Come on - 10?" "No, it will be crowded!"

Old 07-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #72
okw19
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!
I just read the entire thing so far while eating my breakfast!

Old 07-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #73
Ellen aka Snow White
I AM LIVING IN MY MINI-VAN!!!
It's a mother's right to embarrass her children!

I'm waiting for more .
Old 07-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #74
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Love the Illuminations pictures!!!!

Old 07-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #75
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Everyone got up early. We sent Dad to Gasparilla's to bring us food while we got ready (don't fuss, MB dads - all he has to do is shower and put on clothes! :laugh. We took the car to BB as suggested on here.

The parking spaces at BB are super tight!!! Have they redone the parking lot since the large SUV push?? We were crammed in there!

We thought to bring a cooler rather last-minute. It was definitely a good idea. They checked our cooler for alcohol upon entering the park. However, they did not check our bags. Just a thought...

We've never been to BB before, so we were kind of walking blind. We found our way to the tidal pool and got chairs in a place which we assumed the sun would rise over (we were correct). Mom wasn't feeling the slides quite yet, so she stayed to sun, and Rachel, Dad, and I headed onto the slides.

Rachel was not feeling Summit Plummet. So, we started off slow. We did the Double Dipper first. It was a fun little slide, but the line was already a little long, and it got huge later in the day. It just doesn't put people through quickly... getting the tubes was taking longer than waiting to slide.

Next, we did the Toboggan Racers. Rachel loved this slide! I sucked at it! No matter how hard I pushed off, I could never make it to the Finish Line! I was stopping once it first got flat, along with the kiddies!!!

I forget the name of the other Toboggan slide, but it was fun as well.

Next we tried the tube slide. Rachel and I grabbed a double tube. Dad grabbed a double tube, too. Once we got to the top (long climb!!!), there was no wait for the double tube slides. So, Rachel and I went on down. And waited and waited for Dad. Well, obviously he wasn't allowed to go down the double slide by himself. He told us later that he ended up switching tubes with someone who had a single and wanted a double. So, he got in the single line and that was taking long, so he moved to another line, then it turned out to be a double, so he had to go back to the single line and wait, again. :closedeye Well, after waited for a bit, Rachel and I figured he was just waiting in line for the single slide, so we took a double and went up again. Well, when we got to the top, Dad was nowhere to be found.... once we took the slide to the bottom, again, stil no Dad. So we walked back to our chairs. A couple of minutes, Dad comes walking up. The guy had gotten in the lazy river, but missed his stop and accidentally took it halfway around the park and had to walk back to the chairs!

Mom was still not ready to slide, yet, so we took the chairlift to the "green slopes." Green when skiing indicates easy... which is ironic because these slides were definitely black diamonds! First, we did Teamboat Springs. Behind us in line was a tour group from Argentina. The lifeguard was trying to tell one of the girls that she needed to wear her shorts on the slide - she couldn't hold them. However, they were having trouble understanding him. I was just chilling there when it hit me - I know Spanish! inch: "Necesitas llevar tus pantalones cortos." I always worry if I conjugate correctly when I talk... not sure if it was exactly correct grammatically, but it must've worked because the girl put her pants on.

Well, we ended up riding down with three Spanish-speaking girls. Which was cool because I could understand what they were screaming. However, this one chick didn't understand personal space because her legs were all over Rachel's... this tiny girl was taking up half of the raft!

Oh... another note on the tour group from Argentina.... most all of the girls(including the 12-13 year olds) were wearing thong bottoms. At first I was like, what the heck, why would you wear a thong to a waterpark? But then I realized that if you're already wearing a thong, then you don't have to worry about getting a wedgie on the waterslides!

After Teamboat Springs, we decided to go "all in" and get in line for Summit Plummet. It took us about 30-45 minutes to get to the top. Unfortunately, there was a tour group from Argentina towards the front of the line... and the other part of their tour group was right behind us. So they would yell back and forth between each other, and then burst out into random cheer. Now, the English translations of their cheers were rather lame... one of them went "Where is Argentina? Where is Argentina? Argentina is here! Yes, we are here!" :laugh: They were just having fun, of course, but they were bothering the heck out of everyone else. And the sad thing is..... most of the people in the park probably assumed that they were from Brazil!

Waiting in line was whatever, but once we got to the top platform, we realized what we were doing. However, after waiting so long, there was no way we were chickening out.

Rachel went first because she was scared she would chicken out otherwise.

Yeah, I did a cheap screenshot of the image on the PhotoPass website....

I was next... what a glamorous photo! I'm so calm-looking!

It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I don't like slides that you have to lay down on because the joints between the different pieces of the slide hurt my back. However... I DIDN'T TOUCH THE SLIDE!!!! The water like formed a barrier between me and the slide. Kind of hurt my bum.

Then Dad.... what a stud!

After our Summit Plummet adventure, we were ready to go back to Mom!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: