Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #46
Ellen aka Snow White
I AM LIVING IN MY MINI-VAN!!!
It's a mother's right to embarrass her children!

Rachel and Jennifer sound so much alike - most every morning her comment last June was "But we are on vacation - it's too early to be up!" But she always got up and going - she didn't want to be left behind.
Loving the details, waiting for more.....
Old 07-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #47
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Our dining reservation was for Cape May Cafe, which is at the Beach Club. I had mentioned this several times before to my family.

Well, we got on the boat and it stopped at the Swan/Dolphin. We waited. Then when it stopped at the Beach Club, Rachel and I hopped up and started getting off the boat when Dad called us back. "No, girls - we're going to the Boardwalk!" "No, Dad - we're going to the Beach Club!" "Are you sure?" "Yes, I'm sure, I made the reservation!" Dad was still skeptical, but he followed us off the boat.

Last edited by LittleMissMagic; 07-10-2011 at 09:45 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #48
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

What's different about Cape May is that there are only three characters. So, you could be sitting in one corner of the dining room and not even see any characters. It's actually pretty cool... it's really laid-back in comparison to other character restaurants.

The food was good, and the restaurant got a good rating from the family! Nothing I like hearing more than, "Good choice, Victoria!"

A little blurry, but Donald liked my shirt...

Old 07-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #49
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

LOVING your TR!!!!

The pictures are amazing and I love how you took so many (its something I would do!). You and your sister are both very pretty and both of you look older then you are! I would have never guessed you were both still in your teens.

When I get a chance i cant want to go and read your previous TR, Im sure they're great too.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #50
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
LOVING your TR!!!!

The pictures are amazing and I love how you took so many (its something I would do!). You and your sister are both very pretty and both of you look older then you are! I would have never guessed you were both still in your teens.

When I get a chance i cant want to go and read your previous TR, Im sure they're great too.
I've never been told I look older before! I'm just five feet tall, and I am such the baby face! Most people guess me to be 14 years old!

I wrote my first TR when I was 16... it's crazy to look back and see how much we've changed!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #51
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

After Cape May, we walked to Epcot. The Beach Club and Yacht Club are nice resorts. I asked Rachel if she'd like to stay there sometime, but she said she prefers the monorail route. (That might change, since apparently Disney is no longer running the monorail after hours... http://www.wdwmagic.com/Transportati...agic-Hours.htm)

I think I'd like to stay at the Beach Club sometime.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #52
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Dad went to get Soarin' FPs, and Rachel, Mom, and I went to the Living Seas and waited for Dad to meet up with us.

"I've got a dumb fin... don't mean I can't swim" (original rap by Rachel )

Old 07-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #53
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Wow - I'm more popular than ever! My photobucket bandwidth has been exceeded.

I'm starting a Flickr account and am going to redo all of the pictures...... but I'm really annoyed about my past TRs that I used photobucket with. Does anyone know if I will ever be able to see my pictures again without upgrading to pro? Also, could I upgrade one time, then not upgrade again and go back to standard, as long as I don't exceed bandwidth, again???
Old 07-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #54
PoohGal05
DIS Veteran

Your trip report is great! We have not stayed at the GF, but we have been there on a couple of occasions, 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and Afternoon Tea. Afternoon Tea was wonderful!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #56
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic View Post
Can you guys see my pictures? I just upgraded my photobucket to pro, but I still can't see my photos. I'm very angry with the site, right now.
The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. I was pretty mad, too. Once I upgraded, all my pictures came back. I can the ones in your last post, so I am sure the other ones will come back online.

I am enjoying your trip report even if you are from Clemson Of course, we are Gamecock fans. I actually got accepted to the Architecture program at Clemson way back in the day, but at the time, my family didn't have the money to send me and I had not saved nearly enough, so I just stayed home and went to the local technical school.

Anyway, I love your photos of the Grand Floridian !! I so desperately want to stay there some day !!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #57
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I am enjoying your trip report even if you are from Clemson Of course, we are Gamecock fans.
oh.... you're one of those!

Thanks for reading along!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #58
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

So, one thing I've yet to mention is that during the Miss South Carolina pageant, Rachel was the backstage runner. And even though the girl was "born in high heels," her pumps were a running setback. So every night, she was running barefoot, which was not good for her low arch. She'd also developed "stone bruises" (never had these before). So, by the time we got to WDW, her feet were killing her! Of course, Rachel is not one to die quietly, so we heard all about it. "Owww.... my feet! My stones are hurting!!!!" We joked about getting her Mickey Mouse crocs.

Well, before heading back to the GF, Rachel and I wanted to go shopping in Mouse Gear. We were browsing through the cute clothes and handbags when we came shoes and came across these.....

Rachel - "Oh, look at these - these are precious!"

Me - "THEY'RE CROCS!!!!!!!"

Dad came over, and Rachel showed him her cute croc find. "How much are they? $20? Get two pair!" "No, Dad - $40." "$40 - let's get them! Victoria, do you want a pair?" Dear Dad was willing to pay whatever it took to get Rachel to shut up about her feet!!!

She showed them to Mom to make sure they were cute, and we weren't just lying to her because they were crocs. Mom goes, with her logical thinking, "Now, you're probably only going to wear these at Disney World... we do come here a lot, though." Me - "Dad wants her to have them - he's sick of hearing her whine about her feet."

I had never seen Dad agree to buy something so quickly!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #59
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Those shoes are adorable!!!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #60
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

We hopped on the monorail and headed back to the GF. Rachel, Dad, and I went to the Beach Pool. There weren't any chairs available by the pool, so we got the red, canopy loungers on the beach. It was a little walk to the pool, but I'm assuming those cushioned chairs were more comfy than the pool loungers, so whatever!

Rachel and I were lounging when an entire bridal party showed up to take pictures (woke Rachel up! )! The bridal party was super happy - the Maid/Matron of Honor joked to Rachel and I that we should get in the picture (Rachel told her that if we were in their way, just to let us know - but they were taking photos with the lake in the background, so we weren't a problem)! Well when we were leaving the pool a bit later, we passed the bride, so I said, "Congratulations!" She looks away and mutters an odd, insincere, "Thank you." It was really odd... as soon as we walked away, Rachel burst out laughing. Maybe she was mad at Rachel and I for not leaving the beach when they came down to take pictures...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: