Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Yackerz
Earning My Ears

Trip Report: July 18 - 21 ! My wife's first trip to Walt Disney World!

Today we'll just do Day 1, as it is quite a lot of detail I wish to include.

I'm back from my trip and as promised will share a bit about what we did.
We stayed 4 days at WDW and 3 nights at the Wilderness Lodge. Let's start from the beginning,
we arrived at MCO about 1:00, got our rental car and drove the Wilderness Lodge. The main reason we got a rental car is because we where going to go elsewhere in Florida after our stay at Disney.

We got our room at the Wilderness Lodge which was on the first floor, court yard view with a King bed. Thank you Teresa at Fairy Godmother's travel agency for getting us an excellent rate. The room was great . May have been quieter and a better view on the upper floors, but it was nice not to have to wait for an elevator. If you plan on using the pool, you can just walk out the back of your room to it.

Anyhow, I decided on the way in, I didn't feel like navigating WDW by car, after all we are on vacation, and that we should try the bus system. The bus service was excellent, and we had a wait for a bus more than 5 minutes only once!
Our first day from 2:30 till we where done was at DHS. The park was open with extra magic hours till 2:00, so it was rather busy when we got there. We did most everything we wanted to do within that time frame, minus the American Idol Experience.

First, we got a Rock N Rollercoaster fastpass.
Then, since it was so crowded everywhere we walked through One Man's Dream, which is a must for any Disney fanatic.
Then we waited 15 minutes for Caspian because my wife loves Narnia. Some neat things such as the costumes, but overall it was a bore as many people warned me.
We saw Muppets 3D after that. Cute show for kids. I didn't care for it too much.
We ate dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe. Food was good. The restaurant itself was abit loud, and not too realistic with the theme. Our waiter gave us a noogie upon exiting which my wife was a little weirded out by.
We got a FP for Star Tours.
Went on the Great Movie Ride, which was a definite surprise. It didn't seem too outdated. Lot's of classic nostalgic films!
We went on Star Tours. Definitely improvement over the first one, but made my wife sick in the tummy. Motion simulators and us don't get along too well.
We saw the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show. My wife especially liked this one.
We had reservations for a snack at 8:30 at the Sci Fi Drive in. We had milkshakes which where OK. The theme was cool, and we just really wanted to check it out.
Then we rode Rock N Roller coaster. It was fun, not as good as I remember. Do they always play Dude Look's like a lady?
After that, we headed over to Toy Story Midway Mania. Line was still about an hour. We stood in it. It was more like 40 minutes when it was all said and done. We enjoyed it being indoors for the queue unlike in DCA, which was hot in the summer! After that, we said bye bye to DHS. The bus back was no wait again, amazing!

We purposely skipped Fantasmic, Tower of Terror, and a few of the other shows. I've seen them all before except the Extreme Stunt show, American Idol Experience, and Beauty and the Beast. If we had another 3 hours or so we probably would have checked them out. O well.
Overall my favorite ride was the Great Movie Ride just because of it's uniqueness. My wife's top was Toy Story Midway Mania same as when we went on our honeymoon to California at DCA.

Day 1 a success! Stay Tuned For Day 2 Magic Kingdom tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pics hope you enjoy:
(Below is my lovely wife )

Stay Tuned For Day 2 Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
Yackerz
Earning My Ears

Day 2!

Well, I hope you enjoyed Day 1 of my amazing trip to WDW.

I'm back for trip report Day 2. Thank you those people who read the first part !

DAY 2 Magic Kingdom! (My favorite!)
We got up at 7:00 to get to EMH at 8:00. The bus took at least 15 minutes today to get on it from the WL. The boat may have been quicker today, but I knew they came less often, and I feared missing it. Once on the bus, the trip was quick! We got to the MK around 8:00 exactly.

First thing we did was, ride Space Mountain and get a FP for it. The return time was 9:15 (SWEET!).
In my opinion, DL Space Mountain is much better, smoother, more realistic, and more comfortable.

Next, we headed over to FL and rode Peter Pan. Once again DL's version, much better mainly because WDW could definitely use a paint job!

At that point, it was 5 till 9:00. We waited for 5 minutes till the rope drop and the rest of the park opening to get to Splash Mountain which is my wife's favorite ride! We where one of the first 20 or so people to ride it that day which was awesome. Comparatively, I liked this one just as much as DL's. The seating felt safer with the new lap bars, which my wife liked. I did not get hardly any water on me though!

After Splash, we got a FP for Splash! Return time 10:00 something.

BTMRR was temporarily not working, we headed over to Adventureland. Potc was not working either! Geesh. Well my wife wanted to climb through the Swiss Family Tree house as we walked by, so we did that. Overall it was neat but nothing you must do, I took some good pictures there.

We headed back to Futureworld, and rode Buzz Light Year about a 10 min. wait. Then we used our Space Mountain FP. We concluded we had enough of Space Mt. for the day.

We then headed back to FL where we got a FP for Pooh with a bonus Philharmagic one. We then went on It's a Small World. I can't really compare it to DL's as I only been on each one of them once. It is still definitely a neat ride. I did think I liked this one better because they didn't play the song in the queue area, which made it less obnoxious in the ride.

Philharmagic was next. It was good. Funny for little kids. Better effects than the Muppets. I'm just not the biggest fan of these 3D shows.

We headed back over to Splash rode it again using our FP. Realized BTMRR was still down, picked up a FP for it. Then we ate lunch at Pecco's Bill around 11:30. Seating there was still fairly easy to find. Atmosphere was neat. Food was a C+. We had burgers and fries. The fixings bar with anything you wanted to add to your burgers added the +.

After lunch, we wanted a calm ride, we headed for Potc which now had a 30 minute wait. Overall, it was slightly underwhelming compared to the DL version.

After Potc, we headed back to Splash Mt. to pick up another FP (3 on the day!) for it, and ride BtmRR using our FP.
We headed back to FL, and rode Pooh using our FP. It was well themed! The games in the queue looked fun for kids. The ride overall was bright and vibrant, similar to Peter Pan in DL.

We rode the Carousel of Progress next. It was fine except for the last scene. They recently merged the 80's with today, and it seemed kind of hokey. They need to add some more decades in there! Maybe make a second carousel somewhere else, where you can walk to from that one.

After that we went on the PeopleMover. It was worth the 1 min. wait lol.

After that we looked around at the shops for a bit, then headed on the monorail to the Polynesian. We ate at the Kona Cafe. We both had a pork dish that was rather tasty. The bread they give with the meals there is scrumptious! I give it a B overall. Theme could have been better.

Back to the park, got another FP for BtmRR. used our one for Splash Mt. Then we tried the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. Definitely got my wife and I laughing. I wanted to do it again, but my wife didn't seem to. We then rode Sleeping Beauty's Scary Adventure. It wasn't as scary as I thought, but not one for the kiddos either. Overall, it won't be too missed when it goes.

We rode, BtmRR one last time as it was getting dark. Of course, it's better at night. I really can't say if I like it more or less than DL's version.

We found a spot for the Fireworks by the Crystal Palace. Saw some of the Electrical Parade, and waited for the fireworks. It would have been a good show, but there was a tree blocking about 50% of the aerial fireworks. . O well, We headed back to WL afterwards by boat. The boat came slow (prob. 20 minutes), and there were mosquitoes everywhere. Not quite what I envisioned as a romantic boat ride back at night. O well It was a great day overall.

We did all of our must do's and our favorites multiple times. I wish I would have had time to check out Tom Sawyer Island, but there is always next time.

Here are some pics in chronological order enjoy!:

Tomorrow it is Epcot! I'll try to keep it shorter lol.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Yackerz
Earning My Ears

Epcot Day 3

Day 3: Epcot day!
I'm going to try to keep this short but no promises!

We weren't so ambitious to get to the park today, as I think we got there around 9:30 or so? Anyhow, I'll just briefly list what we did:
Got a FP for Test Track (in retrospect, it's more important to get a FP for Soarin' first, then later --- Test Track, as Soarin's return time was ridiculously late later when we got a FP for it!)
- Road Mission Space Green - Orange seemed like too much. Green was fine and fun enough.
- Road Living with the Land - Lost my hat on this ride. I had a spasm or something and it fell off somewhere in the plant area lol. A neat relaxing boat ride.
- Got a FP for Soarin'. Return time at 10:30 was already around 3:30
- Road Test Track. The first ride I actually wouldn't have minded riding again.
- Ate at Le Cellier for lunhc - we both tried the Filet Mignon. Great quality, taste, excellent rosotto. I'd recommend it in a heart beat. Our waiter said it would be our new favorite restaurant, well it is at least in the top 5 now.
- Went back and road Spaceship Earth. Kind of interesting, my wife didn't like the computer screened ending to it. She said she remembered when she was little Harold Lloyd her favorite silent film star at the end.
- Toured the worlds starting with Mexico. My wife liked the Gran Fiesta Tour and the overall appearance of Mexico. We road the Maelstrom and saw all the World movies except the American Adventure. Morocco my wife said had the most authentic different world fill to it. Touring the worlds in mid afternoon is extremely hot. They need more shade in the area.
- Around 3:30, we went back to Futureworld and road Soarin' and saw Captain EO. We also took a stop at Club Cool to try those soft drinks from other countries.
Soarin's FP line took over 30 minutes, which is awful for fast pass. Soarin's queue for the FP line overall was drab and depressing. The ride is just the same in California, and after riding it twice, I have no desire to see it again for awhile.
- After that we headed back to France, saw the movie there that we skipped out on earlier.
- Ate at ViA Napoli new pizza restaurant at 6:30. Pizza was good, but nothing special. We had the quatro cheese one. This is a good deal though for a sit down place as the meal for the 2 of us was less than $20.
- We walked around United Kingdom and Canada and saw O' Canada.
- Found a spot for Illuminations roughly at 8:45. There were few remaining at the Southern edge of the hub. Once again a large tree was obstructing our view!

We caught our bus just as it was about to pull out, so a 0 minute bus wait on the return home. Not so shabby once again! Tomorrow we journey to the AK!
Enjoy the Pics from Epcot:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: