Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #31
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Gina sweetie - Driving seems a good option considering the circumstances!!! Remember that you can stay on-site at Fort Wilderness and use the RV. I understand that you want to stay at a hotel for your wedding though!!!!
Oh yes, I know that, but what is the fun in that when there are beautiful resorts to stay in and a convenient monorail to use. I will save the RV trip when we do something like drive to the Grand Canyon or somewhere else cross country.

My Wedding Planning Journal

June, 2014 - AoA / RP @ US June, 2012 - My Swan Wedding / BC-CL
Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino
Dec 2005 - Poly May 2005 - WL/Poly Oct 2004 - Poly Feb 2003 - CS Oct 2002 - AKL

2dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #32
CositaRicaFabulosa
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=2dogmom;42373674]
Speaking of property, I'm thinking of splitting out stay between the Beach Club and Poly. We LOVE Poly, and have never been to the Beach Club, but the pool seems really cool. I would want to do the Beach Club for the first half of the trip when we are getting married because it is close to the Swan.
QUOTE]

I think that's a perfect plan! I stayed at the Beach Club (Villas, not hotel) for the first time in April of this year, and everyone loved it. We'd been to Cape May Cafe before, and everyone wanted to go back, for a breakfast and a dinner. Surprisingly, I was more excited about Stormalong Bay than my kids (ages 7 and 10) were, but I think it's worth a visit since you need a Yacht and Beach Club room key to get in. And Poly is so romantic! I stayed there when WDW first opened (and I was a preschooler, lol) and it was the place we stayed on my kids' first trip to WDW. How could you resist a hammock on a white sand beach with a view of Cinderella's Castle? I think it sounds spectacular.

CositaRicaFabulosa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #33
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

I just emailed Karen to see if Randy Chapman will be available to be our photographer. I'm thinking 2 hours are enough. It would be easier if I had concrete plans for after the wedding, but I haven't really decided on that yet.

I was also thinking about doing something to symbolize the joining of both families, and kids. I bought a Unity Sand kit. I was thinking of maybe getting 5 colors of sand and we can each pour in a color (3 kids and us). I want our girls to know that they are and always will be the most important part of our lives.

One of these days I really have to start looking at dresses, but back to school, plus soccer and cross country and gymnastics and work seem to be getting in my way.

Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino

Old 09-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #34
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Hi sweetie - You cannot go wrong with the amazing Mr C!!! Would it not be better to contact Randy directly? Looking forward to hearing more!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #35
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Hi sweetie - You cannot go wrong with the amazing Mr C!!! Would it not be better to contact Randy directly? Looking forward to hearing more!!
Is there a benefit to booking directly through him instead of Karen?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:13 AM   #36
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !

Only that I think that there may be a mark-up if you book via the Swan or JM!!! I am not entirely sure (as I booked a lot of my vendors myself) but other Swan brides have said that it is slightly cheaper to go direct. It is with most things in life isn't it? Also, Randy has his schedule in front of him when you phone/e-mail, so I imagine you would get a quicker answer and be able to book any available slot quicker. Just a thought though!!

Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #37
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am not entirely sure (as I booked a lot of my vendors myself) but other Swan brides have said that it is slightly cheaper to go direct. It is with most things in life isn't it?
That is so true. I called and for $225 less, I can get an extra hour. Obviously a no brainer to save money and get more picture time. Thanks for the advice!

Old 09-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #38
tinkerbell 766

My pleasure sweetie - glad you are all booked up with Randy!!

Old 09-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #39
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

I have started on my second newsletter. This one is all about planning a disney trip with some basic numbers/prices so people can decide if there are going to afford to join us or need to budget for it. I'm planning on including sections on getting there, accommodations, tickets, benefits of staying onsite, and dining plan options. Page one is done, only another 1-2 more to go, but I have it written out, just need to pretty it up

Last week I, well a friend, searched for a mickey shape template. I plan on trying to make some fans for the wedding. My plan right now is a mickey shape, in a caribbean blue (the color I'm using a lot at the luau), then printing out the wedding details on white paper (a little smaller than the blue mickey) and gluing that on it, on a stick of course. I want to add some rafia maybe, and either starfish or shells since I am working that into my theme for the beach wedding.

Is it just me, or do other people seem to go through these lulls where you feel like you aren't getting anything done and you know you have SO much that you could do? June seems so far away, but I know it isn't that far. I will get an idea and want to run with it, then I will go back into a lull. I guess that is the life of a busy working mom, huh?

Old 09-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #40
tinkerbell 766

Gina sweetie - I hear you about the lulls!! There was many a time during my planning when I felt I should be doing something but wasn't!! Mind you, I took on so may DIY projects (maybe too many), that I could always find something that needed attention!!
Good luck with the Mickey heads!! Do you have a cricut? I think many brides have tried to cut out those darn Mickey heads by hand and had to give up and buy a cricut, because they just couldn't get a neat finish cutting them by hand. I hope you have more luck!! I considered doing Mickey head fans for my ceremony, but decided that it would be too much hassle, and just purchased white paddle fans in the end!! I am sure you will have more patience that I had!!! If the worst comes to the worst I think there is an Etsy seller who does them!!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #41
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Hi Gina! I'm a Swan bride just jumping on your PJ. I love your newsletters!

I can't wait to read more of your plans!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #42
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you have a cricut? I think many brides have tried to cut out those darn Mickey heads by hand and had to give up and buy a cricut, because they just couldn't get a neat finish cutting them by hand.
No, I don't have a cricut, and I don't think I have any local friends with one. I was going to attempt by hand. Crazy, but worth a try. I'm willing to attempt any DIY project once. Worst case, I was thinking of getting some fold up paper hawaiian ones and using those since it is a beach wedding.

Quote:
Hi Gina! I'm a Swan bride just jumping on your PJ. I love your newsletters!

I can't wait to read more of your plans!
Thanks so much!

Old 09-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #43
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to check out another swan bride's PJ Congrats on booking Randy, we have him too and booked him directly. Good luck with the Mickey fans, I'm thinking of giving them a try too. I've heard about the etsy seller too and honestly, her prices are great. If I cannot get access to a cricut I might order from her too. I figure it will save me time and probably would be the same price if I had done them myself.

As for lulls, I definitely have them too. I'm just coming off a month long one. I go in phases, some weeks I do tons of stuff and other weeks I do nothing at all.

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #44
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

In order to plan some more, I need to get a head count of guests that we should be expecting at the wedding in disney. I am planning on sending out my second newsletter. I attached the pages below. What do you think? In the email I plan on asking everyone to get back to me soon (will give a date) if they plan on going to disney for the wedding. It is so hard to plan the after and everything else without knowing how many people will be joining us.

Sorry, the image is a bit hard to read since it is smaller.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #45
tinkerbell 766

Gina sweetie - I love your latest newsletter!! What an excellent job you have made of it!! Hopefully it will inspire your guests to let you know about numbers to expect!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: