Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Kazzy1548
Listenning to my music, Dreaming about Disney

How to get a pin code

Hello fellow dis commarades,

We are looking into going to the world the first week of March. My question to you is , how do you get pin codes. Do you need to sign up somewhere for this... If so, where do I sign up???
After receiving a pin code, how do you us it???
Thank you for your replies in advanced.
DD 13 DD 18
Kazzy1548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
nvsnot
Mouseketeer

1). Register on the Disney website, disneyworld.com

2). On the Disney website, order a planning DVD

3). On the Disney website, if you are within booking time frame submit trip date and number in your party to receive a quote for your trip.

I did all three and received several emails with pins and also a few in surface mail.

Also, sign up for the newsletter on mousesavers.com. They send notices when Disney releases a public pin that you wouldn't otherwise be aware of.

June 7-14, 2011 TH Villas
nvsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
Kazzy1548

Oh my,
Thank you so much for your recommendation. I will do all of them.....
Thank you, thank you, thank you
DD 13 DD 18
Old 07-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Kazzy1548

Ok, let's see if I get this right.
If I get a pin code for room only,
I can book a room,
then add the park tickets and dining plan on a later date.
Did I get it
DD 13 DD 18
Old 07-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
Pills
Mouseketeer

I believe you're correct; the room rate codes are ONLY for the room. That being said, you can't combine offers. So, if you end up going during free dining, and you're using a % off PIN for your room, you'll have to choose whichever makes the trip cheaper.

Another thing you should do - if you don't have a PIN, call and ask them if there's one attached to your name. It worked for me. Obviously, don't try it until you've tried the other methods first.

11/13 - POFQ
Pills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
momminnie
DIS Veteran

I have beento WDW 10 times and I have planned for another family before always have reservations and everything, ordered maps and DVD's never get codes. I always have to wait til it is posted. Once I did get to apply the FD early because I have a Disney Visa. Never a code.
My Disney trips: 1st trip 1986-off site, DS1 1st trip 1993-off site,1996-off site, 2001 DH & DS2 1st trip ASMU, 2002 PORS, 2007 WL family trip, 2009 PORS trip with friends, 2010 CBR, 2012 POL POFQ 2014,
momminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #7
Sweets156
Mouseketeer

Hello! This is what happened to me - DP and I visited WDW last August - and wanting to go again this year, I was browsing the official WDW website logged in under DP's profile, plugging in a few dates this year for this year and pricing vacations. The next day, DP said very casually, "Oh, I got another Disney e-mail, were you looking at September dates to go?" I said, "let me read it, let me read it!" Low and behold, way at the bottom, was a pin code. I called Disney myself and gave DP's name - and they said as long as we are in the same household, I could book using the pin - it ended up being for free dining. The dates for the pin in the e-mail said valid for travel in Sept. Although Disney told me that the pin was good until December 22nd. So if you should receive a pin in an e-mail, I would double check the dates with a WDW TA. So, we went to AAA where our TA was able to book for us using our pin and we got free dining for this August!

So in addition to PP's, I would make an account on the official WDW website, and play around with that. I have also read from other posters on this board that this is another way to possibly get a pin. I hope that you do get one!! Good luck!
Sweets156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #8
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
3). On the Disney website, if you are within booking time frame submit trip date and number in our party to receive a quote for your trip.
I did all three and received several emails with pins and also a few in surface mail.
Just so you're aware, I've done all this (repeatedly, with different logins & email addresses) and also never gotten a single PIN. I do wish you luck, though!

We've got a nice collection of DVD's and personalized park maps. Maybe it's time to log in and get some more?
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:33 AM   #9
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

One of the key ingredients to getting pin codes is not having trips planned. Sometimes people get them when they're planning a trip, but in general they go to people who don't already have trips planned for the time period to which the pin applies.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #10
mjp12831
DIS Veteran

I probably got 4 of them AFTER booking this year. None were as good as free dining.

This was the first year of 3 years I've gotten them. Other years I did the same thing (logged in to WDW, had trips planned, ...)

I believe this helps your chances of getting a pin code, but it's not a formula for getting one

You can always rebook if you get a better code down the road.

WDW Commando member #60
mjp12831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #11
Razorback family
Earning My Ears

I've gotten them twice in the past and had trips already booked both times through Disney with another deal (free dining both times), so not sure if already having them booked makes a huge difference or not. Someday I hope I get one and can USE it! When I actually NEED the code, I probably won't get one though!

Razorback family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #12
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsnot View Post

3). On the Disney website, if you are within booking time frame submit trip date and number in your party to receive a quote for your trip.

Also, sign up for the newsletter on mousesavers.com. They send notices when Disney releases a public pin that you wouldn't otherwise be aware of.
When you got the email notifications of your PINs, what name was in the SENT field? Just so I can look at my SPAM or adjust the filter.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:36 AM   #13
Alexsmommie
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
3). On the Disney website, if you are within booking time frame submit trip date and number in our party to receive a quote for your trip.

Just so you're aware, I've done all this (repeatedly, with different logins & email addresses) and also never gotten a single PIN. I do wish you luck, though!

We've got a nice collection of DVD's and personalized park maps. Maybe it's time to log in and get some more?
DH and I planned a trip last year December but had to cancel
then about five months later we received an email for 40% off our room!!!! with this we're hoping to go in December this year to see the Castle in lights!!! (so if you have a trip and had to cancel it or anything in particular where you're putting your name and address and email address out there I wonder if that's what gets it!?!)
Old 08-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #14
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

for more info on discounts you can visit the Dis's Discount Codes and Rates board for more info. That board is specifically designated for these types of questions and may have more posters with information relevant to the questions.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #15
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
When you got the email notifications of your PINs, what name was in the SENT field? Just so I can look at my SPAM or adjust the filter.
ugh I have the same question! I accidentally delete so many emails thinking its from the disney store, but i'm curious what address its under as well

also love your signature pic neighbor!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: