Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #61
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-akj View Post
We are off school W, Th, F so we would probably leave on Friday evening or Saturday morning before Thanksgiving (only miss two days of school/work). Then we would probably return home on Thanksgiving weekend probably on Saturday (depending on flights). If I am lucky enough to swing this trip with money and two days off work around a holiday that is. I am going to hope, but that might be as far as I get I will be honest, I am not even going to mention this to my DH for probably a year. Have to get the trip we are planning on going to this spring under our belts first.

ETA: We will ride anything . My DD9 thinks the bigger, the, faster, the scarier, the better. DD11 is not quite into the thrill rides (doesn't really like upside down) but she will ride some of them. I love everything! Would love to see the Fantasyland!!
I'm leaning towards going the Sat-Sat with Thanksgiving in the parks...already told my mom we probably wouldn't be home..that way Megan would only missed 2 1/2 days and she'd have Sunday to rest before heading back to school....our toughest thing is the long flight and 3 hrs time change , going over our flt usually leaves at 830 am and we get in a 5pm to MCO so we lose a whole day flying.

I'm not the best with the upside down, corkscrew roller coasters....but I can spin a mean tea cup so I am will take any of the kids who's parents can't spin.....Jim couldn't stomach the tea cups but loved all the big coasters and TofT , when we went in 2008 we made him a t-shirt that said "this daddy don't do tea cups" he got quite a few fun comments !
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #62
disney-akj
DIS Veteran
 
disney-akj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,236

I am leaning towards Saturday to Saturday too, but if there is a flight close to the same price Friday evening we will take that instead. I love waking up in Disney our first day of the trip. I only have a one hour time difference, so I can not imagine three!
__________________
Me DH DD DD DS
disney-akj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #63
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-akj View Post
I am leaning towards Saturday to Saturday too, but if there is a flight close to the same price Friday evening we will take that instead. I love waking up in Disney our first day of the trip. I only have a one hour time difference, so I can not imagine three!
its just a long flight....we usually are a bit tired going over, but its only 230 for us so want to do something when we get in and try to stay up for as long as we can that first night to adjust as much as we can.....
going home we usually get back around 930pm after taking a 630 pm flt from MCO, by the time we get back to our place it's about 200 - 300 am FL time for our bodies.
we will suffer though for our WDW fix
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #64
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Sure bring him along....he can be our muscles and security!
LOL, he'll be thrilled to be considered muscles and security. He'll ride just about anything. I do pretty much everything...ONCE...so I can say I did it

This year the flights for Thursday to Thursday were SO much cheaper than anything else, that's why we are flying home Thanksgiving night. Will give us all weekend to get over our Mickey withdrawals.
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #65
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
LOL, he'll be thrilled to be considered muscles and security. He'll ride just about anything. I do pretty much everything...ONCE...so I can say I did it

This year the flights for Thursday to Thursday were SO much cheaper than anything else, that's why we are flying home Thanksgiving night. Will give us all weekend to get over our Mickey withdrawals.

well then the job is his!....the only rides I haven't done....RnRC, ToT, Mission Space...which I'll never go on....RnRC and ToT someday....maybe...

that's a good schedule to go too....sure flts are much cheaper...decisions, decisions
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #66
DisneyIsTerrific
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyIsTerrific's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Florida
Posts: 6,523

I told my DH this morning that we were going to WDW for Thanksgiving in 2013 and he just gave me a look like I was nuts!!! I told him the reasoning and he still thinks I'm nuts. But, he'll be coming along. DS is in college now, but he loves Disney as much as me so I'm he'll come along.

As for rides, I don't like drops, but I've been on all the rides. I love Splash Mountain except for the big drop, Rock'n'Roller Coaster is awesome, and Everest is awesome. I love Mission Space, but can't ride the spinning side anymore. I have to do the other side. The spinning side is so much better, but it leaves me feeling sick for 2 hours afterwards. Tower of Terror is the only ride I refuse to ever ride again. I've been on it 3 times and hated it all 3 times. Like I said, drops are my least favorite thing so TOT just doesn't work.

DS will go on anything so he'll ride with everyone! DH will go on most and I'll go on anything except TOT.

As for where to stay, we'll probably do POP since finances are tighter with DS in college. It's our favorite of the value resorts. I'd prefer Coronado Springs or Port Orleans, but will have to see about he budget. I'd really love to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Contemporary or Boardwalk, but they are all out of my price range!
__________________
Stephanie Me DH DS
DisneyIsTerrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #67
DisneyBarlans
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyBarlans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Georgia-478 miles from the Magic Kingdom
Posts: 2,625

We'll probably stay at the Poly, or the Beach Club if I can talk DH into it.
Our school is off for the whole week, so we'll go the Saturday before Thanksgiving-the Saturday after.
Can't wait to meet everyone!!
__________________
Me DH DS17 DS11 DS8
DisneyBarlans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #68
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran
 
JJ&JHsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 4,554

I was thinking Saturday to Saturday, my boss is going to have a fit when I tell him I am missing Thanksgiving week but Julia is only going to turn 16 once and I want to make it memorable for her.

We always try a mix of TS and Quick service restaurants when we go. We have tried many but still have so many on the list. I think the new fantasyland one is going to be a must do.

Ohhh please don't mention spinning tea cups, just the thought of it makes my tummy start to flip flop. I was fine and loved all the thril rides until I got pregnant, now I can barely handle them.

I mentioned to DH that we were going and he just looked at me like I was nuts. He didn't say if he wanted to go, DS knows nothing about it yet. His college gives them the whole week off, but I am thinking if he is still with his girlfriend that he is going to want to spend time with her.

Cassey
__________________
Me-Cassey DH DS DD
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #69
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyIsTerrific View Post
I told my DH this morning that we were going to WDW for Thanksgiving in 2013 and he just gave me a look like I was nuts!!! I told him the reasoning and he still thinks I'm nuts. But, he'll be coming along. DS is in college now, but he loves Disney as much as me so I'm he'll come along.

we aren't nuts....just DISNEY FANATICS....there is a difference...isn't there

As for rides, I don't like drops, but I've been on all the rides. I love Splash Mountain except for the big drop, Rock'n'Roller Coaster is awesome, and Everest is awesome. I love Mission Space, but can't ride the spinning side anymore. I have to do the other side. The spinning side is so much better, but it leaves me feeling sick for 2 hours afterwards. Tower of Terror is the only ride I refuse to ever ride again. I've been on it 3 times and hated it all 3 times. Like I said, drops are my least favorite thing so TOT just doesn't work.

DS will go on anything so he'll ride with everyone! DH will go on most and I'll go on anything except TOT.

As for where to stay, we'll probably do POP since finances are tighter with DS in college. It's our favorite of the value resorts. I'd prefer Coronado Springs or Port Orleans, but will have to see about he budget. I'd really love to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Contemporary or Boardwalk, but they are all out of my price range!
don't think I will ever do mission space....ToT maybe at least once and RnRC once too....have done Screamin' in DLR one time and you DO SCREAM!
we love POP too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBarlans View Post
We'll probably stay at the Poly, or the Beach Club if I can talk DH into it.
Our school is off for the whole week, so we'll go the Saturday before Thanksgiving-the Saturday after.
Can't wait to meet everyone!!
its is going to be so fun to have our Peeps all together

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JHsmom View Post
I was thinking Saturday to Saturday, my boss is going to have a fit when I tell him I am missing Thanksgiving week but Julia is only going to turn 16 once and I want to make it memorable for her.

We always try a mix of TS and Quick service restaurants when we go. We have tried many but still have so many on the list. I think the new fantasyland one is going to be a must do.

Ohhh please don't mention spinning tea cups, just the thought of it makes my tummy start to flip flop. I was fine and loved all the thril rides until I got pregnant, now I can barely handle them.

I mentioned to DH that we were going and he just looked at me like I was nuts. He didn't say if he wanted to go, DS knows nothing about it yet. His college gives them the whole week off, but I am thinking if he is still with his girlfriend that he is going to want to spend time with her.

Cassey
well its not like you are going to give him plenty of notice....Julia can come on the tea cups with us!
see my nuts anwser above ...girl friend over Disney, where is that boy's priorities


I'm going to start update on post #1 our dates and resorts....so let me know when you start figuring other stuff out and I'll start keeping track of it!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #70
wdwmickey
I am the scrapbooking queen and the food porn princess!
 
wdwmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 6,278

DH and I were just talking about this trip. I'm definately coming not sure about DH yet. I'll probably stay at POFQ it's my favorite resort.

I'll take Megan on any upside down rides for you Lisa No teacups for me I get queasy just thinking about them.
__________________
Cheryl me DH DD-college girl DD-college girl



WDW 12/03; DLR 12/05; WDW 4/07; WDW 12/07; WDW 10/08; WDW 4/10; DLR 8/10; DLR 12/11; DLR 10/12; DLR 5/13
wdwmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #71
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmickey View Post
DH and I were just talking about this trip. I'm definately coming not sure about DH yet. I'll probably stay at POFQ it's my favorite resort.

I'll take Megan on any upside down rides for you Lisa No teacups for me I get queasy just thinking about them.
Yay! what about the girls...well if your staying at POFQ...might sway my decision what days are you thinking off?
thanks for the offer, might have to take you up on it if she gets brave enough to try it....we might try ToT in Oct.
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #72
wdwmickey
I am the scrapbooking queen and the food porn princess!
 
wdwmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 6,278

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Yay! what about the girls...well if your staying at POFQ...might sway my decision what days are you thinking off?
thanks for the offer, might have to take you up on it if she gets brave enough to try it....we might try ToT in Oct.
They'll both be off at college So probably just me (maybe DH). I leaning toward Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday.
__________________
Cheryl me DH DD-college girl DD-college girl



WDW 12/03; DLR 12/05; WDW 4/07; WDW 12/07; WDW 10/08; WDW 4/10; DLR 8/10; DLR 12/11; DLR 10/12; DLR 5/13
wdwmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #73
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmickey View Post
They'll both be off at college So probably just me (maybe DH). I leaning toward Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday.
hey if its just you...do you want to bunk with us?!?!?! pajama party!!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #74
wdwmickey
I am the scrapbooking queen and the food porn princess!
 
wdwmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 6,278

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
hey if its just you...do you want to bunk with us?!?!?! pajama party!!
Oooh, that would be so much fun
__________________
Cheryl me DH DD-college girl DD-college girl



WDW 12/03; DLR 12/05; WDW 4/07; WDW 12/07; WDW 10/08; WDW 4/10; DLR 8/10; DLR 12/11; DLR 10/12; DLR 5/13
wdwmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #75
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmickey View Post
Oooh, that would be so much fun
it would be

btw started a PTR for our Oct trip if you want to take a peak
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: