Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #46
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JHsmom View Post
I am starting my trip fund with my next paycheck. Julia is so excited for this trip and it's over 2 years away. I may get in trouble for pulling her out of school but oh well I think mommy/daughter time is just as important!!
I have no problems pulling Megan out....I give the teachers plenty of notice, ask for homework and make sure it gets done!
plus, travelling to me is a learning experience, yes even to Disney! and having that time with our kids to so important too!

so where do you think you'll stay Cassey? if we love POFQ like I think we will, that will probably be our choice...Megan also wants to stay at the Poly, so maybe we will get one or two nights there depending on how much $$ I get saved up.

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #47
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I have no problems pulling Megan out....I give the teachers plenty of notice, ask for homework and make sure it gets done!
plus, travelling to me is a learning experience, yes even to Disney! and having that time with our kids to so important too!

so where do you think you'll stay Cassey? if we love POFQ like I think we will, that will probably be our choice...Megan also wants to stay at the Poly, so maybe we will get one or two nights there depending on how much $$ I get saved up.
I'm not sure where we will stay. I was thinking of asking Julia what she would like, but then she really likes the deluxes so maybe I better not.

I love POFQ, really quiet at night but plenty to do. The pool area is cute, and I loved soaking in the hot tub after coming back from the parks.

We have never done a split stay so I am thinking we might try it, depending on how much I get saved. I wish I could purchase my airfare now, I have enough miles for 2 free tickets. Trying to see how I could justify another trip soon.

Cassey
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #48
mommy2mrb

Quote:
I'm not sure where we will stay. I was thinking of asking Julia what she would like, but then she really likes the deluxes so maybe I better not.

I love POFQ, really quiet at night but plenty to do. The pool area is cute, and I loved soaking in the hot tub after coming back from the parks.

We have never done a split stay so I am thinking we might try it, depending on how much I get saved. I wish I could purchase my airfare now, I have enough miles for 2 free tickets. Trying to see how I could justify another trip soon.

Cassey
Megan wants to stay at GF for a WHOLE trip....not going to happen, told her she'd have to pay for that when she's grown up!

split stay was easy....the bell services came picked up our stuff, they transferred it, we headed over to get checked in, when luggage arrived they brought it up....the only bad thing is having to pack up twice!

justify a trip to disney that doesn't need any justifing in my book!

Old 09-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #49
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Megan wants to stay at GF for a WHOLE trip....not going to happen, told her she'd have to pay for that when she's grown up!

split stay was easy....the bell services came picked up our stuff, they transferred it, we headed over to get checked in, when luggage arrived they brought it up....the only bad thing is having to pack up twice!

justify a trip to disney that doesn't need any justifing in my book!
GF for a week would be nice!!! But it's not in my budget!!!

Julia says maybe Contemporary again or maybe Poly, she likes the monorail. I keep hinting about Epcot resorts, but she's not interested.

I keep playing with the numbers in my budget, but with Josh in college I can't make it work right now. I need to check into how long my miles are good for. If I am really good, I might be able to swing a trip next year....

Cassey
Old 09-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #50
mommy2mrb

Quote:
GF for a week would be nice!!! But it's not in my budget!!!

Julia says maybe Contemporary again or maybe Poly, she likes the monorail. I keep hinting about Epcot resorts, but she's not interested.

I keep playing with the numbers in my budget, but with Josh in college I can't make it work right now. I need to check into how long my miles are good for. If I am really good, I might be able to swing a trip next year....

Cassey
we've only stayed at CSR...didn't care for that....POP 3 times, AKL and were off site 3 other trips.
yay if you get a trip next year....I'm planning a Feb trip to DLR over pres day weekend to surprise Megan!

Old 09-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #51
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

If we are lucky enough to go, we will probably stay at the new value Art of Animation?? Fingers crossed!!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #52
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at All star sports, Contemporary(only b/c I got a really good deal) and POFQ. The next few trips are going to be seriously budget trips but we loved the sports resort so it will be good no matter where we stay. Julia is addicted to Disney as much as I am.

This is going to be a really great trip!!!

Cassey
Old 09-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #53
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-akj View Post
If we are lucky enough to go, we will probably stay at the new value Art of Animation?? Fingers crossed!!
that might be another option for us too, forgot about it...we love POP!

Quote:
We have stayed at All star sports, Contemporary(only b/c I got a really good deal) and POFQ. The next few trips are going to be seriously budget trips but we loved the sports resort so it will be good no matter where we stay. Julia is addicted to Disney as much as I am.

This is going to be a really great trip!!!

Cassey
Megan is too, which I'm so happy about!
of course it will be a great trip......friends and Disney would could ask for more

Old 09-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #54
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to start planning, my family thinks I am obsessed! There are still so many things we haven't done yet and I try to fit a few more in every trip.

I hope someone likes to ride rollercoasters, the last trip they made me queasy. Julia loves them so I try to do them at least once, on our trip in 2010 she made me ride splash, BTM, splash, BTM, and then splash again. I couldn't wait to sit down for awile.... I used to be able to ride them all day, I don't think I like getting older.

Cassey
Old 09-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #55
mommy2mrb

Quote:
I can't wait to start planning, my family thinks I am obsessed! There are still so many things we haven't done yet and I try to fit a few more in every trip.

I hope someone likes to ride rollercoasters, the last trip they made me queasy. Julia loves them so I try to do them at least once, on our trip in 2010 she made me ride splash, BTM, splash, BTM, and then splash again. I couldn't wait to sit down for awile.... I used to be able to ride them all day, I don't think I like getting older.

Cassey
we will ride them with her....love EE, BTM, Space Mtn, haven't done RnRC as of yet and Megan doesn't like the drop on Splash and we haven't done ToT either

we like to try new things/restaurants too and since we don't go (usually, this year is so different) but every three years it always seems new to us. and Fantasyland will be complete by our trip too, so will have TONS of new stuff there.

Megan was really mom 2 years away ....this is fun planning with our friends and will help pass the time too!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #56
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we will ride them with her....love EE, BTM, Space Mtn, haven't done RnRC as of yet and Megan doesn't like the drop on Splash and we haven't done ToT either

we like to try new things/restaurants too and since we don't go (usually, this year is so different) but every three years it always seems new to us. and Fantasyland will be complete by our trip too, so will have TONS of new stuff there.

Megan was really mom 2 years away ....this is fun planning with our friends and will help pass the time too!
I can't wait to see the new fantasyland expansion!! We have been lucky to be able to go the last few years but we will see what I can swing in the future.

We like trying a few new restaurants each trip too. Julia has decided she loves Ohana for breakfast, she says that is a definite.

I rode TOT once with Julia, I had to sit for awhile afterwards. RNRC does alot of twisting and loops upside down, makes me , but I always ride at least once with her. I don't mind the drop on splash, but the combo of that and BTM so many times in a row left me queasy for a loooong time.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #57
mommy2mrb

Quote:
I can't wait to see the new fantasyland expansion!! We have been lucky to be able to go the last few years but we will see what I can swing in the future.

We like trying a few new restaurants each trip too. Julia has decided she loves Ohana for breakfast, she says that is a definite.

I rode TOT once with Julia, I had to sit for awhile afterwards. RNRC does alot of twisting and loops upside down, makes me , but I always ride at least once with her. I don't mind the drop on splash, but the combo of that and BTM so many times in a row left me queasy for a loooong time.
maybe we will have to send the girls on a couple of the rides together!
we did Ohana for dinner, but would be in for breakfast!
are doing just QS for the coming trip, so will to do TS again in 2013, will want to try the new restaurant in Fantasyland, think its Gaston's. We really enjoyed Les Chef in Epcot.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #58
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

We'd more than likely be at a Value. I'm too cheap

DH wouldn't let me go without him, so I'll be bringing him...

Morgan's school always has W,T and F of Thanksgiving week off, so if we do F to F, she'll miss 3 days. If we do T to T or T to F, she'll miss 4. I don't care.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #59
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
We'd more than likely be at a Value. I'm too cheap

DH wouldn't let me go without him, so I'll be bringing him...

Morgan's school always has W,T and F of Thanksgiving week off, so if we do F to F, she'll miss 3 days. If we do T to T or T to F, she'll miss 4. I don't care.
Sure bring him along....he can be our muscles and security!

Megan is off early W, then T, F...not sure yet what days !

Old 09-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #60
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

We are off school W, Th, F so we would probably leave on Friday evening or Saturday morning before Thanksgiving (only miss two days of school/work). Then we would probably return home on Thanksgiving weekend probably on Saturday (depending on flights). If I am lucky enough to swing this trip with money and two days off work around a holiday that is. I am going to hope, but that might be as far as I get I will be honest, I am not even going to mention this to my DH for probably a year. Have to get the trip we are planning on going to this spring under our belts first.

ETA: We will ride anything . My DD9 thinks the bigger, the, faster, the scarier, the better. DD11 is not quite into the thrill rides (doesn't really like upside down) but she will ride some of them. I love everything! Would love to see the Fantasyland!!

Last edited by disney-akj; 09-04-2011 at 07:51 AM.
disney-akj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: