Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #166
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Just coming back here. So, I'm saying hey to the hubby!!
You are a brave man planing this big adventure! I give you props!

Tell your wonderful wife I said hi!!
it is nice Bruce took this on isn't it....and he didn't even need any pushing
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #167
DisneyIsTerrific
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyIsTerrific's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Florida
Posts: 6,523

I am still trying to convince DH that this is where he wants to be next Thanksgiving. He's not convinced yet, but we'll get there!

A couple of weekends ago, DS and I stayed at Pop Century and popped over the bridge to visit the Art of Animation Resort. We fell in love!!!! I know some pictures have already been posted, but here are a few more.

The ceiling in the entryway of the lobby/main building.


The lobby:


The wall outside the store:


The Finding Nemo pool. It's really cool! It's also fenced off with gates that look like you need a room key to get through.


I love the details! The signs on the buildings around the Finding Nemo pool area have the letters made up of schools of fish!


The Lion King area was our favorite!


This is actually the back of a little playground that is built into this corral. Looked really fun!


Gotta love Rafiki!
__________________
Stephanie Me DH DS
DisneyIsTerrific is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #168
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,978

Oooh, that looks so awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #169
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

thanks for the photos Stephanie...we can't wait to see it and stay there!

so are you all definately going to be there over thanksgiving? do you have dates set yet?
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #170
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran
 
JJ&JHsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 4,554

Thanks for the pictures Stephanie! Hope you able to convince your DH that's where he wants to be!
__________________
Me-Cassey DH DS DD
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #171
DisneyIsTerrific
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyIsTerrific's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Florida
Posts: 6,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
thanks for the photos Stephanie...we can't wait to see it and stay there!

so are you all definately going to be there over thanksgiving? do you have dates set yet?
I want to, but it's not definite. I'm still working on DH, but most importantly I need to get approval from my manager at work. Managers aren't supposed to take any time off from the middle of November until January so I have to see if there is any wiggle room for me to get time off. I actually hadn't thought of that part until last night so I guess I better figure that part out before I get DH convinced or else he'll be there and I won't!
__________________
Stephanie Me DH DS
DisneyIsTerrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #172
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyIsTerrific View Post
I want to, but it's not definite. I'm still working on DH, but most importantly I need to get approval from my manager at work. Managers aren't supposed to take any time off from the middle of November until January so I have to see if there is any wiggle room for me to get time off. I actually hadn't thought of that part until last night so I guess I better figure that part out before I get DH convinced or else he'll be there and I won't!
oh that's a bummer, hope your manager will approve it!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #173
disney-akj
DIS Veteran
 
disney-akj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,236

Just to update. We are a definite no. We have decided on a cruise for DD 13th birthday during the summer. We have decided to wait until all of the new FL is opened before we make it to WDW again. I would go every year if I could, but while my DH enjoys WDW enough he tries to encourage our family to go on different vacations too instead of always going to the same place- "blah" "blah" so we sometimes have to travel to other destinations If I win the lottery and we change our mind I will let you know, but I believe I would have to buy a ticket to win so it is not looking promising. I hope everyone has a blast!!!
__________________
Me DH DD DD DS
disney-akj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #174
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-akj View Post
Just to update. We are a definite no. We have decided on a cruise for DD 13th birthday during the summer. We have decided to wait until all of the new FL is opened before we make it to WDW again. I would go every year if I could, but while my DH enjoys WDW enough he tries to encourage our family to go on different vacations too instead of always going to the same place- "blah" "blah" so we sometimes have to travel to other destinations If I win the lottery and we change our mind I will let you know, but I believe I would have to buy a ticket to win so it is not looking promising. I hope everyone has a blast!!!
sorry you aren't coming...but a cruise is a great consolation prize
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #175
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

good morning all!


can't believe we are finally close to our one year mark so want to start planning some of our days!

how's everyone doing on their savings plan??? I've got all our resort $ saved and about half of what I think airfare will be....need to go through menus to start pricing out our meals...will do mostly CS, but have 5-6 sitdowns we want also.
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #176
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran
 
JJ&JHsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 4,554

Julia and I are starting to talk about where we want to eat. I need to research the temps for November so I can tell when the best time to break is going to be for her. She needs to sit and eat and relax more than I do. She is less than half my age but her stamina is going through the "teenage" ups and downs with her.

She is really excited about this trip! She keeps telling everyone how we are going for her birthday but it is just an excuse for me to meet up with everyone here.
__________________
Me-Cassey DH DS DD
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #177
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JHsmom View Post
Julia and I are starting to talk about where we want to eat. I need to research the temps for November so I can tell when the best time to break is going to be for her. She needs to sit and eat and relax more than I do. She is less than half my age but her stamina is going through the "teenage" ups and downs with her.

She is really excited about this trip! She keeps telling everyone how we are going for her birthday but it is just an excuse for me to meet up with everyone here.
I think we will be taking it a bit easier this trip too...not so crazy to do everything! would love to just enjoy the parks, take photos of the things and decorations well it is a big reason we are all going! her birthday is just a bonus!!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #178
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran
 
JJ&JHsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 4,554

I am hoping to take alot of time to see the decorations too! Still haven't told her about MVMCP, I may wait until we actually get to Florida and tell her.
__________________
Me-Cassey DH DS DD
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #179
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,978

I'm trying to decide whether or not to do the party. Guess it will depend on the dates. (It's usually the Friday before Thanksgiving, and since we're probably flying in the Thursday, we should be able to make it).
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #180
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JHsmom View Post
I am hoping to take alot of time to see the decorations too! Still haven't told her about MVMCP, I may wait until we actually get to Florida and tell her.
what a fun surprise! think dates come out May 1 don't they?

we need to start talking about restaurants to coordinate any meals we might want to do!

sit downs we want to do

breakfast - Tusker house
dinner - Be Our Guest
dinner - Le Chefs (Candlelight package)
lunch - Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package)
breakfast - Crystal Palace
lunch or dinner - Teppan Edo, know Jen & family want to do this too

and of course our Thanksgiving meal to accomodate the group!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: