Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
TheFish
Earning My Ears

Stateside Concierge

Hello! Longtime lurker and first time poster here. My DH and I are on the 11/6 4-night on the Dream and are having a really disappointing experience with the stateside concierge team. To paraphrase Sue's response to our email, "your window opens on a Saturday so we can't assist you until Monday, so you should go online and make your own reservations", which begs the question of what's the point of the stateside concierge. You would think the stateside concierge team has the ability to work a little magic. Has anyone else had this experience?

Last edited by TheFish; 07-05-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: clarify
TheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

First of all welcome to the DIS Boards!

Shoreside concierge only works Monday thru Friday. I know it is frustrating but since your booking window opens on a Saturday there is not much they can do until Monday. Concierge does have a hold on some bookings for excursions, Palo, spa, etc. You could always email them with your requests and asked them to book them on that Monday. If there is something you really want that might fill up, I would book it myself.

Personally, if it was me, I would do the bookings myself on the Saturday that my window comes open and then if I have issues with anything I would be on the phone to concierge on Monday morning.

DVC4US is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concierge, service

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: