Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #91
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Funny Story...

So when I said my Mom wasn't at D23...turns out she is in Anaheim. And she's at the convention booked before D23!! I got a call today "Kelly, what's this D23 Expo, we're all curious." I guess they have signs And she knew I would know!! I said if I were with her, I would be geeking out...

She won't be able to go to DLR though. I told her to try to get to Napa Rose if she could. We'll see what happens!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #92
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Bandit got a haircut today, so I thought I would share how handsome he looks:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #93
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Bandit got a haircut today, so I thought I would share how handsome he looks:
Oh my....look at that cutie pie.

RIP Genie
Old 08-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #95
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oh my....look at that cutie pie.
He loves Saturday mornings because it means we're all lazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Bandit's looking good Kelly!
I can't get over his eyes! I'm glad you mentioned Angel Eyes, even if I wasn't keen on it at first! We've been using the Sweet Potato flavor and it's been great. We started with the beef liver and it was a little too rich for him, but as soon as we switched to sweet potato, he's been fine!!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #96
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Part 4

When we got back to FQ, my parents were heading to the pool after the race. Turns out for the first time EVER my driver won!! Figures the first year I don't watch any of the race

So we decided to explore the Port Orleans grounds.

Leading up to the pool area:

Pool area:

FQ grounds:

Walking towards POR:

I think I'd like the Mansions more, but they seem so much further away from things

Main building down at POR:

Pool area down at POR

Back to POFQ

It was a pretty easy walk between the two resorts, I could easily see going down to POR for a meal or for a swim if we were staying there for a week for a change of pace. I'd like to stay there sometime, but I do love FQ, so it's hard to stay away

When we got back to FQ, we freshened up for dinner and met my parents at the main building.

We caught a cab over to the Boardwalk for our dinner at the Flying Fish. That way no one needed to stay sober

We had a wonderful dinner at Flying Fish (full review can be found on my DR) before heading out over to Jellyrolls!

Ceiling at Flying Fish:

And outside at Jellyrolls:

My cousin was a CP CM and used to go to Jellyrolls all the time. When we went down with her a few years ago, she dragged all of us out with her and we fell in love with it. We think it's great for all ages (over 21 obviously.) Something that both us and my parents enjoy. They do the Unicorn Song with a dance, we've decided to do it at the wedding http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4bc9UwZsYs

And with that, we grabbed a cab and headed back to FQ for the night.

Next up: Mom & me time at the Magic Kingdom!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #97
celeste.
DIS Veteran

Great update!
I stayed at POFQ on my last trip, but we did visit POR twice..it's pretty, but I love how small POFQ is!
Old 08-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #98
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I can't get over his eyes! I'm glad you mentioned Angel Eyes, even if I wasn't keen on it at first! We've been using the Sweet Potato flavor and it's been great. We started with the beef liver and it was a little too rich for him, but as soon as we switched to sweet potato, he's been fine!!
See what you can learn on the DIS!

I love Port Orleans! (But I'm more of a Riverside guy.)
Old 08-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #99
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Kelly and very pretty pictures. We've not stayed at either, but we'd probably go with POR-Riverside for hte fact that they have quiet pools and POFQ does not, plus POR has a much bigger hot tub (this is something very important to DH and I). But I do think POFQ is very pretty.

LOVE the unicorn song.

RIP Genie
Old 08-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #100
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking about your Dining Reviews... the "Toddler & Tequila"....still don't get it!

POR looks nice, too....the pool area especially. Not sure which one I would choose. When going to DTD, which resort gets picked up first on the boat?

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 08-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #101
KatInHat
Mouseketeer

I've been following (lurking) on your trip report and I followed your dining report. It looks like you had a great time. We'll have to stop in at Jellyrolls next time were there.
We are thinking about taking a trip next year around Memorial Day.. how were the crowds?
thanks for sharing.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #102
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great pictures of Port Orleans. It really looks like a pretty resort. I need to get over there some day just to visit!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #103
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by celeste. View Post
Great update!
I stayed at POFQ on my last trip, but we did visit POR twice..it's pretty, but I love how small POFQ is!
That's my favorite part I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
See what you can learn on the DIS!

I love Port Orleans! (But I'm more of a Riverside guy.)
I haven't stayed at Riverside yet...I was going to this trip, but I was drawn in by the refurbed rooms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Kelly and very pretty pictures. We've not stayed at either, but we'd probably go with POR-Riverside for hte fact that they have quiet pools and POFQ does not, plus POR has a much bigger hot tub (this is something very important to DH and I). But I do think POFQ is very pretty.

LOVE the unicorn song.
At least you'd be able to visit both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I'm thinking about your Dining Reviews... the "Toddler & Tequila"....still don't get it!

POR looks nice, too....the pool area especially. Not sure which one I would choose. When going to DTD, which resort gets picked up first on the boat?
I'm not sure. I think it might be POR. When we took the boat down they had quite the line at POFQ, so they sent a separate boat for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatInHat View Post
I've been following (lurking) on your trip report and I followed your dining report. It looks like you had a great time. We'll have to stop in at Jellyrolls next time were there.
We are thinking about taking a trip next year around Memorial Day.. how were the crowds?
thanks for sharing.
I didn't think the crowds were that bad. But we were out of the parks by mid-day and we got there right at opening, which helped a lot. And thanks for joining in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great pictures of Port Orleans. It really looks like a pretty resort. I need to get over there some day just to visit!
It's so pretty! Especially at night!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #104
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

My mickey mail came yesterday too!!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #105
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Congrats!!! You're basically down to 2 weeks!!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: