Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #76
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Haha. I have 3 trips on the webpage now I really am enjoying the world showcase through your eyes. Especially since I am taking DH for F&W. We never have a chance to check everything out because the kiddos would rather be in Future World
Oh my goodness, F&W is fantastic! This is the first time in 5 years I'm not going
Old 08-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #77
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Kelly, I love World Showcase...so much to see and do and the scenery is beautiful.

I've got to remember to put Voices of Liberty on my NOT TO MISS list as we missed it last year and Mark really enjoys this.
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #78
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Kelly, I love World Showcase...so much to see and do and the scenery is beautiful.

I've got to remember to put Voices of Liberty on my NOT TO MISS list as we missed it last year and Mark really enjoys this.
I love the Voices of Liberty. I started going in and skipping the American Adventure. I mean, I love the American Adventure, but I've done it so many times that I can recite it. I just can't give up seeing the Voices of Liberty at least once!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #79
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Part 3

When I left off, we were just leaving America.

Our next stop was Italy. I found these spoons:

And totally fell in love. I asked if they had a Disney Visa discount (they didn't) but she said they had an AP discount. Sweet! It was then I discovered that most every shop (except alcohol) you could get an AP discount at. Awesome

Our next stop was Germany, where I went crazy in the caramel shop (also an AP Discount!!)

This is my favorite snack:

They're so chewy, and surprisingly not sickeningly sweet. While I had my caramel treat, Geoff went to the back of the pavilion and got a wine flight.

The Apple Wine was actually pretty good, so we took a picture of the bottle in case we ever wanted to find it at our local store...

We did a little browsing through China, but I apparently kept my Phone/Camera in my pocket because I have no pictures.

Then it was off to Norway! And some trolls!

While we were waiting for Maelstrom, we decided that we really didn't want to go back and ride Soarin' or Test Track because grabbing a seat at La Cava del Tequila sounded like a much better idea. So I put out a notice on the Chat portion of "Lines" (the Touring Plans App) that we had the Fast Passes up for grabs and where we could be found in about a half hour if anyone was interested.

After Maelstrom we grabbed some School Bread for my Mom for breakfast the next morning (Geoff got one too) and headed over to Mexico!

We grabbed a table in the back corner, where we stayed for a good hour and a half. We had some chips and dip, each had a margarita, and Geoff had some tequila too. In this time, we saw two families come in. I won't go through my rant about that again here, if you're interested on the details of that, check out my DR (but really, who brings toddlers to a tequila bar?)

Mural:

Unfortunately, there were no takers on the FPs through the Lines App, so we wound up giving them away to a couple sitting behind us. I hope they used them. I told them they were still good since the times had expired, but most people don't understand that (Which is why I was hoping I could give them to Disney fans!)

We had one more stop to make on our way out...

You'd think he'd be done by now...

Interestingly enough, there was a rumor going around that Rome wasn't burning (aka not smelly.) It wasn't! I found it to be glorious since I always have to hold my breath and hope we don't stop through that section since the smell gives me a headache! I wonder if they "fixed" it?

On our way out:

Our unlucky spot

Up Next: A stroll to POR and pictures around FQ!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #80
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

In other news...

When I logged into the Disney Site this morning I saw this!

BUT! When reading the Mousesavers Newsletter this morning, I found out that Casey's Corner will be closed during my stay. Which means NO CORN DOG NUGGETS!! I am sad.

I also haven't received my ME documents. I'm not checking bags, but I don't really want to wait to get on the bus to get ticketed for it. I'm giving them until tomorrow and then I'll contact my TA to see what's going on.

Also: these pictures hurt my eyes. I promise to take a regular camera on this trip.

Last edited by onelilspark; 08-15-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #81
pas130
DIS Veteran

I am hoping to really enjoy F&W. Especially since we aren't chasing after kids We wouldn't been happy to have your Fastpasses
Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #82
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am hoping to really enjoy F&W. Especially since we aren't chasing after kids We wouldn't been happy to have your Fastpasses
You'll love it! Check out www.disneyfoodblog.com for all the updates!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #83
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
You'll love it! Check out www.disneyfoodblog.com for all the updates!
Thanks. And BTW I meant we WOULD'VE been happy for your FP...sorry
Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #84
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. And BTW I meant we WOULD'VE been happy for your FP...sorry
Haha, yeah I figured!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #85
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

That's cool that you had an app to give away FPs, even though it didn't work out this time.

What's the story with the unlucky spot? I must have forgetten something from an earlier chapter? (That doesn't take me too long.)
Old 08-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #86
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Ahh, it seems like every TR I'm reading has pictures from the caramel store! I am definitely going to get something (or maybe a couple of somethings...) from there when I go. Everything looks so good!

Yay for 25 days until your next trip!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #87
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Kelly.

How sweet of you to give the fastpasses away.

I remember the rant about the tequila bar -- and I still agree with you.

Mark cannot wait to try out the caramel shop next month.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #88
celeste.
DIS Veteran

just found your TR and read all of the updates! I love it!
the German carmel shop really is yummy, isn't it?!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #89
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
That's cool that you had an app to give away FPs, even though it didn't work out this time.

What's the story with the unlucky spot? I must have forgetten something from an earlier chapter? (That doesn't take me too long.)
I don't think I ever told it So almost without fail, we'll drive in and we're always one or two cars away from being at the close end of the row instead of alllllll the way down

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ahh, it seems like every TR I'm reading has pictures from the caramel store! I am definitely going to get something (or maybe a couple of somethings...) from there when I go. Everything looks so good!

Yay for 25 days until your next trip!
I'm a BIG fan of that caramel & marshmallow roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Kelly.

How sweet of you to give the fastpasses away.

I remember the rant about the tequila bar -- and I still agree with you.

Mark cannot wait to try out the caramel shop next month.
I try to give away FPs, but it's hard when the time has "expired." I mean, I know they're still usable, but no one believes me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celeste. View Post
just found your TR and read all of the updates! I love it!
the German carmel shop really is yummy, isn't it?!
SUPER yummy!! And welcome!!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #90
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

So for September...I'm debating. On the last day, my parents are planning on joining me for breakfast at Kona, a park, then taking me to the airport. What if instead of Kona we did lunch around 1/130 at Sanaa and then headed to the airport from there?

Then I could have 2 room service breakfasts on my balcony...hmmm...

Obviously this will get run by my parents, but they're currently on a plane to the West Coast (no, not to D23!) so I have to wait.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: