Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #16
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Great start to your trip! How nice of that bus driver to not let everyone stand in the rain (I hope he got lots of nice tips!). Can't wait to see how the crowds were over the holiday weekend!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-14-2011, 07:22 AM   #17
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Thanks for the info...I'll relay it to my sister...she's been wondering.
I hope it helped, let me know if she has more questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Great start to your trip! How nice of that bus driver to not let everyone stand in the rain (I hope he got lots of nice tips!). Can't wait to see how the crowds were over the holiday weekend!
I meant to grab his name to let Disney know, but I forgot it

Thanks for joining in!

Time for a new update? Okay!

In unrelated news, I found out I was the top new outside sales rep for our company in Q2...even beat out older reps
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2011, 07:41 AM   #18
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Part 2

As we were standing at Guest Services getting things taken care of, I took pictures of the lobby area. By now, the check-in line had really gone down.

From there we decided to go check out our room since it had stopped raining

We had a gorgeous corner room that one window overlooked a courtyard, the other overlooked the river!

After checking out the room we headed over to meet my parents at Scat Cats for a night cap.

I had water.

It was the final game of the Tampa Bay Lightening/Boston Bruins series in the hockey playoffs, so my Mom wanted to see the game. We asked the bartender to change the channel off of some high school sport that was on ESPN. He couldn't because ESPN was Disney owned!! LAME!

So we finished our drink, listened to some music, and decided to turn in for the night.

I caught a little Stacy on tv:

Then time for bed so we could get up early for STAR TOURS!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #19
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I've not seen full pictures of the new rooms at POFQ -- very nice.

My question is: was anyone at the bar watching the high school game? My guess is probably not. I don't see why they couldn't change it.

Well, at least you guys had a nice drink (well, water in your case), before crashing for the night.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #20
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

The pics of the lobby and rooms look gorgeous! My brother-in-law & wife stayed at Port Orleans back in 1996 and absolutely loved the resort (their first WDW visit).

Congrats on your sales figures! (and beating out the older ones) I have been in sales and know how hard selling is (one thing I could never figure out is I made the most revenue over all the other sales reps but was never #1)

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Last edited by heaven2dc; 07-15-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #22
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

I like the room! This is one of the resorts that are in the running (no pun intended) for the Princess Half....we can't decide....I'm sure you're shocked POR, CBR, AKL, or SSR????? Just don't know...but I really like the look of the refurbished rooms! They are queens, right? Which room category is that anyway?

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 07-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #23
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I've not seen full pictures of the new rooms at POFQ -- very nice.

My question is: was anyone at the bar watching the high school game? My guess is probably not. I don't see why they couldn't change it.

Well, at least you guys had a nice drink (well, water in your case), before crashing for the night.
I don't think anyone was watching it. But it was ESPN...so you know, synergy, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
The pics of the lobby and rooms look gorgeous! My brother-in-law & wife stayed at Port Orleans back in 1996 and absolutely loved the resort (their first WDW visit).

Congrats on your sales figures! (and beating out the older ones) I have been in sales and know how hard selling is (one thing I could never figure out is I made the most revenue over all the other sales reps but was never #)
POFQ is pretty much my favorite Disney resort, even over the Poly and the Beach Club!

Thanks for the congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Always be selling!

Congratulations.

Can't wait to read your Star Tours report.
Thanks! Spoiler alert: it was awesome.

Quote:
I like the room! This is one of the resorts that are in the running (no pun intended) for the Princess Half....we can't decide....I'm sure you're shocked POR, CBR, AKL, or SSR????? Just don't know...but I really like the look of the refurbished rooms! They are queens, right? Which room category is that anyway?
Are you going with your kids or just you & your husband? I mean, I *love* French Quarter, but I think it would be a little cramped for a family of 5.

That room is just a standard king room. POFQ doesn't have preferred rooms (they might have different water view rooms, but we didn't pay for one.)

The new 2 bed rooms are Queens.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #24
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Are you going with your kids or just you & your husband? I mean, I *love* French Quarter, but I think it would be a little cramped for a family of 5.

That room is just a standard king room. POFQ doesn't have preferred rooms (they might have different water view rooms, but we didn't pay for one.)

The new 2 bed rooms are Queens.
For the Princess Half weekend, it's just going to be us...no kids. I'm going to have to check out each of these resorts. If the 3 children were with us, there would be no way to do a mod...well...except for FW. They would kill each other. I keep hearing such great things about POR and POFQ...really want to try them.

Thanks for the info!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 07-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #25
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For the Princess Half weekend, it's just going to be us...no kids. I'm going to have to check out each of these resorts. If the 3 children were with us, there would be no way to do a mod...well...except for FW. They would kill each other. I keep hearing such great things about POR and POFQ...really want to try them.

Thanks for the info!
Then I think you should definitely try FQ.

...or you know, at least start there
Old 07-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #26
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Ha....Thanks! I'll at least START with POFQ...but as you know (my Sig gives it away) it will probably change 5 times.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 07-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #27
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

joining in! love it when the planes leave on time.. I don't mind them getting delayed on the way home but not when you want to get to Disney ASAP
Old 07-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #28
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ha....Thanks! I'll at least START with POFQ...but as you know (my Sig gives it away) it will probably change 5 times.
So I'm debating re-booking Bistro de Paris for dinner in September. I can always cancel it before I get there if I change my mind. But what if it's awful weather and rainy?? It might be nice to spend 2 hours in doors at a restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
joining in! love it when the planes leave on time.. I don't mind them getting delayed on the way home but not when you want to get to Disney ASAP
My luck for planes lately has been awful. I've had so many canceled!! Thanks for joining!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #29
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
So I'm debating re-booking Bistro de Paris for dinner in September. I can always cancel it before I get there if I change my mind. But what if it's awful weather and rainy?? It might be nice to spend 2 hours in doors at a restaurant
Gosh....I'm floored that you are thinking about changing...that's so not you I would really like to try the Bistro...I hear you can get a great view of Illuminations, too, if you time it just right.

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 07-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #30
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Gosh....I'm floored that you are thinking about changing...that's so not you I would really like to try the Bistro...I hear you can get a great view of Illuminations, too, if you time it just right.

Heather
So today I was faced with trying to come up with things we still have to get done for the wedding. Instead I was pricing out how much it would be to fly down to Orlando in August.

Luckily Geoff is home today (he has summer hours and works extended hours Mon-Thurs and has Fri off) and was able to talk some sense into me.

I think I have a problem. I then thought about extending my trip by a day, but I'm not spending $400 to stay at BLT. So I went back to my to-do list.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: