Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
KortneyMatherne
Earning My Ears

Used Disboard advice and it was great!

Great advice Disboards, thank you!
My parents initially wanted to stay on the Boardwalk but didn't want to pay the $7000+ they wanted for the vacation so, I took the advice of another Diser and booked them a room at the Dolphin ($1319 total) to be one the boardwalk and booked them a standard room @ ASMu for 12 Days to get the DXDP and ticket package, ME and etc.....($3700). I also took advice from the Disboards and bought Disney GCs in the sum of the Disney Vacation ($3700) and earned $444 in free gasoline (so in reality, the Disney portion only came out to $3256 versus $3700! So staying at the Dolphin and booking the ASMu room for them for the benefits versus staying at the Yacht Club was a difference is $3000+ dollars.

Why book a room and not use it you say? Well, my DH and I were going also. We asked for connecting rooms, and we got them. Occupancy was down, we have been to Disney several times at the AsMu at this time of year so we crossed our fingers and won! So, it's like we had a suite to ourselves for the 12 days! With a fridge and the 2 bathrooms and 2 showers and extra space, is was great, it wasn't the Yacht Club but it was great having all the room! By the way, my parents and brother LOVED the Dolphin and that area!!
Thanks for the advice, it worked well!

---------------------------------------------------------

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: