Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #136
DisneyPhreak
Mouseketeer

Great trip report! Thanks for all the great pics. Little over 3 weeks for us! Since I'm off work at the moment I'd love to do an in depth TR with pics like yours!
DisneyPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #137
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Great Reviews and sounds like a GREAT trip!

I was following in the beginning and then wasn't on the DIS much but am glad I came back and was able to finish your TR!

I loved the BBQ but also 2 nights in a row might have been a bit much for me!!

I may have to try the Hearthstone Lounge! Did they have the munchies both times or just the first time?
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #138
Tnut
Earning My Ears

Great report! I'm so looking forward to my trip in 32 days. I think we'll try the bbq place. I've never been and I bet the boys would like it (DS 7,5 & 2)
Tnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #139
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Loved the last update!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex2kMommy View Post
What a fun ride! Thanks for sharing it.
No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasscrapper View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your trip and all the lovely photos. I was hoping today that you would finish it before I left for my trip. My sister arrives tomorrow and we leave for Vegas early Friday. My hubby will join me Monday when sis goes home and we will be off to the happiest place on earth!

You said you almost got the nachos at White Water Snacks. They aren't on the menu that I could see and was wondering if they were the ones with the meat strips on them? I had wanted to try them before and was hoping to this time but was bummed they weren't on the menu. I really would like to go through the Grand just to see what it is like.

I hope you enjoyed reliving everything as much as I've enjoyed reading about your trip.
Have a great trip!

Yes, the nachos with the beef or chicken chunks, they were available when I was there at least. The GC is really nice, I'd recommend a wander if you're in DTD, there's an entrance by Sephora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPhreak View Post
Great trip report! Thanks for all the great pics. Little over 3 weeks for us! Since I'm off work at the moment I'd love to do an in depth TR with pics like yours!
Thanks! They're fun to write and it's a great memento to relive your trip again and again, you should give it a try when you get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Great Reviews and sounds like a GREAT trip!

I was following in the beginning and then wasn't on the DIS much but am glad I came back and was able to finish your TR!

I loved the BBQ but also 2 nights in a row might have been a bit much for me!!

I may have to try the Hearthstone Lounge! Did they have the munchies both times or just the first time?
Munchies both times yup, but the second time, as I mentioned our server was a little bit slow, so it took awhile to get them.

We had a lot of just 'ok' service this trip, no really great servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnut View Post
Great report! I'm so looking forward to my trip in 32 days. I think we'll try the bbq place. I've never been and I bet the boys would like it (DS 7,5 & 2)
You're getting close now! I think the kids would definitely like it. There's a lot of variety to the food, and the entertainment should keep them... entertained if they like music. Thanks for reading!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #140
sonjaandsue
Mouseketeer

Wonderful trip report! What kind of restaurant is Tangaroa Terrace - meaning is it sit down/table service or counter service/quick service type? The food looked good!
sonjaandsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #141
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasscrapper View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your trip and all the lovely photos. I was hoping today that you would finish it before I left for my trip. My sister arrives tomorrow and we leave for Vegas early Friday. My hubby will join me Monday when sis goes home and we will be off to the happiest place on earth!

You said you almost got the nachos at White Water Snacks. They aren't on the menu that I could see and was wondering if they were the ones with the meat strips on them? I had wanted to try them before and was hoping to this time but was bummed they weren't on the menu. I really would like to go through the Grand just to see what it is like.

I hope you enjoyed reliving everything as much as I've enjoyed reading about your trip.

These are the nachos at White Water Snacks. They are wonderful!! It seems to me that I didn't see them on the menu right inside the door but was on the one up by the register.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #142
kaoden39
Hugs

Rude bartender=no tip. Gee I am sorry that she didn't think that a mojito is strong enough, she needs to shut her mouth and do her job. I bet they have to sell a certain amount of the souvenir glasses is why she put it on your tab.

Your salad looks amazing. I think I may need to try that when I go.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #143
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjaandsue View Post
Wonderful trip report! What kind of restaurant is Tangaroa Terrace - meaning is it sit down/table service or counter service/quick service type? The food looked good!
Counter service I guess. You order at a touch screen, then print a slip out, grab any bottled drinks, chips, desserts etc, then go to the cashier who rings up your order and you can get any fountain drink cups from her too, then you collect your cutlery and napkins and find a seat. You get a number then your food is delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

These are the nachos at White Water Snacks. They are wonderful!! It seems to me that I didn't see them on the menu right inside the door but was on the one up by the register.
Ahh, don't make me regret my decision!!!

Quote:
Rude bartender=no tip. Gee I am sorry that she didn't think that a mojito is strong enough, she needs to shut her mouth and do her job. I bet they have to sell a certain amount of the souvenir glasses is why she put it on your tab.
Yeah, I'm sure we didn't tip much. It's too bad because the other bartender seemed really friendly and easy going, shoulda sat on the other side of the bar I guess!

Quote:
Your salad looks amazing. I think I may need to try that when I go.
I would definitely recommend it Especially later in your trip when you're craving something healthy!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #144
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Counter service I guess. You order at a touch screen, then print a slip out, grab any bottled drinks, chips, desserts etc, then go to the cashier who rings up your order and you can get any fountain drink cups from her too, then you collect your cutlery and napkins and find a seat. You get a number then your food is delivered.

Ahh, don't make me regret my decision!!!

Yeah, I'm sure we didn't tip much. It's too bad because the other bartender seemed really friendly and easy going, shoulda sat on the other side of the bar I guess!

I would definitely recommend it Especially later in your trip when you're craving something healthy!

Oh I will definitely need it by then.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: