Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Blabbermouth & DH's Feeding Frenzy TRIP REPORT - Final Update 9/21

Hi everyone! In honour of booking our flights with airmiles last night and Disney finally putting up park hours for our first day, I thought it was time I start a PTR!

DH and I will be in California from Friday August 26th to Friday September 2nd. We'll fly into LAX, rent a car and drive to Pismo Beach for a wedding over the weekend (is it over yet? Disneyland is waiting... although the wedding was the reason for us going to CA at all), and then drive back down to Disneyland for the end of our trip.

Here we are on our last trip to DL for our honeymoon:

Me eating my giant pickle

DH, the sporty one, playing soccer at the Starcade

Me with my new BFF

And DH drinking a beer and waiting for dinner at Cheesecake Factory (and trying to politely ignore me while I obsessively take photos)

Wow, looking back on those photos from two years ago, we look much older now Don't get married, kids!

It's called the Feeding Frenzy PTR because we're planning on eating a lot of delicious food while we're there. Our last trip (see trip report link in signature!) we didn't plan very well to eat at many sit down restaurants, and we regret it. This time we're going to go all out (and not worry about the expenses!)

And while I hesitate to call it a Drinking Frenzy there will be some cocktail/beer/wine sampling. Yes, sampling, we'll go with that.

We have three day parkhoppers, but will be in Anaheim for 4 full days, so we're thinking about visiting some nearby wineries. We'll have had our fill of the beach by then, DH doesn't want to visit Universal (he overheard a grown man in the line for Soarin' talking about how scary the rides were there! ) and we like wine! Or we might just use it as a lazy pool day.

We're going to stay at Best Western Stovall's Inn. It's a great price, looks a bit more modern than other motels and has two pools for our afternoon breaks. And they have topiaries, awesome, right?! My DH might try and use those topiaries as a reason not to ride It's a Small World, but he can't fool me. Last time we stayed at HOJO's, and we thought that it was just OK, so we decided to try something different.

So, those are the basics! We have our flights and hotels booked, now we just need to book a rental car - any advice?

Next time I will talk about food plans, or park day plans, or or or... something else?

And one last thing... pretty please will you comment on this if you read it? If I don't get any readers, I will cry and force DH to read it and comment politely, and that's just pathetic. THANKS!

Last edited by blabbermouth; 09-21-2011 at 09:24 PM.
blabbermouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

I'll comment! Obviously subbing, but I know I get a little down on continuing when there are no comments to keep me going. Looks like you'll be there riiiight before me (I arrive on September 2). I never seem to eat at too many places at Disneyland so I suppose I should live trough you! Sounds like a plan.

Blogging about life and Disney
Live Well - Laugh Often - Run Disney

Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2011, 01:41 AM   #3
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I hate when people don't comment on my reports either. I alway notice a LOT of people reading, but hardly anyone comments. Don't get it? I always make sure to comment on every trip report I read....... I try telling myself that I do my trip reports only for myself anyway, that way it's not so upsetting when people don't take the time o comment. It's always fun looking back on my past PTR's and TR's whenever I need a little Disney fix.

Anyway...... I look forward to reading more of your plans. Going on a drinking and eating frenzy through Disney sounds like heaven. I can wait to hear what cocktails you recommend after you return.

I wish I could offer some advice as far a rental cars. We are road tripping it out to California in November and I'm still debating on renting a car. If we do we're definitely renting outside of the airport because the rates are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH cheaper. We'll probably go through budget because I found some good codes. Here's one for ya if you decide to go through BUDGET. ::::: For up to 25% off use BCD code : W810011

Good luck!

I'll look back for more updates later.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
I'll comment! Obviously subbing, but I know I get a little down on continuing when there are no comments to keep me going. Looks like you'll be there riiiight before me (I arrive on September 2). I never seem to eat at too many places at Disneyland so I suppose I should live trough you! Sounds like a plan.
Thanks for reading! I should get over to yours too. The neverending ones seem overwhelming, but I'll jump in. Too bad we're just missing each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
I hate when people don't comment on my reports either. I alway notice a LOT of people reading, but hardly anyone comments. Don't get it? I always make sure to comment on every trip report I read....... I try telling myself that I do my trip reports only for myself anyway, that way it's not so upsetting when people don't take the time o comment. It's always fun looking back on my past PTR's and TR's whenever I need a little Disney fix.

Anyway...... I look forward to reading more of your plans. Going on a drinking and eating frenzy through Disney sounds like heaven. I can wait to hear what cocktails you recommend after you return.

I wish I could offer some advice as far a rental cars. We are road tripping it out to California in November and I'm still debating on renting a car. If we do we're definitely renting outside of the airport because the rates are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH cheaper. We'll probably go through budget because I found some good codes. Here's one for ya if you decide to go through BUDGET. ::::: For up to 25% off use BCD code : W810011

Good luck!

I'll look back for more updates later.
My problem is that I will sometimes read trip reports at work, but for some reason decide that reading is ok on work time, but posting crosses a line? I don't know where I get my morals from, haha. But I have read your PTR and will get back to comment soon.

Thanks for the code, it totally helps!!! It makes the pre-pay price much lower, so I think we'll go with that. Unfortunately we're stuck with renting at the airport, but that's fine.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Thanks for reading! I should get over to yours too. The neverending ones seem overwhelming, but I'll jump in. Too bad we're just missing each other.
I used to think that as well. I think the kicker for me in doing it was I didn't want to have a million links in my signature because I planned on hanging around for a while. At least right now I'm just starting a brand new PTR. Fresh beginnings!

I always get a little down when I realize I'll miss another DIS'er by just one day! I've had a lot of fun meeting different members over the years between overlapping trips and big meet ups like the Girls Only trip.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post

My problem is that I will sometimes read trip reports at work, but for some reason decide that reading is ok on work time, but posting crosses a line? I don't know where I get my morals from, haha. But I have read your PTR and will get back to comment soon.

Thanks for the code, it totally helps!!! It makes the pre-pay price much lower, so I think we'll go with that. Unfortunately we're stuck with renting at the airport, but that's fine.
You're welcome! Glad it will help.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!

I'm joining! Can't wait for more!!
kylie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Im in! I should be packing for my own trip but I am the queen of procrastination and I wear my tiara proudly! lol!

I'm renting a car from the airport and I booked it as part of a package through my airline and it was only $178 for the 8 nights/9 days we will be there. Its through Alamo. I know it was a lot more to book online but maybe check with your airline to see if they are able to help you with a discount.

Love the pic with the pickle! A woman after my own heart!

Can't wait to read more!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:37 PM   #9
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie71 View Post
I'm joining! Can't wait for more!!
Thanks for reading, updating now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Im in! I should be packing for my own trip but I am the queen of procrastination and I wear my tiara proudly! lol!

I'm renting a car from the airport and I booked it as part of a package through my airline and it was only $178 for the 8 nights/9 days we will be there. Its through Alamo. I know it was a lot more to book online but maybe check with your airline to see if they are able to help you with a discount.

Love the pic with the pickle! A woman after my own heart!

Can't wait to read more!
I'm not a procrastinator, I just work better under pressure

I will check into booking my car with air canada. thanks!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #10
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
I used to think that as well. I think the kicker for me in doing it was I didn't want to have a million links in my signature because I planned on hanging around for a while. At least right now I'm just starting a brand new PTR. Fresh beginnings!

I always get a little down when I realize I'll miss another DIS'er by just one day! I've had a lot of fun meeting different members over the years between overlapping trips and big meet ups like the Girls Only trip.
I unfortunately live too far away for it to be a regular trip for me, but it does make sense!

Yeah, just a day! Maybe next year!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #11
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Not even next year, but in the future I don't think it'll be going anywhere soon. I think I would go crazy if I lived any further away than I do. You gotta make your trips really count, huh?

Old 07-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #12
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

This is our plan for our arrival night.

So we'll be arriving sometime in the evening on Sunday and check into our hotel. We were thinking we'd kick off the trip with Rainforest Cafe. I know it gets a lot of mixed reviews, but we really liked our meals two years ago (but I do agree, a bit overpriced) and they have great drinks!

See? Great!

And ginormous hummingbirds in the bar!

I apologize if this is your butt...

This will probably be our only repeat restaurant from last trip. It could be a relaxing night...

However, I'm thinking we'll be there at for the first week of non-peak season, which means that there won't be Fantasmic on the nights we're there! If this is the case, we will probably add a day to our PHs and head into DL to see it on the Sunday night. I would love to do the dessert package, but I think I'm just too much of a cheapskate! I really want to eat all that deliciousness, but I don't think it's worth $60 to me. We'll probably just grab a snack (beignets?) and a coffee and some standing seats.

As I said, last trip we didn't do everything we wanted to, and that means we've never seen Fantasmic at DL. We liked it at WDW, but it seemed much easier, seats, and much less waiting. But I want to give it a try this trip!

And while we're in there, I figure we should just check and see if Haunted Mansion is still open. I think it's supposed to close on the 29th for it's seasonal makeover, so we'll try and catch it once before we miss it.

Let me know if there are any flaws in my plans, I'm not an expert!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #13
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Those drinks do look good!

I see you're in BC too. Am I allowed to ask where? I'm in Maple Ridge but shhhhhh.....don't tell anyone! lol!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 07-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #14
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Those drinks do look good!

I see you're in BC too. Am I allowed to ask where? I'm in Maple Ridge but shhhhhh.....don't tell anyone! lol!
No big secret. We're in Victoria. Such a disadvantage to travel, either ferry or an extra flight! But we love it here.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #15
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Oh lucky you! I love, love, love Victoria!

But ya, to travel you have to get off the island first. Oh well, its so worth it.

Nice to find another "local" on here!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: