Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
sandrakendall33
Earning My Ears

Rides for toddlers AND adults?

We have just changed our vacation plans, and we literally have days to plan our trip to Disney. We have a small two year old, who measures about 30," and our 4 year old measures about 38." What rides should we try at Magic Kingdom?
sandrakendall33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
chartle
DIS Veteran

Everything that doesn't have a height requirement which is about 90% of the rides.

Now if you r kids have issues with loud noises you have to consider rides like Ellen's universe of energy which is long and can be loud.

I think you need one of the guide books for families.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
Taja
DIS Veteran

Well, obviously the three mountains (Splash, Space & BTMRR) at MK are out. Most of the other attractions (with a few exceptions--possibly AstroOrbiter) don't have height restrictions. It mainly will depend on whether your young ones tolerate darkness and/or loud noises. As a young child, Peter Pan at Disneyland scared me witless. It wasn't the ride itself--it was the doors closing behind each ship after it entered an area. Not an issue these days--the loud bang is long gone! *LOL* Noise didn't bother me in general, it apparently was just the doors being behind us and not being able to see what caused the noise.

If you go to allears.net (used to be allearsnet.com--I just verified it), you'll find information about the attractions in all of the parks. Poke around a bit. Others also check videos on YouTube after determining which attractions have ride restrictions.

This assumes it will be your first visit to WDW. If not, you probably have a good idea of what's available and just need to update your information as it relates to two little ones.

Remember, toddlers see the world differently than we do. They will be fascinated with some of the most ordinary things and want to spend time explorinig. Bring lots of patience and you'll have a magical holiday!
Taja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #4
Mr. and Mrs. Mummert
Earning My Ears

I took my DD to Disney last year and she was 22 months at the time. I decided to try her on POTC, thinking that she would freak. She loved it and sang "Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho" the whole trip. Just give any ride a try-they might surprise you as to what they will like.

Mr. and Mrs. Mummert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
linzbear
Flirts with Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. and Mrs. Mummert View Post
I took my DD to Disney last year and she was 22 months at the time. I decided to try her on POTC, thinking that she would freak. She loved it and sang "Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho" the whole trip. Just give any ride a try-they might surprise you as to what they will like.
DS at 22 months was saying "Wheeee" after we went down the little drop, and then kept signing 'more'

He was deathly afraid of the characters, though!
04/92 - CBR | 03/94 - Offsite | 03/03 - VWL | 05/05 - BWV | 05/06 - DLR | 12/06 - VWL | 04/07 - BCV | 10/07 - OKW/AKV | 12/07 - VWL | 09/08 - OKW | 10/09 - AKV | 11/10 - AKV/VWL | 10/11 - BLT/Swan | 5/13 - VWL
Planned:
11/14 - AKV
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

I wish they could go on Splash. I know he would definately love the ride and if he was sitting between two adults I'm sure the drop would be ok, but he's to short. Glad there are alot of rides he can go on though at MK. Wish there were more like that at the other parks.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
linzbear
Flirts with Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly chloe View Post
I wish they could go on Splash. I know he would definately love the ride and if he was sitting between two adults I'm sure the drop would be ok, but he's to short. Glad there are alot of rides he can go on though at MK. Wish there were more like that at the other parks.
There are...

DHS: Toy Story Mania, Backlot Tour, and Great Movie Ride are it (3 with height requirements RnRC, ToT, and Star Tours)

Epcot: Mexico ride, Norway ride, Figment, Living with the Land, Nemo, Ellen, Spaceship Earth, plus most of Innoventions (4 with height requirements: Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin', Sum of all Thrills)

AK: Safaris, Train to Rafiki's, Triceratops Spin (3 with height requirements: Kali, Dinosaur, & EE)

DHS & AK have a lot of shows, not rides, and none of those are gated. MK actually has the most height required rides (Splash, Space, Thunder, Stitch, Speedway)
04/92 - CBR | 03/94 - Offsite | 03/03 - VWL | 05/05 - BWV | 05/06 - DLR | 12/06 - VWL | 04/07 - BCV | 10/07 - OKW/AKV | 12/07 - VWL | 09/08 - OKW | 10/09 - AKV | 11/10 - AKV/VWL | 10/11 - BLT/Swan | 5/13 - VWL
Planned:
11/14 - AKV
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
height restrictions, rides, toddler

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: