Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
disneydentist
Mouseketeer

PhotoPass Magic Shots?

Any current info on what's available and where?

Thanks
POR: 2002 (x2); POFQ: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
Wilderness Lodge: 2000, 2001 (Flag Family 12/3).
All-Star Music: 2009 (Band trip).
Disneyland: 1980, 2007, 2009, 2011.
Disney Magic: New England and Canada 2012. Disney Wonder: Alaska 2013.

WDW Honorary Citizens:11/23/1996.

WWTBAM? Play It! Hot Seat 12/3/02. Got the 1,000,000 point question wrong.
disneydentist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydentist View Post
Any current info on what's available and where?

Thanks
In March, I'd just ask the photopass photographer if they're doing any magic shots. Tink is done by the Partners & in front of the castle. If you can find one by the haunted mansion, they can add in the hitchhiking ghosts. Down by the Rivers of America, you can sword fight with Capt Hook. In front of the floral Mickey they can have you hold a bouquet of balloons or Tink.

In DCA in the entry area, we were able to sit on a bench & watch Stitch eat an ice cream cone. They can also have Stitch pop out of the ground. By the waterfalls of GRR they can do the bouquet of balloons. Another one they do is add Mickey & friends hang gliding overhead.

That's all we could find during that trip.....but just ask....they don't always offer it, but if you luck out with a nice photographer....they can set you up for some of those!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
Disneylovers2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
In March, I'd just ask the photopass photographer if they're doing any magic shots. Tink is done by the Partners & in front of the castle. If you can find one by the haunted mansion, they can add in the hitchhiking ghosts. Down by the Rivers of America, you can sword fight with Capt Hook. In front of the floral Mickey they can have you hold a bouquet of balloons or Tink.

In DCA in the entry area, we were able to sit on a bench & watch Stitch eat an ice cream cone. They can also have Stitch pop out of the ground. By the waterfalls of GRR they can do the bouquet of balloons. Another one they do is add Mickey & friends hang gliding overhead.

That's all we could find during that trip.....but just ask....they don't always offer it, but if you luck out with a nice photographer....they can set you up for some of those!!!
Thanks for the info! I would love to get one of these done on our trip!
Disneylovers2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
HappyHaunt
Mouseketeer

We found ourselves lucky to just find a photopass photographer! We only saw them by the castle and DLR enterance at DL. And only a few places at DCA too. One year we had all kinds on pictures done. We had Stitch and Hitch Hiking Ghosts, Capt hook, and Tinkerbell. I thought for sure we'd see more in June this year, but nope.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post

Awesome Laurie! I didn't know about some of those. I'll have to do some hunting in September now.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
candygirlIRE
Mouseketeer

I never knew about this Thanks for the info

I guess one just has to ask
Old 07-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
Princess Row
His Disney girl! <3

I was told ANY photographer with a camera not on a stand can do magic shots.

Right after you scan your ticket (before you go through the tunnel to main street) theres often a photographer there and you can sit on the bench and wave at mickey or minnie sitting next to you on the bench.

I dont know about DLR but at WDW they had us hold simba in our arms, it was really cute.
But ask everytime you take a picture, most Cast members are willing to do it.
Princess Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
Disney_Alli
Mouseketeer

On my recent trip in June I got: hitch-hiking ghosts at HM; Mickey on the bench by Partners; Minnie in the same spot; I fought Darth Vader near Astro Orbiter; I fought Captain Hook by rivers of America; I held Simba in Adventureland; I kissed a frog prince near the castle lake; tink in front of the castle and just inside the gate; balloons in both places as well; the hang glider just inside DCA by the Golden Gate bridge and Stitch exploding out of the ground on the bridge across from Paradise Pier (on the way to Ariel's Grotto). I ran into a fabulous photographer who took most of those shots in two mini-photo shoots
Disney_Alli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #9
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Alli View Post
On my recent trip in June I got: hitch-hiking ghosts at HM; Mickey on the bench by Partners; Minnie in the same spot; I fought Darth Vader near Astro Orbiter; I fought Captain Hook by rivers of America; I held Simba in Adventureland; I kissed a frog prince near the castle lake; tink in front of the castle and just inside the gate; balloons in both places as well; the hang glider just inside DCA by the Golden Gate bridge and Stitch exploding out of the ground on the bridge across from Paradise Pier (on the way to Ariel's Grotto). I ran into a fabulous photographer who took most of those shots in two mini-photo shoots
Congrats! I wanted some of those shots on our trip (didn't even realize you could hold Simba at DL - thought it was an AK exclusive), but only ended up with holding Tink, holding balloons, sitting on benches with Mickey and Minnie and characters Soarin' over my girls. I never even saw PP photographers in Adventureland or by RoA.

Gonna have to try again next time, I guess...
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
Disney_Alli
Mouseketeer

Pure Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine514 View Post
Congrats! I wanted some of those shots on our trip (didn't even realize you could hold Simba at DL - thought it was an AK exclusive), but only ended up with holding Tink, holding balloons, sitting on benches with Mickey and Minnie and characters Soarin' over my girls. I never even saw PP photographers in Adventureland or by RoA.

Gonna have to try again next time, I guess...
I happened to be in DL on a Grad Night... they had accidentally scheduled a photographer who shoots the Memories show despite the fact that it does not show on Grad Nights so they told him to wander in the Hub and take pictures. I was also my birthday and I was wearing my pin so we got chatting while he took a couple of pictures of me in front of the (sadly closed) Matterhorn. He offered to take the Mickey and Minnie shots then sent me over to Astro Orbiter to wait while he ran to grab his light saber and set up that shot. He told me he would be in the Hub until the afternoon so I should come back and see him so I went back and found him in the afternoon and we did the HM, Captain Hook and the rest of those shots then.

The whole thing was pure luck and pixie dust but I'll send you some in the hopes that you have just as much

Lots of Pixie Dust
Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

Wow, I didn't even know you could get these! As a local I usually just ignore the Photopass photographers because I don't feel inclined to spend a lot of money on the finished pictures and it's not like a rare visit, but I didn't know they did magic pictures! That sounds super-cool and I'm definitely going to try to get some when the blockout season is over. Learn something new every day!

Shelby, head My Year With The Mouseketeer
MyYearWithTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:10 AM   #12
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Alli View Post
I happened to be in DL on a Grad Night... they had accidentally scheduled a photographer who shoots the Memories show despite the fact that it does not show on Grad Nights so they told him to wander in the Hub and take pictures. I was also my birthday and I was wearing my pin so we got chatting while he took a couple of pictures of me in front of the (sadly closed) Matterhorn. He offered to take the Mickey and Minnie shots then sent me over to Astro Orbiter to wait while he ran to grab his light saber and set up that shot. He told me he would be in the Hub until the afternoon so I should come back and see him so I went back and found him in the afternoon and we did the HM, Captain Hook and the rest of those shots then.

The whole thing was pure luck and pixie dust but I'll send you some in the hopes that you have just as much
Thanks for the pixie dust! We commendered one of the memories photographers for a few minutes, too. He took the Minnie shot, a Tink shot and a family photo for us. Our girls may have ended up on the memories wall that night, but we were busy staking out a fireworks location.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:03 AM   #13
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Allison! You got so lucky!! I wish I had found that same photographer!! I have looked for them around the ROA and NOS but have yet to find one anywhere near there!

I think on my final AP trip in October I will ask as I really would like some of those shots!!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #14
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

This is such great info! I didn't know about some of these. Thanks for sharing

Caseystigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #15
DisneyFairytale
DIS Veteran

We actually discovered just last trip what they do and what they cost, wish I had known about all those locations tho! I had no idea there were so many other great places for photos! It's a very good price for what the offer I thought. You can get photos taken, the entire time you're there and pay the same price(flat fee) for the entire set of pictures-which is usually quite a few.

We had never done it until last time we were there, and we really enjoyed the pictures. Should actually load some from our last trip. Definitely doing it again in a couple of months when we go.

Recommend doing it as well! you won't regret it, well worth the money.
DisneyFairytale is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: