Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #31
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Aw man, how I wish we could ge photos with Jiminy Cricket here at Disneyland!! Great pictures.

Blogging about life and Disney
Live Well - Laugh Often - Run Disney

Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #32
MyPeanut&Bug
Mouseketeer

How fun springing Reya from school will be with that surprise!!! I'd love to do a surprise trip, but don't think I can keep my big mouth shut. My husband doesn't want to talk trip planning until it's about a week away so I blab to the kids about it.

That indoor pool at Glenwood Springs looks AMAZING!! My gosh, how gorgeous!
August 2002 - Honeymoon after our Cinderella wedding! - POR
May 2009 - ASMo- First trip with kids!
March 2011 - Grandma came along for the fun too! - ASMo

Ready to start planning again for 2014! Hoping for June 2014!!

"Mommy! Dey heads is fweaky!!" March 2011 TR
MyPeanut&Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #33
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

OMG!! I have never seen Jiminy Cricket before.

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #34
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Wow, Glenwood Springs looks awesome! Its really nice to have some neat stops on your way to DL.

Nice how your nieces seem to really love taking care of your kids.
blabbermouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:16 AM   #35
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Aw man, how I wish we could ge photos with Jiminy Cricket here at Disneyland!! Great pictures.
This is actually one of the only Characters Hubby and I got photos with in WDW besides our character meals!

We found Jiminy and Rafiki at Conservation Station in Animal Kingdom.

I guess I didn't realize he was never out at DL. I just thought I never saw him!

I'm in for the ride! (I thought I had subscribed to a TR of yours in the past but can't find it now?!)
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #36
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
I know... And I LOVE that picture, I have it hanging up in my living room. Can't believe how little my baby boy was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPeanut&Bug View Post
How fun springing Reya from school will be with that surprise!!! I'd love to do a surprise trip, but don't think I can keep my big mouth shut. My husband doesn't want to talk trip planning until it's about a week away so I blab to the kids about it.

That indoor pool at Glenwood Springs looks AMAZING!! My gosh, how gorgeous!
LOL. My husband and I have to talk in code if we're around my daughter and discussing something about our trip. She is CLUELESS!! I LOVE it!! I'm so excited seeing her reaction to everything. It is hard keeping a secret from her, but it will be worth it in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
OMG!! I have never seen Jiminy Cricket before.
That picture was taken at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Wow, Glenwood Springs looks awesome! Its really nice to have some neat stops on your way to DL.

Nice how your nieces seem to really love taking care of your kids.
We're not ones to drive straight thru when we take a road trip. We really like to enjoy ourselves and relax along the way. When we drive back home however, that's a different story. We'll stop at hotels for the night, but after we leave Disney we just want to get home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
This is actually one of the only Characters Hubby and I got photos with in WDW besides our character meals!

We found Jiminy and Rafiki at Conservation Station in Animal Kingdom.

I guess I didn't realize he was never out at DL. I just thought I never saw him!

I'm in for the ride! (I thought I had subscribed to a TR of yours in the past but can't find it now?!)
You probably have. I've done several PTR's and TR's in the past. I'm glad to have to back.
That picture of Jiminy was taken at Conservation station. Just thought it would be fun to share pictures of our past "disney" vacations . Both DLR and WDW. Should probably label where each picture was taken.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #37
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Well I somehow missed you had started another PTR!! Glad to see that you're finally getting another trip in!! The girls are getting so big & will be so excited to be going back to Disneyland!!

I always should put my money towards other things, but like you said, seeing your children laughing & smiling makes it worth every penny!! We never had the money to take the older boys to Disneyland when they were younger & I still feel horrible for that.....but now we've made it something we work towards each year! Luckily our tax returns have helped immensely with that.

Will be looking forward to seeing this all come together for you!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #38
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Well I somehow missed you had started another PTR!! Glad to see that you're finally getting another trip in!! The girls are getting so big & will be so excited to be going back to Disneyland!!

I always should put my money towards other things, but like you said, seeing your children laughing & smiling makes it worth every penny!! We never had the money to take the older boys to Disneyland when they were younger & I still feel horrible for that.....but now we've made it something we work towards each year! Luckily our tax returns have helped immensely with that.

Will be looking forward to seeing this all come together for you!!
Glad you found me. My husband and I were having a wonderful conversation last night. I mentioned to him that I don't remember much about my childhood, and what I do remember isn't all that great. But one thing I do know is we never really traveled. The only trip I know of is to Yellowstone when I was in elementary school. I am so happy and thrilled knowing that my children will have many, many, many happy, beautiful, memories of our time together. I've always made it a point that my kids would have a better life then I did and that I would do everything in my power to make sure of that. Enjoying each other and having fun together is priceless. We have to be frugal and watch our money so we can plan our vacations, but it's worth it in the end. It always made me upset when people told me I was silly for taking my kids to Disney when they were so young, it was always said that they will never remember it, so why do it??...... But I think their wrong, and even if they don't remember... I'll have those memories and that's just has important.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #39
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Glad you found me. My husband and I were having a wonderful conversation last night. I mentioned to him that I don't remember much about my childhood, and what I do remember isn't all that great. But one thing I do know is we never really traveled. The only trip I know of is to Yellowstone when I was in elementary school. I am so happy and thrilled knowing that my children will have many, many, many happy, beautiful, memories of our time together. I've always made it a point that my kids would have a better life then I did and that I would do everything in my power to make sure of that. Enjoying each other and having fun together is priceless. We have to be frugal and watch our money so we can plan our vacations, but it's worth it in the end. It always made me upset when people told me I was silly for taking my kids to Disney when they were so young, it was always said that they will never remember it, so why do it??...... But I think their wrong, and even if they don't remember... I'll have those memories and that's just has important.
Addy's first trip was when she was 2 1/2yrs & we didn't go back for a year & she talked about that trip like it was yesterday. Now she's 6 & she still remembers stuff from every trip since. So they may not remember everything.....but something from each trip has placed itself in their memories!! Totally worth it!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #40
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've always made it a point that my kids would have a better life then I did and that I would do everything in my power to make sure of that. Enjoying each other and having fun together is priceless. We have to be frugal and watch our money so we can plan our vacations, but it's worth it in the end. It always made me upset when people told me I was silly for taking my kids to Disney when they were so young, it was always said that they will never remember it, so why do it??...... But I think their wrong, and even if they don't remember... I'll have those memories and that's just has important.

I am so with you. The motto in my house is "people before things". Its the time together that is the most important thing. My girls and I were just talking about the trips we took when they were little yesterday at Disneyland (yay!) and while they don't remember the trips from when they were really young I will never forget seeing the magic through their little eyes. If I had waited until I was sure that they would remember some of that "magic" would have been lost. My girls are 11 and 14 and while Disney is still very magical to them, there is something about a toddler or a preschooler looking at Cinderella and really believing with all their being that it really is the princess or that Mickey really is a giant mouse. The memories we made last week at the parks are no less precious then the ones from when they were little - just different. So to anyone who tells you it was a wasted trip because they won't remember well then pooh on them - you will never forget the look in their eyes as they "bought into" the magic 100%.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #41
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I am so with you. The motto in my house is "people before things". Its the time together that is the most important thing. My girls and I were just talking about the trips we took when they were little yesterday at Disneyland (yay!) and while they don't remember the trips from when they were really young I will never forget seeing the magic through their little eyes. If I had waited until I was sure that they would remember some of that "magic" would have been lost. My girls are 11 and 14 and while Disney is still very magical to them, there is something about a toddler or a preschooler looking at Cinderella and really believing with all their being that it really is the princess or that Mickey really is a giant mouse. The memories we made last week at the parks are no less precious then the ones from when they were little - just different. So to anyone who tells you it was a wasted trip because they won't remember well then pooh on them - you will never forget the look in their eyes as they "bought into" the magic 100%.
Well said!!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:16 AM   #42
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

November 9th planning

November 9th- Day 2

5:30 AM- Wake
((Yuck- hate having to wake at the crack of dawn while on vacation, but we have a LONG drive ))

7:00 AM- Breakfast

8:00 AM- On the Road Again

**Pictures of our Last Road Trip driving from Colorado to Vegas (for your viewing pleasure**

We will need to make SEVERAL rest stops along the way. It’s a total of 8 1/2 hours of driving. But due to the fact that I have a 5 year old and an 1 year old I estimate a total of 10 1/2 hours.

We will have Lunch at WINGERS in Richfield Utah. We don’t have any of these restaurants in Colorado and we try to eat at one whenever we happen to be somewhere in Utah.

**Pictures from our last trip to Wingers in Richfield**

** My dorky brother**

After 10 hours of driving and MANY meltdowns I'm sure, I estimate we'll be in Vegas around 6:00 PM. ((Hopefully earlier))

We’ll be checking into the NEW Planet Hollywood WESTGATE tower.

((The next 3 months I'm going to keep my eye out for a better deal on a Vegas hotel, so it's not 100% we'll be staying here.... I wanted to book it however because the prices keep going up on a daily basis))

After we've checked in and freshen up in our room, we'll walk over to Ceasars Palace. Once we arrive I will sign up for a players club card in hopes that we'll get some good coupons that we can use?

I’m sure we’ll be starving by this time and will need some dinner. For kid friendly options I’m either thinking Planet Hollywood or Serendipity 3?? Planet Hollywood in my opinion has some pretty good food, and the Cocktails are AMAZING. The “Legally Blonde” and “Terminator” are particularly YUM-YUM-YUMMY!!

But I was checking out the menu for Serendipity 3. Their food looks EXTREMELY fattening, but SUPER delicious. These items look particularly mouth watering.

Nachos

vodka ravioli

Onion Rings

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After dinner we'll walk around Ceasars palace for a little while and make our way to FAO Schwartz where we'll play around a little and let Reya use some of her money to buy something if she'd like.

After Dinner we'll cap our night off by watching the BEAUTIFUL fountains at the Bellagio.

When we arrive back to our room, Reya will notice another gift left by tinkerbell. ((TBD.. will let you know what I decide)) Then we'll settle in for the night for some MUCH needed sleep.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #43
DizNee Luver

They weren't kidding when they called Vegas....Sin City......lol The food looks sinful but oh so delicous!!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #44
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

You're making me hungry!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #45
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Keep the plans coming

Blogging about life and Disney
Live Well - Laugh Often - Run Disney

Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: