Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #16
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

That "Taste of Boardwalk" is just too whimsical and cute! I must leave room for dessert at FF.

Sounds like the drive was stressful. That's the part my DH hates the most - the 7 hour drive. Last time we made it in 6.5 hours, but if we encounter any traffic, it turns into more than 7. Plus, there were cops at Putnam Co., Adel, and Tifton.

Looking forward to the rest of the reviews!

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #17
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

One of our FAVORITE places and I love the counter!

My husband wants that dessert - I hope it's the same in a week or so!
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #18
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda Bear View Post
DD & I are eating at FF for the first time in September on our first night in DW - just texted her a picture of your cotton candy martini because I know that will be on her need to get list while we are there!. The dessert trio is already on my list - can't wait for that!!!!!!!! Great review!!
Oh you'll love Flying Fish. Its so good. The cotton candy martini is amazing, your wife will love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Glad your trip is off to such a yummy start. Can't wait for more on the sneak peek!
It was really a great yummy start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
That "Taste of Boardwalk" is just too whimsical and cute! I must leave room for dessert at FF.

Sounds like the drive was stressful. That's the part my DH hates the most - the 7 hour drive. Last time we made it in 6.5 hours, but if we encounter any traffic, it turns into more than 7. Plus, there were cops at Putnam Co., Adel, and Tifton.

Looking forward to the rest of the reviews!
I though the same thing even though I'm not the biggest fan of whoopie pies and cherry limeades the whole idea of the dessert just made me want to try it out! The drive was stressful more so because of the weather yesterday and the wrecks on the FL turnpike. I actually didn't see a huge amount of cops out on 75 but I was just following the traffic flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
One of our FAVORITE places and I love the counter!

My husband wants that dessert - I hope it's the same in a week or so!
This was my first time at their counter and I loved it, especially when dining alone. I hope that dessert is still there for you too!
Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #19
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Boardwalk Wanderings

As I finished my meal, my friend hadn't arrived yet so I decided to take a walk around the boardwalk to entertain myself.

First stop was Seashore Sweets:

Noticed some new candy that amused me.

I may end up buying it as it just reminds me of childhood.

I also noticed the creepy child chair looked touched up.

My friend arrived and we headed into Jellyrolls. We sat towards the back so that we could also talk and listen to the music at the same time.

I started feeling sleepy so I ordered a Red Bull & Vodka although it was more like a Rockstar & Vodka and not good at all, especially not for $10.

Next up was my standby bar drink of Jack & Coke and was made as I like it with more Jack than Coke.

The bar was a good time and I'm glad I went with a friend. I think I'll have my husband go with me in October and remember to bring some cash to tip them.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #21
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
That looks like the perfect meal, from drinks to dessert!
Thanks! It really was. I was so flipflopping what I was going to do Friday evening and I'm glad I made the perfect choice of what was available.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #22
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Saturday Morning Breakfast

Despite going to bed past 2AM, somehow my body woke up at 7:07AM and was like ok! lets do something!

I decided to head over to Hollywood Studios where they were having EMH so I could enjoy Star Tours and Toy Story Mania.

After my journey to Hoth and seeing JarJar, I needed some caffeine.

I walked to the
Writer's Shop
and picked up a mochaccino.

It was eh. I really don't enjoy Disney coffee products.

I headed to EPCOT when my stomach started to growl and I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to lunch.

I stopped by a pretzel stand and had a pretzel and cheese dip.

Where else but Disney would that be a great breakfast? About half of it was enough to tame the stomach growls and I was soon on my way to enjoying some EPCOT attractions.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #23
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Great start, we LOVE FF! That new dessert looks great!
Old 07-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #24
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

I hate that chair .. his name is Paul - it's written on the back of him!
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #25
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Great start, we LOVE FF! That new dessert looks great!
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
I hate that chair .. his name is Paul - it's written on the back of him!
I didn't look behind him. Maybe come October I'll be brave enough. It really is such a demented object for Disney to have in its hotel.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #26
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Le Cellier Lunch

This past Monday, I was talking with one of my friends that lives in the area. He's someone that I've known for the majority of my life and wanted to meet up while I was in the area. I looked at the dining reservation site to see whats available for 3 people (him, his fiance and me) and Le Cellier popped up with availability. Comparing with the other options open for lunch, it was an easy decision for where to meet up. I should also add that I forgot to take pictures but at least the dishes I got were the same as I've gotten before so I'll just reuse them.

We checked in and were shortly seated in the 'Alberta' section of the restuarant.

As we debated what to order, they brought out the bread. It has changed! But in a good way - rather than the long sticks of pretzel, sourdough and multigrain - they are now in a smaller roll form and in a basket. Makes it easier for having your own piece without tearing the stick apart.

I went for my standard - Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce

To be honest, I was a little nervous about having this again. During my May trip (that I didn't do a review of) I had this for lunch and it was super salty. I'm glad that today that wasn't the case at all! It was seasoned nicely and the filet was able to be cut with a fork. Luckily my risotto didn't have a ton of mushrooms in it that weren't able to be picked around easily.

My friend ended up trying the new Steak & Potato skillet and he really enjoyed it! It was just recently added to the menu and was a decent sized
portion for lunch. His fiance went with the gnocchi and enjoyed it also.

For dessert, I wasn't feeling like something heavy because of how bad the heat was. I went with Chocolate Moose

It was ok. I probably shouldn't have ordered it as it just didn't hit me right today. I had about a third and I was done. Sadly with the heat as it is, I just didn't feel like something sweet at the time.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #27
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

Glad to hear LeCellier wasn't as salty as it has been. Hopefully that's a new trend for them!!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #28
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Cool! Another trip! Thanks for posting the booklet! Can't wait to see what they served at the preview!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #29
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm...your reviews are making me so hungry right now! I'm trying hard to diet before I go to Disney next month so I won't have to diet so hard when I get back! Thanks for the review though, I'm loving them!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #30
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Joining in!

Glad to hear LeCellier wasn't as salty as it has been. Hopefully that's a new trend for them!!
Yeah, the salt was so bad last time and I recall a lot of reviews stating the same thing around that time. I'm glad they finally are toning it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Cool! Another trip! Thanks for posting the booklet! Can't wait to see what they served at the preview!
I'm glad you are enjoying the booklet. I hope to have the preview up tonight or tomorrow evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Mmmmm...your reviews are making me so hungry right now! I'm trying hard to diet before I go to Disney next month so I won't have to diet so hard when I get back! Thanks for the review though, I'm loving them!
This trip was such a good food trip. I'm glad it was so short so I didn't have too much! I find I don't gain weight at Disney thanks to walking so much and with the heat as bad as it was.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: