Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,365

Anyone have photos of POFQ that they can show me ?

We will be going to POFQ in Sept. and I would love to see any photos that you took on your stay there ?
__________________


maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
chefmb
DIS Veteran
 
chefmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 614

Have you looked on the official DisneyWorld website? They have good photos there. Also look on allears.net for photos and youtube videos. I also just discovered Andre's website last night--- portorleans.org

The refurbed rooms look beautiful!
__________________
Nothing planned now Waiting for the next deals to convince DH to go back
1996-Dolphin, 1999-offsite, 2003-CBR, 2007-2010-2013-POP, 2011-POFQ, 2012-BC, 2013-CBR, 2014-CSR
chefmb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmb View Post
Have you looked on the official DisneyWorld website? They have good photos there. Also look on allears.net for photos and youtube videos. I also just discovered Andre's website last night--- portorleans.org

The refurbed rooms look beautiful!
Yes I have seen them. I wanted to see more
__________________


maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,015

Me, me, me!

These are from last September.





Kiddie Pool:
















__________________
09/1995 First Trip EVER! Dixie Landings *** 09/1998 Senior trip at Contemporary *** 05/2000 Universal ***05/2001 Disneyland***
09/2010 POFQ ***09/2012 POR ***09/2014 Art of Animation
TandLMommy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
dzorn
DIS Addict
 
dzorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,678

http://allears.net/acc/pofqss.htm

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Port-Orleans-F/index.htm


Denise in MI
__________________
VWL January 2015, Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005



dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran
 
EvilQueenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 129 miles from cindy's castle
Posts: 819

this was the 1st week of december 2010 my sister in our room pofq

[IMG][/IMG]


christmas week 2008 lobby pofq


christmas week 2008 main walkway leading up to lobby pofq


starting to decorate our little christmas tree in our room using a princess and mardi gras theme idea so we matched being both at disney and at pofq
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28 View Post
Me, me, me!

These are from last September.





Kiddie Pool:
















Wow thank you very nice photos In this last photo is that the entrance to the food court, lobby or what and what are the buildings on each side ?
__________________



Last edited by maryj11; 07-03-2011 at 05:46 PM.
maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Wow thank you very nice photos In this last photo is that the entrance to the food court, lobby or what and what are the buildings on each side ?
Straight ahead through those doors is the lobby and the fountain.

To the left is the gift shop and to the right is the food court. They are all connected through the main lobby. Check in is over to the left right inside those doors and the buses are straight back outside and to the right... this view is with my back to the pool and the river. THe picture directly above it is the opposite view, with the food court to the left and the gift shop to the right and the pool straight ahead.
__________________
09/1995 First Trip EVER! Dixie Landings *** 09/1998 Senior trip at Contemporary *** 05/2000 Universal ***05/2001 Disneyland***
09/2010 POFQ ***09/2012 POR ***09/2014 Art of Animation
TandLMommy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #9
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,365

Wow thanks Dzorn, lots of good photos. I was wondering if they had signs for the walking path to POR. From the photos looks like it would be easy to find our way to POR.
__________________


maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #10
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28 View Post
Straight ahead through those doors is the lobby and the fountain.

To the left is the gift shop and to the right is the food court. They are all connected through the main lobby. Check in is over to the left right inside those doors and the buses are straight back outside and to the right... this view is with my back to the pool and the river. THe picture directly above it is the opposite view, with the food court to the left and the gift shop to the right and the pool straight ahead.
OOOO ok thanks for explaining, I didnt know if the buildings on the sides were rooms or not , no such luck of rooms being that close to the main building
__________________


maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #11
NMAmy
Can speak food in German
He seemed so normal when I met him
It's not like I'm getting any special sanitation type service
I'm old school-I like my cartoon rodents to be mice
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 15,250

I love to look at resort photos before a trip, too. Here's some from last March.

















Hope you have a great trip! We really enjoyed POFQ.
__________________

Last edited by NMAmy; 07-03-2011 at 08:25 PM.
NMAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #12
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAmy View Post
I love to look at resort photos before a trip, too. Here's some from last March.

















Hope you have a great trip! We really enjoyed POFQ.
Those are very pretty photos, the resort looks so peaceful Thank You ! What building did you stay in and did you like the location of your building ?
__________________


maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:51 AM   #13
NMAmy
Can speak food in German
He seemed so normal when I met him
It's not like I'm getting any special sanitation type service
I'm old school-I like my cartoon rodents to be mice
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 15,250

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Those are very pretty photos, the resort looks so peaceful Thank You ! What building did you stay in and did you like the location of your building ?
We were in Building 1 which was wonderful. I'd asked for a quiet area and we rarely saw anyone else even though it was during Spring Break season.

This is Building 1. The path in this photo leads straight to our rooms--the red and white doors on the first floor. I think it was 1147 and 1148. I loved having first floor rooms because we didn't have to mess with the stairs. The fountain in the other photo was our view. If we walked out of our room and turned right, the street took us to the path to the boat and to POR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAmy View Post
We usually stay in one of the Epcot deluxes or a villa but this trip, we tried POFQ because we needed two rooms. I was very pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and how quiet it was compared to the values. Our only disappointment was the location--we really missed being being close to Epcot and DS but, of course, we knew we'd spend more time travelling to parks before we arrived. We did eat at the restaurants in DTD than ever before due to the proximity.
__________________
NMAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #14
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAmy View Post
We were in Building 1 which was wonderful. I'd asked for a quiet area and we rarely saw anyone else even though it was during Spring Break season.

This is Building 1. The path in this photo leads straight to our rooms--the red and white doors on the first floor. I think it was 1147 and 1148. I loved having first floor rooms because we didn't have to mess with the stairs. The fountain in the other photo was our view. If we walked out of our room and turned right, the street took us to the path to the boat and to POR.



We usually stay in one of the Epcot deluxes or a villa but this trip, we tried POFQ because we needed two rooms. I was very pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and how quiet it was compared to the values. Our only disappointment was the location--we really missed being being close to Epcot and DS but, of course, we knew we'd spend more time travelling to parks before we arrived. We did eat at the restaurants in DTD than ever before due to the proximity.
Thanks for the information, I'm trying to figure out what building to request.
__________________


maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #15
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,861

The first few pages of this thread should be helpful, as well as the rest of the thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2650040

Also, check out www.portorleans.org for all you need to know!
__________________
snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.