Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
gonzo138
Mouseketeer

Tinkerbell in Magic Kingdom?

I had heard Tinkerbell was available in Epcot. However, we are only planning on going for 2 days (Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios). My daughter will be 3 1/2.

We were hoping to see Tinkerbell and the other fairies. Are they available?

ETA: We are not going until February of 2012.

Thanks!
Stacey (all new to this Disney thing!)

Last edited by gonzo138; 06-30-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Adding Date
gonzo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Not at the moment, but all of them should return at some point to MK. When are you going?
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
SaraMar1
Earning My Ears

Is Tinkerbell back now?
SaraMar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraMar1 View Post
Is Tinkerbell back now?
Tinkerbell has been at Epcot since at least the beginning of F&G.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
PHefner
Mouseketeer

We just got back a week ago and they are only at Epcot.

Jun '13 Offsite (Bonnet Creek), Jun '12 Offsite (Bonnet Creek), Nov '11 POFQ again! June '11 PORFQ, Nov '09 SSR , Aug '08 (Tropical Storm Fay) POR , Sept '07 CSR MNSSHP, Nov '06 Poly MVMCP, Aug '05 Poly , Aug '04 Poly First trip as family
PHefner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo138 View Post
I had heard Tinkerbell was available in Epcot. However, we are only planning on going for 2 days (Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios). My daughter will be 3 1/2.

We were hoping to see Tinkerbell and the other fairies. Are they available?

Thanks!
Stacey (all new to this Disney thing!)
There are no actual fairies at MK for meet and greet, but there are two things that you can do that may meet your needs if making it over to EPCOT is a non-starter:

1. Tink ushers in Wishes every night, riding a zip line down from the top of the castle while lit up with green lights. She also rides one of the floats in the nightly parade.

2. The Photopass photographers on main street will take a "magic" shot for you in front of the castle where you hold your hands out and they add her to the shot after the fact. Just make sure you ask one that doesn't have a tripod.

Not the same, I know, but it may be better than no fairies at all!

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015)
DLR (July 2014) - DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtoastyman View Post
Tink ushers in Wishes every night, riding a zip line down from the top of the castle while lit up with green lights. She also rides one of the floats in the nightly parade.
That's good advice, but to be clear:

Tink does not "usher in" Wishes (as she used to do for the former MK fireworks.)

Her cue to appear at the castle doesn't happen until a full 2 minutes deep into the show,
quite awhile after many fireworks have gone up and the "story" has begun.

(Didn't want guests to think she was not going to perform if the show started without her.)

Along those lines, the Wishes show is designed so that if there is a technical or weather problem, the show can run right on without Tink needing to perform.
(If you didn't know that she was "supposed" to be there, you wouldn't know otherwise.)
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
gonzo138
Mouseketeer

We are going in February.

Would Epcot be fun for my 3 year old? She could see Tinkerbell and I heard there was a Character meal there with Princesses. Would this be different enough from the Cinderella meal to warrant going to Epcot instead of HS?

Can you tell I get easily confused on this Disney World Stuff?!?!

And I must admit: I don't know what Wishes is. I am assuming a show - will look it up.

Thanks for the ideas!

Last edited by gonzo138; 06-30-2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: ETA: Additional Question
Old 06-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #9
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:

1- Would Epcot be fun for my 3 year old?

2- She could see Tinkerbell and

3- I heard there was a Character meal there with Princesses.

4- Would this be different enough from the Cinderella meal to warrant going to Epcot instead of HS?

5- I don't know what Wishes is. I am assuming a show - will look it up.
1- There are attractions suitable (and entertaining) for all ages at all of the WDW theme parks.
That includes DHS, DAK and Epcot, in no particular order.
2- That's assuming that Tink will still be there in Feb.
3- Yes. Disney Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Restaurant in Norway.
4- Many guests attend both.
5- Wishes is the Magic Kingdom fireworks show.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #10
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Would Epcot be fun for my 3 year old? She could see Tinkerbell and I heard there was a Character meal there with Princesses. Would this be different enough from the Cinderella meal to warrant going to Epcot instead of HS?

And I must admit: I don't know what Wishes is. I am assuming a show - will look it up.

Thanks for the ideas!
Wishes is the nightly MK fireworks show.

The princess meal in Epcot is in Norway. Belle is usually the greeting princess, the one your souvenir photo package is with (not 100% guaranteed). 4 other princesses will tour the dining room.

Cinderellal's Royal Table in in the castle in the MK. Cindy is always the greeting princess for the souvenir photo. 4 other princesses will tour the room.

If you have a princess fan, it honestly doesn't get much better than eating IN the castle. The meals have different food, but are both structured the same. Regardless, we still like to do both each trip. Many choose one or the other.

Tink should be in her new home in Adventureland in the MK by the time you get there next February. She should have some rotating fairy friends back with her then too.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #11
jrtoastyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
That's good advice, but to be clear:

Tink does not "usher in" Wishes (as she used to do for the former MK fireworks.)

Her cue to appear at the castle doesn't happen until a full 2 minutes deep into the show,
quite awhile after many fireworks have gone up and the "story" has begun.

(Didn't want guests to think she was not going to perform if the show started without her.)
A fair point, I just meant that there's an opportunity to see Tink (or at least to be able to point to a blob of green light and say, "Look honey, Tinkerbell!") at the start of Wishes. Appreciate the clarification, though...

Owner since June 2011

DLR (July 2014) - DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
Old 06-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #12
PHefner
Mouseketeer

Tons to do at Epcot! I'd skip the princess dinner in Norway and eat somewhere else (since you're doing the Castle dinner already). There are soooo many other wonderful places to choose from. If you still want to see the princesses they can easily be found all over the World Showcase!!

Jun '13 Offsite (Bonnet Creek), Jun '12 Offsite (Bonnet Creek), Nov '11 POFQ again! June '11 PORFQ, Nov '09 SSR , Aug '08 (Tropical Storm Fay) POR , Sept '07 CSR MNSSHP, Nov '06 Poly MVMCP, Aug '05 Poly , Aug '04 Poly First trip as family
PHefner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #13
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for the ideas!
My DD (5) adored Epcot at age 3. We made 2 trips when she was that age, and both times we spent 2 days at Epcot. (She also adored it at age 2 and 4). She much preferred Epcot to HS.

I may be wrong, but I get the feeling you don't quite know how huge WDW is, or how much an under 5 year old will slow you down while you are there (especially if she is interested in meeting all the characters which is a real time drain). If you only have 2 days, you might want to consider just spending both days at MK and saving the other parks for another trip. If you decide to do 2 different parks, I would definitely recommend MK and Epcot, especially if your daughter is a big fan of Tinkerbell. I would also recommend that you keep an eye on these boards in terms of Tinkerbell as I don't think that Epcot is intended to be her permanent spot leaving the possibility that she might switch parks before your trip (I've heard the Adventureland Veranda at MK- I've heard DHS- and I've heard she will stay in Epcot until the Fantasyland expansion in completed and then it will be figured out-- so there is no telling!).

DD always wants to go to CRT (Cinderella's castle) and Akershus. Personally, I would prefer to just stick with the castle. You will more than likely meet the same princesses at Akershus with the difference being that at CRT your package picture is with Cinderella ( Belle who more often than not will be there during your meal, wears her blue dress), while at Akershus your package picture is with Belle in her yellow dress. My DD would tell you to take your daughter to eat at Biergarten in Epcot. She ranks it up there with the Princess meals. They have a German band that puts on a show and a dance floor where the kids can get out and dance during the show.

Last edited by ktlm; 06-30-2011 at 04:12 PM.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #14
jrtoastyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
If you decide to do 2 different parks, I would definitely recommend MK and Epcot, especially if your daughter is a big fan of Tinkerbell.
I would second that. Unless there's something specific at HS that you're wanting to do, I think you'll find that there's not as much for a 3.5 year old to do at HS as compared to, well, anywhere else.

Owner since June 2011

Old 06-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #15
gonzo138
Mouseketeer

This is soo helpful.

We were only going to HS due to a suggestion form a friend.

There is so much info out there- yet much of it has added to my confusion.

I am totally open to what parks to go to and how long to stay.

It is Husband, Mother-in-law, Daughter 3 1/2, DS 10 months and me. We are going in February. We thought 2 days would be enough for our kids due to their ages. We want it to be enjoyable and know we will not see it all.

My daughter loves princesses and tinkerbell. She doesn't really know Pooh or Mickey all that well. We are open to what parks to do. Any suggestions on things we shouldn't miss - rides, shows, meals, locations, etc are welcome.

Thanks again ~
Stacey (totally new to this Disney thing!!)

Tags
pixie hollow, tinkerbell

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: