Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #91
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Just got caught up. Great updates. This TR sure makes me want to stay at Wilderness Lodge! That's awesome that you are going in November. Our trip in November last year was the best weather of any we took! And the Christmas Party is a lot of fun! Oh, and Pop is great for sleeping!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 10-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #92
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Great update! Did you think the dessert party was worth the money? I am contemplating doing it next year - if they have it on, of course..!!
I love desserts, and I would love the view of the fireworks!

Thanks!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #93
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Great update!!!! Do you recall how much the Dessert Party was? I'm looking to possibly booking it in Dec but can't seem to find a price on it!

I love all of your buys..You know I collect those Precious Moments!!! I think I have around 10-15..crazy right?!

3 weeks till your trip!!!! Wooooo!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #94
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great update! I loved the Dessert party when we did it last year, and my favorite thing was the creme brulee in the little cups! Isn't that castle show amazing?? I saw it for the first time on this recent trip and I really, really loved it!
I love the castle show, it was so great! I love the dessert party, wasn't able to get a ressie this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Just got caught up. Great updates. This TR sure makes me want to stay at Wilderness Lodge! That's awesome that you are going in November. Our trip in November last year was the best weather of any we took! And the Christmas Party is a lot of fun! Oh, and Pop is great for sleeping!
Hi MN Friend! I am glad you said the weather was good that time of year! One year we went at the end of November/first week of December and it was cold at night! Hoping mid November is just right Hoping POP is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjd0411 View Post
Great update! Did you think the dessert party was worth the money? I am contemplating doing it next year - if they have it on, of course..!!
I love desserts, and I would love the view of the fireworks!

Thanks!
The dessert party is so worth the money. Just the view alone and not having to worry about people standing in front of you. I wish the would post a schedule for the dessert party, I hate not knowing if it is even being offered when we are there or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Great update!!!! Do you recall how much the Dessert Party was? I'm looking to possibly booking it in Dec but can't seem to find a price on it!

I love all of your buys..You know I collect those Precious Moments!!! I think I have around 10-15..crazy right?!

3 weeks till your trip!!!! Wooooo!!!
Thanks! I just checked my bank statement and the price for two of us was $46.84. I think it was worth it. The dessert was great, we had our own table and a great view of the castle. I felt special with my green wrist band and "private" show.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Old 10-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #95
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

PTR Day 1 plans

Sunday Nov. 13th
Our flight leaves this morning at 7:10 AM CST and we will get to Orlando at about 11:30 EST. We live about 35 minutes from the airport so we will probably leave my car at my work which is about 15 minutes from the airport and take a cab over. Once we arrive in Orlando we will board the ME to

I requested a perfered room.

If our room is ready we will unpack and relax a bit, if it isn't we will head straight to

We have an ADR at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at 2:50. Hoping to ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster for the first time before our meal and maybe snag a fast past to Toy Story Mania if there are any left.

After lunch we will head back to POP and look around the resort and then maybe eat dinner there. We will head back to Hollywood Studios as they have EMH until 11pm! I also think the Osborne Family Lights will be going on so we will check that out for the first time!

This first day is indeed a day of firsts. This will be the first time we will visit a park on the day we arrive, the first time eating at Sci-Fi, first time riding Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and first time seeing the Osborne Family Lights.

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011

Old 10-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #96
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Day 2 plans

Two weeks!

Monday Nov. 14

We will start our morning at Magic Kingdom. I will have to make a stop at the Main Street Bakery for something great for breakfast. The rides to hit will be Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pooh, Haunted Mansion and Mickey's PhilharMagic to name a few. I am open to suggestions for lunch. I was thinking of the Columbia Harbour House since we have never eaten there.

We will then journey back to POP and take our daily nap and return to the Magic Kingdom that night for extra magic hours until 11 PM! We have an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern for 8:30. I am hoping to get in earlier, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Up next, finishing of the May/ June trip report in 1-2 updates.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #97
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Great plans so far!!!!! Maybe I can meet you at DHS on the day you arrive and see the lights!! I plan on going as much as possible now that I'm living here!!!

Columbia HH is a great choice! They have changed their menu a bit but it's still really great and has a bunch of new options which I love! Pecos Bills is my 2nd favorite!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #98
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

You are going to LOVE the Osborne Lights, they are so much fun! And wait until you see the castle, all lit up...amazing!!!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #99
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
You have a very good point about how much time is actually spent in the room. I think I am going to stick with POP! I want to go to Disneyland some day. Were you there for a whole week or just a few days?
Woo-Hoo on your POP choice!!!

We spent 4 days at Disneyland, it's usually MORE than enough time but the dates we were there (Columbus Day weekend and someone else told us it was Canadian Thanksgiving), it was soooo crowded that there were some things on our list that we never accomplished. Who knew that Columbus Day weekend is one of the top dates to avoid Disneyland!!!!!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #100
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Great plans so far!!!!! Maybe I can meet you at DHS on the day you arrive and see the lights!! I plan on going as much as possible now that I'm living here!!!

Columbia HH is a great choice! They have changed their menu a bit but it's still really great and has a bunch of new options which I love! Pecos Bills is my 2nd favorite!!!
That would be very awesome to meet you for the lights at DHS on that Sunday! It would be my first Dis meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
You are going to LOVE the Osborne Lights, they are so much fun! And wait until you see the castle, all lit up...amazing!!!
I am so excited!!! I will have to make myself stay awake and cranky free. I am pretty sure I will have to be awake at 3:30 that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Woo-Hoo on your POP choice!!!

We spent 4 days at Disneyland, it's usually MORE than enough time but the dates we were there (Columbus Day weekend and someone else told us it was Canadian Thanksgiving), it was soooo crowded that there were some things on our list that we never accomplished. Who knew that Columbus Day weekend is one of the top dates to avoid Disneyland!!!!!
I would love to go to Disneyland. I have been trying to think of what else to do in CA to make it a weeks vacation. I figured 2 days at a Disneyland resort would be good and then maybe 3 or 4 night somewhere at a beachy hotel, just don't know CA too well to know where to go. I will check all international calanders before booking a trip to DL.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #101
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

We started this morning at Epcot. Kyle ran to get fast passes for Soarin and I walked around Mouse Gears. I just love these scares!

I was very tempted to buy this oneÖbut didnít.

When Kyle found me he was relieved to see that I didnít spend any money. We decided to head over to Test Track. We hopped in the standby line and realized we were at a stand-still. After waiting 10 minutes we moved maybe 5 feet. Behind us were a group of 12 year old boys who kept jumping on and off the railings. One was eating a baggie of Cherrios and spilling it on the ground. After another 5 minutes and maybe 10 more feet, the boys left the line mentioning something about jumping in the single rider line. About a minute later an announcement was made that something was down. The funny thing was, it wasnít a very professional announcement. The CM said something like ďAs you can tell, you arenít moving.Ē Very strange. We left through those exit doors that are near the entrance and tried to figure out what next. We ended up going to check out the Sum of all Thrills and quickly realized we would not be doing that. We decided to do that Waste Management thing.

Our team name was The Dominators! It was the best I could come up with, I felt pressured to come up with something quick.

As you can see, our team name fit!

It was fun, but I probably wouldnít do it again unless we had other people with us.

We had a lunch ADR at Coral Reef, but still had sometime to kill. We purchased a couple of snacks and waited.

There was a squirrel hanging around the bench that Kyle kept pretending to talk to. The squirrel seriously tried to come at me from the back of the bench and I blamed Kyle for provoking him.

A short while later we decided to head in and check in. The restaurant had just opened and the waiting room was full. We waited patiently but the older couple next to me sure didnít. They were mad that they were seated immediately. The wife made the husband go to the front desk to see why they werenít being seated. The host advised they just opened and everyone would be seated shortly. She continued to complain as other people who had checked in after her were seated before they were.

After only waiting maybe 10 minutes we were seated (before the older couple). We didnít get a table in front of the tank. I was disappointed, but didnít want to bug anyone to get a better table. As soon as we sat down, the couple from the lobby were seated near us, but guess what? The wife complained and they were moved to a table against the tank. Oh well.
My pictures turned out horrible, but here goes.

We ordered a couple of cokes and the Appetizer for two - Crab cakes with tropical fruit salad and Tequila Aioli. Crispy fried shrimp with jicama slaw and spiced remoulade and a taste of our creamy Lobster Soup.

Very good! Wish it was more soup though.
For my entrťe I ordered Seared Rainbow Trout - With warm salad of white beans, Arugula, tomatoes,Crispy bacon, aged Balsamic vinegar and brown butter.

Yummy! Is all I can say.

Kyle ordered salmon, but the description on the menu doesnít match what he got. He said it was just OK.

I would go back, but Kyle wasnít impressed.

It was our fast pass time for Soarin so we headed that way. Even though we had fast passes, we still waited 20 minutes. I cannot lie, I chickened out again. Kyle enjoyed his ride though. One of these days I will ride it. I just really hate heights and the fact that my feet will be dangling, no thanks. At least not at this time.

We headed back to WL for a little bit of rest because we were heading to MK that night.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #102
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

I would love to go to Disneyland. I have been trying to think of what else to do in CA to make it a weeks vacation. I figured 2 days at a Disneyland resort would be good and then maybe 3 or 4 night somewhere at a beachy hotel, just don't know CA too well to know where to go. I will check all international calanders before booking a trip to DL. [/QUOTE]

Too funny!!!

If possible, 3 days at the parks would be perfect! San Diego has beautiful beaches and fun activities as well (zoo & shamoo)!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
Old 11-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #103
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
I would love to go to Disneyland. I have been trying to think of what else to do in CA to make it a weeks vacation. I figured 2 days at a Disneyland resort would be good and then maybe 3 or 4 night somewhere at a beachy hotel, just don't know CA too well to know where to go. I will check all international calanders before booking a trip to DL.
Too funny!!!

If possible, 3 days at the parks would be perfect! San Diego has beautiful beaches and fun activities as well (zoo & shamoo)!
[/QUOTE]

I will have to keep San Diego in mind! But, who knows when this trip will happen. Accoding to my husband, this upcoming trip will be the last for quite awhile.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #104
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Day 3 plans!

Happy Sunday Disers!

This time next week I will be in the "World"! We will be finishing up a late lunch at Sci-Fi.

Now on to day 3 plans.

Tuesday, 11/15

We will start the morning at Epcot. Kyle will be running to get a fast pass for Soarin' I am sure...I will probably chicken out again I will be heading to Test Track since we missed out on it on the last trip. We will then probably go on Mission Space and then head over to Club Cool! We have a 12:05 ADR at Rose and Crown. After lunch we will head out of the park and make a stop at Spaceship Earth. We'll head back to the resort to relax and get ready for the Christmas Party! We will head over there about 4ish, hoping to get in early. This will be our first Christmas Party, so I am not sure what to expect.

Up next - Last installment of the May/June Trip Report

Old 11-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #105
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update! I always think about trying Coral Reef but I always read horrible reviews, so I've stayed away! It's so pretty inside!

Yay for being in Disney next week! You HAVE to go on Soarin!!! There is nothing scary about it, there's no chance of falling out, you are strapped in!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: