Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #76
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
on having another trip planned!!! Pop is soo much fun - we have just got back from a stay here and loved it!!

I LOVED Epcot and Illuminations - seeing your pics is making me wish I was still there.

Oh no on going to watch O Canada whilst being tired. It sure is a shame it doesn't have seats but like you said it's a pretty good show.
I am glad you love POP! I am looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitches of laughter View Post
love! the title. my mom and i would ALWAYS get asked "why are you going AGAIN?!" our answer: because it's our laughin place.

i'm staying at POP for the second time this november. you will like it
Regarding always getting asked about going to Disney again. It's my vacation (and money) I can do what I want with it right?

When are you going in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Yay for another trip in the works! I bet November will be nice, because the weather will be cool and all the Christmas decorations will have started popping up.

Resort hopping is so much fun, and I agree with you, the Contemporary does look a little cold.
I am hoping with nice cool evenings in November. May was really hot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
sounds like a great afternoon for a little resort hopping!
It was nice not to have a real agenda. Plus taking the monorail every where was cool. Only at Disney can you use so many modes of transportaion in one trip.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Old 10-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #77
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

After a little rest we got ready to head to the Magic Kingdom.

I believe we took the boat over, but I am not exactly sure. Again, I need to take better notes on my next trip.

Our first stop was the Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade. I have always wanted to try this and since there were only a couple of other people playing I jumped at the chance.

OK, so that was something new, not something great, but something new. One more new thing we accomplished on this trip.

Up next was POTC. The wait wasn’t too long and it was an enjoyable trip as always.

We decided to go another boat cruise, the Jungle Cruise!

The posted wait time was 20 minutes which really isn’t long at all. But let me tell you, this was a complete lie. My assumption is as soon as we got in line the time must have jumped to 45 minutes. It was hot, it was miserable. People who were alongside us the whole time were eating turkey legs and it just looked gross. I have nothing against the turkey legs. In fact I have considered purchasing one a time or two. But it was hot and they were greasy and I was afraid the family would accidently touch me while we waited in line. They didn’t of course and I believe the father of the family collected the eaten turkey legs and disposed them before they loaded their boat.

Us hot and sad for our long wait.

When we were able to finally board, I was of course relived, but I barely remember the cruise because I had had enough of the heat.

We started to head toward The Plaza Restaurant for our dinner ADR. We checked in and were told it wouldn’t be a long wait. Kyle ran to the restroom and I got bored and took a couple of photos while I waited.

Kyle was back and we were called a few minutes later to be seated.

I ordered the Cheese Steak Sandwich with french fries.

Kyle ordered the Plaza Club Sandwich.

We both ordered shakes. Mine strawberry and Kyle’s appears to be Oreo, but I don’t see it listed on the menu.

This was our first time eating at this restaurant and I really enjoyed it! I would definitely go back.

After our nice dinner at The Plaza we decided to head over to Space Mountain! I had only ridden this attraction once when I was at WDW for a High School trip, so I didn’t remember much about it. We got in line and ended up leaving the attraction when we were pretty close to loading. Kyle got a little worried about the seating and didn’t feel comfortable. I am not a big coaster person anyway so I didn’t mind leaving. Ah, perhaps next trip.

We decided to take a relaxing after dinner ride on the People Mover. A little blurry, but we spotted these guys from up above.

We decided to go in for a closer look after our enjoyable ride.

We were pooped and decided to call it a night.

After getting back to Wilderness Lodge we relaxed in the room for a little while and finished the evening getting a drink at Territory Lounge.

Up next, my first ever really bad trip to Hollywood Studios.

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #78
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

The plaza looks soooo good! I'm going to have to try that soon. You can typically get an ADR for there!!! Can't believe you are coming back so soon! Any decisions on resort yet?
Old 10-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #79
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
The plaza looks soooo good! I'm going to have to try that soon. You can typically get an ADR for there!!! Can't believe you are coming back so soon! Any decisions on resort yet?
I can't believe we are coming back so soon either We can be very spur of the moment type people. But honestly, this will be the last trip for awhile. We have some house stuff we need to get done next summer so we will be saving money for that. The earliest we will be back is Dec 2012 if not March 2013. That trip will be off site at a condo. We have been thinking about moving to Florida for a couple of years now so that trip will be a central Florida trip to get to know the area and see if it is for us. I am very much looking forward to it.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #80
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

I thought about doing a pre-trip report but since I am less than a month away I thought I would just add it to this trip report!

What: It is a “I need to use a week’s vacation before the end of the year so I don’t lose it” trip. Well that’s what Kyle told me and I said, How about Disney? Which he replied,” I knew you would say that.” Well I realized they had free dining so I my first goal was to look at those dates and make sure we both could get those dates off.

When: Sunday, November 13 through Friday, November 18. We are flying Delta and out flight leaves at 7:05 am and arrives around 11 am Florida time. I originally wanted to leave on Saturday but none of the flights I found had two seats together so we decided on Sunday. Good thing actually because I was able to get free dining for the 5 days and had we gone Saturday, that day would have been out of pocket.

Where: POP! We have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside a couple of time and at Wilderness Lodge this past trip. Kyle wanted to do a deluxe again, but it was just too much money. I wanted to stay at POR French Quarter, but I wasn’t able to find any openings so we went with POP! I am hoping I love it. I kind almost want to call Disney and see if anything for French Quarter has opened up…. If anyone has stayed at both, let me know what you think.
I have some ADRs figured out and will post the day by day plans shortly.

Now on to the trip report!

This morning we were headed to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Star Tours had just recently reopened so I figured this would be the first stop for everyone. This is where I made that horrible mistake. We decided to grab fast passes for Star Tours and then run over to Toy Story Mania. We got our fast pass quickly and ran over to Toy Story Mania and came upon this.

The stand by line was huge and the fast pass line was huge. I was not prepared for the crowd. We had ridden this attraction several times on our last couple of trips, but never experienced crowds like this. We decided that neither of us wanted the hassle and sadly walked away. TSM is my favorite ride at Hollywood studio and I was bummed we wouldn’t be enjoying it on this trip.

As you can see the Streets of America was empty as everyone was at TSM!

We decided to go on the Great Movie Ride. We ended up getting the Cowboy scene. This isn’t one of my favorite attractions, but it is always enjoyable.

We then headed over to Muppet Vision 3D.

It was our fast pass time for Star Tours!

I loved it! So much better than how it was before. When our travels had come to an end we hoped right back in line and were on in less than 5 minutes. I really can’t believe how empty the line was for this attraction especially since it just had reopened.

We were a little hungry at this point so we decided to give this place a try.

We both got the same thing. I am sorry to say but this had to be the blandest hot dog I have ever had. Neither of us finished our meal and ended up throwing it away.

We headed over to the Magic of Disney Animation. This was a little confusing as they had two lines going. One was for the tour and the other was for if you just wanted to get in line to take pictures with characters and do the drawing class. We were in the tour line by accident for a little while and then hopped over to the other line and walked right in. I wanted to take the drawing class but we missed getting in by about 5 minutes. They already had enough people for the next class and they have those roped off in front of the doors. So it would be an hour before we could get it. I really didn’t want to stand in line for an hour so we both made the decision to leave.
I was pretty DHS’d out by this point. We decided to head over to Epcot for a little bit before returning to our hotel. We decided to take the boat from Hollywood Studios to Epcot. This was very enjoyable, but not the quickest form of transportation. It did give us the opportunity to see some of the hotels we hadn’t seen in person, even if it was just from the boat.

We were hungry for lunch as we had thrown our other lunch away. We decided to take a chance by stopping at Rose and Crown to see if they had any tables available. They did! We were seated outside which was fine even if it was a little hot.

I decided on two items from the appetizer portion of the menu for my meal. I ordered Pan Roasted Mussels with tomatoes, herbs, and Bass Ale reduction and the Potato and Leek Soup.

Both were great but the soup was the best! I have been dreaming about this soup since this day. We have a lunch ADR here for next month and even though an appetizer is not part of the dinning plan we are on I might have to spend out of pocket and get this soup.

Kyle ordered a burger that had a fried egg on top. I can’t find it on their menu now but I think it also had those fried onion strings as well.

We wanted to hit a couple of attractions we have not done in the past. First up was Journey into Imagination.

It was different. It seemed short. I am glad we tried it, but probably won’t be back.

Next was Captain EO. I was actually looking forward to seeing this as I love everything 80s.

I thought the video about the behind the scenes stuff was a little long, but cool to watch. I wish they would have showed that in the theater. Overall it was cool to see, but I miss Honey I Shrunk the Audience! I am hoping they bring it back.

We took the bus back to Wilderness Lodge and rested for our night at the Magic Kingdom.

Up next, Wishes Desert Party!

Old 10-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #81
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Joining the party a little late, but I am enjoying your report very much! I love your room at WL - shame about the noise during the day though.
Lucky you to be able to go again next month - I dream of being able to do that!!! It's a bit too far for me...!!!
Looking forward to hearing more - thanks for sharing your vacation!

Old 10-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #82
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Great update!

We have stayed at both POR and POP, they are both great! We really spend no time in the room so prior to buying into DVC, we would always just look for the best deal. It seems you really just pay for the lobby, the more you pay, the nicer the lobby!!!! I did really enjoy POP's food/restaurant area (great for the kids).

Wow, it seems you had crazy crowds during this trip! We just got back from a Halloween trip to Disneyland and we also experienced CRAZY lines.

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
Old 10-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #83
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjd0411 View Post
Joining the party a little late, but I am enjoying your report very much! I love your room at WL - shame about the noise during the day though.
Lucky you to be able to go again next month - I dream of being able to do that!!! It's a bit too far for me...!!!
Looking forward to hearing more - thanks for sharing your vacation!
I loved the room, super cute. I am very excited to go again! Yes you are far, but you are in Australia! How awesome. I am stuck in Minnesota all year where winter seems to last for 6 months and when summer does come it is hot and humid.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #84
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Great update!

We have stayed at both POR and POP, they are both great! We really spend no time in the room so prior to buying into DVC, we would always just look for the best deal. It seems you really just pay for the lobby, the more you pay, the nicer the lobby!!!! I did really enjoy POP's food/restaurant area (great for the kids).

Wow, it seems you had crazy crowds during this trip! We just got back from a Halloween trip to Disneyland and we also experienced CRAZY lines.
You have a very good point about how much time is actually spent in the room. I think I am going to stick with POP! I want to go to Disneyland some day. Were you there for a whole week or just a few days?

Old 10-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #85
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Happy Tuesday Dis Friends! I thought I would share some photos regarding the November trip.

A few weeks ago I went shopping at TJ Maxx and found these two Precious Moments. I don't usually collect these but I could not resist.

Last week I ordered this shirt for kyle from Old Navy.

Today these shirts came for me from the Disney Store. They were 2 for $28 and I got free shipping.

Lastly, here is the Mickey mail I received over the past week. ME, Welcome booklet & luggage tags, and our Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets!

Old 10-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #86
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great updates, don't know how I missed them!

Ugh, you guys look miserable waiting in line for the Jungle Cruise! I don't do well with the heat, either!

Isn't the whole TSM thing totally out of hand? I wish everyone would just get over it. When can it become just a normal, popular ride? I mean, it's a lot of fun, but there's no way I'm waiting an hour or more for it. I wish the Disney guidebooks would stop telling people to run over there first thing.

Ugh, your lunch at DHS looks terrible. I don't blame you for going to Epcot to eat somewhere good!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-20-2011, 07:17 AM   #87
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Don't you just love getting mail from Mickey? It makes the trip seem so real and close when the snail mail arrives.

I love the Precious Moments you got a TJ Maxx. I think a quick trip to my store is in order. I get a new figurine every trip.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #88
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great updates, don't know how I missed them!

Ugh, you guys look miserable waiting in line for the Jungle Cruise! I don't do well with the heat, either!

Isn't the whole TSM thing totally out of hand? I wish everyone would just get over it. When can it become just a normal, popular ride? I mean, it's a lot of fun, but there's no way I'm waiting an hour or more for it. I wish the Disney guidebooks would stop telling people to run over there first thing.

Ugh, your lunch at DHS looks terrible. I don't blame you for going to Epcot to eat somewhere good!
Hey! Welcome back! I was very disapointed with Jungle Cruise that day. If I knew it was going to be such a long wait in that heat I would have been on one of my favorite rides instead.

TSM is so out of hand, makes me sad that it still such a big deal. Hoping next year when new things open in MK it will die down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Don't you just love getting mail from Mickey? It makes the trip seem so real and close when the snail mail arrives.

I love the Precious Moments you got a TJ Maxx. I think a quick trip to my store is in order. I get a new figurine every trip.
I love getting mail in general (except for bills) but especially anything Disney!
HAHA, Love that I encouraged shopping for you. I need to go back and see if they have anymore. They are way more affordable at TJ Maxx than anything I have found at a Disney store and online.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #89
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

After our daily nap/TV time we decided to get a small dinner from Roaring Forks before heading over to the Magic Kingdom. We were going to the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party tonight! I have heard so many wonderful things about the dessert party that I was completely shocked and overjoyed when I was able to get a reservation. I think I was trying for a period of two weeks straight when one slot opened up. Since we knew that our actual “dinner” would consist of desserts we decided to each order the kids burger. After our light meal we decided to head to the bus stop.

The bus stop for MK was pretty empty. It consisted of us and two parents and their son. We waited about 10-15 minutes for the bus and then we were on our way. We had some time before we needed to check in so we just walked around to pass the time.

Yummy! Someday I will buy one of each color and enjoy them at home to remind me of the parks.

Rice Krispie bars are my favorite all time treat. During my college days, in my dorm cafeteria it was the running joke with all my friends that rice krispie treats were the only dessert I would ever get. I can’t remember how much these were, but I think I may purchase one this November.

So we started to head to the Tomorrowland Terrace and I could see people lining up. Well, when I see a line, I feel like I need to join it, even though we were there about 30 minutes earlier than we should have been.

We waited and waited, but I didn’t complain, I was too excited to complain! In line a little ways in front of us was the family from the bus stop! We ended up talking to them while watching the fireworks. They were from Kentucky and would be driving back the next day. I kind of wished we lived close enough to drive. I think it would allow me to sneak in more Disney time rather than getting to the airport so early. Oh well, what can you do.
After waiting awhile a CM came around and checked our name off a list and gave us these pretty cool wrist bands. OK, they weren’t really cool, but they meant I get to go in soon!

We waited another 15 minutes and then were lead in one family at a time. Our table was right next to the desserts, which was good and bad. Good because I had close access, but bad, because this meant multiple trip temptations. This is where I become a bad Disser. Because we were so close to the food, I felt weird taking photos of it because people were always in line getting stuff, but I did get one photo plus one picture of our plates.

We both got raspberry lemonade which was delicious and thirst quenching after standing in line for so long. The crème brulee in the little white coffee mug was delicious! I know love crème brulee. The little round cup with the white goodness on top was a mini cheesecake which was excellent. Kyle doesn’t even like cheesecake, but he ended up eating two of those!

View from our table.

When the show was about to begin everyone got up from their table and walked over to the railing. This is where I learned my camera is very bad with night time photos, but here they are anyway.

My favorite!

It was beautiful and I was teary eyed.

There was a little chaos exiting the park so we ducked into a couple of more stores. Sorry, no pictures. Coolest thing I saw was a glass blower. I had no idea that was even happening in MK. I am stopping by again. If I weren’t so afraid of breakage in the suit case I would love to buy a piece from that store.

We easily got on a bus and were soon back to WL for a great nights rest.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #90
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update! I loved the Dessert party when we did it last year, and my favorite thing was the creme brulee in the little cups! Isn't that castle show amazing?? I saw it for the first time on this recent trip and I really, really loved it!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: