Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #61
amazingact21
Upendi

I love Philharmagic, as well! It's such a well-done show, and I agree that there should be more like it.
Did you enjoy Peter Pan's Flight the second time around? I've never been on it before, so I'm curious to see what other people think.
I can't believe that family almost trmapled that poor CM. I would've wanted to tell them, "The rides aren't going anywhere."
can't wait to hear where your ADR was!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #62
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Great pics of the MK opening ceremony - am hoping to get to watch it but not being a morning person we shall see if it happens.

Also can't wait to try Philharmagic. Looking forward to seeing where the wonderful ADR took place!
I think you need to try to make opening at least once. We try to make it once a trip which I think is plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher1717 View Post
SOunds like you're having a great time so far. I have always wanted to stay at the wilderness lodge. Maybe one day...
I hope you do get to stay one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyluvsdisney View Post
I'm enjoying your trip report. I moved to SW Florida a little over a year ago and the water here is terrible. I wouldn't let my dog drink it! The Wilderness Lodge looks beautiful. I'm hoping to stay there in Dec. for a weekend and go to MNSSHP..looking forward to the rest of your TR!
I hope to be a resident one day but may have to invest in a Brita Water Filter thing. Glad you are enjoying the TR! I would love to go to MNSSHP some day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I love the opening ceremony at MK! I'm kind of sad that I probably won't see the "Let the Memories begin" decorations outside of MK, I'm assuming when I go, it will all be replaced by Halloween stuff. I'm sure I'll get over it, though!

I love Peter Pan's Flight, but the line is always so long, I can't believe it's still so popular!

I think it's really strange that some lands in MK aren't open for EMH! I'm not sure if I've ever been to am EMH at MK, so I didn't even know that!

OMG I love Philharmagic! One of my favorites!
The Halloween decorations are great though, I am sure you will get over it

Peter Pan's Flight is cute, but not standing in line for an hour cute.

I wish all the lands were open for EMH. Would be great to ride BTMR over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCat View Post
We were planning on taking empty water bottles to the park to fill up, is that not a good idea?

I'm with you on the ADR's I've made them for every day because I know by the end of the day if I'm tired, hungry, and God forbid hot too I will be in the worst mood ever.

WL is the one place I've just loved from the minute I saw the pictures. If I ever got a PIN code for a deluxe resort I would be all over that one. It just looks so neat!
I could just be really picky, but I really don't like the water at WDW. We always just buy water bottles. I saw try it, but know that there is always water for sale.

Crossing my fingers for you for a pin code!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #63
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I love Philharmagic, as well! It's such a well-done show, and I agree that there should be more like it.
Did you enjoy Peter Pan's Flight the second time around? I've never been on it before, so I'm curious to see what other people think.
I can't believe that family almost trmapled that poor CM. I would've wanted to tell them, "The rides aren't going anywhere."
can't wait to hear where your ADR was!
I like Peter Pan's Flight. It is very cute, but I would fast pass it or go during EMH. To me it is not worth standing in line for a long period of time.

I think some people lose all manors when they get excited...but I would still never be rude at Disney World!

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
Old 08-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #64
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Now that Frontierland was open we headed over to my favorite ride ever….Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

Below is a link to a video of our ride. Please excuse the kid in front of us with the Justin Bieber haircut that keeps shaking his hair and his friend who keeps wooing throughout the ride.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

After our ride we headed over to Splash Mountain. I am not going to lie, I was so scared. Neither of us had ridden it before and Kyle was looking forward to it. I was nervous about the big drop since I am not a fan of heights. Kyle said we could skip it, but I really wanted to try it. So we got in line and waited, and waited…The suspense was killing me! I had so many chances to back out but I kept moving forward. We chatted with a nice English couple in front of us. The wife was also nervous and you could tell her husband was a little annoyed. He said “What’s the point of coming to Disney Land if you aren’t going to want to ride anything?” Yes, he said Disney Land.

We reached the loading area and were split apart from our new friends. Bummer, would have been nice to ride with another scaredy cat like me. They put us in the front row loading position. I quickly told the CM that I was a first time rider and preferred not to sit in the front row. They quickly moved us into the back row of the next log. We were seated with a group of four high school girls who screamed at every little drop our turn because they thought it was funny…I did not. When we reached the big drop, it was a little scary, but so much fun! I loved it! Below is the less than flattering proof that I did indeed ride Splash Mountain!

I really need to have Kyle practice smiling on rides, he tends to look a little grim in these photos.

After enjoying my second favorite ride at WDW we decided to take another go at “the wildest ride in the wilderness”. We needed to try to dry off after all.

Our lunch ADR was at 11:30 and it was almostr 11 so we headed over to Tony’s Town Square. We had never eaten here before and I was looking forward to it. We had made a point to watch Lady and the Tramp a week or so before this trip to get in the mood.

On our way we saw a little of this.

After the parade we saw this.

We walked up to the CM standing at the podium just outside the restaurant who asked what time our reservation was. We told him it was at 11:30. He advised it was too early to check and told us to come back in 10 minutes. So we took a seat at a bench and people watched.

I had a problem with using my camera this trip. I would have it on zoom mode to take a picture but would forget to take it out of zoom. I would then take a self portrait. The result is the photo below.

Take two.

It was now pretty close to 11:30 so we headed inside. We checked in and took a seat. After a couple of minutes of waiting the Daper Dans walked in! They sang Bella Notte which is in the movie Lady and the Tramp. They were so good! I really wanted to take a picture, but they were like 10 feet in front of me and I felt weird digging in my purse to get my camera. I opted to just enjoy their beautiful voices.

We were called a few minutes after their performance and were sat in one of those half booth half table things. Our server’s name was Becky and she was very friendly and nice. After taking our drink order I attempted to take a photo of the menu when Becky saw me. She said “Allow me, I have done this a time or two.”

I got a little confused when we started to order our lunch. Becky said that bread was not served with the entrée so she suggested getting the toasted cheese and garlic bread, so we did.

Very good by the way.

I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs and Kyle ordered the baked ziti.

As you can see, we got bread with our meal, hence my confusion on what Becky said. Oh well. It was all very good and the more bread the merrier.

After lunch I wanted to go back on Splash. Can you believe it? Me who was scared wanted to go back for more. Well when reached Splash Mountain, it was closed. Sad. So I went on the next best thing, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

After our ride we decided to head back to Wilderness Lodge for rest so we hoped on the boat and off we went.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #65
amazingact21
Upendi

I was just as scared to go on Splash this past May, however, I agree with you..it's so much fun! Too bad it was closed and you couldn't go again. But an extra ride on BTMRR is always a plus!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 08-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #66
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Lol at being scared on Splash! I'm glad you enjoyed the ride and oh no on it being shut when you wanted to ride again.

Love the parade pics and your experience at Tony's sounds awesome! How cool to have Dapper Dans singing 10 feet in front of you!
Old 08-10-2011, 03:45 AM   #67
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm here! Sooo sorry for being late but I love your updates so far! I bet they assigned you a woods and realized u booked courtyard based on the room numbers u posed. One ended in an odd and the other an even. I'm pretty sure we got gobs of bread at dinner at Tonys. They must not do that at lunch which is odd!!!! Glad you liked wcc!!! Let me know if you ever need ADR help, I'm your go-to girl for that!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #68
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I was just as scared to go on Splash this past May, however, I agree with you..it's so much fun! Too bad it was closed and you couldn't go again. But an extra ride on BTMRR is always a plus!
BTMRR will always have my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Lol at being scared on Splash! I'm glad you enjoyed the ride and oh no on it being shut when you wanted to ride again.

Love the parade pics and your experience at Tony's sounds awesome! How cool to have Dapper Dans singing 10 feet in front of you!
The Dapper Dans were awesome as was Splash! When we make it back I want to spend a lot of time on Main Street checking out all the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm here! Sooo sorry for being late but I love your updates so far! I bet they assigned you a woods and realized u booked courtyard based on the room numbers u posed. One ended in an odd and the other an even. I'm pretty sure we got gobs of bread at dinner at Tonys. They must not do that at lunch which is odd!!!! Glad you liked wcc!!! Let me know if you ever need ADR help, I'm your go-to girl for that!
So glad you are here!
We did get bread at Tony's for lunch which was weird because she told us we wouldn't. Luckily I am fan of bread

Old 10-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #69
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

I am sorry for my loooong absence. I just got very busy on the weekends and am still pretty packed until after Thanksgiving, but I am determined to finish the trip report in a timely manner going forward. Why you may ask? Because we are going back on November 12th! We are staying at our very first value resort, POP! We also got free dining. I will start a pre-trip report once I finish this report up.

We decided to spend our evening in Epcot. Before heading there we grabbed a quick bite from Roaring Forks. If you remember last time we tried to eat at Epcot, it didn’t work out to well for us. We both had a flatbread pizza. I had the cheeseburger flatbread and Kyle had pepperoni . Both were very good.

We arrived at Epcot in no time. We never had too much trouble with the buses at WL. I really love that about that resort. When we stayed at POR we had nothing but trouble. We decided to check out the wait time for Test Track, but it was too long for me so we opted for Mission Space. Green Team. I want to try the Orange side, but Kyle isn’t a fan of the spinning so we always do green.

After our moderately amusing Mission Space adventure we decided to stroll to World Showcase, stopping for a photo-op of course.

We made it over to Canada to watch Illuminations. We grabbed a couple of beers from a cart.

My camera isn’t the best for capturing fireworks, so here are the ones that kind of came out.

We decided to walk around Canada a bit and check out O Canada! We entered the waiting area and were told it would be a few minutes. We ended waiting with a ton of other people for about 15 minutes. My feet were tired and I just wanted to sit. I didn’t know O Canada! didn’t have any seats, bummer! It was a pretty good show. Martin Short was pretty funny in it.

We decided head back to the resort and rest. The next day we planned on spending the morning checking out other resorts we had not gone to before.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #70
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

on having another trip planned!!! Pop is soo much fun - we have just got back from a stay here and loved it!!

I LOVED Epcot and Illuminations - seeing your pics is making me wish I was still there.

Oh no on going to watch O Canada whilst being tired. It sure is a shame it doesn't have seats but like you said it's a pretty good show.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #71
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Woohoo for having another trip coming up so soon! I loved POP when I stayed there. I think you'll have a blast!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #72
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

The next day we decided to take the boat to the Contemporary Resort.

I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary because I thought it always looked so cool from the outside. I still thought it looked cool, but not as much as I pictured it. It felt kind of cold. Oh well, still a nice resort.

We wanted to eat here.

Sadly, no ADR, so we were unable to get in. So we ate here instead.

We both just ordered the Bounty Platter and sat and watched the birds near the ceiling. Anyone else noticed the birds up there?
After our breakfast we decided to hop on the monorail.

Our next stop was the Polly. I thought this was cute!

Look what I spotted.

Enjoying a cup of coffee.

After our coffee we hopped back on the monorail. It was starting to rain. When the train came it was down pouring, I am glad I wasn’t walking around the park at that time. Our next stop was the Grand Floridian.

I think this resort is just beautiful! However, it feels a little too fancy for me. I think I will stick with WL. We took the monorail to MK and then hopped on the boat back to WL. Before heading to the room we walked around WL.

We then went back to the room for a little Casey Anthony trial and rest.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #73
stitches of laughter
Mouseketeer

love! the title. my mom and i would ALWAYS get asked "why are you going AGAIN?!" our answer: because it's our laughin place.

i'm staying at POP for the second time this november. you will like it
taken too early

Memories of Ma PTR

numerous family trips prior to 2005
January 2005 YC with Ma & little brother
August 2009 CBR with Ma--most special trip
February 2011 POP with one of my girlfriends

November 2011 POP 1st solo trip

Old 10-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #74
amazingact21
Upendi

Yay for another trip in the works! I bet November will be nice, because the weather will be cool and all the Christmas decorations will have started popping up.

Resort hopping is so much fun, and I agree with you, the Contemporary does look a little cold.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #75
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

sounds like a great afternoon for a little resort hopping!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: