Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2011, 12:02 AM   #46
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Hello, fellow Minnesotan! Just ran across your TR and really enjoying it! I know the feeling of people wondering why two adults are going back to WDW again (we did a "year of Disney" in 2010). You must have had one of Delta's nicest planes, by the way...ours were never that cool!

I noticed you mentioned that it would be nice to ride the Peoplemover more than once in a row. To my knowledge, unless something has changed, you can! We did this several times...as you're coming to the end, just ask the CM if you can stay on another lap. They've always said yes, no problem!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 07-20-2011, 01:21 AM   #47
KAA1972
Mouseketeer

Subscribing in.... So excited to read the rest of your thread!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2011, 02:33 AM   #48
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Love it so far. Looking forward to reading more
Old 07-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #49
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I live in NW FL, and I promise you the water here tastes fine. However, I used to live near Cape Canaveral, and I will admit, the water wasn't always the greatest tasting. It must be a central FL thing. DF and I always bring our own water when we go to WDW for the same reason.
I'm sorry you weren't able to meet Mickey. I hope you got another oppurtunity later!
I laughed when I read about Kyle's adventure with the socks. It never fails that a standstill line will begin moving right when you're trying to do something.
And Kyle didn't look as if he was enjoying EE that much from your picture. It is definitely an intense ride.
Glad you enjoyed It's Tough to Be a Bug, though! Can't wait to hear how Epcot went.

I am glad to hear the water isn't bad all over FL. You would think of all the places that the water in DW would taste like magic.
He was like really shaken up about EE, but he does want to go on it again. Usually I am the big wuss and he is the adventerous one, but this trip he kind of suprised me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post
I am enjoying your TR, sounds like you guys had so much fun. I cannot wait for our trip in 8 days!!
Thanks! It is almost time for your trip, how exciting! I'd like to hear how you like POFQ as compared to POR. Let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay on being able to just walk downstairs for breakfast at WCC - am glad you guys enjoyed it! Oh no on the water being horrible

ITTBAB is going to be closed when we go so I enjoyed reading your review of the attraction. Love the EE photos - I will also be a solo rider so was glad to read that you get on pretty fast.
Breakfast was great! But then again, it is also my favorite type of food besides Mexican, so we really can't go wrong there

That is too bad that ITTBAB will be closed! Bummer.

I was really suprised that the single rider line was pretty much walk on. With how long the stand-by line was, I was really suprised more people weren't just doing single rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I'm a little late to the party but I'm here for the rest. Wilderness Lodge is beautiful. Looking forward to my favorite park, EPCOT.
You are not later at all, thanks for reading! I also love Epcot, it only loses to MK by half a point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Hello, fellow Minnesotan! Just ran across your TR and really enjoying it! I know the feeling of people wondering why two adults are going back to WDW again (we did a "year of Disney" in 2010). You must have had one of Delta's nicest planes, by the way...ours were never that cool!

I noticed you mentioned that it would be nice to ride the Peoplemover more than once in a row. To my knowledge, unless something has changed, you can! We did this several times...as you're coming to the end, just ask the CM if you can stay on another lap. They've always said yes, no problem!
I just first need to say, I am so glad it is cooler out today! I was dying these last few days. I have read a couple of your TR, glad you came to mine

I wish all Delta planes were that nice. I wish there was a way to know when you are booking because I can be flexable with flight times for a plane that nice!

Thanks for the advice on the Peoplemover, I really had no idea you could do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA1972 View Post
Subscribing in.... So excited to read the rest of your thread!
Thanks for reading and commenting! I have a wedding in Northern Minnesota this weekend but hope to still do an update on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Love it so far. Looking forward to reading more
Thanks so much!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #50
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

I promised an update yesterday, but I was exhausted! I donít do well with long car rides, so after being in a car for about 5 hours, I was ready to crash. The wedding was great! I donít see my family much so any time I get to see cousins, it is a great time.

My brothers, me and Kyle at the reception.

After our nap we decided to head over to Epcot! I really love Epcot. Before our first trip together people told us that we wouldnít like and should just avoid it, but I am glad that we didnít listen to their advice. I just love being able to walk around World Showcase and checking out the shops. I usually donít buy anything, but it is always fun to look.

We took the bus from Wilderness Lodge and arrived at Epcot in not much time at all. Our first stop was Spaceship Earth. We usually save this ride for on our way out, but there wasnít much of a line so we decided to hop on.

The last time we rode Spaceship Earth, I told Kyle that he had to smile when our picture was taken. He usually makes a horrible silly face and alas, nice photo momento is gone. So when it was our turn to smile, I stuck my tongue out. He sure gave me a hard time when we had the photo e-mailed to ourselves. Picture from previous trip below.

So this time I was good and we both smiled. When we started to decend and our journey to the future began, Kyleís face was missing, sad. There was just a cartoon womanís face where his should have been. Oh well.

We decided to head over to Club Cool. Test Trackís wait time was too long and we knew that we would be back later during the week. We both avoided the Beverly. During our previous trip in October, I tricked Kyle into trying it and I laughed when he put on a sour puss face. He made me also take a sip after I had my fun. Yeah, that stuff is not so good.

After our delicious free pop (yes we call it pop in Minnesota, unless you are my brother who likes to be different) we decided to walk over to World Showcase. I love the boat, but it just seems to takes longer to wait for it to come and to arrive at the destination then it would be for me to walk my lazy butt there.

We were hungry but no ADR was scheduled for tonight. I think on our next trip I am making an ADR for all meals. I get so frustrated when we canít make up our minds on where to go. This usually results in mini arguments in public (I blame the heat and low blood sugar). Quickly state my disappointment in not having a plan and then smile big as if I am having a lovely time.

I really wanted to try La Hacienda de San Angel, but no in or outdoor seating was available. Why didnít I make an ADR, why? We kept walking and ended up at the Liberty Inn. We hadnít eaten here before and it was definitely a plus that they had indoor seating. We both order the chicken breast nuggets and they were just OK. But then again, I have never had a super awesome chicken nugget before either.

After dinner we decided to head toward Germany. I wanted to checkout Karamell Kuche. There were a few people in line and a couple of people looking at items for sale. I didnít know what to get but felt rushed to respond to the CM behind the counter. I decided on a caramel apple. I was still full from dinner and just wanted to eat it back at the room later so I stuck it in my bag. Kyle doesnít like caramel (can you believe it?!) so he didnít get anything.

We decided to walk around awhile with nothing really planned.

Kyle pointed out that it was very hot and wondered how my apple was doing. I pulled it out of my bag and sure enough the caramel had already started to drip off the apple. So sad. I decided to take a picture of the apple before all the caramel had come off of it.

The sun was getting to be too much and Kyleís feet were bugging him so we decided to head back to Wilderness Lodge. That night we watched the Electrical Water Pageant from our deck. Well, I guess I should say that we watched part of it. Most of it was hidden by trees but we did see some of it and heard the music.

I enjoyed my apple that I had stuck in the fridge. Despite the dripping caramel it was still very delicious.

Up next Ė Day 3, Magic Kingdom/Tony's

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011

Old 07-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #51
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you all enjoyed the wedding.

I can't wait to explore Epcot - it looks like such a great park!

Oh no on Kyle's face being missing from the SE photo, esp when you kept a straight face!

I love your pics and can't wait to try Karamelle Kuche! I'm glad your caramel apple was still tasty with most of the caramel having melted.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #52
amazingact21
Upendi

I know what you mean about the boat. DF loves to ride it, but by the time it arrives at the dock, I always think to myself, "We could've been on the other side by now."
ADRs can be such a lifesaver. DF and I are the exact same way when it comes to picking meals. We're both indecisive and end up arguing with each other over something that silly.

Sorry that your caramel apple started to melt in the heat! But it's good to see that it was still delicious. Not to mention, I bet it was nice to be able to enjoy it in the cool air conditioning and the comfort of Wilderness Lodge!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 07-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #53
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
I'm glad you all enjoyed the wedding.

I can't wait to explore Epcot - it looks like such a great park!

Oh no on Kyle's face being missing from the SE photo, esp when you kept a straight face!

I love your pics and can't wait to try Karamelle Kuche! I'm glad your caramel apple was still tasty with most of the caramel having melted.

You'll love Epcot. If ride times are long you can just walk around World Showcase.

I think I need to study the menu next time before going to Karamelle Kuche! Really pick out some good stuff.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #54
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I know what you mean about the boat. DF loves to ride it, but by the time it arrives at the dock, I always think to myself, "We could've been on the other side by now."
ADRs can be such a lifesaver. DF and I are the exact same way when it comes to picking meals. We're both indecisive and end up arguing with each other over something that silly.

Sorry that your caramel apple started to melt in the heat! But it's good to see that it was still delicious. Not to mention, I bet it was nice to be able to enjoy it in the cool air conditioning and the comfort of Wilderness Lodge!
I don't think you can go wrong with caramel and an apple whether they are stuck to eachother or not.

Maybe even if we don't make both lunch and dinner ADRs next time, we will have a plan on where to go and maybe even a back up plan if there is a long wait.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #55
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

This morning we were headed to the Magic Kingdom. We decided to give the boat another go. As you can see it was a warm humid morning.

The boat didnít take long at all to come this morning and we made it to MK before the opening show.

When the show was over we hustled it over to Peter Panís Flight. We had only ridden this once before so we thought it deserved another try. Usually during the day this ride is so busy so we always skip It, but since it was EMH we got in the nonexistent line.

This picture was taken after our ride; this line was not here when we got on.

Next we headed over to Philharmagic. I love love love Philharmagic. I wish there were more attractions like this one.

I wanted to head over to Frontierland next to ride my favorite Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but Frontierland and Adventureland were not open yet. For some reason I never paid attention to what was open and not open during EMH. It wouldnít be much longer until the park would be open and a few people had already lined up against the rope so we decided to do the same. There was one CM standing at the middle of the rope and she repeated over and over again that this side wasnít open yet. I felt kind of bad for her because I swear she must have said it 50 to 60 times. She also mentioned she was nervous that she would get run over once the rope dropped.

There was another CM that was there that was talking to other guests. This CM also explained that they would lower the rope and walk it over to the right and then everyone could proceed through. The funny thing is, this CM was chatting a lot with one particular family about the differences between DL and WDW for about a good 5 minutes. He excused himself to go unhook the rope from the left side and proceed to walk it over to the right. The family he was chatting with didnít want to wait and they jumped over the rope. The CM gave the father the worst look and the father kind of just shrugged his shoulders and kept going.

We decided to first visit the Haunted Mansion. There was only one family infront of us so we were let in right away. The family in front of us consisted of 4 women and two children. The thing I found most odd was they never stayed together so there was constantly someone asking to get by us so they could catch up to the group.

Up next, a new ride and a wonderful ADR.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #56
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great pics of the MK opening ceremony - am hoping to get to watch it but not being a morning person we shall see if it happens.

Also can't wait to try Philharmagic. Looking forward to seeing where the wonderful ADR took place!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #57
teacher1717
Mouseketeer

SOunds like you're having a great time so far. I have always wanted to stay at the wilderness lodge. Maybe one day...
Old 07-31-2011, 11:11 PM   #58
Carlyluvsdisney
Mouseketeer

I'm enjoying your trip report. I moved to SW Florida a little over a year ago and the water here is terrible. I wouldn't let my dog drink it! The Wilderness Lodge looks beautiful. I'm hoping to stay there in Dec. for a weekend and go to MNSSHP..looking forward to the rest of your TR!

2010-Fort Wilderness in a travel trailer
2011-POFQ,POP,AKL
2012-Beach Club,Fort Wilderness Cabins,CSR,
POR Royal guestroom,AllStarSports,POFQ
Old 08-01-2011, 06:07 AM   #59
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I love the opening ceremony at MK! I'm kind of sad that I probably won't see the "Let the Memories begin" decorations outside of MK, I'm assuming when I go, it will all be replaced by Halloween stuff. I'm sure I'll get over it, though!

I love Peter Pan's Flight, but the line is always so long, I can't believe it's still so popular!

I think it's really strange that some lands in MK aren't open for EMH! I'm not sure if I've ever been to am EMH at MK, so I didn't even know that!

OMG I love Philharmagic! One of my favorites!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 08-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #60
ChiCat
DIS Veteran

We were planning on taking empty water bottles to the park to fill up, is that not a good idea?

I'm with you on the ADR's I've made them for every day because I know by the end of the day if I'm tired, hungry, and God forbid hot too I will be in the worst mood ever.

WL is the one place I've just loved from the minute I saw the pictures. If I ever got a PIN code for a deluxe resort I would be all over that one. It just looks so neat!

CBR 9/2011
best trip so far 12/2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: