Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #31
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great pics of your room and the view!

That's strange about the two room numbers allocated still being a mystery!

Can't wait to get one of those pink refillable mugs!

Laughed out loud at your following comment - hilarious!

He read the update and was like "seeing your wife say you were right all over the internet, priceless!"
Old 07-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #32
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Mk EMH!

Side note: I just had a mini breakdown. I just spent an hour and a half writing this update and was 5 minutes away from publishing it when I lost it all. Arg! (Side note over)

So after watching the Casey Anthony case for awhile, I fell asleep. I ended up sleeping a little longer than I wanted to. I guess I was really tired. Kyle can sleep all day if you let him. On weekends if we have no plans he has no problem sleeping until 2 PM. We woke up about 7 PM and decided to unpack. I always unpack because I hate having to dig through the suitcase trying to find something. I even unpack for very short trips. We freshened up and decided to head to the boat. Kyle loved taking the boat to DTD when we stayed at POR so he was all about taking the boat to the Magic Kingdom.

I just love the path to the dock, it is so pretty. I would have taken pictures but there always seemed to be people right behind us. When we reached the dock there were tons of people waiting for boats on both the MK side and the Resort side. A small boat was docked on the resort side but it would take a few more to get all the people standing in line on their way. We jumped in the MK line and within a few minutes several people had lined up behind us. A father and his two sons were in front of us. The father said they took the boat yesterday with no wait, but tonight they had already been waiting awhile. I snapped some pictures of the view from the dock.

I could just sit on this dock all night and watch the beautiful sky, but I won’t, because I really want to go to MK!

Another boat had come and gone on the resort side, but none for the MK side. I was worried that even when a boat would come that it would be small and we would still be waiting. We debated about hopping out of line and going to the bus stop, but we had already invested so much time waiting in this line. I am glad we stayed because within a few minutes a large boat had arrived. As the line moved closer and closer to the boat I was worried that the captain would cut the line right at us, but he didn’t. The boat was filled to the max and I think everyone that was waiting was able to get on.

When we reached the dock at MK I went to stand in line for my least favorite thing, bag check. I always seem to get into the slowest line possible. I am sure it was only a minute or two but it always seems like forever.

As we walked into MK I could tell the Electrical Lights Parade was about to start. We both decided that we didn’t need to see it as neither of us cared for it when we saw it in October. There is just something about that music that freaks me out. Anyone else feel the same? We decided to book it to Adventureland so that we wouldn’t get stuck. For the first time I didn’t get a picture of the castle!

We bobbed and weaved our way through the crowds and made it to Adventureland. Pirates of the Caribbean had a posted wait time of 20 minutes so we got in line. It was really hot in there, probably because people were standing so close together. It ended up being more like 30 minutes by the time we were loaded into the boat. I asked the CM if we could sit in the front row and you could tell he was not happy with my request. He told us to wait to the side and made us wait for two more boats. On the previous trip we were randomly seated in the front row and it was great so I wanted to ride in the front again. The group of people that were in front of us had asked for the last row and it didn’t get any hassle, not sure why he didn’t like my request. The ride was great as usual and I was glad I had asked for the front row.

After our “cruise” we decided to get something to eat. I really didn’t want to eat at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn. I really like the burgers there, but we always seem to eat there when at MK. Guess where we ate? Pecos Bill. I just always get a brain freeze when trying to pick a place to eat so we always go there. If anyone has any suggestions for a quick service restaurant at MK, let me know.

Kyle ordered the bacon cheeseburger and I got the kids hamburger meal as I wasn’t all that hungry.

After our late dinner we decided to go to my favorite ride, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! The time posted was 10 minutes but after we had walked up the walk way we could see that there was no way it was 10 minutes. It took 40 minutes, but I was OK with it as it was my favorite ride and the first time riding it this trip. While waiting we could hear but not see that Wishes was going on, bummer! We were assigned the second row on our train. I was a little worried as we had been in the first row before and the ride didn’t seem as thrilling. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the second row. It was fast and fun. Of course it could just be that I was excited to be on my ride again.

Up next was It’s a Small World. We hadn’t ridden this ride on our last two trips so we decided why not. Surprisingly there was actually a wait!

We were behind a group of teenage girls who kept throwing coins into the water, like the whole wait. They weren’t just throwing them in the water, they were also throwing them against the walls so that it would bounce into the water. They would also stop to take pictures several times as the rest of the line was moving. I kept my fingers crossed that we wouldn’t be seated with them and luckily we were not. I tried to take photos inside the ride but they always came out super blurry. But I am sure all of us know what the ride looks like anyway.

After ISM we decided to ride Mad Tea Party. Neither of us had ridden it before so we were excited to try something new.

I have a Flip Video camera so Kyle decided to take video of our ride, but I will not be posting it on here. The video was super close up, so pretty much just our faces and the fact that we were spinning. This will be a cherished family memory. It was a fun ride!

After all the spinning we decided to take a ride on the PeopleMover. I just love riding this at night, so relaxing and great to see all the lights. I really wish there was an option to stay on for another ride since it is never very busy anyway. After the PeopleMover we walked over to the Haunted Mansion, but the line was long and we were pretty tired of standing in long lines that night. We decided to head out. Kyle’s feet were starting to bug him anyway. MK was open until 2, but there was no way we were going to make it.

We stopped at a food cart and bought a couple of waters and a bag of cotton candy for me. I just love cotton candy. We started to walk toward the buses and I became really nervous. The lines were huge. The line for POR was way out of the bus area and I started to have flash backs to waiting for over an hour last October. The bus stop for WL was at the end of the line and since they had some kind of construction thing up I couldn’t see the stop. To my surprise there was only one other couple waiting! A couple of minutes later a bus driver getting ready to start her shift had joined us. She was very friendly and recommended that we check out Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review. She said whenever she had family come to town she always brought them there. Maybe next time we will check it out. The bus came within about 10 minutes and we were on our way “home”.

I stopped to take some photos in the lobby before heading up to the room.

We were in the room and getting ready for bed by 12:30.

Up next: 2 new rides for us at AK

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Last edited by DisneyDreamerMN; 07-10-2011 at 09:28 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #33
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! We were there the week before you, and also got very hooked on the Casey Anthony trial during our trip. We are considering staying at WL our next trip, and I'm afraid to tell people we are going again so soon, lol.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #34
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a full and fun evening!
Old 07-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #35
NYDIS
Earning My Ears

Just joined in...I think your trip report is great, looking forward to more. We loved our stay at WL a few years ago and your pictures brought back some great memories!

2013 - BC
2012 - POLY
2011 - CR
2010 - BC
2009 - GF/CBR
2008 - GF/CSR
2007 - WL/POP
2006 - POLY
2005 - POR
2004 - AKL
1999 - AS Music
1994 - AS Sports
1990 - CBR
Old 07-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #36
wuzzy6
Mom to the Fab 4

Checking in - can't wait to read more!

FL Native and habitual day-tripper: since 1971; Apr 2002: PO-R; Mar 2014: CSR ; Apr 2014: WL; May 2014: PO-R and FW-cabin; Aug 2014: YC CL+DxDP; What's next?!
Old 07-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #37
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures of the view from the dock! I can imagine it would be hard to tear yourself away from the beautiful spot!

Oh no on the POTC CM not liking your request - what's wrong with asking to sit at the front?

Sounds like you had a great start to your trip!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #38
amazingact21
Upendi

Just discovered your TR and am joining in! Sounds like you two had a nice night at MK, despite the grumpy PoTC CM. I've ridden BTMRR in the second row before and have to agree with you, it's a lot of fun!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 07-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #39
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Great pics of your room and the view!

That's strange about the two room numbers allocated still being a mystery!

Can't wait to get one of those pink refillable mugs!

Laughed out loud at your following comment - hilarious!

He read the update and was like "seeing your wife say you were right all over the internet, priceless!"
I love the pink mug! I wish they would change them every year so I had an excuse to buy one everytime Shhh don't say that you laughed at my husbands comment, we don't want him to get a big head.

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011

Old 07-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #40
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
I'm joining in! We were there the week before you, and also got very hooked on the Casey Anthony trial during our trip. We are considering staying at WL our next trip, and I'm afraid to tell people we are going again so soon, lol.
So strange that in the happiest place in the world we watched such a depressing thing in our down time.
LOL other people just don't get our love for Disney and the need to go back again and again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Sounds like a full and fun evening!
It was! But it felt like we should have done more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDIS View Post
Just joined in...I think your trip report is great, looking forward to more. We loved our stay at WL a few years ago and your pictures brought back some great memories!
Thanks for posting and reading! I can't wait to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzy6 View Post
Checking in - can't wait to read more!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love the pictures of the view from the dock! I can imagine it would be hard to tear yourself away from the beautiful spot!

Oh no on the POTC CM not liking your request - what's wrong with asking to sit at the front?

Sounds like you had a great start to your trip!

It was a great first day, but aren't they all? I loved that dock. Wishes I had taken the time to just enjoy the view.
I guess maybe I will just be super sweet next time and say "If it isn't too much trouble, could we get the front row? We don't mind waiting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Just discovered your TR and am joining in! Sounds like you two had a nice night at MK, despite the grumpy PoTC CM. I've ridden BTMRR in the second row before and have to agree with you, it's a lot of fun!
I could ride BTMRR all day! I wonder if there is a Guiness World Record for riding it X number of times. I would like to beat it if they let me.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #41
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Day 2, part 1 Animal Kingdon

The alarm went off at 7:00 AM. We had an 8:00 AM ressie at Whispering Canyon Café. It was nice to know that I could take my time that morning getting ready as we only had to go downstairs to reach our destination.

I am very much so an early bird. I try to leave later than one should so that I arrive right on time…but it never works, I am always early. So alas, we were early. We decided to go into Wilderness Lodge Mercantile to look around. I debated on getting a raccoon skin hat, but decided against it. Had it been winter time in Minnesota, I might have had myself a hat. I really wanted to find something for my 6 year old nephew, but I couldn’t think of what. He is a Phineas & Ferb fan but I never really see much of their merchandise. I decided to keep looking throughout the week. He has never been to WDW, so we hope to take him in a few years when he is old enough to be away from mom and dad for awhile. The only thing we ended up purchasing from the store was a gallon of water. Does anyone else think that the water in Florida tastes horrible? Kyle decided to run it up to the room and I took a seat in the beautiful lobby.

I thought the restaurant would have been busy, but there were maybe only 6 tables with people in them. I don’t remember what our server’s name was, but she was very nice and totally into character. She was a short blonde lady with a southern accent. At first I thought her accent was fake and part of her character, but then I heard her talk with the table next to us about being from the same area and they all had accents. I will try to get better at writing down names and taking more food pictures for my future reports!

I ordered an apple juice and Kyle ordered an orange juice. With my urging we decided to order the “all-you-care-to enjoy Canyon Skillet”. This included scrambled eggs, roasted red potatoes, bacon, sausage, waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy. They bring out one skillet and you just dish it on your plate. I had a little of everything except for the country gravy, not a fan of that. When we had finished almost everything, our waitress asked if we wanted more of anything. I said I would like more bacon and biscuits. Maybe 15 minutes had past and we had finished everything from our first skillet. Our stomachs had caught up to our eyes as we were now full. Our waitress stopped by and realized we did not get our refill of food. She ran back and brought out another full skillet! There was no way we could eat all that and I felt bad for wasting it. I enjoyed a couple of pieces of bacon and a biscuit and was good to go. We paid our bill and headed for the bus stop to catch a bus to Animal Kingdom.

The bus trip must have been uneventful as I had no notes about it. We had only visited animal kingdom on our first trip together. I know a lot of people love this park, but to us it is just so big and it always feels so hot there. The animals are wonderful, but we have a wonderful zoo in Minnesota that we live 10 minutes from. Kyle said that maybe it was time to revisit it, so I obliged. We decided to head to Camp Minnie Mickey because we wanted to get our picture taken with Mickey.

So we walked all the way there in the hot sun to come across long lines for all the characters. We noticed that there weren’t any adults in line that weren’t with children. We suddenly were overwhelmed with shyness and decided that we didn’t want to stand in line for a picture after all.

We decided to head over to It’s Tough to be a Bug! It is sure a long maze to get to that attraction! I wanted to take photos as we walked through the queue but it was continuously moving and I didn’t want to make anyone behind us mad. This was the first time we were seeing the attraction so I was excited for it.

I had heard about the wasps in the show so when we sat down in the chairs I looked to see where the holes were. When I heard the buzzing I made it appoint to not lean my back against the back rest. I have never been stung in real life so I didn’t want to get stung at AK. I thought the show was very cute and would definitely see it again.

We were on a new ride kick so we decided to check out Kali River Rapids. It was certainly hot enough and I came prepared with a plastic baggy to stick the stuff in my purse in. We hopped in line and walked a little ways until we met the line of people. Kyle was wearing sneakers and socks so he wanted to take his socks off. So here we are in line and Kyle’s taking off his shoes, then the line starts to move. So Kyle tries to hop along the line with one shoe on and the other off. I tell the couple behind us to go ahead but they just kind of smile and laugh about it and say it is OK and that they will wait. So off Kyle’s socks go and into the baggy in my purse.

The line seemed to take forever and it was just so darn hot in that line. Anytime I would get near a fan the line would move. I was praying I would get soaked! It seemed we were in the boathouse area forever because I heard/saw that Kali Rapids Expeditions video over and over again. I was ready to leave the line screaming because I couldn’t take it anymore, but I stuck it out. I did get soaked and so did Kyle. My purse was also wet even though we stuck it in the storage thing, oh well. Anyone else wish this ride was longer? If the line wasn’t so long I would have gone again.

We were thirsty and wanted to dry off so we stopped at a food cart to get something to drink. I got a coke and Kyle got a beer. We found a table and sat down to people watch. Kyle wanted to go on Expedition Everest and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to. I am really scared of heights, not sure if I mentioned that before. The first climb on Expedition Everest looks a little high for me. I didn’t want to hold Kyle back so I said let’s walk over there and see how long the wait is. The wait was about an hour and since it was so hot Kyle didn’t want to wait. What a relief. I mentioned the single rider line and he said he’d try that. I looked for a place to watch and within 5 minutes I saw him on the coaster. Wow, that single rider line is awesome. I couldn’t believe he was already on.

Waiting for Kyle

There he is! (3rd from the back on the left)

When he was done he came over to me and said “You would have hated it.” LOL, OK, wow. He said it was good but took a lot out of you. He said the drops were so sudden and big. He felt a little like this By the way, the next day he said that we should go on it. He suddenly forgot how thrilling he found it the day before.

We decided to head back to the resort to take a nap and to relax. We were headed to Epcot that night so we wanted to be rested for it.

These were waiting for us when we got back. Sadly, these were the only ones we got all week

I turned on the Casey Anthony trial and Kyle dozed. I really loved the resort and our view, but it was noisy in the afternoon. Every day they had a pool party. I can’t remember exactly what they called it, but it involved loud music. This was the only down side to the courtyard view.

Up next - Epcot!

Last edited by DisneyDreamerMN; 07-17-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #42
amazingact21
Upendi

I live in NW FL, and I promise you the water here tastes fine. However, I used to live near Cape Canaveral, and I will admit, the water wasn't always the greatest tasting. It must be a central FL thing. DF and I always bring our own water when we go to WDW for the same reason.
I'm sorry you weren't able to meet Mickey. I hope you got another oppurtunity later!
I laughed when I read about Kyle's adventure with the socks. It never fails that a standstill line will begin moving right when you're trying to do something.
And Kyle didn't look as if he was enjoying EE that much from your picture. It is definitely an intense ride.
Glad you enjoyed It's Tough to Be a Bug, though! Can't wait to hear how Epcot went.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 07-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #43
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying your TR, sounds like you guys had so much fun. I cannot wait for our trip in 8 days!!

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 07-18-2011, 05:22 AM   #44
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay on being able to just walk downstairs for breakfast at WCC - am glad you guys enjoyed it! Oh no on the water being horrible

ITTBAB is going to be closed when we go so I enjoyed reading your review of the attraction. Love the EE photos - I will also be a solo rider so was glad to read that you get on pretty fast.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #45
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I'm a little late to the party but I'm here for the rest. Wilderness Lodge is beautiful. Looking forward to my favorite park, EPCOT.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: