Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #16
aggiebride
Earning My Ears

Great start Jamie! I'm so glad u decided to start your first TR. I have been reading TRs since goodness knows when & still haven't had luck writing one
Old 07-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #17
BetsyRNBSN
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report so far... trying to talk my DH into going on an adults only trip. You wouldn't think it would be hard since we don't have kids, but my nieces and nephew go with me on all my disney trips, this will be the first one totally solo for me in September...
Looking forward to more!

Betsy in IN

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #18
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Yeah! Page 2! I am enjoying your report and glad you decided to write one. We own at VWL, so I love reading about people who stay at the WL. Hope your room issue is resolved quickly!

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Old 07-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #19
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Am so glad you got to stay at a deluxe this trip! and can't wait to hear all about your room - hope you had a fabulous view!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #20
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Can't wait to hear more.. Count me in!!
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
I'm joining in! Great start and the pics of WL look gorgeous
Just love WL

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin1763 View Post
I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great update!!! Mmm Raglan Road seems like a restaurant I would love, but I have yet to go there! I'm hoping to squeeze it in somewhere in October!

I love the new Lego statues!

That's so strange that you got 2 texts from WL with 2 different room numbers! I would have checked out both locations first, and then decided which room I wanted! I wish I could remember our room number from when we were there...it was 4 something, because we were on the 4th floor, but that's all I can remember! It was a FAR walk from the lobby too! But we had such a nice, peaceful woods view room, I'm kind of nervous about having a courtyard view this time, I hope it's not too noisy!

Can't wait to see where you ended up!
I hope you can check it out, its a very nice restaurant.
I was so confused on the room and I was worried that the second room wouldn't be as nice as the first room number they sent. I think a woods view would be nice. Hoping to stay again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love the photo of you with Johnny Depp!

Starting your trip with a meal at Raglan Road sounds great! That is weird about getting two room numbers - can't wait to find out which room you end up in.

Lol at losing an argument! Don't you just hate when you end up being wrong?!
He read the update and was like "seeing your wife say you were right all over the internet, priceless!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiebride View Post
Great start Jamie! I'm so glad u decided to start your first TR. I have been reading TRs since goodness knows when & still haven't had luck writing one
Thanks! If you end up writing one, let me know, I would love to read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyRNBSN View Post
Loving your trip report so far... trying to talk my DH into going on an adults only trip. You wouldn't think it would be hard since we don't have kids, but my nieces and nephew go with me on all my disney trips, this will be the first one totally solo for me in September...
Looking forward to more!
Thank you! We don't have kids yet either, but I would love to take my nephew. He is 6 and hasn't been away from mom and dad overnight yet, so in a couple of years we will take him. Hope you can talk your husband into it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Yeah! Page 2! I am enjoying your report and glad you decided to write one. We own at VWL, so I love reading about people who stay at the WL. Hope your room issue is resolved quickly!
I know I was so happy to see page 2! I would love to be DVC someday...but I also want to move to Florida, we will see what happens first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Am so glad you got to stay at a deluxe this trip! and can't wait to hear all about your room - hope you had a fabulous view!
I don't think I could go back to a moderate or value now...but I suppose I will have to see what my wallet thinks. I heard POP is nice so I would like to stay there sometime.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 07-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #21
rpbear
DIS Veteran

I love the name of your trip report. That's what I think every summer when people ask me where I am going on vacation. I answer Florida and then they laugh and ask "Disney"? I can't help it I am addicted.

Lucy

It has been too long since the last trip. Adding a ticker finally for my next trip.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #22
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpbear View Post
I love the name of your trip report. That's what I think every summer when people ask me where I am going on vacation. I answer Florida and then they laugh and ask "Disney"? I can't help it I am addicted.

Lucy
Thanks Lucy! I know exactly what you mean. We only told a few people that we were even going because I get teased by almost everyone for going so much.

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
Old 07-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #23
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Our room is ready!

So I left off with just noticing a second text that said our room was ready...again and instead of 4037 it was 2120. Now while trying to enjoy our bus ride but really just anticipating our room assignment on the nearly empty bus, the family of four were getting a little annoying. The father grabbed the daughters flip flops from her feet and threw them down the length of the bus. The daughter jumped up and ran to get them (while the bus was in motion). I could tell the mother was a little annoyed/embarrassed and told him to knock it off but she also just kind of chuckled as he did it again....Some people's kids - er, I mean some people's parents

When we pulled up to what would be our home away from home for the next 6 nights were hurried off the bus and grabbed our carry on bag that we had checked with vallet and walked into the beautiful lobby. I didn't know whether to stand in the check-in line or the concierge desk. Both lines had about 2 people waiting. We ended up waiting in the check-in line. The CM that had checked us in earlier was still there but she also had a trainee with her, so it was taking a little bit of time. When it was our turn I explained that we received two text messages with two room numbers and showed both CMs the phone. They both thought it was strange. She advised that they do not send the text messages from the hotel but that it is done else where. They both apologized and we both said that it was OK. I chimed in that I will take which ever room is better, which made the trainee chuckle. The CM advised that we would be in room 4037. She thought maybe the person assigned to room 2120 had the same area code, she checked but that was not the case. It will forever remain a Disney mystery as to why we got that second text.

On the way up to our room I took a picture of this.

I am not sure why I didn't take photos of the rest of the lobby at this time, but I did later.

We were told to head towards Roaring Forks and to take the elevator that is just passed the dinning area up to the 4th floor. Since we were near Roaring Forks, I thought that we should invest in resort mugs. When we stayed at POR we rarely refilled the mugs because we were never near the dinning hall. I told Kyle that I would meet him up in the room after I got the mugs. I entered Roaring Forks which was a little busy and looked for the mugs but didn't see them. At POR they were right by the grill, but I couldn't find them here. I walked up to where you pay and asked a CM where they were. She pointed behind her indicating that they were behind the counter. LOL, whoops, so didn't see them there. I told her I wanted two. She was kind of funny because she motioned me to come closer and to lean in. She was whispering that they were open until midnight and that I can refill with the fountain drinks as much as I wanted. She also whispered the total and the fact that there was a sink next to the fountain drinks. I guess she just liked to whisper.

I found our room pretty easily.

Self portratit

view from deck

I just love this and want it in my home!

I really thought the headboard was great.

Overall, I loved this room! It was hot the whole week so I was glad that the AC worked so great.

Since we had been up since 3 AM and I pretty much no sleep that night, we decided to nap and then head to Magic Kingdom later since it was open for EMH until 2 AM. Kyle made fun of me 3 times this trip for my DIS abbreviations First was for when I said EMH, next was for when I said CM, and 3rd was when I said ADR.

Before drifting off to sleep, I watched a little Stacy Must Do and then changed the channel to the local news station. The Casey Anthony trial was on and I have to admit I got very hooked that week. In fact, every day that we napped, I mostly watched the trial while Kyle slept.

Up next - Magic Kingdom EMH/please, anything but Pecos Bill

Last edited by DisneyDreamerMN; 07-07-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #25
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I'd love to stay at the Wilderness Lodge! It's gorgeous!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
Old 07-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #26
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Subbing in and loving your TR! Hurry and add more pics and details!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
Old 07-08-2011, 05:06 AM   #27
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow your room is in such a great location! And the room is so beautiful! And that view is perfect! Can you tell I love the WL?

Did you find the courtyard view to be too noisy? I'm so worried about that for October! I want to put in a room request, but other than a 4th or 5th floor room, I don't know what to ask for!

Can't wait to hear about MK!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 07-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #28
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Great view!
It was a great view. I just wish we would have enjoyed the deck more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFamily5 View Post
Joining in! I'd love to stay at the Wilderness Lodge! It's gorgeous!
We loved it as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Subbing in and loving your TR! Hurry and add more pics and details!
I plan on procrastinating on house work tomorrow by doing another update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow your room is in such a great location! And the room is so beautiful! And that view is perfect! Can you tell I love the WL?

Did you find the courtyard view to be too noisy? I'm so worried about that for October! I want to put in a room request, but other than a 4th or 5th floor room, I don't know what to ask for!

Can't wait to hear about MK!
I think I am picking up a slight love that you have for WL It was noisy, but more on that later. We actually didn't put in any requests. We booked the trip on Expedia and the courtyard view was included.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #29
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I am picking up a slight love that you have for WL It was noisy, but more on that later. We actually didn't put in any requests. We booked the trip on Expedia and the courtyard view was included.
Oh no, that's what I'm worried about! Did it seem like any of the courtyard sections were quieter than others? I really wanted a woods view, but they were all booked, woods view is so quiet and peaceful! Was it noisy bc of the pool? (If you don't want to get ahead of yourself in your TR talking about the noise, PM me! ) Ugh, I'm stressing out now!!!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 07-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #30
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I love the title of your report. On our last trip, we didn't tell very many people because we didn't want to hear..."You're going back to Disney again?" Anyway, loving your report so far! I'm hoping to stay at the WL one day. What a great view from your room!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: