Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #121
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Bump. Any more news?
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #122
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I haven't heard anything new and interesting. I have seen a lot of pictures, and now that the exteriors are nearly wrapped up and trees in place it's hard to see anything new.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #123
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

Thanks for the kewl picture, Mikey and Ski.

I can't figure out the line and loading area for RSR. I mean I know, or think I know, that the entrance for the attraction is the red brick building at the end of Route 66, right in front of where the track does a 360, at the middle right of the picture. But there's nowhere there that the track goes off to the side to anything that looks like a loading area. My best guess is that the loading are would have to be in the big white-roofed building at the lower right of the picture. If so, then I'd also guess that the line snakes underneath the attraction, all the way from the red brick building to the white-roofed building, a la Indiana Jones. Does that sound right? Anybody know for sure?

-Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #124
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Great pix! Love the aerial one! Thanks for sharing.

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #125
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

A Look down "The Road to Cars Land" in Blue Sky Cellar

This is a video of the current diplay in the Blue Sky Cellar which was updated about 2 months ago. Blue Sky Cellar is an open attraction that has been showing previews of DCA. You can visit the cellar, it's next to Wine Country Trattoria's patio.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...dventure-park/
Old 04-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #126
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
Thanks for the kewl picture, Mikey and Ski.

I can't figure out the line and loading area for RSR. I mean I know, or think I know, that the entrance for the attraction is the red brick building at the end of Route 66, right in front of where the track does a 360, at the middle right of the picture. But there's nowhere there that the track goes off to the side to anything that looks like a loading area. My best guess is that the loading are would have to be in the big white-roofed building at the lower right of the picture. If so, then I'd also guess that the line snakes underneath the attraction, all the way from the red brick building to the white-roofed building, a la Indiana Jones. Does that sound right? Anybody know for sure?

-Bob
Yes, this is pretty accurate. See the little outdoor part towards the bottom of the ride that is 1 lane only? That's the very beginning of the ride, so the loading area is nearby, somewhere in the big show building. The line will start way back at the courthouse and be a LONG trek into the loading area (it goes under the bridge seen in the pic too).
Bouncy!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #127
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
The queue of RSR.

At the end of Rte 66 make a right at the brick Courthouse, all the rumors about that being anything having to do with RSR are wrong. You you go right at it and past it.

In the photo below the brick Courthouse you can see the red sign over the entry. Just above and to the right is a bold, backwards "C" shaped section of path, that is the FP distribution. To the right and above that is the exit path.

The exit path will go to the right, you can see it near the, almost 360 loop of track. It goes under the steel framed bridge, under the modern concrete bridge, and into the rock aiming at the top corner of the white roofed building. The unloading area is in the face of the rock cliff, not in the show building.

The FP return queue goes down the middle path, you can see it just before it's going under the steel bridge. It goes from there roughly along the exit queue, and upto the cliff, then follows the cliff down and to the left, to the loading area. The loading area is in the rock cliff next to the middle of the top left side of the white show building.

The Stand By queue is on the left, it will wind and switch back quite a bit. After it goes under the two bridges, it will wind through the small buildings in front of the cliff. The queue maze will progress upto and just into the rocks to the loading area.

The loading and unloading areas are in the cliff, in alcoves shaped like the motel Lightning and Sally drove to at the end of Cars. Under the hubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Old 04-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #128
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

on that aerial shot I can see RSR and the Luigi flying tires but isn't there a ride with the tractors? I can't see that ride.
Where exactly is the entrance to cars land located?
Minuet888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #129
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuet888 View Post
on that aerial shot I can see RSR and the Luigi flying tires but isn't there a ride with the tractors? I can't see that ride.
very frist ride on the left as you are entering carsland.
joelnkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #130
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuet888 View Post
Cars Land has three entrances. The Cross Street that runs east and west(up down) in about the middle or the photo. The Cross Street comes from Fliks Fun Fair and goes down to the Pacific Wharf where it goes through and arch in the rock. The third entrance is from the Parade Route, where Rte 66, going north and south(across) in the photo starts near a dark patch of pavement.

Above the dark patch of Rte 66 near the Parade Route is where Mater's Junkyard Jamboree sits. The tractors are very hard to make out, but they follow the circles that are more easibly visible.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #131
Colo Nana
Gramma of 2, loves all things Disney!!

Tried to see if this was already posted didn't see it so if it is sry if not here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sSRk...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #132
sonjaandsue
Mouseketeer

Is it Flo's Diner that looks like the Enterprise?
sonjaandsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #133
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjaandsue View Post
Is it Flo's Diner that looks like the Enterprise?
Yes, that is the carbuerator element of it, and the valve covers with the sparkplugs sticking out.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #134
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo Nana View Post
Tried to see if this was already posted didn't see it so if it is sry if not here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sSRk...ature=youtu.be
Thanks, yes I posted it earlier when I had a chance.

Quote:
A Look down "The Road to Cars Land" in Blue Sky Cellar

This is a video of the current diplay in the Blue Sky Cellar which was updated about 2 months ago. Blue Sky Cellar is an open attraction that has been showing previews of DCA. You can visit the cellar, it's next to Wine Country Trattoria's patio.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...dventure-park/
Old 04-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #135
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

Quote:
Cars Land has three entrances. The Cross Street that runs east and west(up down) in about the middle or the photo. The Cross Street comes from Fliks Fun Fair and goes down to the Pacific Wharf where it goes through and arch in the rock.
Oh my. Yes, I see it. It looks to me like the quickest path from the CA's GCH entrance to RSR is through the Pacific Wharf dining area, right through all the picnic tables. I'd hate to be in that area at rope drop, when the stampede comes racing through to get to RSR

Last edited by GrandBob; 04-10-2012 at 10:28 AM.
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: