Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #46
larina
DIS Veteran

This is so exciting! Thanks for all the updates and links and information!!!!!
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #47
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Cars Land Merchandise from Ramone's House of Body Art and Champion's Custom Speed Shop.

Land specific as many people have been hoping for.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...dventure-park/

Quote:
Cruisin’ in style. Last week, I was able to give you a glimpse into what you can expect to find in some of our Cars Land locations. Well, wait no more, because I have your sneak peek at the actual product, hitting store shelves at Ramone’s House of Body Art this summer.

While I can’t show you everything, I tried to pick a few things that you might enjoy and that would give you the sense of what the Low & Slow Car Club is all about. You’ll find the logo and variations of it on an array of items, including – as you see above – shirts for work or play, hats and accessories.

Now, I can almost guarantee that you’ll hear the engines roar for this next collection, Champion’s Custom Speed Shop. This championship-winning line of merchandise depicts the classic car culture lifestyle. With its array of graphic tees for men and women, trucker and cabby hats, vintage Eisenhower-inspired coats and leather racing jackets, as well as custom tool-inspired drink ware, car plaques, and metal pin-stripe sculptures, this collection will have others saying Va-Va-Va-Vroom!

Are you geared up for either of these collections?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #48
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

I know the official opening day of Carsland is June 15, but will anything be open before then? Any thing at all? Any stores? Or anything at all new in any area of the park?

Just curious. We are thinking of going in early June, and will miss the official opening date, but I was just wondering if there will be anything new to see at all, in any portion of DCA?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #49
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I know the official opening day of Carsland is June 15,
That's incorrect. There is no known official opening day. That's just a rumor.

There are also rumors of AP previews. There is also a possibility that there may be soft openings. A soft opening is unannounced, can be for a very short period of time and may have resrictions on who can ride during them.

When anything official is known I will add it to this thread.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #50
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Fan Video of the new video in Blue Sky Cellar.

Shows Imagineers talking about building Cars Land with many shots inside the land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=3T-EheyWEEQ#!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #51
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
That's incorrect. There is no known official opening day. That's just a rumor.

There are also rumors of AP previews. There is also a possibility that there may be soft openings. A soft opening is unannounced, can be for a very short period of time and may have resrictions on who can ride during them.

When anything official is known I will add it to this thread.
Oh, okay. My apologies. A friend told me it was officially June 15, but clearly that info was wrong. Thank you for your information.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #52
azdisneylover
DIS Veteran

Skiingfast,
Thanks for this thread and all the updates! We appreciate it.
By any chance, do you know when the Ghiradelli shop will open and if the shop will take Ghiradelli gift cards? I hope they do because we love chocolate here!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #53
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdisneylover View Post
By any chance, do you know when the Ghiradelli shop will open and if the shop will take Ghiradelli gift cards? I hope they do because we love chocolate here!
Officially late Spring. This may mean June. As far as GCs, probably not. Many third parties operate inside Disney park gates, and I don't think any accept thier own GCs and in a few instance not Disney GCs either.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #54
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Fill er Up

Cars Land food with some details. Looks great at they appear to be inspired and different as is the current trand with DLR food. It also mention breakfast, something that only early hours demand and has been rare in DCA.

Quote:
The food is just as fun at the rest of spectacular Cars Land, with Disneyland Resort chefs having fun in the test kitchens. Here’s a sneak peek at some of their delicious creations debuting this summer.

With design inspired by the kitschy roadside eateries along on Route 66, Flo’s V8 Café starts with old-fashioned, filling breakfast dishes like chicken tamale with scrambled eggs, salsa verde and pico de gallo; or brioche French toast served with salted caramel and bananas. For lunch, we get a taste of the delicious, filling veggie-tater casserole with roasted veggies, bulgur wheat, Boca Crumbles and smashed red skin potatoes topped with melted cheddar. But it’s the sweet pies everyone’s waiting for, including apple-cheddar and cherry.

The adorable Cozy Cone Motel is a quick-service restaurant inspired by the quirky “wigwam” motels along Route 66. In the Cars Land version, each wigwam offers a different filled cone, such as “chili cone carne” or “cone on the cob.” Flavored popcorn is a fun offering at one of the five wigwams, including salt and vinegar, pickle, sweet and spicy, bacon and cheddar, and nacho cheese.

In the “Cars” movie, Fillmore is an advocate of natural products and makes his living by selling organic fuel, so Fillmore’s Taste-In is, appropriately, the spot for fresh fruit, bottled beverages and juices.

Stay tuned for more details – and the recipe for our favorite veggie-tater casserole.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #55
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Mmmmm, i saw this today. The pie looks wonderful! I love how Disney Parks Blog seems to have a new thing about Carsland just about every day. I'm getting really excited for its opening in just about 3 months.

Also, I'm really looking forward to trying the pickle flavored popcorn. Pickles are my favorite food, so it should be interesting...
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #56
tanyaewa
Just can't get enough!

Oh wow! Just LOVED that blue cellar video. So exciting.....
Old 03-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #57
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
I love how Disney Parks Blog seems to have a new thing about Carsland just about every day. I'm getting really excited for its opening in just about 3 months.
No doubt these videos are coming out often. It is surely to push the product that is going to get people to the gates. Very little about BVS tons about CL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyaewa View Post
Oh wow! Just LOVED that blue cellar video. So exciting.....
Quote:
Fan Video of the new video in Blue Sky Cellar.

Shows Imagineers talking about building Cars Land with many shots inside the land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=3T-EheyWEEQ#!
Being able to watch the video from afar, really raised my excitement.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #58
disneydreamer74
DIS Veteran

Mmmm..sign me up for the brioche with salted caramel and bananas!! yummo! I like that they are being creative with the menu instead of selling the same ol stuff you can find elsewhere in the parks!
1997-WDW-POR,1998-WDW -offsite,DLR-Aug. 2008-DLH,DLR-July 2009-Hyatt Regency,DLR-Aug.2010-Holiday inn Anaheim-Bella's 4th bday , July 2011-Hotel Menage/FFI, Jan '12- FFI, July '12- FFI, Hojo's/ PPH-June '13. Next trip...Jan. '14- FFI
My family:me-SuperMom and Travel Agent Extraordinairre, 40 DH, 35 our princess DD 7 yrs old
disneydreamer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #59
bakerudall
Real Boy

Quote:
It also mention breakfast, something that only early hours demand and has been rare in DCA.
Looks like more evidence that DCA will start opening the same time as DL, correct? This is great news.
bakerudall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #60
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Announcement of June 15th as the official opening date for Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...dventure-park/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: