Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #226
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
We have the chance to go for a couple of days in probably July or August, but I'm worried that it will be too busy compared to what we're used to - we usually go in early March or May.
It will be busier. If you can avoid going on these days in order of best to avoid....Saturday, Sunday, Friday. The weekdays will feel a little worse than weekend days in March and May. Just remember that DCA will feel much different in any case.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #227
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Park hours for the 15th are up and it has DCA opening at 10. We'll see tomorrow what the hours are for the 16th.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #228
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
Park hours for the 15th are up and it has DCA opening at 10. We'll see tomorrow what the hours are for the 16th.
The 15th went up a couple days ago on the entertainment schedule but then the next time I looked it sent me back to may, and then those later days dissapeared. On the park hours schedule I saw the same hours yesterday, it was strange they dissapeared from one place and not the other. There is a planned private opening ceremony which is probably why it has a late opening.

After the 15th I would expect DCA hours to go to 8am to 11pm as Disney has these expected hours posted on thier site for months.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #229
S. S. Columbia
DIS Veteran

The Carthay is nearing completion. All the scaffolding is gone and the marquee looks ready to go.

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/di...dir=2012_05_05

The Soarin' sign has been replaced/fixed.

No visible changes to the Taste Pilots sign

Photos by "DisneyGeek" (Saturday, May 5)

"I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place -- a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it." -Walt Disney

Last edited by S. S. Columbia; 05-06-2012 at 06:15 PM.
S. S. Columbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #230
S. S. Columbia
DIS Veteran

"The old Tough to Be a Bug Fastpass machine area is behind wraps. Internet speculation is this will be used as the Fastpass distribution area
for the Radiator Spring Racers to help with the expected crowding this summer. (Note the Racers do have their own FP area but rumor is it
will not be used till things calm down.)" -DisneyGeek

Photo by "DisneyGeek" (Saturday, May 5)

"I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place -- a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it." -Walt Disney

Last edited by S. S. Columbia; 05-06-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #231
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Inside Ramone's House of Body Art with Chip Foose

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...er-chip-foose/

Quote:
In the “Cars” movies, Ramone’s House of Body Art is home to a great car artist – the one and only Ramone. So when it came to providing inspiration and styling inside Ramone’s shops at Cars Land in Disney California Adventure park, we turned to the best in the business – Chip Foose.

Chip was the perfect choice in many ways. Chip not only styled Ramone’s various paint schemes for the “Cars” movies, but as owner of Foose Design in Huntington Beach, Calif., he’s world renowned for his designs of customized cars, paint and wheels. Every time we’ve needed an expert to help us out with car colors, wheel designs and other specialized designs, we’ve turned to Chip. He’s spent so much time with us that we consider him an honorary Cars Land team member!

Our guests will be able to experience Ramone’s House of Body Art in two places inside the land – downtown Radiator Springs where it’s a merchandise shop, and inside Radiator Springs Racers where we go to get our paint job freshened up as we head for the big race. Chip and his talented team of pinstripers – Dennis Ricklefs, Brad King and Jeff Styles – have been on site with us recently, adding the finishing touches to both of these locations. It has been so much fun to watch them transform the spaces into something Ramone would be truly proud of. Take a look at this video and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Of course, we want our guests to feel that it was really Ramone who added all these special touches to our land. Now you know it was really my good friend Chip Foose who was behind it all!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #232
Dexican
Mouseketeer

Okay, so I have to ask what changed on the Soarin sign?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #233
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexican View Post
They fixed it. The sign was missing a piece in recent weeks.
DLR 07/2014 (DLH), 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #234
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexican View Post
It used to have a delta shaped jet. The piece in the middle broke during a wind storm and they removed it. The new sign has a hang glider on it, like we ride in the attraction.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #235
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

The exciting new Carthay Circle Restaurant opens Friday, June 15, at Disney California Adventure park, with reservations open beginning today.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/reservations-open-today-for-carthay-circle-restaurant-at-disney-california-adventure-park/
I'm mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #236
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Additional news about Carthay Circle,Buena Vista street and Cars Land Restaurants.
From Disneyland news.com

New Menus, Favorite Eats At Expanded Disney California Adventure Park

From Fine Dining to Fast Casual, New Restaurants Play a Starring Role at Disney California Adventure Park

Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge Debut at Disney California Adventure Park

Last edited by I'm mikey; 05-10-2012 at 05:11 PM.
I'm mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #237
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

"Top Secret" Cars Land Commercial

i posted this in the OP yesterday and waited for Modern Family to air so people could be surprised during the shows commercial break. Then this morning the made the you tube video private. Last today they made a post about it on the Disney Park Blog.

Check out the neon and little peak inside RSR.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...dventure-park/
Old 05-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #238
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

love that commercial....made me give a BIG cheesy grin

Last edited by disneegrl4eva; 05-11-2012 at 12:52 PM.
disneegrl4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #239
S. S. Columbia
DIS Veteran

Not really an update, but Cars Land in the background is looking very nice.

Quote:
"Internet sensations Sophia Grace and Rosie were at Disney California Adventure park yesterday taping a
segment for “The Ellen Degeneres Show.”

Inside Cars Land, the two adorable cousins waved the chequered flag at Radiator Springs Racers, floated on
Luigi’s Flying Tires and visited the Cozy Cone Motel. There’s even a surprise appearance from one of Radiator
Springs’ most famous residents!

The segment is set to air on Tuesday, May 22, so be sure to tune-up, er, I mean, tune-in!"

- Disney Parks Blog (May 18)
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...dventure-park/

Old 05-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #240
S. S. Columbia
DIS Veteran

The construction walls have been pulled back from the Carthay Circle Theatre (CCT):

From twitter: @MouseWait, Photo credit: http://www.mousewait.com/disneyland/...-going-back-to

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: