Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #211
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Unbelievable. If WDW doesn't add this the Hollywood Studios, more and more folks will be heading west (where less customers are on-site and financially "captive"). Cars Land is the single reason why my family is doing just that.
haha have you been to wdw???? I think its safe to say that will never happen...I totally realize that RSR is NOT like test track but it is VERY similar..Im not saying the whole entire experience is the same because obviously its not the same decor or story or anything but once you take off in that car???? Im positive it will be the same....
Old 04-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #212
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Did you know? Tree in Cars Land.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...t-part-eleven/
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #213
fctiger
DIS Veteran

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qmmfqe.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/34o659g.jpg

Found this somewhere else, but taken from the video! Yeah the vegetation looks VERY good, especially for a 'desert'!
fctiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #214
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Storytellers Art Collection to debut on BVS in Elias and Company

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...dventure-park/

Quote:
New Storytellers Collection to Debut in Disney California Adventure Park

With just a little over five weeks to go before Buena Vista Street opens at Disney California Adventure park, here’s your first look at the art for one of the key programs, appropriately titled “Storytellers” and set to debut inside Elias & Co. While I could spend all day telling you why I’m a fan of this piece, I thought I’d turn it over to artist Noah and Product Developer Lisa Bergman, who were able to give me a bird’s-eye view on what inspired them to create this piece and on the magic that lives on in all of us.

“The main objective was to take the gorgeous ‘Storytellers’ statue that exists in the park and create a life-like scene,” says Noah. “I wanted this piece to have the 1920s sepia-tone feel that can be seen in old vintage photographs. When I painted it, I listened to Big Band music and imagined the sights, sounds, smells and even the weather, and tried to engulf my creativity in that same style. I tried to put myself in Walt Disney’s shoes or follow in his footsteps, as some would say. How excited he must have been on the trip out here, the challenges and dreams he wanted to overcome and achieve. I thought about the luggage he carried, how he lettered his name, and his identity. Walt Disney took the gift of creativity, believed in himself and leveraged it to impact the world with the idea of families coming together to enjoy life. He used stories as the vehicle and gave the child in each of us permission to play and use our imagination.” Noah went on to say, “Every day in some small way, we are a part of Walt’s dream, whether walking through the park, watching amazing movies or television, or just spending time together. It all started with a young cartoonist landing in Los Angeles, his friend Mickey Mouse in his heart, a trunk full of dreams and ambitions, and most importantly, a lifetime of stories to tell.”

There’s so much that went into this, explains Product Developer Lisa Bergman. Its influence came from Disney Archives ephemera, which included a rough sketch of the Hyperion Studios by Ward Kimball, archival photographs of the Hyperion Studios neon sign, Walt’s business card, and pre-1937 animated featurette posters. Representative of the Disney heritage, you will find the iconic “Storytellers” artwork on an array of sepia-tone items, including sublimated t-shirts, fleece sweatshirts, a supple leather jacket, limited edition art, collectibles and more.

Debuting alongside the “Storytellers” collection is a figural piece created by sculptor Rick Terry, whose 3D art you will find as the centerpiece of Buena Vista Street. Product Developer Lisa Bergman has given us the first look at this new sculpture, replicated from the original design. Take a peek!

For details on this new collection, special events and appearances by the artists, visit www.ArtofDisneyParks.com.

There’s only one word for me that describes this. Magic!

Last edited by skiingfast; 05-03-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #215
fctiger
DIS Veteran

Sounds cool!
fctiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #216
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
posted on May 4th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Carthay Circle Theatre, the iconic focal point of the new Buena Vista Street area coming to Disney California Adventure park on June 15, continues to take shape – and today we’re excited to bring you a look inside the exclusive, private 1901, which will be located inside.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/a-look-inside-the-exclusive-1901-in-carthay-circle-theatre-at-disney-california-adventure-park/
I'm mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #217
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

ABC 7 in LA gets the first look inside Carthay Circle Theater

To be clear this is mostly about Club 33

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id...67&pid=8647966
Old 05-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #218
S. S. Columbia
DIS Veteran

Signs of things to come are popping up all around Cars Land.

http://twitpic.com/9gfi5g

"I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place -- a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it." -Walt Disney
S. S. Columbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #219
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

from the disney parks blog

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/inside-carthay-circle-restaurant-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

This Restaurant is beautiful, cant wait to see it in person.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #220
DizFan13
DIS Veteran

I have tried to review previous posts to make sure I understand, but to clarify, how many restaurants will be in the theater? I know there is an ice cream shop, a Starbucks, and a counter service, but will there be a sit down for general guests in addition to 1901?
Old 05-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #221
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizFan13 View Post
I have tried to review previous posts to make sure I understand, but to clarify, how many restaurants will be in the theater? I know there is an ice cream shop, a Starbucks, and a counter service, but will there be a sit down for general guests in addition to 1901?
the Carthey Circle theatre will have 1 restaurant/lounge (carthay circle Restaurant) open to everybody, plus it also has the 1901 lounge which is only open to special club members.

the starbucks, ice cream shop and counter service is across the street on carthay circle, a part of buena vista street. these shops are in the area that use to be where the train themed building was.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #222
DizFan13
DIS Veteran

Thanks...I knew all of this information save the distinction between the exclusive restaurant versus the open table service. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #223
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

What are the crowd predictions for after June 15th? Crazy?
Old 05-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #224
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
What are the crowd predictions for after June 15th? Crazy?
I guess it depends when exactly you mean when you say after the 15th. Disney California Adventure Park is expected to have double digit growths in attendance. Line in Cars Land will probably be long for most if not all of Summer. Disneyland Park will probably only have a small change in attendance.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #225
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Yeah I was being pretty vague wasn't I?

We have the chance to go for a couple of days in probably July or August, but I'm worried that it will be too busy compared to what we're used to - we usually go in early March or May.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: