Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #196
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuet888 View Post
here are some new pics of cars land
I really LOVE the pic of the waterfall in radiator springs racers

http://www.disneylandnewstoday.com/?p=8195
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Cars Land Through a Photographer's Lense.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...dventure-park/

In the RSR entrance it has a Single Rider entrance on the far left.

PS. If you are not aware there were many camera crews in CL in the last few days. I imagine tv commercials should pop up soon.
And here is a post about the original source of the pictures.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #197
fctiger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And here is a post about the original source of the pictures.
Woah, single rider!!!!

I kept looking at the picture and couldnt see what you were talking about. Finally I blew it up and WOW!! Thats some good eyes lol and music to my ears!

Especially when its just me and my mother and she doesnt ride those types of rides, I usually just do FP or SR if its available or skip it the times I do take her and the thrill rides have neither of those options. Now I will two for RSR!
fctiger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #198
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fctiger View Post
Woah, single rider!!!!

I kept looking at the picture and couldnt see what you were talking about. Finally I blew it up and WOW!! Thats some good eyes lol and music to my ears!

Especially when its just me and my mother and she doesnt ride those types of rides, I usually just do FP or SR if its available or skip it the times I do take her and the thrill rides have neither of those options. Now I will two for RSR!
I had to expand it too, when I saw that thing hanging off the side. Then I looked at it and was surprised, since there hadn't been talk of a SR line. One thing scares me about it, it has a spot in the sign for that line's wait time. I've used SR lines a lot and found it to be wonderful, although not when it ever warranted its own wait time notice. This may be a mix of good and bad, but still probably better than stand by.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #199
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure Park
Quote:

posted on April 26th, 2012 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trolley Treats is heading down the track and into your hearts on June 15 at Disney California Adventure park. So what will you find when you look inside? Well…in the window of Trolley Treats (the new confectionery store on Buena Vista Street) will be a model of Rock Candy Mountain.

For those of you who may not know, Rock Candy Mountain was originally envisioned for Disneyland park as part of the Storybook Land Canal Boats. The Casey Jr. Circus Train would have traveled around it. It was Imagineer and Disney Legend Claude Coats who worked on concept art for the mountain back in 1957, and while the project was never built, the idea will live on in the whimsical model that guests can enjoy in the front window of the candy shop. Climb aboard, because this journey will take you across the Rio Fudge, through Taffy Valley and over Dew Drop Hills to Rock Candy Mountain.

So, come one, come all! Pound for pound, this unique shop will offer temptations for anyone with a sweet tooth. Selections from our candy makers will range from gourmet marshmallows and hand-pulled taffy to caramel apples, dipped strawberries, toffee, fudge and other seasonal favorites.

Crave something more? Watch our Candy Makers amaze and delight you as they bring the magic of gourmet Disney candy-making to life, right before your very eyes.

If you’re wondering what’s next door…well, I’m glad you asked. A few additional shops will line Buena Vista Street, including Kingswell Camera Shop (sure to ‘capture’ special memories) and Julius Katz & Sons (gadgets and decor galore), as well as Atwater Ink and Paint (you’ll feel right at home).

Trolley Treats will be one sweet stop and one sweet shop! Are you tempted to try it?
I'm mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #200
fctiger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had to expand it too, when I saw that thing hanging off the side. Then I looked at it and was surprised, since there hadn't been talk of a SR line. One thing scares me about it, it has a spot in the sign for that line's wait time. I've used SR lines a lot and found it to be wonderful, although not when it ever warranted its own wait time notice. This may be a mix of good and bad, but still probably better than stand by.

YEah agree, I never seen a SR line with a wait time board before and I done SR in every park worldwide. I'm guessing its for people who just assume SR will be a walk on but find out that you STILL have to wait (sometimes when I do Soarin SR for example, I ended up waiting 20 mins at times). This will give them a better idea I guess although FP still doesnt have a wait time, so it is odd.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:44 AM   #201
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Quote:
YEah agree, I never seen a SR line with a wait time board before and I done SR in every park worldwide. I'm guessing its for people who just assume SR will be a walk on but find out that you STILL have to wait (sometimes when I do Soarin SR for example, I ended up waiting 20 mins at times). This will give them a better idea I guess although FP still doesnt have a wait time, so it is odd.
The SR lines at WDW have them. Test Track and RnRC for sure. Can't remember if EE has a wait time for its SR.

Anyway, good to know that RSR will have SR, adding it to the many rides at DCA that have it.
Bouncy!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 AM   #202
fctiger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
The SR lines at WDW have them. Test Track and RnRC for sure. Can't remember if EE has a wait time for its SR.

Anyway, good to know that RSR will have SR, adding it to the many rides at DCA that have it.
Ok, cool! To be honest, have not been to WDW in quite a while so have not seen any of those. Crazy I been on both TT and RNRC, so I'm guessing they been added the last few years!

Just curious, but what is the average wait for SR on those?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #203
fctiger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm mikey View Post
Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure Park
Can NOT wait for this! According to the imagineers at D 23, its suppose to be about 5 feet tall and all working trollys so it will be a cool model! BVS just gets cooler and cooler!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #204
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Cars Land at Night Through a Photographer’s Lens at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on April 27th, 2012 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

Disneyparks Blog

Quote:
When night falls in Cars Land, all I can say is “get your camera ready!” For years, I’ve had the pleasure of discovering all the different photographs to be had at the Disneyland Resort once the sun goes down, so having the opportunity to explore all the new photo possibilities in Cars Land at night has been a real treat.

When you enter Cars Land at night, you’re going to want to walk down Route 66 and take in the spectacular lights and neon signs of Radiator Springs.

This photo was taken just outside Radiator Springs Racers. You can really see the shape of the front of a car come into view in the rockwork with the way it is lit at night (the grill to the left, hood ornament on top, and even a wheel well on the right). Be on the look out for more surprises in the rockwork, some things are easy to find and some are a little harder.

This photo is one of my favorites so far. The cars are close and you have great view of the mountain range. It was taken just after sunset and I used a slow shutter speed to show motion.

Check back soon as I will be sharing more photos from inside Cars Land. I’m thinking of sharing some pictures highlighting some of the amazing (and fun) detail you’ll see throughout Radiator Springs
I'm mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #205
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

I'm very excited to see CarsLand this June. Though I think my husband and I are psychotic for going the opening weekend..we didn't even realize it until after we booked everything , lol. Good way to start the year though it seems. I love seeing everything come together !
Old 04-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #206
fctiger
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone,

Disney released another Carsland/Buena Vista Street Video! Pretty cool, shows a lot more behind the scenes shots and how the lands are coming together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkv-00YXIwI

It looks like Disney is releasing something daily now, either pics or vids and sometimes both! We're starting to get spoiled now lol!!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #207
mystic_path
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them, Walt Disney

Quote:
Hey everyone,

Disney released another Carsland/Buena Vista Street Video! Pretty cool, shows a lot more behind the scenes shots and how the lands are coming together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkv-00YXIwI

It looks like Disney is releasing something daily now, either pics or vids and sometimes both! We're starting to get spoiled now lol!!
I agree. There is TONS of stuff popping up all the time now. They have just over a month until its open. They are gonna want to get people totally hyped up about this. That video is very cool!!! It got me excited for sure, but what I found fascinating is it was easy to forget the process we had to endure and watch as it was being built. I remember seeing clips of all this construction, but forgot some of the stages it went through to get it to look like how it does now. I am totally AMAZED and THANKFUL the wait is just about over!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #208
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Unbelievable. If WDW doesn't add this the Hollywood Studios, more and more folks will be heading west (where less customers are on-site and financially "captive"). Cars Land is the single reason why my family is doing just that.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #209
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

What a great video ! I was cheering watching and my husband just looks at me , lol. Then he saw it and got into it as well. This has me super excited..6 more weeks until we are there in person. I'm really thankful the wait is almost over and am more than ready to wait in line
Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #210
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Old news is no news.

This post from last week shows pictures from a media event in WDW. It includes pictures of a BVS model which from looking at it was probably the one shown at D23 Expo last August in Anaheim.

If you look through the pictures to avoid confusion remember two things.
A. There are pictures of the WDW's MK Fantasyland expansion mixed in, this has nothing to do with DLR.
B. The pictures of the BVS model are not of a model of the final product. A number of things seen in this old model have been changed and won't appear or will be different in the final product.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...els-in-detail/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: