Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #136
JoRo
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this is a repeat question do we know the height restrictions on the new rides?

Feb GCV 6 days
July - Costa Rica very excited
Oct GCV DD8, 9 year anniversary and halloween party
April 2015 DL
July Disney Cruise and WDW
Dec 2015 DL
HMM where to go 2016
JoRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #137
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Thanks for all the awesome info and previews! I'm really glad this will be open when we go next year. Looks like the perfect proving ground for my sometimes scared but Cars-lovin' DS. May have to be our first stop when we hit the park!
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #138
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
Oh my. Yes, I see it. It looks to me like the quickest path from the CA's GCH entrance to RSR is through the Pacific Wharf dining area, right through all the picnic tables. I'd hate to be in that area at rope drop, when the stampede comes racing through to get to RSR
Hard to say what will happen but Rope Drop may change a lot since the focus is likely to shift away from TSMM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoRo View Post
Sorry if this is a repeat question do we know the height restrictions on the new rides?
For Radiator Springs Racers 40"
Luigi's Flying Tires 32"

The first is confirmed by Disney. The second confirmed by multiple CMs who have tested LFT. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree's I haven't listed in the OP because there is not yet reliable confirmation.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #139
KaChow
Winning every race

Do we know if Flo's is going to be taking reservations?
Old 04-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #140
KaChow
Winning every race

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaChow View Post
Nope, answered my own question.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #141
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaChow View Post
No, there are no table service locations going into Cars Land. Only counter service and snacks.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #142
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
Thanks for all the awesome info and previews! I'm really glad this will be open when we go next year. Looks like the perfect proving ground for my sometimes scared but Cars-lovin' DS. May have to be our first stop when we hit the park!

Just checked out all the previews that show the rides being tested. Fantastic. Kids will love all 3 and the adults in the group will love 2 of them for sure. I can easily see DH getting carried away with the tires (mental note to make one of the kids ride with him on that one). Can't link due to my low post count but saw it on insidethemagic.net and it showed testing of all the rides.
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #143
kdubs
Earning My Ears

I'm planning a birthday trip for my soon-to-be 19-year-old son, and we'll be at DCA on 6/15 staying through 6/18. I'm wondering if there is any more info about the restaurant inside the Carthay Circle Theater. Is it opening on the 15th and can I make reservations there? We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Should I use the itinerary planning service to book something? And does anyone have any idea of the menu? Thanks in advance!
kdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #144
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubs View Post
I'm planning a birthday trip for my soon-to-be 19-year-old son, and we'll be at DCA on 6/15 staying through 6/18. I'm wondering if there is any more info about the restaurant inside the Carthay Circle Theater. Is it opening on the 15th and can I make reservations there? We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Should I use the itinerary planning service to book something? And does anyone have any idea of the menu? Thanks in advance!
Information on the new dining location open to the regular guests, and the 1901 Lounge for Club33 members is very limited.

We are just a few days from the two month mark, when dining reservations can be made. So we may hear more very soon, or they may hold off making reservations, for a while since it's a new location.

ETA: Today in a post about making reservations by email, Disney stated the Carthay Circle Restaurant will open on the 15th of June. It also mentioned that reservations are not availabl at this time, but suggest when they are it will be announce on the Disney Parks Blog and twitter. Hopefully this means more news coming out soon about this dining location.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...resort-guests/

Last edited by skiingfast; 04-12-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:44 AM   #145
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

With the sign posting rider requirements for MJJ visible over the wall, all information is confirmed.

Radiator Springs Racers, Height 40 inches or taller, Disney FASTPASS service
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Height 32 inches or taller
Luigi's Flying Tires, Height 32 inches or taller
Old 04-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #146
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
We are just a few days from the two month mark, when dining reservations can be made. So we may hear more very soon, or they may hold off making reservations, for a while since it's a new location.

ETA: Today in a post about making reservations by email, Disney stated the Carthay Circle Restaurant will open on the 15th of June. It also mentioned that reservations are not availabl at this time, but suggest when they are it will be announce on the Disney Parks Blog and twitter. Hopefully this means more news coming out soon about this dining location.
Regarding the Carthay Circle Restaurant. Since it's the 2 months mark today, I called Disney Dining. So far they have no information, other than the very general, it will exist and open on the 15th of June. They understand that kinks are being worked out and the menu is not complete. With no timeline they are hoping to get information and be able to make reservations soon, but suggest look at the Disney Parks Blog for information as that may come first.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #147
fctiger
DIS Veteran

Hey guys,

I just have a few speculative questions about the revamp. I know most of them will be more guess work, but maybe people know.

-In Carsland, do you think we will be able to see the Fireworks in that area like we can PP? That will be so cool if we could! I love watching them in PP overlooking the lagoon while they pop behind TLM buiding!

-Will the Fiffer, Fiddler and Practical Cafe will have an outdoor seating area? I would love it if BVS had its version of Coke Corner, Jolly Holiday area and you can sit outside to take it all in, even if its not very big. Also, has ANY info about the menu come out yet?

-I wonder how long will it take to get from BVS to TOT using the Trolly? Thats just more outside thinking I guess.

-Do you think there will be ANY features inside the CCT that people can walk in and admire or will it strictly be a restaurant/lounge? I know second floor will be the restaurant and I dont expect anything beyound maybe a small area that could be some tiny exhibit piece and a nice bar on the first floor, but just curious! I dont expect anything big as I know its been stated it will basically be a restaurant, but you can always hope!

Last edited by fctiger; 04-16-2012 at 03:40 AM.
fctiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #148
kdubs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Regarding the Carthay Circle Restaurant. Since it's the 2 months mark today, I called Disney Dining. So far they have no information, other than the very general, it will exist and open on the 15th of June. They understand that kinks are being worked out and the menu is not complete. With no timeline they are hoping to get information and be able to make reservations soon, but suggest look at the Disney Parks Blog for information as that may come first.
Thanks so much for following up so extensively for us! I'll keep checking the Disney Parks blog and I think I'll ask Itinerary Planning to try to book something for that weekend. If I hear anything, I'll let everyone here know. (Although I have a feeling you'll beat me to it! )
kdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #149
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fctiger View Post
Hey guys,

I just have a few speculative questions about the revamp. I know most of them will be more guess work, but maybe people know.

-In Carsland, do you think we will be able to see the Fireworks in that area like we can PP? That will be so cool if we could! I love watching them in PP overlooking the lagoon while they pop behind TLM buiding!
Probably yes. One of the things discussed at the D23 Expo last August was having a premium place in the Carthay Circle Theater to see DL fireworks. With CL being further back from CCT, I suspect there will be a sightline to DL's fireworks.

Quote:
-Will the Fiffer, Fiddler and Practical Cafe will have an outdoor seating area? I would love it if BVS had its version of Coke Corner, Jolly Holiday area and you can sit outside to take it all in, even if its not very big. Also, has ANY info about the menu come out yet?
No idea on seating, but DLR likes to provide outside seating wherever possible so it would not surprise me.

I have seen nothing about menus. Heck, even the CCT menu seems to be under wraps.

Quote:
-I wonder how long will it take to get from BVS to TOT using the Trolly? Thats just more outside thinking I guess.
132.5 seconds. Flat.

Really, there are rumors of singers on the trolley and such. So no way to know if the trolley will stop or go continuously.

Quote:
-Do you think there will be ANY features inside the CCT that people can walk in and admire or will it strictly be a restaurant/lounge? I know second floor will be the restaurant and I dont expect anything beyound maybe a small area that could be some tiny exhibit piece and a nice bar on the first floor, but just curious! I dont expect anything big as I know its been stated it will basically be a restaurant, but you can always hope!
I suspect yes. Things that pay tribute to Snow White would be obvious.
DLR 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #150
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
132.5 seconds. Flat.

Really, there are rumors of singers on the trolley and such. So no way to know if the trolley will stop or go continuously.
Just speculation. The Red Car Trolley's will probably only move about as fast as the Horse Drawn Trolley in Disneyland Park. Both being limited by the foot traffic on the street. Not sure on the HDT in DL but on the Omnibus it took about 3 minutes according to a video I have.

The track lenth of the RCT is about 1.5-1.75 times the length of DL's HDT. So this would be about 5 minutes from BVS to ToT. Though there is another thing to factor in.

The RCT doesn't just go end to end. It has a stop in Carthay Circle. In some plans also a stop in in Hollywood, though this may or may not happen. There had not been built a station in Hollywood, though maybe it won't need a structure just a easily built sign. Picture below which you can see in the Blue Sky Wine Cellar in DCA, notes the Hollywood East and West stops.

Additionally this may add some time, though not during the travel. At the end of the line the Trolley's charge their batteries. They do this by induction the same way the Finding Nemo Submarines do. So while simpler to load and unload than the subs, there turn around time may be similiar.

Quote:
On the physical model of BVS there are some umbrella tables, only a strip lining the building front. You can see them in the drawing above. Not the big circles, the tiny ones between them and the building.

Last edited by skiingfast; 04-16-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: