Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #16
hayesfamof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoMickey View Post
Hi everyone,

Can't wait for this cruise. It will be myself, DW, and three DDs (ages, 14, 11, and 8). Also coming along will be my Mother-in-law and Father-in-law. We are also travelling with another family and it will be their first cruise! This will be our fourth cruise with DCL and our first time to Bahamas. I know it's early but what is everyone planning for shore excursions?
We are planning to go to Atlantis in the Bahamas and do something like a museum in Key West.
*Disney Dream-3 nights-May 19, 2011
hayesfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #17
kteesmumma
DIS Veteran

I would love to get a Fish Extender together for this cruise. This will be our very first DCL cruise. So excited
May 2010 - Offsite, May 2011 POP/POFQ, April 2012 POP/CBR, July 2012 AofA, Dec 2012 POP, April 2013 AofA/WL

kteesmumma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #18
Dgentrysim
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! My DH (Rick) and I (Debra) will be joining all of you on the happiest cruise shipin the world! It will just be my DH and I on the cruise. This will be our 4th cruise on the Disney Magic. We went on the Mediterranean cruise last year and just came back on the western transatlantic cruise this past Sept. We had the best time, especially with all the people we got to know ahead of time through disboards! We had the fever so bad that husband went ahead and booked this cruise (we had to change the dates twice because of Mother's Day and our son's graduation from college! So hoping this date is a keeper! lol ) We are hoping to sign up for the 2013 DVC Members cruise (for Jan. 2013) next week-end, so keep fingers crossed for us! ) Look forward to chatting and getting to know many of you before the cruise!

[IMG]
Dgentrysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #19
Southern Sailaway
Mouseketeer

I'm working on a group outing for this cruise. So far its me, DW, my sister, her husband and their three kids. There may still be a few others joining us.
Southern Sailaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #20
delsdad
Earning My Ears

We will be on the Magic for this cruise as well. Myself, DW, and the birthday girl DD turning 9. We are traveling with her 2 god fathers as well to celebrate the birthday.
After doing the 4 night cruises on Wonder and the Dream, the five night cruise is something we are really looking forward to!
delsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #21
Dgentrysim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Sailaway View Post
I'm working on a group outing for this cruise. So far its me, DW, my sister, her husband and their three kids. There may still be a few others joining us.
What kind of a group outing are you planning? At Key West? Nassau? We are just planning to hit the pavement in Key West. We have a few "touristy" things we want to do and a few bars that were recommended to us. Not a whole lot of time to thoroughly explore so we just want to sample some of Key West and then go back another time for a longer stay. When we were on the WBTA this past Sept., we had the best time at Castaway Cay. We went back in 1999 with our sons and boy! has it changed a lot! Love the new slide! We can't wait to go back.

[IMG]
Old 12-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #22
Southern Sailaway
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgentrysim View Post
What kind of a group outing are you planning?
I'm sorry for the confusion. I just meant that we might be adding more friends and family members. Organizing a group of our peeps is much like herding cats. We have maybes from 7 adults and 4 kids in addition to the 4 adults and 3 kids already locked in.

We've been to Key West many times, so we'll probably just do something low key that day -- maybe go out to the reef and float about and snorkel. It is unfortunate that our time is limited there, a lot of the signature Key West activities like Mallory Square sunset or the best bar-based people watching really take place after we have to be back on board.

We're planning to get a cabana for Castaway Cay, I'm really looking forward to that day. Our booking window opens a couple of days before Christmas so that must mean the cruise is getting close to being a reality!
Southern Sailaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #23
Dgentrysim
DIS Veteran

Sure hope this site gets a little bit.....er-r-r-r a "lot bit".....noiser after the first of the year! Need to have some more people sign on and LOADS more conversations!! lol Hm-m-m-m-m-m.....maybe Christmas has people too busy to come on disboards to chat.....EGADS! I didn't know anyone got too busy to not be able to get on disboards! I'm just sayin'.........................

Hope everyone has a magical week-end!

[IMG]
Old 12-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #24
targetdad
Earning My Ears

DW, DD12, DD11, DS11, DD5, and I will be there. This will be our second Diseny cruise taking our first one in Sept 2011- 3 days on the Dream.

We are planning a tour at Key West but staying on the boat at Nassau.

We are also looking at going to NASA the day before(April 19).
targetdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #25
Dgentrysim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetdad View Post
DW, DD12, DD11, DS11, DD5, and I will be there. This will be our second Diseny cruise taking our first one in Sept 2011- 3 days on the Dream.

We are planning a tour at Key West but staying on the boat at Nassau.

We are also looking at going to NASA the day before(April 19).
Welcome! So glad you will be taking the cruise with us. DH and I will probably stay on the boat at Nassau too.....we went years ago and later wished we had stayed on the boat! lol We may go to Atlantis to the aquarium since we've not done that.

Looks like you have plenty of children to enjoy a "good ole' Disney time"! Look forward to chatting more with you and once again, welcome on board!

[IMG]
Old 12-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #26
isrudy
Earning My Ears

Talking We cant wait

Looking forward to our first disney cruise with DW and two DDs (age 11 & 6) Were located in pennsylvania where its currently cold which has given me incentive research about our cruise. Anyone else interested in FE? Being a first timer Im not sure how it works but my daughters have informed me that we must participate.
isrudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #27
AddictedtoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayesfamof4 View Post
We are planning to go to Atlantis in the Bahamas and do something like a museum in Key West.
Hi hayesfamof4, do you plan to go to Atlantis through DCL or on your own? Have you looked at the option of getting a room to make it cheaper? I'm just starting to look into it...

AddictedtoMickey

OKW Nov. '02
PO Riverside/Liki Tiki Village '05
PO Riverside '06
PO Riverside '07
7-day Magic Western April 2008 PO Riverside April 2008
PO Riverside April 2009
7-day Magic Eastern (Tortola) Dec 2009 Universal Dec 2009
7-day Magic Eastern (St. Maarten) May 2011 PO Riverside May 2011
AddictedtoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #28
AddictedtoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hello everyone! My DH (Rick) and I (Debra) will be joining all of you on the happiest cruise shipin the world! It will just be my DH and I on the cruise. This will be our 4th cruise on the Disney Magic. We went on the Mediterranean cruise last year and just came back on the western transatlantic cruise this past Sept. We had the best time, especially with all the people we got to know ahead of time through disboards! We had the fever so bad that husband went ahead and booked this cruise (we had to change the dates twice because of Mother's Day and our son's graduation from college! So hoping this date is a keeper! lol ) We are hoping to sign up for the 2013 DVC Members cruise (for Jan. 2013) next week-end, so keep fingers crossed for us! ) Look forward to chatting and getting to know many of you before the cruise!
Hi Rick and Debra,
Nice to have you aboard! I'm sure the Mediterranean cruise and transatlantic were fantastic! We've only been on the 7-day cruises previously. We shortened this one due to oldest daughter being in grade 9 and we like to include WDW in the trip as well.

OKW Nov. '02
PO Riverside '06
PO Riverside '07
PO Riverside April 2009
Old 12-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #29
AddictedtoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Welcome! So glad you will be taking the cruise with us. DH and I will probably stay on the boat at Nassau too.....we went years ago and later wished we had stayed on the boat! lol We may go to Atlantis to the aquarium since we've not done that.

Looks like you have plenty of children to enjoy a "good ole' Disney time"! Look forward to chatting more with you and once again, welcome on board!
Hi everyone and welcome,
Quick question: I've never been to Nassau before. Why stay on the ship? Any bad experiences in Nassau?

Thanks,

AddictedtoMickey

OKW Nov. '02
PO Riverside '06
PO Riverside '07
PO Riverside April 2009
Old 12-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #30
Dgentrysim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoMickey View Post
Hi Rick and Debra,
Nice to have you aboard! I'm sure the Mediterranean cruise and transatlantic were fantastic! We've only been on the 7-day cruises previously. We shortened this one due to oldest daughter being in grade 9 and we like to include WDW in the trip as well.
Hey! The Med. and Transatlantic cruises were awesome! We had the fever of cruising when we came back from the Trans. cruise, that my DH booked this cruise! lol We are really looking forward to this cruise just to relax! We've done Nassau and Castaway, but haven't been to Key West. Key West is what we are so excited about! We usually include a visit to WDW too, but we are going down in July with our boys and their girlfriends, so just the cruise in April. Look forward to chatting with you as time progresses!

[IMG]

Tags
april 2012, cruise, meets

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: