Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #61
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
Poor girl!

You can share these with Katie...

1) my mom forced me to try escargo... I tossed it in our hotel room a couple hours later. I swear it was the snails... she, to this DAY, swears I had the flu...

2) Family Thanksgiving,I tell my folks I. That I feel terrible. They tell me to go lay. Down. Shortly after, they pull me out of bed to go over to Sears for a portrait of all the cousins...you can guess what happened next... I tossed it OVER my cousin's shoulder, right onto the studio floor.

I still get crap, but not as bad as my cousin... he dropped me on my head when he was 2 and I was 6 weeks old.

We've all got SOMETHING in our past.
LOL! So that explains it!

OK, so that was a cheap shot. Sorry about that!

But I still don't think I'll get her to 'Ohana!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #62
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Caught up...
I was really fallin behind. Love the pics... The grumpy face is too darn cute. I also cant believe how many characters you saw! Awesome!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #63
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
LOL! So that explains it!

OK, so that was a cheap shot. Sorry about that!

But I still don't think I'll get her to 'Ohana!
I stand by me being left brain hindered...

It was worth a shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Caught up...
I was really fallin behind. Love the pics... The grumpy face is too darn cute. I also cant believe how many characters you saw! Awesome!
Sorry! I'm moving quickly to ensure I actually finish the TR in a timely manner! Life is about to get nuts (but you no NOTHING about that do ya???)

We made characters a priority that day and our day was WONDERFUL!
Old 07-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #64
kwitcherkicken99

Day 3 – Gee guys, what are we going to do today?

We got a late start in DHS since we stopped for breakfast. Our party split momentarily. Norma headed to Guest Services to pick up a GAC. The drawback was that they wrote it for 1 day and 1 day only.

Leia and I took a chance for Jedi Training Academy sign-up and we missed it. We got there too late! We went from there over to the exit of Muppets for the most anticipated parts of our trip.

DS took his Halloween outfit with us – he dressed as Phineas for MNSSHP last fall. He decided not to wear his outfit to breakfast as he explained, “I’m NOT going to wear my Phineas outfit to breakfast because I’m going to eat something VERY messy!” We got him changed and met up with our group. I made a small pit stop at one of the carts outside Muppets to pick up something for E’s and my December trip. DS decided to trade one of his pins.

[Grandma Norma came prepared with enough pins to give EACH kid 5 pins per day to trade.]

The Phineas and Ferb Play and Greet was well set up. The whole story is that Phineas and Ferb were making a movie and they need participants for filler shots to complete the film. It really does help pass the time. Just remember, if you get picked, you don’t keep your spot in line. Others can and will pass you.

We got up to meet the boys and the kids were floored! Phineas noticed DS’s outfit and just had to show his character handler. She went on and on about his clothes and loved DS’s shoes!

From there, we stopped at Muppets 3-D, one of my favorite attractions. The muppets have a very special place in my heart.

After Muppets, we set off to complete an attraction I had never done before… TSM.

Yes. You read that correctly. I refuse to wait in line for it, therefore, we passed by every time. It was a lot more fun than the home game, but I could do without all the big spins. Next time, I’ll know to take my motion sickness meds!

At the exit of TSM, look who we ran into!

From there, we popped over to Andy’s room to see some old friends.

We also decided to see if Mike or Sully were out. We found Mike! (The first time I’d ever seen him!)

By this point, 3 of the 4 kids were pooped. DD and Bella had already passed out and DS wasn’t far behind. Debbie sat with the little girls and DS while the rest of us headed for ToT. DS didn’t like Splash Mtn on our last trip so he opted out of ToT. As far as I’m concerned… we had THE BEST ToT sequence ever! We dropped 5 times and the last one was a full up and down so we were weightless for at least 5 seconds. Philip loved it and begged to go again, but we had to get back to Debbie and the kids.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #65
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I love that your trip report is so meet and greet heavy. I just love all these pictures, it's awesome!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #67
Mrs. Sojourner
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your TR; can't wait to read more! Your kids are adorable! Of course I am pretty partial to redheads since I have three also.

Have Stayed at: AS Sport, ASM, CSR, POR & PBH (USF)
Check out my PTR! From West Africa to WDW; talk about some culture shock!

My Blog: Mrs. Sojourner's Monologues
Old 07-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #68
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Again lovin' your trip report, glad you guys had a great time and finally got to meet "The Boys." So really... the spin on TSM made you a tad woozy? huh, well that doesn't look good for Star Tours then in December. I sure don't want you tossing your cookies on me or my mum
Old 07-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #69
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post

What’s that I hear??? Uncle Murphy is calling??? We discovered later on that day that we lost an SD camera card sometime at O’Hana. All of the pictures from the pool on our arrival day and Sea World are now gone. To this day, we’ve not been able to locate the card.
My DD has that same dress and it is absolutely one of my favorites , so cute an flowy.
I lost an SD card this past trip too. And we called everwhere and everyone and it was never found. Luckily I was using 3 cameras, so most of my pictures not lost. But there are a few times when I used that one exclusively for an hour or two. I feel for you all!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #70
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I was just wondering how the P & F meets and greets were going. How long did you wait in line? I see it starts at 10am, what time did you get in line for it? We only have just over 1/2 day at DHS in Sept and P&F is a must for my DD & DH.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 07-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #71
shocky5
DIS Veteran

I love the time out pics and I love the pic of your kiddos in Muppets 3D and your DD's glasses are on upside down! So cute! P & F looked like fun!

I'm glad you tried TSM. I didn't think about forewarning you of the spinning?? Sorry about that...

The Last of the OCD Type A Planners to get her TR started - December 2011 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post43707322

Feb'15*PHM*AKL*May'14*AOA Vacation*Dec'11*Poly Xmas*May'09*Poly Vacation*June'07*Poly Vacation*Feb'89*MK-EP*offsite*June'88*Disneyland*offsite*February'88* EP*offsite
Old 07-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #72
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I love that your trip report is so meet and greet heavy. I just love all these pictures, it's awesome!
Character hunting is something that my kids live for on these trips. I think it helps take up some of the time that we would otherwise riding the E-ticket attractions plus the interactions make the kids so happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm just starting to get caught back up. I love the condo. How fabulous!
What are Pop up characters?
Occasionally, a character or two will "pop-up" unannounced at the International Gateway or at the Millenium Village gate. So the pop-up part solely means unannounced. It's usually for characters in training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Sojourner View Post
Enjoying your TR; can't wait to read more! Your kids are adorable! Of course I am pretty partial to redheads since I have three also.
Howdy!

Thanks for the compliment on the kids! I happen to find them pretty cute myself! We did not expect DD to be a red head. I told the doctor when we found out that I was pregnant the second time that I didn't care if we had a boy or a girl, my only request was for a non-blonde! I didn't want to be the only brunette in the family! When DD arrived, the doc said, "you wanted dark hair??? You got it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
Again lovin' your trip report, glad you guys had a great time and finally got to meet "The Boys." So really... the spin on TSM made you a tad woozy? huh, well that doesn't look good for Star Tours then in December. I sure don't want you tossing your cookies on me or my mum
[yes]

I can say there is absolutely no way I can try ST. I heard it made some of the Imagineers wozy with some of the new scenes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
My DD has that same dress and it is absolutely one of my favorites , so cute an flowy.
That dress is one of her favorites as well. I think she'd wear it every day if I let her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I was just wondering how the P & F meets and greets were going. How long did you wait in line? I see it starts at 10am, what time did you get in line for it? We only have just over 1/2 day at DHS in Sept and P&F is a must for my DD & DH.
I thought the P&F greet was well set up. Having the CMs out doing stuff made the wait seem a lot shorter. I want to say we got lined up around 10:30. We did miss the first outing and the boys went to the back for a bit. I think we maybe waited 15-20 mimnutes total. If you can get lined up right away (like 9:30a) you should be in and out in no time. Whatever you do, just don't volunteer to be part of the little extras. It WILL increase your wait time and people DO go around your group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky5 View Post
I love the time out pics and I love the pic of your kiddos in Muppets 3D and your DD's glasses are on upside down! So cute! P & F looked like fun!

I'm glad you tried TSM. I didn't think about forewarning you of the spinning?? Sorry about that...
DD has a small nose so glasses don't stay on her face the regular way. She even does that with sunglasses.

As for TSM... yeah, that was a surprise! It whipped around a lot quicker than I expected!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #73
kwitcherkicken99

Day 3 – DHS afternoon naps all around

Linzie, Leia, and I ran over to do a quick spin on RnRC too, so again, Debbie stayed with the kids. Norma sat this one out too.

I COMPLETELY forgot a conversation we had with the 4th person in our car...

FLASHBACK: When I went to WDW with my familly in April of 2009, I told DH that I HAD to ride EE. He doesn't do coasters and the kids were 6 mo and 2.5 yrs, so I took advantage of the single rider line. I plopped down in the seat next to my riding partner. She turned to me and asked, "You're not a puker are you?"

She must have noticed the shock on my face and I saw relief come over hers when I hastily replied, "no."

She told me that she hated asking people that, but she had a good reason. Because this one time, on a rollercoaster...

I told Linzie and Leia about that story, and being the 3rd wheel on this particular limosine ride, I felt obligated to have a go at my riding partner.

We get seated and I turn to her, "you ever do this before?"

"No."

"How do you handle coasters?"

"Well... I'm a little nervous. Does this go upside down??"

!!!!!
She did great, and even listened to our prompt for the picture! After we done with the ride, we asked her what she thought and she replied that she loved it. Thank God she wasn't a puker.

Now I return you to my regularly scheduled TR:

FYI – Debbie doesn’t do rides. Except POTC…

We get back to our spot to find DS passed out with the girls. We decided to pop over to B&TB while they slept. Norma wanted a break so she and Debbie swapped out and we took off to the theater.

I really enjoyed the show. Gaston was a hoot! I’m sorry to say I forgot my ticket to the gun show, but he handed out some passes!

It was getting late in the day and as the kids began to wake up, we decided to head for Disney Junior. Forgetting that this was a non-F! night we were on board to see Mickey and friends, but then I remembered about Characterpalooza and convinced our group to do it instead.

I’m going to skip pictures from Characterpalooza for just a minute… I promise. I’m going to finish our day and I promise the next post will be all about characters!

From there, I took the kids through One Man’s Dream. I want the kids to know who was behind this place we call so magical. DS is starting to really catch on to who Uncle Walt was and what he how he innovated new methods of entertainment.

They even opted to stay for the movie!

We decided on one more trip on TSM. From there, we headed for Star Tours.

[ring… ring… “Hello? Not YOU again!”]

That’s right…. we weren’t watching the time. It was now after 7:30 and DHS was closed for evening EMH. The boys were devastated. Norma chatted with the CM at the gate and told them flat out that we blew it and now she had two boys that were crushed. She asked if there was ANY way that they could ride Star Tours. The CM called over the attraction manager and they let the whole party ride. I can’t do simulation rides very well so I stayed behind with the girls who managed to find ways to kill time while we waited.

We were done. Tired, fulfilled, ready to leave. On our way out, DD cries out, “Pluto! Mommy! Pluto! Picture!!”

Again, the crowds were great for the day. Following the recommended days was REALLY working out for us. We didn't need to bother with a touring plan, which was kind of nice with all the little hiccups we were having!

And again, we were beat… so once we got home, we dialed our favorite extension.

Last edited by kwitcherkicken99; 07-02-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #74
kwitcherkicken99

I was going to make you wait, but that would just be mean of me...

Characterpalooza

We took the back entrance into the Animation Academy (through the gift shop). Debbie and Linzie went off to do the class and had a blast. Here are the friends that we saw:

I think DS has a crush…

It was a special treat to see the Snow Queen as we met her counterpart at MNSSHP last fall.

We all saw Smee, and it was funny… he noticed that he and DS were dressed similarly. It was too cute! Smee noted that he didn’t like our green pen… it was too close to Peter Pan. I just had to show him the cover of DS’s book as well.

After Smee, we got in line to see Mary Poppins, but DS decided he wanted to see Pooh Bear instead.

**Note to self… recheck the camera after being in a well lit area before trying to take pictures in an area that is not…

The kids all wanted to see Mickey, so off we went.

When we were done with Mickey we turned the corner to see a villain. DD cries out, “BAD GUY!!!”

I heard a few of the training CMs laugh and repeat what she said. Jafar didn’t disappoint with his regalness.

We headed around the corner to see a couple of nuts…

They had quite the battle with our pens! [Dale won by the way…]

We went back over to see Pocohontas and Meeko.

And we finished our time out with Pluto and Minnie.

Frozone did swap out with Mrs. Incredible but we decided to see everyone else instead of doing the Incredibles line again. DS has not let me forget that he wanted to see Frozone, but we flat ran out of time.

This was the last thing we saw as we left the Academy.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #75
21hearts
I <3 Walt Disney World

I like your style of posting a TR! Its usually days between updates but not yours.

That's so great that the CM's let the whole group ride Star Tours.

I love love love the character pictures. I told my DH who you met and he instantly said that we have to do that.

9/26 - MNSSHP with the BFF
10/10-10/11 - Celebrate my little sisters birthday

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: