Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #31
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
What was the room number... I want to request it next time!

You know, I think our December trips might overlap. So I'm afraid I can't divulge that information......
Old 06-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #32
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
You know, I think our December trips might overlap. So I'm afraid I can't divulge that information......
But... but... BUT!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #33
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But... but... BUT!!!!!!
Ah heck, the room's really too big for just us. Wanna share? Invite some friends too. Katie and I just kept getting lost in there by ourselves......
Old 06-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #34
kwitcherkicken99

I have a terrible sense of direction though...

Does it come with a room map as well as a property map???

[psst.... you missed an update!]

I'm on a roll!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #35
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

2 updates in one day! My threat must have done the trick.

Loving the story so far, though I have to say it still is crazy that you have not essentially done anything except walk I'm jealous you got to see the topiaries maybe they will be a permanent resident? or were the others one still in the front as well? If so then I REALLY will be jealous. We really need to work on Lucy's photo etiquette, she like never looks at a the camera
Old 06-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #36
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
2 updates in one day! My threat must have done the trick.

Loving the story so far, though I have to say it still is crazy that you have not essentially done anything except walk I'm jealous you got to see the topiaries maybe they will be a permanent resident? or were the others one still in the front as well? If so then I REALLY will be jealous. We really need to work on Lucy's photo etiquette, she like never looks at a the camera
It was nearly today...

Well, consider our EP options... the kids wanted rides so that leaves TT, Soarin', Maelstrom, and Gran Fiesta (I do not count Ellen's as a ride...). The only ones Lucy can do are Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta. I had to save Figment for the rest of the group.

All the kids wanted to do was find characters... and HEY! I lost 10 lbs on vacation!

As for her actually looking at the camera, remember, she's 2 and on her own schedule. She'll look at some, but not others. I'm still working on it.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #37
kwitcherkicken99

Where is everyone? Am I boring you???

Am I moving too quickly?

Do I need better links?

HELP! This is my first TR!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #38
shocky5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Where is everyone? Am I boring you???

Am I moving too quickly?

Do I need better links?

HELP! This is my first TR!
I'm here!!!

Great TR! Love everything about it - the pics are great!

How did you manage to be in what seems to be an empty EP?

The Last of the OCD Type A Planners to get her TR started - December 2011 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post43707322

Feb'15*PHM*AKL*May'14*AOA Vacation*Dec'11*Poly Xmas*May'09*Poly Vacation*June'07*Poly Vacation*Feb'89*MK-EP*offsite*June'88*Disneyland*offsite*February'88* EP*offsite
Old 06-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #39
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I like your Queen of Hearts Photo. We still haven't run into her. We were told she was going to be in one place, but no luck. I think that Disney should leave the nice Cars shrubs, such a nice photo!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 06-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #40
kwitcherkicken99

We got there at 9. NO one was there in the morning (at least where we headed).

By starting in the back first, we had lots of elbow room.

Plus it was the recommended day according to Touring Plans.

ITA... they should leave the topiaries up. All the others were down after the Flower & Garden festival, but the Cars topiary was put out WAY late. So they left it up a little longer.

And this completely OT but semi-curly hair + humidity = PITA!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #41
21hearts
I <3 Walt Disney World

I'm here! Had a very busy day with doctor appointments for Rachel today.

So WOW what a apartment! I'm speechless.

Okay so the only characters I've ever seen at the World Showcase are Donald Duck (& this was years ago) and Aurora last March. This trip I am determined to see some more characters.

9/26 - MNSSHP with the BFF
10/10-10/11 - Celebrate my little sisters birthday

Old 06-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #42
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I'm in!

And may I say, nice digs.

And holy carp, you pulled this trip together quickly.

And I'm all about character meet and greets, so I'm loving your start in Epcot!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #43
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hearts View Post
I'm here! Had a very busy day with doctor appointments for Rachel today.
Were these routine check-up visits??? [I hope]

Quote:
So WOW what a apartment! I'm speechless.
We were REALLY lucky. That was the second thing I told my husband (after "get the bail money ready") Norma didn't tell ANY of us that she booked the presidential suite. We even got a prime location. The rooms are so big, they can only fit 5 on one side (of our floor) and 6 on the other. (The room next to us was the showcase room.) I saw we lucked out because we were on the top floor AND facing the pool. It was great!

Quote:
Okay so the only characters I've ever seen at the World Showcase are Donald Duck (& this was years ago) and Aurora last March. This trip I am determined to see some more characters.
Okay... here is where we found everyone:
UK - Mary Poppins and Alice meet on the main path across from Yorkshire fish and chips CS place. Alice stands in front of a little cottage, Mary Poppins is just up the path. We didn't stop for either girl this time. Totally the kid's call.

Pooh and usually Tigger meet in the toy shop in the UK. The WS Players do little shows on the path that leads to the toy shop.

OCCASIONALLY you will see training meet and greets at the International Gateway dock and the Millenium Village gate (the BIG brown gate in between Canada and the UK). I have NEVER been lucky enough to catch the M&G at Millenium Village.

FRANCE - Aurora meets on a path the the far right (as you are facing the pavilion) near the water (closest to the I-Gateway).

Marie meets at the tall round thingy that is covered with all the flyers and such. You will cross her meeting ground BEFORE you reach Aurora if you are coming from the UK.

Belle and Beast meet just past the crepe station as you head towards Morocco.

MOROCCO - Alladin and Jasmine met on the main pathway across from the pavilion near the World Showcase lagoon.

GERMANY - Snow White meets at her wishing well which is on the far left (again, I'm moving counter-clockwise around WS). It's kind of tucked away and you wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking for it. FYI - the line starts near the big door, not by the building. Learned that from experience.

CHINA - Mulan meets either right on the main path OR near the theater.

MEXICO - Donald meets just before the pyramid in that little alcove where the mariachi band plays.

Biggest thing to remember: most of the characters are gone by 4 - so get there early!

You can also see Stitch and Daisy near the entrance of EP, just past the gates, and also the Fab 5 at the Character Spot, though personally, I HATE waiting there... it ALWAYS takes forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I'm in!

And may I say, nice digs.

And holy carp, you pulled this trip together quickly.

And I'm all about character meet and greets, so I'm loving your start in Epcot!
I was pretty much doing all the planning and keeping tabs on their trip dates because my buddy works 3 jobs and her mom keeps equally busy. I had the time so I kept up with everything. Plugging us into the equation was as easy as Shake 'n Bake.

[BTW - I'm all caught up on your's and Amanda's TR - I just haven't commented yet!!!]
Old 06-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #44
kwitcherkicken99

EP Part 2 – in the golden afternoon

After we saw Belle, we broke for our picnic lunch and then continued through France where DD saw “kitty”. I asked if they wanted to stop to see Marie and they asked to see her too. By the time we got up to Marie, DD chickened out again, so only DS went up to see her.

Just as we finished with Marie, we heard Princess Aurora was due to make an appearance at any moment. We grabbed our things and went over to her spot. DD didn’t hear me say who we were going to see next, so she started jumping up and down when Briar Rose came down the path.

She is probably the BEST Aurora we have met so far. Such a sweetie! The time was drawing near for Beast to make his first appearance for the day so we piled into the stroller again and backtracked past the crepe station to get in a MASSIVE line. Beast is an awful popular guy! We were neighbored by two families that were on the hunt as well, so we sat and swapped character hints and tips for the day. Both groups had Snow White on their list and were surprised when I told them about Jasmine, Alladin, and Snow White.

We finally got up to see Beast after about a 20 minute wait and Belle greeted the kids as old friends. :

I promised DS that we would ride “the golf ball” after seeing Beast, so off we set for FW. I will have to say, I was really bummed out that Rome was no longer burning on our trip. I sniffed and sniffed but the smell was gone. It cracks me up as I review the pictures from the trip. DS tells everyone this is our future.

It was about 2:00 by now, and the kids REALLY wanted to see Snow White. We didn’t have many options of things to do to kill time and we were hot. The day that started out very mild was turning into a miserable, hot day. Since we were in FW, we decided to head over to the Character Spot to cool off. The sign said 30 minutes. All I can say is, yeah… I wish! Granted, it was a great time filler and we definitely cured our hotness.

ETA: I won't have any character spot photos until we get our Photopass CD, but there is a diamond in the bunch. I'll share as soon as I can.

After the character spot, we decided to line up for Tinkerbell. We stood in a really long line for the 4:00p showing, but asked the CM if Snow White had made it in yet. He told us that he did see her, so off to Germany we went.

We got in line with everyone else then witnessed another group of people start a different line. Great… When our friend from the morning came out, she made us move to the back of the new line. A couple of folks went postal over the whole event and cut in line of the late-comers. This girl REALLY had Snow White down – right to the voice and she played it up as if her life depended on it.

We set back off for Tink. I won’t lie, and I know I received crap about this… but I’m REALLY bummed that it was just Tink. She did make quite the entrance though. I have NEVER seen a character come in any other way than through the super secret CM paths to their spots. This Tink came charging across the Plaza in front of Mouse Gears, jumped up on a bit of landscaping, behind a flag, and over to her spot. The kids took over one of our handheld fans to show her – in case she wanted to see how it worked.

We did encounter several training CMs. It was rare for us to see no less than 3-4 CMs in a little pod moving throughout the park. It was supposedly a 4.3 day at EP that day but we didn’t feel it. It’s one of the reasons I love that park!

We called it a day after seeing Tink. The condo was about a 3 miles from EP. Our compadres made it home a few minutes before we did. We didn’t expect dinner to be on the table, so it was a nice surprise to come home to.

Last edited by kwitcherkicken99; 06-29-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #45
shocky5
DIS Veteran

Still loving all the pictures! Your TR inspires me to become more diligent in the character hunting! We've always just kind of hit and miss who we got to meet! So any tips you want to throw in, let 'em fly!

The Last of the OCD Type A Planners to get her TR started - December 2011 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post43707322

Feb'15*PHM*AKL*May'14*AOA Vacation*Dec'11*Poly Xmas*May'09*Poly Vacation*June'07*Poly Vacation*Feb'89*MK-EP*offsite*June'88*Disneyland*offsite*February'88* EP*offsite

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: