Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #151
Grace and Mickey
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=kwitcherkicken99;41829900] I had to share the madness somewhere! I like the madnessGlad you decided to share it

I'm trying to compile a list of where people are. The only one that I worry about is MK. There are changes ahead so I can't guarantee that they will be correct by the time December rolls around! I love a list

As for who is there on F! days or not, I'm not sure. Some people say you can find some super rare characters on F! days. Janet had a listing a couple pages back, it may be of some help. I have to go look

Thanks and thanks! I'm in the middle of finding out what is going on with my leg. The cortisone shot has already worn off and the swelling is really popping up more and more. I know the doctor I saw said the next step is an exploratory surgery, and I'm not okay with that. I would assume that we would try physical therapy first. If he says surgery is the only option, I will find another opinion.2nd opions are GOOD things

Norma found our shirts at a Disney outlet store, but I'm not sure which one!

Ebay.

I can email you a list of sellers that Norma uses. She will not buy any from Asia - they are bad pins.[/QUOTE] I would like that Thanks
Old 07-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #152
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post

We had to put the kids in a mini-time out though…

Anybody else wish these were still legal at times???

2 CMs grabbed to boys and took them off to dance.

The hoe down is such a cute little production and a great place to see Brer Bear, Brer Rabbit, Clarabelle, Horace Horsecollar… it’s awesome! You can get photos but no autographs with them. Our kids were too busy dancing to stop for characters only their parents knew.
I really have to get a pic of my DD in the stock!

I really liked all your pics of the MSEP! It has become my 2nd fav parade!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #153
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Just catching up.

We were told in April that Cinderellas horse is no longer on their. The took it off for refurbing, but it sounds like it has been off for quite some time. Of course I'm not sure if that CM knew what she was talking about, because she said there was another special horse now and we looked and looked an counted to where she said it was, and nothing. I went and asked her again and she took us to the plainest horse on the thing. I think the one that was special was already occupied.
That's so dumb. Very few people really knew about it. At least DD got to ride on it last September.

I wonder if the super plain horse was what they swapped off the real one for? I know... I'm stretching here. I'm going to check again in December. But seriously, I'll be bummed out if they took out another little secret from the parks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Maybe that's because it's no longer Cinderella's Carousel? Maybe the Prince Charming horse isn't as pretty!

Hey... Maximus and Samson are pretty good looking horses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Now those are my kind of updates!

Pirates, meet and greets, MSEP!!! I'm happy.
Glad to oblige ma'am!

I'll admit - I was a really happy chickie with MSEP two nights in a row. I got my fill!
Old 07-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #154
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
I'm glad you got to see MSEP twice in a row! Especially since you won't get to see it in December and all.........

Your shots are great. Did you use your flash but dial down the E/C? If so, how much?
I get the MVMCP parade!

The first night, I didn't really mess with the flash, except in the beginning, I was having a really hard balancing the float lights and flash, and I had no patience left with our less-than-stellar neighbors.

Day two I did play around with balancing a little better. It's tough because I had to find the happy medium between getting ample twinkle from the existing lights and filling in with the flash. I severely choked the flash down and I want to say I was around F/8 @ 1/50 but I'll have to check later - I'm running out of time today. I've got my next-to-last 4-H fair judging in a few hours and I've got a 90 minute drive... each way.

And when I get back later today, I have to bake cupcakes for DS's 5th birthday party tomorrow. It's all about , savvy?

Quote:
I promise not to out you about Snow White. You needed something to remember it by when it gets hit by the wrecking ball, right?
EXACTLY my thoughts!

Quote:
Another victim of the "Let's man up Fantasyland" campaign.... you know..... until we decide Flynn costs too much money and give him the axe!
I thought the rumor was they were lacking "man" power for characters... or was that Silvermist? I'm getting so far behind!
Old 07-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #155
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace and Mickey View Post
I'm trying to compile a list of where people are. The only one that I worry about is MK. There are changes ahead so I can't guarantee that they will be correct by the time December rolls around! I love a list

I've got it started - I know I'm forgetting some people, so that's why I've not posted it yet.

Quote:
Ebay.

I can email you a list of sellers that Norma uses. She will not buy any from Asia - they are bad pins.[/QUOTE] I would like that Thanks
She found a couple more good sellers, and I know there is a link on the DIS somewhere too with others. Once the 4-H season is over for me (which is Tuesday) I'll have time to dig in and get it all done. But if it seems like I forgot, get on me so I make sure you get that info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I really have to get a pic of my DD in the stock!
It's a lot of fun. DS does it every trip. The first time, he was 2.5 and barely fit in the sitting stocks!

Quote:
I really liked all your pics of the MSEP! It has become my 2nd fav parade!
Thanks! It's my favorite forever! I had to get a record of it before it goes away again!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #156
kwitcherkicken99

Comparative post on construction

This post is going to be pretty much all photos. I’m going to post the progress of the Fantasyland Expansion that I’ve documented between September 2010 and May 2011. It’s funny… the week after we were there in 2010, those magic beans Disney planted grew gigantic trees overnight.

Ariel:
SEPTEMBER:

MAY:

The little provincial town:
SEPTEMBER:

MAY:

You can see even more work has been on Beast’s castle. Maurice’s cottage is really coming along as is the rock work.

SEPTEMBER:

MAY:
Fantasyland (from Dumbo). So much has changed!

MAY:
This wall was up just behind the carousel, heading away from Snow White.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #157
kwitcherkicken99

Day 7 – EP

Our last park day began with half of the group (Norma, Leia, Philip, Bella, and Linzie) going to Akershus for the princess breakfast. Debbie stayed behind with me and we left for EP about an hour after they did.

I knew that we would be a little bit early, but there is something that I needed to TEST and something else I needed to try to take care of before we met up with the rest of the group. Debbie, my kids, and I arrived at EP around 10:30a and made a bee line for Test Track.

Our first stop was at Guest Services. This is the FOURTH Guest Services I have visited since we got here… I was going to ask for help getting through to lost and found in a desperate search for DD’s ears. A wonderful gentleman who had been with the Disney company for over 20 years dialed the number and got me through the phone web to the final hold – on the Mickey phone. I waited, and waited… and waited. Meanwhile, he blew up balloons for the kids and even got out an RC Mater for DS to drive around the building while I was still on the phone. I can’t getting stressed about them playing all over the place and he calmly reminded me that they weren’t out of line and Uncle Walt himself BUILT Disney to be a playground – FOR KIDS. It really put things back into perspective

I finally got to speak to someone and my heart broke. No ears were turned in from two days ago in MK. I actually started to cry. I was so upset. How in the WORLD could they just disappear? Every CM knows to turn things in when they see them, and these were DD’s first official ears. It gave me horrific flashbacks to our first family trip when we lost DS’s baby blanket. I think I cried every day for a week after it was gone. It’s kind of silly the things that we get attached to.

Moving on…

I managed to pull myself together, thanked our helpers and set off for Test Track. I needed to run a little test of my own to see if a little dust would be sprinkled on my day.

General Motors sponsors TT and they have a lounge for employees and priority seating on the ride itself. We took great advantage of that last September and it was really nice to have, especially with the kids. DS was tall enough, DD was not. Using the priority seating was way faster than using the rider swap too. At the time, GM was under federal control so the lounge was closed – which was fine with us. Now that everything is back to “normal” the lounge has been reopened.

The thing with the lounge and the priority seating is that an employee needs to show their badge in order to use it. I wanted to take a shot to see if I could utilize the benefits, though my husband, the actual employee was not on the trip with us.

I went to the little desk in the show room and asked there. They told me they had no idea, but go ahead to the special door and the special elevator and see. Boy! Is that thing hard to find!

I got up to the elevator door and pushed the button. The woman on the other side was resistant to my request at first, but eventually asked if I had my insurance card and if it said GM on it.

We were in!

We piled into the elevator and up to the massive lounge. It stretches an entire floor of the building! On one side there was a little viewing room that looked out into the attraction (where you start the initial climb and you can also see the brake test). The room had several tables and chairs and a coke machine for us to use. The other side was a GIANT room with couches and chairs that had a spectacular view of Spaceship Earth. It was beautiful.

Before you yell at me, there are no pictures here. We weren’t up there very long because we were on a deadline.

On the walls on the park-view side was poster-sized photos of the inspiration points for parts of the attraction, the blue prints for the attraction, and the photo of the actual ride once it was finished. It was really neat.

We told the lady at the desk we were ready to move on so she wrote us a special FP for me and DS and we went down another elevator to a secret back entrance.

DS and I got right on the ride while Debbie took DD into the show room (one of her favorite places to hang out).

DS begged to sit in a car before we left the attraction, so he picked his favorite car, Bumblebee.

Shortly after getting off the ride I get a very angry phone call.

“WHERE ARE YOU?!?”

“Leaving Test Track”

“We have no plan for the day and my kids are acting up… get over here now!”

We immediately headed for China – the rendezvous point – to meet up with a frustrated grandma, an indifferent teen, and a little boy throwing another fit. Leia was so frustrated at this point that she was on the verge of adult meltdown.

You could definitely tell we were at the end of our vacation! We were all tired and hot and we were pushing hard to cover the largest park! (I don't count AK as the biggest - it may be size-wise, BUT the guest areas are considerably smaller than EP)
Old 07-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #158
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
I got up to the elevator door and pushed the button. The woman on the other side was resistant to my request at first, but eventually asked if I had my insurance card and if it said GM on it.
so....

does this mean we can weasel our way in next December
It would be fun to see yes.. yes... yes it would. My mother would be and I would be and you would be . I can see it now the scene would be (those two extra people our cast members in the lounge by the way) and everything would be right in the world, except the people that could not go with us they would be , but lucky them they don't know about it so they are (notice they are not as happy since they are not in the lounge). Yes I can see it all now, daughter of the year in is the bag
Old 07-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #159
kwitcherkicken99

Oh... it's on sister.

I can use my insurance card. I wouldn't have it if DH wasn't employed there, so you'll get to see it.

I'm definitely taking pictures this time.

When the lounge closes at 5p the process is the same as it was in September. We just sign in at the desk and they take us back.

I was bummed the CMs were stingy this time... wrote a new FP each time we went through instead of letting us keep it and re-use it. Maybe they'll be in the Christmas spirit next time around!!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #160
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

The GM lounge sounds so cool... course... would have been cooler to get a glimpse of what us mere mortal (non gm employees) don't get to see. Course... if you promise to write a december TR... AND take pictures of said lounge... I guess I can wait till then to see the pics.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:10 AM   #162
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Shame on you for not taking pictures!!!
I know... I should be put in time out!

I'll do it in December. We were in a rush, I swear!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #163
kwitcherkicken99

I can't believe that my TR is almost done!

I've got a whopper for you coming up!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:13 AM   #164
kwitcherkicken99

The end is near!

Debbie told us that she had never looked into the pavilions, just passed through, so we made sure to walk through each building and get her feet wet. We moved into Der Teddy Bear and let the kids stop briefly at the Kidcot stop.

DD fell asleep on the walk in so we let her nap. The kids finished their Duffys and we headed for the door. DD woke up just in time. She saw a baby Rapunzel doll and would not move from that spot. I caved – I’ll admit it. Things were already tense in the group, the last thing we needed to deal with was another meltdown and me being accused [again] of holding up the group. I rationalized the purchase because I did buy DS a $40 Lego set in DTD on our first day. This was only the 2nd time that she asked for something the entire time, so I didn’t feel as bad about it.

By this time, we all needed a little, well a LOT of

We made a stop at the pin cart at the American pavilion and there were meltdowns all around after the kids traded with every CM in sight.

DS acted up a bit because he wanted a toy, a pin, a hat, a new lanyard (can you see where this was going?)… DD was still a bit fussy from waking up, and the other two were on the verge of full on meltdown mode. We pressed on to Japan – the one place Debbie requested an extended stop. Her family (kids, in-laws) are crazy anime fans and this was where she chose to get their gifts. The kids (all of them) and Leia waited outside. The way our morning was going, I had no intention of taking my kids inside. DS was asking for everything under the sun, but he settled for a picture.

Leia’s frustration continued to grow because we never had a conversation of what we intended to do that day. She doesn’t handle curveballs very well and you would think we just threw one the size of SE at her.

My kids were getting hungry – no one else was because besides Debbie and myself, everyone else ate about an hour before.

I told everyone that I was going over to Yorkshire Fish and Chips and for the rest of the group to take their time getting over there.

Evidently everyone else had the same idea! We got our fish and chips – but there were no tables available by the shop. I headed to the little garden back by the toy shop were I found an empty bench and a quiet place to chill out. I sent a text to the rest of the group letting them know where we were (they had NO idea that little garden was back there).

Leia finally found us [was NOT happy] and we gathered our things and went back to the main path. Bathroom stops, snacks, fits coming out of the bathroom… While we waited, the kids got a listen of their favorite Celtic rock group.

Grandma Norma asked me if the mommies needed a time out. I was fine but I knew Leia needed a break. The plan came to be that Grandma would take everyone over to Nemo and to see Figment and we would meet back up at Soarin’ in 1 hour.

I agreed and there was only ONE place I knew we needed to go…

I’ll give you a clue.

Starts with “booze”. Ends with “in France.”

Two Grand Marnier orange slushies and two Lemon Grey Goose slushies later, several tears, and a couple accusations (everyone was on their “own” agenda), the ‘tude went hasta la BYE-BYE and off we set for Future World again to meet up with the kids.

I don’t care if everyone has this shot, I cannot take a trip to EP without SE and the monorail in it!

Once everyone was assembled and strollers parked, I took DD into get her measured. I think Soarin’s bar is a little high…

Anyway – DS was getting antsy – this is his second favorite ride in EP. He wanted to go, and NOW! In true afternoon fashion, Soarin’s line was pretty long. We powered through the FP line and still had a 15 minute wait.

Once we queued up down Concourse A, my favorite part of the ride began…

I love Patrick Warburton!

They had us set to go on one side, but since Norma rode the EVC all the way in, they moved us to the furthest group (and closest spot to park the scooter). DS got so excited that he hopped into his chair and buckled his belt without passing the belt through the safety loop. I had to notify the CM to dislodge the latch to get him buckled properly! Then we were off on my favorite adventure!

After Soarin’, the boys wanted to ride LWTL. Norma drove out of the Land pavilion and asked if anyone else wanted to go. We got the call that we were flying solo and off we went. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always insisted on riding this ride. It’s got all the things that I appreciate about the many environmental aspects of Disney!

A hidden Mickey (tucked on the right hand side in the shrimp tank):

Several of my favorite adult beverages start here:

The famous tree:

E, mom, and I are scheduled for the Behind the Seeds tour in December. I’m so excited!!! It’s going to combine all the intellectual things I love about the parks with my favorite ride – how can this NOT be awesome???

It was getting late in our day and everyone was worse for wear. We were also tip-toeing towards a food riot! We made a stop at Club Cool – the kids love taste testing, and we had someone that Linzie needed to meet.

My kids filled up on Ginger Ale and we’d been in there long enough that I started to get all the kids into strollers to press on when I heard Norma call out, “Get over here! She’s about to meet Beverly!”

A crowd formed, complete with a young gentleman heckler. She sipped it right away and thought she made it out without any trouble, then we saw this:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We stopped outside Mouse Gears for family photos in front of SE, then made a stop inside the store to pick up a scrapbook set from the parks for 3 of us to share. After that, Norma needed to return her EVC. The boys were asking and asking to do SE before we left so I agreed to take the kids while everyone else headed for the front.

This was an insane idea. DD, DS, and Philip piled into my beastly stroller (weighing in at about 115 lbs total). The kids had a blast, and Rome was still no longer burning… , but I’m glad we made that one last stop. It was a great way to end our trip!

We all went home and cooked whatever was left in the fridge that we couldn’t take home with us! The beginning of packing, straightening up the condo, and lots and lots of laundry were in the works!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #165
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

The Meltdown, what a wonderful thing! Oh well, usually with my DD all it takes is some food.

Love the beverly photo! I let both DD's taste it with no prior knowledge and it was AWESOME!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: