Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #136
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
I am so thankful I have found you on these boards... the voice of reason!

I'm still waiting for them to say fat tourists are burning the breaks!

Did you read the article E found? It really brought up a bunch of interesting points, especially if Google is in fact making some type of super train. It's so hard for me to believe, that the company who pioneered the technology behind the monorails, can't make this work. They have to decide what's more important, packing people in all hours of the day and pushing the equipment to its limit to make a buck or do the right thing and invest in the future.

Cutting the discounts and reducing "perks", I'm really afraid it's going to bite them in the butt. It just may be too much. That and tickets going up yet again this year - I half wonder what Roy would have said about all of this. I don't know if they are lacking some type of leadership or what, but I'm worried about what other inconsistant decisions they'll make.

Hmmmm.... I've been called a lot of things on the theme park board........ let's just say "the voice of reason" wasn't one of them! Last week someone told me I had a problem and needed to check it out!

I LOVE what they're doing in Fantasyland. It's been fascinating to watch it all unfold. And I look forward to walking through Belle's village. But to GET to the park using a system that is supposedly falling apart just seems utterly ABSURD to me. How on EARTH is resting it a couple more hours every night going to really make much difference? I'm not convinced at all they are giving it any sort of big overhaul.

I REALLY think they want to do away with the EMH. First they cut the characters and said it was due to lack of demand (Seriously???? We were there for an EMH once and ALL the character lines were insanely long all night). Now this. And some reported on that thread that they had done a Disney survey asking what they would like if they ended EMH. So I know they have kicked it around.

I didn't read the article. Did you link it and I missed it? Not out of the question for me today.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #137
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

In all honesty... I think they should open up PM EMH to paying for it again.

Back in '98 we paid $10/bracelet for 3 more hours in the park. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Even at today's prices, it would be worth it for us.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #139
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
In all honesty... I think they should open up PM EMH to paying for it again.

Back in '98 we paid $10/bracelet for 3 more hours in the park. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Even at today's prices, it would be worth it for us.
We didn't really start going to Disney until that had been discontinued, but everyone who went just raves about it. The problem of course is that if they started it again, the price would be much higher, as would be the "limited" number of tickets they sell. I firmly believe they don't say how many tickets they sell for the hard ticketed parties so they can nudge it forward every year.

I think the things they were offering in the survey for on-site guests if they did away with EMH or DME were things like a free tour, or a free character breakfast.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #140
okw19
DIS Veteran

I love reading your TR! It's been great.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #141
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
We want the pirates! We want the pirates!

Oh... gee... FINE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
We didn't really start going to Disney until that had been discontinued, but everyone who went just raves about it. The problem of course is that if they started it again, the price would be much higher, as would be the "limited" number of tickets they sell. I firmly believe they don't say how many tickets they sell for the hard ticketed parties so they can nudge it forward every year.

I think the things they were offering in the survey for on-site guests if they did away with EMH or DME were things like a free tour, or a free character breakfast
Screw the free stuff, I want park hours when everyone goes to bed!

IDK if they would have the stones to increase the cost if they went back to pay for EMH. $10 I'm in. More than that... no way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
I love reading your TR! It's been great.

Thanks for stopping in! We had our ups and downs, but I'd take a bad Disney day over a good day anywhere else!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #142
kwitcherkicken99

Yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for we!

SIDENOTE: Pictures will be a little sparse from here on out. I get towards the end of our trip and I just stop shooting. Happens EVERY time… especially once we start repeating parks.

Debbie FINALLY got to go on the ONLY ride she came to WDW for.

The park was fuller today. The group decided to go against TP recommendations. MK was the park to avoid that day. I now know why. It took a little longer to get on POTC, but still not as long as we’ve waited in the past!

DS hates the drop. Since Splash last fall he pitches a fit every time there is a drop. I hope this doesn’t continue in the future or riding rides is going to become very lonely for me.

Even with the drop at hand, it was fun to see the changes from Davy Jones to Blackbeard on the opening mist. DS had been playing Lego POTC and even though he’s not seen the film yet, he’s knows Blackbeard is one baaaaaad pirate! If I left them, we’d stay on the ride for hours! It cracks me up when we turn a corner and hear DD scream, “Cap-in Jack!”

By now, it was getting close to lunch. I’m fairly certain our group had other plans, but I told them we were headed for Columbia Harbour House. I just love that place! We cut over to Frontierland (I love that little pathway in between the two versus walking around!

We had to put the kids in a mini-time out though…

Anybody else wish these were still legal at times???

We parked the strollers and made a quick visit to the 999 grim grinning ghosts before lunch.

CHH did not disappoint. It was a little more expensive than I wanted to pay, but that is because DS wanted things that were not on the kids menu. Two orders of fish and chicken and a bowl of clam chowder later, our bellies were full and we took off for Fantasyland.

We parked our strollers (for the last time) at the old sky way station and ticked IASW and Peter Pan off our list. A couple of our group members wanted to go ride Splash again, but I didn’t want to, so we split temporarily. I took the kids over to see Ariel and Eric on the Adventureland Veranda. We were about the 3rd party in line, but we did have a long wait ahead – the Celebrate parade was running, and we all know that since there is only 1 Ariel… she can’t be in two places at once!

DD had another starstruck moment.

Poor kid. She’s going to HATE these when she’s older!

“Mommy? I want to go ride the magic carpets!” and off we went.

[ring… ring…]

“WHERE ARE YOU????”

“We’re over in Adventureland. I took the kids to see Ariel.”

“Meet us at the Trading Post in Frontierland.”

Did I mention I like the secret pathways??? The path right next to the carpets takes us right to the Trading Post. Grandma Norma promised Philip a stop at the pin store and this was our opportunity.

By now, I had seen how well the kids were taking care of their pins – they were so proud of them – I let both kids pick out 1 special pin for their lanyard. DD picked a sparkly Cinderella that matched my Aurora pin. DS picked out an R2-D2 pin where R2 was wearing mouse ears. I picked out my special pin, a 40th anniversary pin that was kind of like a locket. It has the old logo and Tink, but if you pull on the logo, it opens up to a picture of Uncle Walt. I also grabbed an extra package of pin backs and some of the locking backs. I wasn’t about to take a chance on the kid’s new pins falling off especially since I managed to lose one of my FP pins – for TSM – it still stings that it’s gone! By the way… those locking back are the best.investment.ever!

We sat outside the trading post to share and look over our new purchases when we got caught in the hoe down! I’d heard about it, but never managed to catch it! We took the kids over to Disney’s version of a flash mob. 2 CMs grabbed to boys and took them off to dance.

The hoe down is such a cute little production and a great place to see Brer Bear, Brer Rabbit, Clarabelle, Horace Horsecollar… it’s awesome! You can get photos but no autographs with them. Our kids were too busy dancing to stop for characters only their parents knew.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #143
kwitcherkicken99

Epic something or other

It was late in our vacation and getting later in the day. We had a major vacation shut down over a meltdown of the ages. The group decided that it was time to spend a little more time in Fantasyland and the meltdown continued the ENTIRE way there.

Since someone didn’t want to comply, he had to sit out of Dumbo. Grandma Norma and I took the rest of the kids for a spin in the sky.

I paired off with DS and the girls went with Norma. DS knew that I wanted to take some construction photos while we were on the ride, so we made a couple laps at the very top while I did my duty as a reporter. I’m not going to post them here, I WILL make a separate post to show you guys the difference between our September trip and now. It’s crazy how much the FLE has grown since then!

From there, we rode the Carousel. I couldn’t believe Norma and Leia didn’t know about Cinderella’s horse on there. It’s always difficult for me to find it and today was no exception!

After the carousel, I made everyone ride Snow White, which is one of DS’s favorite rides.

The kids cracked me up this trip. The whole time, I found that no amount of queue distractions are as good as ring around the rosie.

I can’t tell you the number of photos I have of them doing this. I can’t remember why we were waiting, but something held us up on the way to Snow White. This is how we spent our down time.

DISCLAIMER: This is ONE and ONLY time I have ever taken flash photos on a ride.

Since it is one of DS’s favorites, and it is set for ultimate dismantling at some point this year, I wanted to record as much of it as possible.

Grandma Norma requested photos at the Sword in the Stone while Leia took Bella on another carousel spin.

Norma HAD to get a turkey leg today. She had wanted one yesterday but my insistence upon going to CHH trumped the turkey. Off we set for the turkey leg cart in Frontierland. At first, my kids said they weren’t hungry, so we didn’t eat. Then they smelled the food.

“I’m hungry”

“You want a turkey leg now?”

“Yup. I’m hungry!”

We used the porch at the Trading Post as our table. Since part of the group finished their meal before we did, they decided to take another spin on Splash. Debbie, myself, and my kids all stayed put. We waited, and waited… and waited.

We started to see the ropes go up for the parade as we sat.

Debbie checked the time and told me that she’d kinda like to stay for the parade. Not passing up the opportunity to see my favorite parade again, I told her that we should claim so real estate along the rope so the kids had a chance to see everything without trouble.

I finally sent a text message to the rest of the group, trying to figure out where they were. They opted to go to on BTMR while they were over there…
… … … …

They finally found their way back to our “campsite” and we took our place along the rope in preparation for the parade.

The parade was wonderful, even the second night in a row! AND since I had practice the night before, my camera settings were a little better.

One of my favorite parts of the parade is having Elliot and Alice mic’d up to talk to the guests along the parade route.

BACKSTORY: On our AK day, Linzie picked up a new hat. It’s a winter hat in the theme of the yeti. It white, with the yeti’s face on it, and has a little plume of white hair on the very top. Since that day, she has not taken off the hat, despite the fact that it is a million degrees outside. She’s a teenager. I’ll leave it at that.

As Alice came down the path through Frontierland we here her call out, “OH MY! What IS that thing on your head??? You look like a mome rath!”

I nearly toppled over. Linzie freaked, got up, ran over to her mom and exclaimed, “OMIGOSH! Alice talked to me!”

It was a great way to end the night.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #144
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Just catching up.

We were told in April that Cinderellas horse is no longer on their. The took it off for refurbing, but it sounds like it has been off for quite some time. Of course I'm not sure if that CM knew what she was talking about, because she said there was another special horse now and we looked and looked an counted to where she said it was, and nothing. I went and asked her again and she took us to the plainest horse on the thing. I think the one that was special was already occupied.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #145
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Just catching up.

We were told in April that Cinderellas horse is no longer on their. The took it off for refurbing, but it sounds like it has been off for quite some time. Of course I'm not sure if that CM knew what she was talking about, because she said there was another special horse now and we looked and looked an counted to where she said it was, and nothing. I went and asked her again and she took us to the plainest horse on the thing. I think the one that was special was already occupied.
Maybe that's because it's no longer Cinderella's Carousel? Maybe the Prince Charming horse isn't as pretty!
Old 07-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #146
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Maybe that's because it's no longer Cinderella's Carousel? Maybe the Prince Charming horse isn't as pretty!
I actually kind of wondered that myself.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #147
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you got to see MSEP twice in a row! Especially since you won't get to see it in December and all.........

Your shots are great. Did you use your flash but dial down the E/C? If so, how much?

I promise not to out you about Snow White. You needed something to remember it by when it gets hit by the wrecking ball, right?
Old 07-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #148
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I actually kind of wondered that myself.
Another victim of the "Let's man up Fantasyland" campaign.... you know..... until we decide Flynn costs too much money and give him the axe!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: