Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Why are the Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Gone? TR

A.K.A How I survived going to Disney World at 8 months Pregnant!

Bonjour! I'm Nina and this is a TR for my last WDW trip back in December 2010. I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter when me and my parents went (my husband couldn't come, he had to work ). We stayed at Pop Century, our 5th stay there. We ALWAYS get the '80's section bottom floor, but we were placed in the '90's section 2nd floor, which was NOT fun being pregnant. Used the elevator a lot, and took short-cuts through the parking lot to the bus stop. We were supposed to stay 4 nights, but we were so tired by the 3rd day, we left WDW a day early Something I thought would never happen!

Cast of Characters

Left to right:
Sandy, my best friend's mom
my Mom
Alicia, my best friend
Me (and Cady, my daughter before she was born)
my Dad

Alicia and her mom live an hour north of Orlando, so they always drive down and meet us.

Anyways, onto the TR!

Zorro Gets The Ladies (10-2-09 MNSSHP)
Hopping a Plane Alone with a Toddler...Yep, I'm Crazy (Jan. '13 TR)
Cast Member Appreciation! In memory of Mr. Bob who worked on Main Street USA

Last edited by coneygoil; 08-09-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

My trip started at 2 a.m. I made my husband get up to see me off I drove to my folks house, which is 15 minutes away and we were off around 4:30 a.m. It takes us 9 hours to get to WDW from our town in Mississippi. We've driven it so MANY times we know it how to get to WDW with our eyes closed

We arrived at Pop Century around 5 p.m. My folks went to check in, but the front desk did not have a room in the '80's section, so we settled for one in the '90's section. Well, it was bottom floor, but facing the street, which would not work! My Mom went back to the front and got a pool-view room, but it was 2nd floor. Oh well.

After a nice shower and unpacking the car, we went to get some food!

My Mom's Caesar salad was so delicious! We like all ate off of each other's plate. Those were the only pics we took for our arrival day, which is odd for us because we are a mega-picture taking family. I think we were so tired we just hung around the gift shop for a while then went back to the room to rest.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

We left off with me and my folks settling down at Pop Century. Our 1st full day at WDW was ahead of us, and we were going to Magic Kingdom!

A couple pics of the view from our room. We had a corner room right next to the gigantic laptop.

We're a family that likes to decorate our window! My Mom had the idea of makes a timeline of our Disney trips in pictures.

We headed to the food court to get some breakfast. I ALWAYS get a cheese danish. They're the best on Disney property

My Dad got this thing. I guess it's a breakfast burrito?

We enjoy the opening show, so we got to MK in time for rope drop.

After rope drop, we walked on in and I started spotting which character lines were shortest. Daisy was just coming out, so I jumped in line!

Old 08-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

Yall look so happy. You look good for 8 months pregnant. Can't wait to read more.

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .
Old 08-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Old 08-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

From Main Street we ventured to Tomorrowland. We usually go to Adventureland first, but I guess we wanted to change things up. We just wandered until I saw Alice and the White Rabbit were out at the Mad Tea Cups. I HAD to get a picture with them because my daughter's room would be themed Alice in Wonderland. I also had been trying to get a pic with the White Rabbit unsuccessfully for several trips.

I'm telling Alice about using Wonderland as my DD's theme. She didn't quite know what to say about that. She was friendly, but seemed to not know how to talk to adult

Now one thing I had looked forward to for this trip was character interaction. I had seen pics of other people's TRs that the characters had put their hands on pregnant women's bellies and did cute things like Pluto "kissing" the belly, etc. I was SO excited to see what the characters would do. Well, I was sorely disappointed. None of the characters, especially the non-faced characters, did anything. I had to tell them I was pregnant as well. The only character that seemed interested in my pregnancy was Ariel, but I'll get to that meet a little later.

Anyways, me and Mom rode the Mad Tea Cups while we were over there. We didn't really spin because I did not want to get sick. lol! I hope our next trip I can ride the tea cups without getting sick because I've heard after having a baby, we can do spinning rides anymore. My dad didn't want to ride, so he stayed off and talked with some of the custodian CMs. My dad's mission is to make CMs feel special and appreciated, so he took the opportunity to do that while we rode!

Old 08-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattaAlley View Post
Yall look so happy. You look good for 8 months pregnant. Can't wait to read more.
Thanks for reading!

Instead of carrying out, my DD decided to just hang out in my ribs during the 3rd trimester. She dropped like a month and a half before being born, so she had was totally up and down in me.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Left off with me and Mom riding the tea cups. We headed over to the Wedway Peoplemover (yep, still call it that!). Stitch was running around causing havoc for his assistant.

I saw Chip and Dale out, and rushed to meet them! They've been my favorite since I was very young. I used to watch the old cartoon shorts then Chip'n'Dale Rescue Ranger when I was a little older. Told them I was expecting and they pointed to my tummy, but you couldn't really see it.

We made our way onto the Wedway. It's a tradition to take pics on it! It all started when my folks took me to WDW for the first time for my 1st birthday.

My Dad rode Astro Orbiter after, which is something he hasn't done since the early '90's! He didn't fare well though. He came down saying it made his stomach hurt. I have never ridden this ride before. Not sure why, just not interested I guess.

Looking at my pictures, seems like that was it for Tomorrowland. Up next...Frontierland!!!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #9
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Frontierland was next on the list! My folks wanted to ride Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountains. I sadly couldn't ride either, so I hung around Frontierland enjoying all sights.

But on the way, we stopped by the old Skyway building. I'm so glad we did now, because a few weeks ago I found out it had been taken down. It was such a pretty little area too. Wish they could of found something to do with it instead of disassembling it.

The folks and I separated. I wandered around the calm bridge path.

The birds around Splash Mountain are fun to use as models. They sure got the poses down!

I ventured to the pin shop, found a few I wanted but didn't purchase yet. Then I spotted Donald Crocket! I rushed to get in line!

There was a pic the photopass CM took of Donald pointing at my belly. Once again, it was cut out the pic. I'll have to post the photopass pics later.

Here are a couple pics my folks took on Thunder Mountain.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: