Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #121
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran
 
sunny_stace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,763

I guess "B" really wasn't a lucky letter after all....hmmmm....I'll comment as I think!

That is so exciting that you guys might make the big DVC purchase! If I could afford to, I would do it in a heartbeat! And even if you decide that now isn't the time, at least you'll be well-informed if the idea comes up again! I think you should definitely use it to your advantage though! Oh I am sitting here turning green with envy! If you did win the lottery you'd better share!

Okay! My new guesses are....still Boma, and The Wave..and......Boatwrights maybe? Tricky tricky....can't believe you're giving up Brown Derby! I have to say though that I am a big believer in the dining plan! It may not work for everyone, but it works for me and definitely would have saved me money last year!
__________________
Stacy
sunny_stace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #122
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran
 
Disneybuckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,019

Hi! I'm a little late to the party, but I am glad to hear there is another LL trip in the works. Congrats on the anniversary, the weight loss, and another Disney trip. We have never stayed at AK DVC so I will be interested in hearing what you think.

My three restaurants: Jiko, Brown Derby, and Les Chefs de France
__________________


Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #123
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,324

I"m going to have to re-do my guesses too.

Now I just have to try to remember where you've stayed before...

I'm going with Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe and Boatwrights.


DVC - oh, I hope it works out for you!! We wish we'd have done it sooner even though it wouldn't have been the wisest financial move back then. We just love it and love the way it works and that you can add points in smaller amounts, resale... the list goes on.
If Marc wants it, I don't think you should deny him that little tiny thing. That would just be mean...
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #124
oOJulieOo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 427

I can't remember if I wrote this already, but I'm going to write it again anyways...

I hope the DVC purchase works out for you and Marc. You go to Disney often enough that it seems like a wise purchase. I am very envious! I hope to one day be a DVC member myself!
oOJulieOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:12 AM   #125
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran
 
DisMomAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 7,961

Hello from NH Leslie!! I'm so glad to see you back on the DIS & back in Disney planning mode!! First of all - you guys look FANTASTIC!! 250 pounds is amazing!! And I think it's great that you are working hard to make this a financially responsible trip. It's so easy to get carried away and blow the budget when it comes to Disney.

We are renting points for the first time for our November anniversary trip to BWV (or BCV if our waitlist comes through). I'm sooo excited to stay near Epcot & renting points was the only way it was going to happen. My DH brings up buying DVC every once in a while but he always changes his mind after we really crunch the numbers.

Good luck with the airfare search. The prices were crazy high when they came out for our November trip. I'm hoping things settle down before I have to buy for our April trip.

I'm excited to follow along!!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #126
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,180

Welcome Back LL. I obviously missed the bat sign (whatever that is) and about 9 pages of your PTR. But I knew when you started sending the messages out to rent DVC points that something was up.

I think you will love AKL. It is really one of my favorites and the value studios really are quite a "value". I love the surroundings, I love the general viewing areas with their wonderful rocking chairs and helpful cast members, but most of all I love the music. The soothing sounds of the African savannah. So relaxing.

Well - I am going to guess the Wave, Boma, and Kouzzina. I know its the Wave.

Anyway - happy planning. BTW - I love your TR title. It's great!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #127
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic
 
jenbear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Great White North
Posts: 2,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Hint #1: All of the ADRs are at Resorts.
Hint #2: All of the ADRs are 1 table service credit on the dining plan.
Hint #3: There are no plans for an ADR at Hollywood Brown Derby.
Hint #4: One of the ADRs can be reached by Monorail.
Hint# 5: One of the ADRs is at a Resort the we have stayed at before
Here are a couple guesses:

The Wave, WCC, and...... Kona Cafe
__________________
jenbear123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #128
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,323

Revised guesses - Boma, Artist Point, GF Cafe. . So much fun to think about Disney dining!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:35 AM   #130
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,642

Ooh, possibly buying DVC sounds amazing!!! I would love to do that someday, I just don't see how it's ever going to be possible unless, like you said, we hit the lottery or something!

Ok, I'm going to revise my guesses for your ADR's...Boma, WCC, and the Wave. Can't wait to see where you are actually eating!
__________________

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #131
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,378

Alright, I need to do some research for my guesses, so... I'm sticking with Boma then Kouzzina and Kona Cafe.

And that's awesome to hear you may join the DVC
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #132
jenb1023
DIS Veteran
 
jenb1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central PA
Posts: 2,507

Congrats on the extra day! We hope to buy DVC in the next year or two if finances allow! My guesses are: Kona, Boma and Wave.
__________________
Me (Jen) DH DD 9 Mickey


Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
jenb1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #133
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Sneaky Sneaky LL!!!

And NO Brown Derby?!?! AHHH!

Ok..I have tried to map it out as quickly as I could during my lunch time. I probably need time to think more and do some statistics in a word document, but I am too anxious and want to get my guesses in beforehand

I am going with...Boma, Kona Cafe and Whispering Canyon Cafe?
I know, no Brown Derby but like I told Marc I reserve the right to add a last minute ADR if I can't function without my brown derby polenta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
Hello fellow Bay-stater!

I just have to say that I read your first post and planned to continue reading your report... but then it happened...

I read your second post - the one about switching from POP to DVC and SAVING money?!

I have spent the last hour browsing the boards, computing points calculators, and PM'ing rentees!

Cross your fingers for me - I am hoping for a Studio at OKW for 10/22-29.

Now I can calm down a bit and go back to read the rest of your report... my guess for ADRs are: Chef Mickey or Whispering Canyon?
I wish you luck with renting points, I hope it works out for you, let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Hmmmm...Let's see I'm going to have to change a few of my choices I think....I know that Blue Zoo isn't on the dining plan so I'm going to have to change that one....and my other two were 2 credits...LOL guess I have to change them all.

Let's see....Kona, Boma, and Whispering Canyon Cafe (I edited my choice, I know bad me)

I'm in the same boat with you I let Phillip make the big financial decisions. If he had his way we would already be DVC owners I just end up talking him out of it because I'm a big wuss. However now that he has an even better paying job, he says he's buying the first resale contract that fits our needs....and when we say "ours" we mean "mine" LOL!!!
That's awesome that you be buying DVC sooner rather than later.

Oh and I don't know if I should let you change your guesses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I pick the same three meals as Jen!

Good luck on the DVC. We have loved our trips and want more points, perhaps soon!
I really want DVC but I don't know if it will work out. I know it's in the plans from someday and I'm happy about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
ok Boma, Wave (hello) and WCC you seem like a ketchup yellin kinda of gal...
What exactly about me makes me a ketchup yelling kinda gal?
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #134
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I think my mom was hoping for less, but then she got really concerned that she wouldn't and just went with them. I really hope you can find a deal!

Hmmm the dining...I don't know anything about dining credits so I'm just gonna guess and hope these are only one each. Boatwrights, Kona Cafe, and WCC.
I am crossing my fingers for a deal...my toes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I have to get in on the guessing.

Boma, Wave and Boatwrights.
A lot of people are guessing the Wave, very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, I like that you are just letting Marc do this whole DVC plotting thing.

Hmmm, you are being difficult with your ADRs.

Okay, next round of guesses...

Kouzzina, the Wave, and Boma
Oh I am for sure letting Marc do all the deciding, there will be no finger pointing in my direction if he regrets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
DVC, now that's exciting! Best thing we ever did!
I really want to buy soon but I also know it's probably smarter if we wait a bit, as long as it happen someday I will be super happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
I guess "B" really wasn't a lucky letter after all....hmmmm....I'll comment as I think!

That is so exciting that you guys might make the big DVC purchase! If I could afford to, I would do it in a heartbeat! And even if you decide that now isn't the time, at least you'll be well-informed if the idea comes up again! I think you should definitely use it to your advantage though! Oh I am sitting here turning green with envy! If you did win the lottery you'd better share!

Okay! My new guesses are....still Boma, and The Wave..and......Boatwrights maybe? Tricky tricky....can't believe you're giving up Brown Derby! I have to say though that I am a big believer in the dining plan! It may not work for everyone, but it works for me and definitely would have saved me money last year!
Exactly, I like knowing what our options are we do decide to buy for sure.

I can't quite believe I agreed to give up Brown Derby either but I guess we wanted to try a few new places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Hi! I'm a little late to the party, but I am glad to hear there is another LL trip in the works. Congrats on the anniversary, the weight loss, and another Disney trip. We have never stayed at AK DVC so I will be interested in hearing what you think.

My three restaurants: Jiko, Brown Derby, and Les Chefs de France
You are never too late to join a PTR! I can't wait to stay at AKV, I'm really excited about it.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #135
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I"m going to have to re-do my guesses too.

Now I just have to try to remember where you've stayed before...

I'm going with Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe and Boatwrights.


DVC - oh, I hope it works out for you!! We wish we'd have done it sooner even though it wouldn't have been the wisest financial move back then. We just love it and love the way it works and that you can add points in smaller amounts, resale... the list goes on.
If Marc wants it, I don't think you should deny him that little tiny thing. That would just be mean...
I feel as though waiting another year or so would be wise but again, like you said I'm not going to deny Marc what he wants to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOJulieOo View Post
I can't remember if I wrote this already, but I'm going to write it again anyways...

I hope the DVC purchase works out for you and Marc. You go to Disney often enough that it seems like a wise purchase. I am very envious! I hope to one day be a DVC member myself!
I think it would be wise for us and if there is a time we can't go to Disney(the horror!) we could rent out points and I'd be okay with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hello from NH Leslie!! I'm so glad to see you back on the DIS & back in Disney planning mode!! First of all - you guys look FANTASTIC!! 250 pounds is amazing!! And I think it's great that you are working hard to make this a financially responsible trip. It's so easy to get carried away and blow the budget when it comes to Disney.

We are renting points for the first time for our November anniversary trip to BWV (or BCV if our waitlist comes through). I'm sooo excited to stay near Epcot & renting points was the only way it was going to happen. My DH brings up buying DVC every once in a while but he always changes his mind after we really crunch the numbers.

Good luck with the airfare search. The prices were crazy high when they came out for our November trip. I'm hoping things settle down before I have to buy for our April trip.

I'm excited to follow along!!
It is so easy to get carried away with spending too much money at Disney, so I'm trying really hard not to go overboard this trip.

Our first choice was Boardwalk but there was no standard studio availability and we didn't really wan to pay for a nicer view. I think we will enjoy AKV though and we are both really excited since it is somewhere new for both of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Welcome Back LL. I obviously missed the bat sign (whatever that is) and about 9 pages of your PTR. But I knew when you started sending the messages out to rent DVC points that something was up.

I think you will love AKL. It is really one of my favorites and the value studios really are quite a "value". I love the surroundings, I love the general viewing areas with their wonderful rocking chairs and helpful cast members, but most of all I love the music. The soothing sounds of the African savannah. So relaxing.

Well - I am going to guess the Wave, Boma, and Kouzzina. I know its the Wave.

Anyway - happy planning. BTW - I love your TR title. It's great!
I put out the bat signal on Facebook saying I started a PTR.

I can not wait to explore AKV, it will be so nice and enjoyable. We liked the feel of the what we did explore when we ate at Jiko last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Here are a couple guesses:

The Wave, WCC, and...... Kona Cafe
Again, lots of guesses for the Wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Revised guesses - Boma, Artist Point, GF Cafe. . So much fun to think about Disney dining!
I know right? We are still iffy about our last two credits though, at least I am. Marc has given his input but I haven't agreed yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
wow, everyone is going for Boma. I must have missed a clue there

ok...revised guess...

Turf Club, Wave, Kouzzina

on DVC, keep us posted! I was just doing the math and timing (yet again) yesterday!
I find the trends in the guessing very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ooh, possibly buying DVC sounds amazing!!! I would love to do that someday, I just don't see how it's ever going to be possible unless, like you said, we hit the lottery or something!

Ok, I'm going to revise my guesses for your ADR's...Boma, WCC, and the Wave. Can't wait to see where you are actually eating!
I hope we can make it work if not now then in the very nearby future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Alright, I need to do some research for my guesses, so... I'm sticking with Boma then Kouzzina and Kona Cafe.

And that's awesome to hear you may join the DVC
I really hope to be DVC members at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Congrats on the extra day! We hope to buy DVC in the next year or two if finances allow! My guesses are: Kona, Boma and Wave.
Another guess for the Wave, I didn't think it was that popular!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.