Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #76
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Congrats for renting points! you will love AKV-we own DVC at Kidani. I bought me some leopard print mickey head jammies in the gift shop there
Old 06-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #77
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Ah, you called me "best."

Not-to-miss things at AKL? Hmmm, definitely the storytelling around the fire pit and the night vision goggles. Wandering around and watching all the animals on the savannas, zebra domes at the Mara...I know they give you a list of activities at check-in, and I think there were some things like art talks that were geared towards adults.

The Lion King musical CD sits in my car and is definitely a great one for getting in the mood to stay at AKL.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #78
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Wooooooo Hooooo for AKL! That is awesome! I've contemplated trying to rent DVC points a few times but I just don't know enough of how the process works - but you do and that's awesome! I love how you are technically getting a deluxe for less than the value option! You are gonna become my savings guru!

Concord looks stunning. I would love to see....one of these days I'm gonna have to get my butt in the car and just do the road trip to Mass....DBFF and I have talked about doing one forever. There and Charleston is the newest one we've been talking about! But I would certainly love to see the Louisa May Alcott house! I love Little Women!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #79
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Maybe someday you won't want to go to Disney....

Surely you jest!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #80
manntra
DIS Veteran

Oh LL I am so happy that you are staying at AKV!!! My home sweet home!!! I just know you will love it there.
I will concur with Jackie on the storytelling, zebra domes, animals, etc. I believe they also have a tour of Boma sometime midday....not sure about the details but I bet it's on the activities list. I would also stroll over to Kidani to check out the pool area (has a nicer gym than Jambo...I did walk through it once ) The CM's are super friendly and eager to talk about their homeland.
Last October I stayed at Kidani and near the lobby there is a fire/living room type area which goes outside to a balcony. I was sitting out on the balcony...this was around 11pm or so reading my Kindle. I was alone and all of a sudden I heard this loud clomp, clomp, clomp out on the savanna! I looked out and there were about 3 zebras running by with what I think either an elan or wildebeest following them. It was so fun to watch them playing tag!

Tracy
Old 06-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #81
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Oh how I love the Lion King on Broadway CD! We have a Disney playlist on our ipod of course, Blake keeps it in his study section too. Especially love Shadowland and He Lives in You! And the Epcot Reflections of Earth song! Oooh!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Roxychica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #82
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay, staying at AKL sounds amazing, and I love that you can rent points for cheaper than a value! I might just have to try that for our next trip!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:56 AM   #83
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I can make a CD magically appear at your house! PM me your addy again
Address PM'd. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Congrats for renting points! you will love AKV-we own DVC at Kidani. I bought me some leopard print mickey head jammies in the gift shop there
I really think I need to go with the animal print PJs, I think they are a must have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Ah, you called me "best."

Not-to-miss things at AKL? Hmmm, definitely the storytelling around the fire pit and the night vision goggles. Wandering around and watching all the animals on the savannas, zebra domes at the Mara...I know they give you a list of activities at check-in, and I think there were some things like art talks that were geared towards adults.

The Lion King musical CD sits in my car and is definitely a great one for getting in the mood to stay at AKL.
Because you are the best!!

I can't wait for zebra domes!! I want to try those VERY badly. I am so excited to explore AKL. It's going to be so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Wooooooo Hooooo for AKL! That is awesome! I've contemplated trying to rent DVC points a few times but I just don't know enough of how the process works - but you do and that's awesome! I love how you are technically getting a deluxe for less than the value option! You are gonna become my savings guru!

Concord looks stunning. I would love to see....one of these days I'm gonna have to get my butt in the car and just do the road trip to Mass....DBFF and I have talked about doing one forever. There and Charleston is the newest one we've been talking about! But I would certainly love to see the Louisa May Alcott house! I love Little Women!
Anytime you want help renting points, you just let me know. Especially if it means an upgrade in where you stay.

You need to come visit Mass and me of course!! I will give you a grand tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

Surely you jest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Oh LL I am so happy that you are staying at AKV!!! My home sweet home!!! I just know you will love it there.
I will concur with Jackie on the storytelling, zebra domes, animals, etc. I believe they also have a tour of Boma sometime midday....not sure about the details but I bet it's on the activities list. I would also stroll over to Kidani to check out the pool area (has a nicer gym than Jambo...I did walk through it once ) The CM's are super friendly and eager to talk about their homeland.
Last October I stayed at Kidani and near the lobby there is a fire/living room type area which goes outside to a balcony. I was sitting out on the balcony...this was around 11pm or so reading my Kindle. I was alone and all of a sudden I heard this loud clomp, clomp, clomp out on the savanna! I looked out and there were about 3 zebras running by with what I think either an elan or wildebeest following them. It was so fun to watch them playing tag!

Tracy
That is a seriously cool animal moment, it makes you wonder what they do when the guests aren't watching.

I really want to spend some time to enjoy AKL, I think it will be nice too. I mean, we've been to Disney and we know we are going to go back so we don't have to go park commando or anything. I want to enjoy the resort for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Oh how I love the Lion King on Broadway CD! We have a Disney playlist on our ipod of course, Blake keeps it in his study section too. Especially love Shadowland and He Lives in You! And the Epcot Reflections of Earth song! Oooh!
I need to dig out my Disney CDs in my car. I put them all away because I knew I didn't have a trip planned and it's too hard to listen to them. But now I have a trip so I can listen again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay, staying at AKL sounds amazing, and I love that you can rent points for cheaper than a value! I might just have to try that for our next trip!
I highly recommend renting points, there is even a store that rents points out now, I think there is a link on the DVC section of the DIS.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #84
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Poppin' & Food Budget Decisions

Happy 4th of July!!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July weekend. We had a great one, low key and relaxing but sometimes that is just what you need.

We also spent our holiday weekend talking about our Disney trip. Big surprise, right?

We weighed out the costs and have decided to add a night at Pop Century before our AKV reservation.

Pop will cost us $128 with tax for the night. If you subtract our $51 savings from our AKV reservation than it's costing us $77 for that extra night. I'm happy with that. $77 plus food costs for an extra night of Disney is practically a bargain.

We have been furiously doing math trying to decide if we want to pay out of pocket for meals or if we are going to add the dining plan to our AKV reservation. I keep going back and forth, once we make a decision I will be sure to let you know what we decided.

It's time for a Counting Our Nuts PTR Game!

I am for sure decided on three places that we are going to eat on this trip, your job is to guess which three dining establishments have made our top three list. I think my regular readers will be VERY surprised and I will give this one hint, only one of the places we have eaten at before.

Go forth with your guessing! If one person guesses all three right, I will send them a prize.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #85
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

California Grill, Yachtsman, and Brown Derby...there are my guesses
Old 07-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #86
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Brown Derby, Narcoossee's, and Wave. No idea what I am basing that on but it is what popped in my head. Congrats on an extra night!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #87
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I'm going to go with Blue Zoo, Narcoossee's, and Brown Derby!!

Yay an added night!! Always fun to extend your trip!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #88
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay for adding an extra day!

Ummm...ok, here are my 3 guesses for where you're eating...Le Cellier, Hollywood Brown Derby, and Artist Point. I have no idea!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #89
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Yay for an extra night! We might just be missing you guys at Pop, we leave the 11th.

My three guesses...I'm racking my brains trying to remember where you guys ate before! My guesses are Brown Derby, The Wave, and Le Cellier

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:53 AM   #90
oOJulieOo
Mouseketeer

My guesses are Brown Derby, Boma, and Kouzzina.

Yay for an extra night at Disney!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: