Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #31
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Here! Here! Here! Oh, I am so here!!!

Yeay for planning a new trip, LL! I have missed you around these parts!

You and Marc look fantastic!!!

Okay, even at 6:30 in the morning, I am super excited that you have a new PTR!!!
I am so excited to be back on the DIS. I have missed everyone but I knew I couldn't plan another 2011 trip so I had to be strong and resist temptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
So nice to see you back on the DIS. Looking forward to planning along with you. Congrats to you both on all of your successes. Sounds like this trip will be a well-deserved reward.
It will be a very nice reward for sure, we have a lot to celebrate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2TNboys View Post
Joining in! Congratulations on the weight loss. You look great!!
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOJulieOo View Post
Joining in!

I am so very impressed by you and Marc. What a long way you have come!
We have come a super long way but we still have a ways to go, gotta keep our eyes on the prize so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Joining the fun.
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I'm here!! Congrats on all your accomplishments and a new trip!!!

Oh - and Happy Anniversary!!!
Thank you!! Today is our anniversary, I can't believe it's been 3 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I'm in!

Happy Anniversary!!

Good for you for taking that hiatus. The Disney-bug is too strong with me that I have a hard time letting go. Great willpower!

Can't wait to read all about this adventure!
It was really really hard to keep this resolution but I knew we needed to focus on other things and while we still are, now we have something to look forward to in 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I'm here!!!!
Yayaya!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #32
akayek31
DIS Veteran

I'm here too. Can't wait to read more.

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #33
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
We seem to frequent a lot of the same TR's so I thought it was time I get in on the ground floor for one of yours. Can't wait to hear what you have in mind for 2012 and congrats on the weight loss!
We do frequent a lot of the same ones!! I'm happy to have you join me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Joining in and Happy Anniversary!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
Im here and excited to read about your plans! BTW, you two look

AMAZING
Thank you very much!! We both feel really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Here for all the planning fun! I know how it feels to be pinching pennies before a trip! I'm exciting to see all of your techniques! You and Marc both look great by the way!
We have a very good plan working with the budget so far, I wouldn't say we are going Scrooge McDuck route but trying to keep track of everything we spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
Well, since we are not FB friends I missed the bat signal, but I did make it by page 2. I can't wait to hear about your plans!

ETA: you guys look awesome! I am so impressed!
We should be facebook friends!! Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Soooo where are ya staying
This cracked me right up last night. I tell you we have a reservation and you come right on here. Patience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm in! Happy Anniversary and you look both look great!! Can't wait to read more plans!
Thank you very much. I can't wait to tell about our plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaniexMarie View Post
Wow, congrats on the weight loss!
I have also lost 40+ pounds and know that it is definitely not easy - so good for you for accomplishing something that big!

I'll be following your PTR!!
Weight loss is not easy, that is for sure. Lots of ups and downs but totally worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Hello, found your PTR from Charleston Princess. So I'm in.
Thanks for joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Joining in!! Can't wait to hear about your plans!
I hope you are enjoying Houston!! I really need to get to Texas someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'll be reading along.
Good for you creating good financial habits, even when planning a Disney trip.
It's so hard to have good financial habits but we know they will be worth it in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkii19 View Post
Just wanted to say Hi and that I love your TR's. Congratulations on the weight loss, you're really inspiring. I have a lot of weight to lose and it's nice to see you and Marc doing so well. I'm really looking forward to hearing about your plans.
Thank you, weight loss is not easy but worth it. I have a blog about my weight loss if you would be interested in the link, just PM me if you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
I'm here too. Can't wait to read more.
Thanks for joining in.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #34
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Hey there! So did you crash through that Disney wall or climb over it? Anyway I'm glad you are back in the driver's seat for another PTR!
wigdoutdismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #35
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Hey there! So did you crash through that Disney wall or climb over it? Anyway I'm glad you are back in the driver's seat for another PTR!
I slowly climbed over it. Believe it or not we thought about going someplace different but then we came to our senses.

Last edited by Lady Lallie; 06-28-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #36
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Just checking in. I have to go back and read to get caught up.

Okay now I'm caught up.

Y'all look great! Congrats on the weight loss, Anniversary and sticking to your budget.

I'm really looking forward to you ptr.

We not going in 2011 either, but we do have a small 2012 trip planned.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Last edited by vamassey1; 06-28-2011 at 02:29 PM.
vamassey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #37
MARsMama
Mouseketeer

Joining in, can't wait to hear about your trip plans. Maybe I'll pick up some tips for if we ever plan a third trip

March 2009: Our 1st Disney Vacation - ASMu
September 2011 - POR

My First PTR
MARsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #38
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
You both look great!

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #39
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Just checking in. I have to go back and read to get caught up.

Okay now I'm caught up.

Y'all look great! Congrats on the weight loss, Anniversary and sticking to your budget.

I'm really looking forward to you ptr.

We not going in 2011 either, but we do have a small 2012 trip planned.
Small 2012 trip?? Details!! Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARsMama View Post
Joining in, can't wait to hear about your trip plans. Maybe I'll pick up some tips for if we ever plan a third trip
Oh I am sure there will be a third...fourth...fifth....you get the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Joining in!
You both look great!
Thank you!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #40
floridascgirl
DIS Veteran

Hi There! I also found my way over from CharlestonPrincess and I'm now reading along.

Sadly, we aren't going to be taking a Disney trip for awhile because we are heading to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons next summer. When I suggested the trip, I didn't realize that it would replace our Disney vacation. However, once I saw the cost of airline tickets, I knew that both trips were out of the question.

So now to get my fix, I just follow PTR's and TR's!!!

Many trips as a child! 2005 Thanksgiving Wilderness Lodge2008 Jan. Wilderness Lodge
2009 Jan/Feb Animal Kingdom Lodge2009 Dec. Animal Kingdom Lodge2010 July Boardwalk Inn2011 Feb. Animal Kingdom Lodge2012 Nov. Pop Century

floridascgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #41
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, weight loss is not easy but worth it. I have a blog about my weight loss if you would be interested in the link, just PM me if you are.
Can you PM me the link to your blog, I'd love to read it! I'm also trying to lose weight, so I love hearing other people's stories!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #42
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridascgirl View Post
Hi There! I also found my way over from CharlestonPrincess and I'm now reading along.

Sadly, we aren't going to be taking a Disney trip for awhile because we are heading to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons next summer. When I suggested the trip, I didn't realize that it would replace our Disney vacation. However, once I saw the cost of airline tickets, I knew that both trips were out of the question.

So now to get my fix, I just follow PTR's and TR's!!!
It's really hard to take a Disney break, especially when you still want to be on the DISboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Can you PM me the link to your blog, I'd love to read it! I'm also trying to lose weight, so I love hearing other people's stories!
I sent you a PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #43
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Chapter 2: A Place to Hibernate

You may have noticed I added a ticker to my signature. Usually I have a ticker first, then a PTR but I held back this time for a few reasons.

#1. I didn't know our dates yet, I knew it would be January but weren't 100% sure.

#2. We were looking at our resort options, weighing out the costs of value vs. moderates.

A couple of weeks ago when we first started talking about this trip, I was pushing for a moderate resort, Port Orleans French Quarter to be exact. Marc was pushing for Pop Century. I have one thing against Pop Century, the beds! I don't know why but I just don't find them as comfortable. Silly, yes. A deal breaker, no.

I priced them out and reported back the results to Marc.

Pop Century for 5 nights: $501
POFQ for 5 nights: $894

Pop Century it is. I couldn't justify an almost $400 difference in Pop vs. POFQ. Don't get me wrong, I have loved my stays at Pop Century, all three of them. I know we probably won't use the pool much since it's January, we love the food court and the bus transportation is excellent.

On Sunday, Marc & I went for a walk in Historical Concord, Massachusetts. I've talked about Concord on my PTRs before and on Facebook. I Concord. The first shots fired in the Revolutionary War happened in Concord, there is 5 mile trail that marks where the British marched through, Paul Revere's capture sight plus there is Walden Pond, Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House -- the inside looks JUST like the movie with Winona Ryder -- it is a wonderful place and we are lucky to live about 30 minutes from there.

What's an update without some pictures?

So anyways, we were walking on Battle Road talking about Disney and how excited we were. Marc can always convince me to exercise if he promises to talk about Disney.

We were talking about where we wanted to eat, the pros and cons of adding park hoppers, just our trip in general. Then we started talking about Pop Century and upgrading to a moderate. We again decided not to upgrade and then a flash of brilliance occurred in my brain! Why not see if we could find someone to rent points from!?! How did I not think of this before!?!

When I got home I put out feelers on Facebook to see if anyone was renting points or knew of anyone and posted here on the DIS. Well I got a nibble. Kristine aka Tnkrbelle565 had someone she rented points from before and she kindly gave me their information and sent email to them.

I am super happy to report that we now have a DVC reservation!

Our dates changed a bit, we were looking at the last full week in January but due to DVC availability we decided to go with MLK weekend.

We have a 5 night reservation at.....Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House!

The best part!?! We are renting points for $10 per point and we scored a value studio in AKV Jambo for $450! Super Super SUPER excited. If you are keeping track that is a $51 SAVINGS from Pop Century.

We got our reservation yesterday and when Marc & I first saw each other after our workdays we both just broke out into huge grins. AKV wasn't even our first choice but you know what? I am super happy about staying there. It's a new place for us to stay and we are saving money by renting points. Plus when we ate at Jiko last September we both really loved the theming of AKL so I'm happy we get a chance to enjoy that more.

Now the REAL question is should I put some animal prints for my wardrobe on my shopping list?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #44
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

WOW!! DVC a savings over Pop, who knew?? Congrats and good for you! Oh and yes, that $51 should totally go to something in animal print.

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #45
MARsMama
Mouseketeer

I've never heard of renting points, or points at all for that matter, but it's great that you were able to save even more by doing so

March 2009: Our 1st Disney Vacation - ASMu
September 2011 - POR

My First PTR
MARsMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: