Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #136
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

My husband and I rented points at AKV Jambo House in 2009 and LOVED IT! We saved money by renting instead of staying at POP also. I can't say enough good about renting points or AKV. We loved them both! I'm also excited to hear all about your financial planning. I've been away from the DIS for a while, but I'm excited about following your trip!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

stacikristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #137
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
My husband and I rented points at AKV Jambo House in 2009 and LOVED IT! We saved money by renting instead of staying at POP also. I can't say enough good about renting points or AKV. We loved them both! I'm also excited to hear all about your financial planning. I've been away from the DIS for a while, but I'm excited about following your trip!
Oh that is so nice to hear that you and your husband loved AKV. Nice to see you back from the DIS, sometimes you just have to take a little Disney break.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #138
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I am going to guess Whispering Canyon, Kona, and Boma.

YAY for DVC!!!!!!

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #139
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Joining in a bit late, but I'm here! We're hoping to plan a financially responsible trip next spring/summer, so I might be copying some of your good moves!

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
cbcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #140
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

No such luck for me for renting points for my trip in October. Food & Wine and attempting WAY last minute did not work out in my favor. But now that I know what I can save - I will def be looking into it for next December!
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

MadilynnsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:03 AM   #141
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I am going to guess Whispering Canyon, Kona, and Boma.

YAY for DVC!!!!!!
Yeah, he quickly changed his mind about that. I knew he would so I didn't get my hopes up too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
Joining in a bit late, but I'm here! We're hoping to plan a financially responsible trip next spring/summer, so I might be copying some of your good moves!
Never too late!! I have to say, it's really hard to plan a financially responsible trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
No such luck for me for renting points for my trip in October. Food & Wine and attempting WAY last minute did not work out in my favor. But now that I know what I can save - I will def be looking into it for next December!
Food & Wine is a super busy DVC time I think, oh well. Now you know so you will be prepared for your next trip.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #142
momof2TNboys
DIS Veteran

I will pick Kona, Boma, and Kouzzina

momof2TNboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:06 AM   #143
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Hi! Saw you had a new PTR, so I thought I'd drop in and catch up on everything so far.

How excitied about AKL! We have reservations for there for next month, and it's looking to be a very different but relaxing trip. Hopefully everything will go according to plan.

I don't know what to guess for the contest even thought I feel I should. I think it will take a little more though.
meeko_33785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #144
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2TNboys View Post
I will pick Kona, Boma, and Kouzzina
Good guesses, hoping to get an update in this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Hi! Saw you had a new PTR, so I thought I'd drop in and catch up on everything so far.

How excitied about AKL! We have reservations for there for next month, and it's looking to be a very different but relaxing trip. Hopefully everything will go according to plan.

I don't know what to guess for the contest even thought I feel I should. I think it will take a little more though.
Thanks for joining in.

I will look forward to your pictures of AKL!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #145
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

3 ADRs & Many Other Choices

Are you ready to know where our three for sure ADRs are going to be? Well, sure for right now at least.

I'm ready to tell you.

Our choices are...

Boma.

Kona Cafe.

Whispering Canyon Cafe.

The winners of the contest are...

Roxychica7
jenjolt
IluvXU
pooh'smate

Many people guessed it after the second round of clues, therefore I can't afford to send you all a prize so you will get a virtual one, something I am very much looking forward to in January.

A slushie coke!

I am very excited for the three places we have picked out so far. Boma we have been wanting to try for awhile and since we are staying at AKL, there is no reason not to try it this trip and I will FINALLY get to try a Zebra Dome!

Kona Cafe is going to be a lunch reservation because I want to eat those super delicious pork tacos I have seen pictures of. I'll take mine without the lettuce, thanks!

Whispering Canyon Cafe is probably going to be a lunch as well, as I am drawn to some of the sandwiches they have on the lunch menu. Marc wants the platter so it's not a big deal to him which one we go too. I do know for sure that I will be eating the Smores Cheesecake without a doubt. Cheesecake is my kryptonite.

Now for our other two credits....I'm just not sure. Marc has thrown out a bunch of ideas but I'm still not 100% on them yet. Some of the ideas are...

Yak N' Yeti - I've been there, Marc hasn't. I think it would be a good way to break up our Animal Kingdom day since we will have one day there and a lot we want to see and do.

Le Cellier - We'd go for lunch and we like the idea of being able to get the chef's selection that comes with appetizer, entree and dessert.

Bistro De Paris - This is not on the dining plan but I really want to go here. They have a lobster risotto that is calling my name and I thought it could be a nice dinner for the two of us. I just hate the idea of how much the meal would cost. Marc and I recently tried escargot as well and we both liked it so I'm eager to try it at a restaurant.

Crystal Palace - We are divided on this one, I want breakfast, he wants dinner. I want breakfast because I enjoyed our breakfast more here, Marc wants dinner because sometimes we don't eat a lot for breakfast as a rule it is easier for us to eat later in the day which is a valid point.

Narcossees - This is two credits and much of what I want here are appetizers and the cheesecake so we would pay OOP for this as well. And again, I just don't know if I want to pay OOP for too many meals since we are going with the dining plan.

Yachtsman - See above. I just don't feel like the signatures are worth 2 credits when you only get an entree and dessert.

Liberty Tree Tavern - We really enjoyed our meal here in 2008. I love the atmosphere and wouldn't mind eating here again but we already have two meals very close to Magic Kingdom so logistically I think another location would be a better choice but then again if we went to WCC or Kona on an Epcot day it wouldn't be that bad and it would get out us out of Epcot for awhile and give us a break if we were to stay all day for Illuminations.

Parks hours are out and I haven't had a chance to really settle our park days. I go through multiple versions of plans until I am happy and feel settled. I do this every trip and usually once I feel settled then I pretty much stick with that plan unless things change once we are actually in Disney. I'm hoping that my next update will be about our park days and the finally 2 ADRs that we decide on. I have to decide quickly, ADR day is next week!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #146
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

We are friends on Facebook and I still missed your bat signal! Darn, and a contest too.... Going back to catch up!
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #147
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Are you ready to know where our three for sure ADRs are going to be? Well, sure for right now at least.

I'm ready to tell you.

Our choices are...

Boma.

Kona Cafe.

Whispering Canyon Cafe.

I was so close...great choices looking forward to your review of Boma have never eaten there and most likely will as we are planning a DVC stay there in 2013 [at AKV]

A slushie coke!

YUM! I love the cup!

I will FINALLY get to try a Zebra Dome!

they are devine...

Parks hours are out and I haven't had a chance to really settle our park days. I go through multiple versions of plans until I am happy and feel settled. I do this every trip and usually once I feel settled then I pretty much stick with that plan unless things change once we are actually in Disney. I'm hoping that my next update will be about our park days and the finally 2 ADRs that we decide on. I have to decide quickly, ADR day is next week!!!
your other dinning choices sound great too and I love you are going w/ alot of lunches...I think it makes for a perfect in park break and if you dine early you are back out touring when every one else is eating

looking forward to seeing your park days and hoping we overlap somewhere for a DISmeet
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #148
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

You will love Boma and especially the zebra domes. One of my favorites!

You have some great choices!

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #149
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

OK, it took me a while but I am finally here and caught up!

I am soooooo jealous that you are staying at AKL cheaper than Pop! I have been debating renting points for a long time but I just don't know enough about it to take the plunge. I am a chicken when it comes to stuff like that. I'm worried that the person won't be legit or whatever. Please tell me a little about how it works if you don't mind?

I also can't believe that you have a hubby that WANTS to buy DVC!! I am certain that has many a DIS lady green with envy, including myself!

And I just want to say, good for you for getting your finances in order! We started that journey about 2 years ago (we did the Dave Ramsey plan) and I am so glad we did. We had to give up WDW in 2010, but I have to say that I wouldn't change a thing! We are now completely debt free except for our mortgage, and it feels awesome! I hope we never go back to where we were! You will be so glad that you are being mature and responsible in the long run, even if you have to give up a few things right now!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #150
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

I was so close, so close! LOL Well, either way, those are great choices. I've heard great things about all three and I've had a meal at Sanaa and I'm pretty sure Boma and Jiko are fairly similar, so they must be really good. Also, I think Crystal Palace and Yak 'n Yeti are great picks for an ADR, they have awesome food there (: Can't wait to hear what you decide on for final ADRs!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: