Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #121
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
We went to HHI in May, came home and found a 200 point resale contract in our use year. Paid $40 a point, just waiting for the closing to go through and plan our trip for next summer.
Congratulations!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #122
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
We went to HHI in May, came home and found a 200 point resale contract in our use year. Paid $40 a point, just waiting for the closing to go through and plan our trip for next summer.
Good deal! We are currently looking for a good resale for HHI too. Haven't seen too many with our use year (September) and would like to keep the same use year. It just seems so much easier. We are only looking for around 100 pts too since we plan to go every other year. Which resale company did you find your contract through? I've been looking at all of them!

OUR TRIPS March '14-RPR/AKVK Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #123
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveswdw View Post
Good deal! We are currently looking for a good resale for HHI too. Haven't seen too many with our use year (September) and would like to keep the same use year. It just seems so much easier. We are only looking for around 100 pts too since we plan to go every other year. Which resale company did you find your contract through? I've been looking at all of them!
Good luck! It took us almost 8 months to find 100 points at HHI in our UY. When they do become available, they seem to go within an hour or two. We used TTS and were extremely pleased with how it was handled.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #124
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveswdw View Post
We used www.*************** (but i think it gets starred out). DH emailed them asking about contracts with a June use year. They emailed him a list of contracts with a co-broker. After we made an offer, we found out that fidelity was the co-broker.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #125
Love That Mouse
Mouseketeer

Happened to see a WONDERFUL article on HHI on the D23 website. Worth checking out if you are considering going to HHI. I think the article really does a nice job of getting to the "spirit" of HHI.

One small complaint. . . .Not a thing about B'Lou! C'mon Disney!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #126
BUDDYBEAR
DIS Veteran

WE ARE GOING IN FEB. GOLF AND MORE GOLF
BUDDYBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #127
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Hope to Golf

Intended to golf last February. Couses were soaked and rain continued off and on for a week. (Also very chilly) I'm sure well have better luck this September.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #128
seelyt2
Mouseketeer

Thanks for pointing out the article - just read it. Headed there for our first trip in 2 1/2 weeks. We've never been to the eastern seashore before (the gulf of Mexico twice). CAN'T WAIT!!!

seelyt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #129
kelsco99
No longer has loose feet
I know this is silly but for some reason I am excited

Great report - so glad I found it.

I'm soaking up all the info I can on Disney's HH resort and this was one of the best. I learned some great tips for our first timer trip in early October.

I hear the weather is great at this time but since we are WDW vets and not used to slowing down, I am worried about not having as many activities since it is not part of "the season"

Still super excited though and relaxing for awhile is never a bad thing
kelsco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #130
Love That Mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsco99 View Post
Great report - so glad I found it.

I'm soaking up all the info I can on Disney's HH resort and this was one of the best. I learned some great tips for our first timer trip in early October.

I hear the weather is great at this time but since we are WDW vets and not used to slowing down, I am worried about not having as many activities since it is not part of "the season"

Still super excited though and relaxing for awhile is never a bad thing
Thank you so much for the kind comments! I'm so glad the trip report continues to be read and enjoyed by the Dis community!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #131
sssteele
DIS Veteran

We are at HHI right now. Loving the wonderful weather and resort. Looked at a grand villa yesterday-looking for more friends.

Flooding at home-not sure what we will find when we arrive on Sunday.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #132
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - I totally forgot I was subbed to this TR and now I am in the serious planning phase for my HHI trip! I will be back later to read again when I can see the pictures (blocked at work), but I am getting some good ideas for my trip. Thanks!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #133
peekies722
Mouseketeer

Wow!!!

What a great read while holding my sleeping baby! This was a gem of a find, thanks for posting this trip report. Our family is going to HHI resort Oct 21st, 2012. My husband & I are planning things out, but still trying to plan for a relaxed vacation. It sounds like you had a great mix.

This TR was so well written, you have such a great sense of humor, thanks for sharing that! I was searching for your SSR trip report, but couldn't find it, did you end up writing it???

Have a Magical Day!!!!

Michelle
peekies722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #134
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

We have a March UY. We used Fidelity for our resale. It took a rather long time, but once we went to the resort, we just felt we had to own there! We own 142 points, and will probably go there every other year.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #135
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Thanks for a great trip report. We are headed down to HHI for the first time this June from Pittsburgh with our DS2 and our in-laws. We are morning people too so I am glad to hear that going to the beach at 9am is not crazy in June. We will definately consider the three restaurants that you wrote about in your trip report. Do you have any suggestions for driving down with a 2 yr old?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: