Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2011, 04:55 AM   #91
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Great job! I enjoyed reading your trip report very much. We have only been to HH once and it was for three nights (on the way home). We definitely need more time and a day trip to Savannah.

Thank you for taking us along.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #92
melk
DIS Veteran
Have you seen my DD's "crappy" (aka capri) pants??
In need of a good sippy cup
Psyched DVC Owner

Thanks for sharing your experience, I really enjoyed reading it . Am trying to plan what we will do next summer vacation and am currently torn between HHI or a Yosemite trip (and driving down to DL, of course!). After your report I am leaning towards HHI, but DH and kids still want CA. I think I will make your trip report required reading before a decision is made!

Thanks again
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #93
marynvince
DIS Veteran

Great trip report. You have captured the serenity of Hilton Head perfectly. As crowded as HHI can be in the summer, it is amazing and surprising that DVC HHI can be sooo relaxing.

Been to HHI 4 times now, twice to Harbor town/lighthouse area and have never tried the lighthouse becuase it looked too dinky. We'll definitely go up next time.

We'll also try your BBQ recommendation as well. Thank You
We've been to Savannah twice and Paula Deans not at all, also now on the list. Bus tour sounded like fun as well, so we'll try that. I will recommend the nghttime horse drawn carriage ghost tour. Pricey but my son's loved it.

Well done with trip report. Hoping for more of the same from SSR
Thanks, Vince
marynvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #94
seelyt2
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for this fabulous trip report!!!

seelyt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #95
Love That Mouse
Mouseketeer

Thanks folks

Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm glad you all enjoyed the trip report.

My DW has suggested I do another one for our trip to SSR that starts tomorrow. . . . I'll try to do a better job of taking pictures from the beginning!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #96
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love That Mouse View Post
Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm glad you all enjoyed the trip report.

My DW has suggested I do another one for our trip to SSR that starts tomorrow. . . . I'll try to do a better job of taking pictures from the beginning!
OOooooo, I agree with your DW! Sign me up.
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; SSR & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2015:
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #97
dlm1017
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for the report! I agree HH is wonderful, we were there for the first time in May. There were no crowds as it was the week before Memorial Day, we plan on going the same time next year. I loved B'Lou also what a wonderful addition to the Disney family. I found it to be so relaxing just what we needed after a long cold winter! We went to Savannah and were disapointed, but we loved loved Charleston! (different strokes for different folks I suppose)
Thanks again for the report!
Dana

Last edited by dlm1017; 07-01-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: changed something
dlm1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #98
kcarp75
Earning My Ears

I'm a fellow STEELERS fan.....we are wanting to go to HHI next June. Look forward to the reports. We hit Daytona Beach almost every summer so we are "beach people". We love seafood also, so let us know of good dinning in the area. GO STEELERS!
kcarp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #99
kcarp75
Earning My Ears

I wrote my last post before I saw the next 7 pages.....Great job! I cant wait to go! Go STEELERS!
kcarp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #100
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love That Mouse View Post
I went to HHI worried about my ability to "slow down". . . HHI reminded me WHY I need to slow down and relax on a vacation. It's so easy to get hooked on the "frantic" of WDW. Let's face it, WDW is a BLAST (we're heading to SSR tomorrow for a week vacation). But every now and then you need to be reminded that sometimes the best vacations are the ones where you truly just "let go" and breathe. More importantly, I think it's places like HHI that help us teach our children that it's okay to truly. . . . relax!

Thank goodness I have an amazing wife who really pushed for this vacation. It's why I love her. This was her idea and I am so glad that her inner-radar was right (as always).

Thank goodness for places like HHI! HHI keeps the "Disney Magic" while subtly reminding you to "relax" and to let the stresses of life go away. The ocean, of course, helps to relax you. But so does the easy going manner of B'Lou and his stories; the smiles and calmness of the cast members; the sights of Spanish Moss hanging off an old oak while you are involved in a great book; the smell of salt water and the marsh; and the way the sun sets over that marsh as two dolphins play in the shimmer of the water.

I still love my WDW, but I will always have a special place in my heart for our first trip to Hilton Head, Y'all!
Ditto, ditto, ditto!! DW is the one in our house that could sit on a beach or a balcony all day long and never move a muscle. Me...I have to have a plan of attack, a goal to achieve, places to go, people to see, things to do!! I'm hoping during our October trip to HHI that I can relax and enjoy the trip as much as y'all did. Great TR. I'm looking forward to your next one to SSR.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #101
kpatches
Mouseketeer

We haven't been to HHI in quite some time but this makes me want to start making plans for the near future!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #102
whitepicketfence
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your awesome trip report! We bought at HHI 12 years ago and I think we have about 15 trips under our belt and I love it more each and every time time we go!

You did a wonderful job sharing the "feel" of the resort. It is just the most relaxing, peaceful place. We have been in the summer, spring and winter and each is unique and beautiful.

We just got back from Savannah yesterday and I am so glad you had such a good visit! We love Savannah and my youngest will start college there in the fall so I think ALL our points will be used at HHI for a few years. How cool is it to be able to give him a weekend at HHI with some friends? Love my DVC!

Happy 4th of July to all!
whitepicketfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #103
chunkygal
Mouseketeer

You know my favorite time to go to HH? Anytime! Actually, we love October..still warm enough to go in the water, not as crowded. We love the beach at Christmas...can't go in, but can go in the pools and love the gray blue skies and the ocean. We go about twice a year. Mostly stay at DVC, sometimes at our Marriott timeshare..going again in July. DOing lots of nothing and loving it. Love Guiseppe's. Love Micheal anthony's. MOst grocery stores double coupons, so bring these to shop. LOve early bird specials for all the retirees and we are not. LOVE HHI. I think it is one of the most underrated DVC properties
Old 07-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #104
Spencerfamilynj
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great report and especially posting the activities sheet - an extra bonus!

We're going in August and my 12 1/2 year old middle school daughter asked me how close they pay attention to the ages for the kids group activities. She is tall for her age and is worried she'll be older than everyone else in the group (doesn't want to be a baby). All her cousins are older so she is accustomed to being in a slightly older group of kids. Anyone have experiences or advise to share? Thanks.
Spencerfamilynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #105
petbren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencerfamilynj View Post
Thanks for the great report and especially posting the activities sheet - an extra bonus!

We're going in August and my 12 1/2 year old middle school daughter asked me how close they pay attention to the ages for the kids group activities. She is tall for her age and is worried she'll be older than everyone else in the group (doesn't want to be a baby). All her cousins are older so she is accustomed to being in a slightly older group of kids. Anyone have experiences or advise to share? Thanks.
Second the Thank You for the TR..Fantastic
Love the Activities sheet and the map of Savannah--printed off both for future reference.

Regarding the ages of kids for the programs........I would think they would be flxable. My DD turned 13 in April, and we will be there also in August(21-25), and she would be quite happy with your DD in the group--maybe we'll see you there
AKV-KIDANI 2014 Fantasy E.Carib.20132011 HHI 2011 BWV 2009 BCV/OKW for F&W Festival, 2008 AKV,2007 1st trip home BWV 2006 Pop Century 2004 Polynesian 1991 Caribbean Beach Resort 1982 Off Site 1977 Off Site
petbren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: