Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #121
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
So you did buy! Congratulations!

320 is a pretty sizable amount! How did DH arrive at that number....was he figuring on a certain number of trips per year, in a certain size villa, during a certain season and all that?
Yes, he had it all figured out. I would have been happy with half that much, but I was so thrilled he was so into it. He has two older children that he wants to include in our vacations and they are lots of fun. Plus, he likes the one bedroom units. He thinks the studios are too small for a whole week. But I can see us using them for shorter trips. I am very excited. We get 320 points for this year and then in February, we get 320 MORE !! So we have to start planning some trips !! YAY !!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #122
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We get 320 points for this year and then in February, we get 320 MORE !! So we have to start planning some trips !! YAY !!!!
Or you could rent some to your friends. Congratulations!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #124
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Or we can plan a girls only trip !!! Wouldn't that be the bomb-diggity !?!?!
That would be awesome!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #125
katt789
DIS Veteran

Aaaand I'm finally caught up!! Yay!
I'm really enjoying your trip report, it looks like you guys had a blast!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 07-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #127
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Six – Part Two

So after we were done at the DVC office we headed towards Blizzard Beach. Getting into this park was very frustrating. First of all, we were late getting there. It was past 10 AM when we pulled into the parking lot

For some add reason, everything at this park on this day took FOREVER. I mean it was like we were stuck in a time vortex. There weren’t many people in line for tickets, but it took each person 15- 20 minutes a piece to get through the line. DH was very frustrated with this. We were purchasing water park annual passes because besides this trip, we knew we were coming back two more times before they would expire. Maybe even three times now that we have DVC. So, it made economical sense to get annuals passes because we love the water parks.

So we now have our tickets and get into the park. We take some photopass pictures

After that, DH wanted to get a locker to put our stuff in, so we had to wait in line for that. And then we had to find a chair to put our towels and shoes on and to serve as “home base”. So we didn’t even get in the water until 11 AM. I just kept our camera in the locker because I didn’t want anything to happen to it, so all we have is PP pics from here on out. Photopass gives you a little card with a rubber band to put on your wrist which I think is genius. It can get wet and everything. If you wanted to be really unencumbered in all of the parks, you can use this card anywhere. Not just the water parks. And you can get some really great Photopass pictures at the water parks. Some of my favorite Disney pictures come from the water parks.

We got in the water over at the Ski Patrol Training Camp which is DD’s favorite part of the park. We rode the slides in this area for a while.

DS loves the zip line

And DD likes the slides and the “icebergs” that you walk across the pool on.

Then we hopped on the ski lift and rode up top to ride the family raft ride, Teamboat Springs. We used the single rider line for the ski lift. There isn’t any sense in waiting in that long line when you have to ride with a stranger anyway. The way they load this is they put a pair in the chair and then they put someone from the single rider line in with you. It takes a lot less time. Or you can climb the over 300 stairs to get up to the beginning of the ride.
Teamboat Springs is a super fun ride. You can all ride together in a raft and you wind down the “mountain” twisting and turning all of the way. We just love it.

Photo pass at the bottom.

See what I mean about these being some of my favorite photos ?? Aren’t they just precious ?? For realz.

All us together.

After that we tried to get in the lazy river to ride around. But it was super crowded and there were kids just swimming around everywhere and only half of them were in tubes. If you lost your tube, you were out of luck. Someone was going to grab it right away. We got out at the next place to get out because it just wasn’t fun at all.

So we walked over to the Runoff Rapids and rode that. This is a super fun slide.

My back was hurting after climbing over 200 steps with a double tube on my head, so I opted out of the next ride and DH took the kids again.

After that, they wanted to do the Toboggan Slides which I do not like at all, so I waited at the bottom. After that, they wanted to go to the wave pool, but we were getting thirsty, so I went to get us a mug. The water parks have mugs that you can buy for about $10 and you can get free refills all day. Just like the resort mugs, I guess. I got a twenty from DH (it was wet after being in his swim trunks pocket all morning) and got it line. OMG ….. this took FOREVER. Something like 45 minutes. I thought I was going to lose it. There was this family in line ahead of me and they were super annoying. They had two little girls that kept fighting and the husband was staring off into space and the wife just texted the whole time. Both of them were completely ignoring the kids. I don’t understand why a WHOLE family has to get in line. Why can’t one of you stand in line and get food while the other three find a place to sit ??

While I was in line, I saw a little gift card that you could wear on your wrist. I just had our change put on that instead of carrying the coins and paper money around. We used it later on in the trip.

So, I got our mug and filled it up and drank it. Then filled it up some more and went to look for DH and the kids. They were done with the wave pool and wanted to ride some more slides. My back was killing me by now and I just needed to sit down. I didn’t have any pain meds at the park with me and I had to take my pain patch off because it wouldn’t stay on the water anyway. I went back to our chair and sat down. So DH took them to ride more slides. I found that it I got in the pool it took the pressure off of my back, so I bobbed around for a while.

After awhile, they came back and said they were hungry. I was like NOOOOO WAY am I getting back in that line at the counter service, so we decided to just get some ice cream. Well even that took over 30 minutes even though there were only three customers in front of me. Maybe I was just super impatient because my back was hurting.

We got a root beer float and two chocolate ice cream cones. These were really yummy. DS had gone back over the do the zip line again and by the time I had about three good spoonfuls of my root beer float, he came back. So I just gave it to him. Because I wasn’t getting back in line. After our treat DH and the kids talked me into climbing up the stairs to the family raft ride again. Dude, you need to be in decent shape to climb all of those stairs. And that ain’t me. I made it though. And I was proud of myself for not stopping.

Anyway, we rode it again, but DS decided to do Summit Plummet, so he got in line for that. We did a few more things and then at about 3 PM, we decided to head back to the resort and get a shower because we had early dinner ressies for Raglan Road.

Some notes on Blizzard Beach.

1. Stairs. Be prepared to climb them. Thousands of them. The rides are worth it, but just be ready. If you have a bad back or bad knees, bring some chemical help.

2. The water was really refreshing. It was nice and cool on a hot day. There is a lot of shade here, too. But we wore a ton of sunscreen anyway. No sunburn for us !!

3. The line for the chair lift was always insane. Climb the stairs instead. It takes a fraction of the time and don’t we all need a little more exercise ??

4. Bathing suits. Ladies … just because they had that bathing suit in your size, doesn’t mean you should wear it in your size. Some seriously scary stuff we saw that day. Not that I look great in a bathing suit, but mine is my size and it is shape and age appropriate. But I have seen worse at Myrtle Beach.

5. Speedos. Why ?? For what reason ?? Guys … don’t wear these. I don’t care how great you think your body is, Speedos just aren’t cute … Umno.

6. Everyone was polite and friendly, but be prepared to wait in line. We remarked all day that it was too bad that the water parks didn’t have fast pass.

7. We had a lot of fun, really. The only downers where that food service took waaay too long. And the lazy river was just nuts. No relaxing float around the park for me that day.

8. And last but not at all least. The baggy pants with 4” or your underwear showing. Dude, pull up your pants. Geez.

OK … I’m done now …..

On the way out, while DH was getting everything from the locker, we saw
Goofy.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-07-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #128
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Haha! I love it - Soarin' Nazi! Too funny!

Seriously - people need to chill. Maybe someone yelled at him that day - I'll give him the slight benefit of the doubt..... (Still no excuse to be snippy on his part!)
Old 07-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #129
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post
Haha! I love it - Soarin' Nazi! Too funny!

Seriously - people need to chill. Maybe someone yelled at him that day - I'll give him the slight benefit of the doubt..... (Still no excuse to be snippy on his part!)
Except that we were there in the morning and you were there later in the day. So he had his panties in a wad ALL day.

He needed to chill for sure ....LOL
Old 07-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #130
welshdisneyfan
Earning My Ears

Loving your review. Your children are so cute. Love the names your DD has for things, they have really cracked me up They are likely to stay with her forever. When my DD was a young child she would call chicken drumsticks - 'chicken bone legs', she is nearly 19 now and still refers to them as that

Keep the updates coming

DH (40)Me (40) DD (18)

Old 07-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #131
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshdisneyfan View Post
Loving your review. Your children are so cute. Love the names your DD has for things, they have really cracked me up They are likely to stay with her forever. When my DD was a young child she would call chicken drumsticks - 'chicken bone legs', she is nearly 19 now and still refers to them as that

Keep the updates coming
from across the pond !! Kids are funny. I just love the hilarious things they say. More updates coming for sure !!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #132
mimiecp
I already have ears.

Great update about Blizzard Beach! I totally agree with you on the "guidelines!" Speedos...please, no one one wants to see that. Sorry your back hurt. I appreciated your tips. We are going to go to Blizzard Beach in September simply because the kids have made it their biggest request. I hope the crowds are smaller because I'd like to enjoy the lazy river.
Had a magical trip with my kids and parents
Old 07-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #133
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiecp View Post
Great update about Blizzard Beach! I totally agree with you on the "guidelines!" Speedos...please, no one one wants to see that. Sorry your back hurt. I appreciated your tips. We are going to go to Blizzard Beach in September simply because the kids have made it their biggest request. I hope the crowds are smaller because I'd like to enjoy the lazy river.
The crowds are smaller in September definitely. You will love Blizzard Beach. and so will your kids !! We plan on going to both water parks on our September trip. Lazy river will definitely be less crowded so you will get to enjoy it. Be ready for stairs, stairs and more stairs
Old 07-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #134
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Your comments about bathing suit attire reminded me of my old lifeguarding days - I saw lots of interesting ensembles!

I am looking forward to going back to Blizzard Beach once the kids are stronger swimmers, another year or two mostly likely.

Congrats on your DVC purchase!!!!!

Old 07-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #135
SnowWhite607
DIS Veteran

Oh Lord, please do not get me started on Speedos!! We did not do Disney this year, but instead we did Seaworld, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens and Aquatica. I saw a few guys in Speedos at Aquatica and My DD10 was appalled! And the sagging pants...... I dont get that fashion trend at all.

And yes, bathing suits! Just because something is made in your size does not mean you should wear it. I had a nice age and weight appopriate suit with a skirt, LOL! But I saw some larger women in bikinis, belly flab and all!! I guess they are way more confident in their body than I am.

Oh and the stairs at those water parks.......I think I was able to do all but one slide with DH and DD. By the afternoon, my legs were worn out and I was not climbing up on anything else that day! LOL!
1976-offsite, 1985-offsite, April 1986-AS Sports, 1990 - AS Sports, Dec 1998 - AS Sports, June 2005 with DD for the first time - AS Music, July 2006 - Caribbean Beach/Coronado Springs, July 2007 Poly, June 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Grand Floridian, Feb 2009 - Pop! June 2009 - Beach Club, March 2011 -Pop! June 2012 - Port Orleans FQ, March 2014 - Mother Daughter trip - POFQ, November 2014 - POFQ

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: