Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #106
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
I love the finished lego set!I have a picture of my DS12 up at 6:30 am at Port Orleans the morning after our visit to the Lego store working on his new purchase, it's like it's burning a hole in their pockets until they can build, build, build!!!!

Yummy snacks, your DD still looks tired, but I'm sure she perked up after that yummy treat! I have yet to see La Nouba, but it's on the 'list'!

I'm dying to hear about the DVC outcome, it's like reading a good book, I can't wait to read the next chapter! We (more like 'I') am always dreaming of DVC!!!
Legos are awesome !! DS and all of his friends just love them. I love them too. It keeps him busy and not always with video games which is good.

I thought the same thing when I saw that photo. She does look so tired. I was really glad we booked the early show because near the end she said she was really tired. They both went right to sleep when we got back to the villa.

You should see the DVC outcome in my next post. Don't ya just love my meager attempts to summon some suspense ?? It's very exciting. To me at least. Well, we ALL are !!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #107
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Here I will wait....
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #109
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Joining in! And I'm (not so) patiently waiting to hear about DVC. We are members - OKW and SSR are our home resorts.

Oh I *LOVE* your DD's quote that became your TR title!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #110
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
Joining in! And I'm (not so) patiently waiting to hear about DVC. We are members - OKW and SSR are our home resorts.

Oh I *LOVE* your DD's quote that became your TR title!
The DVC story is coming, I promise :-)

I liked it too !! She just so funny !!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #111
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Finally getting to catch up on your TR! You won't be suprised when I tell you, I had to replace my modem. I was w/out internet the entire holiday weekend.

Glad you posted you used David's Vaction Club Rentals. I had considered using that service for the Oct. trip.

Didn't you love Whispering Canyon?! Did you ask for ketchup? There was a really good crew working the morning we went. It was almost as much fun as the HDDR. Speaking of which, you must, must, must give that a try. Sounds like a good way to cap off your Sept. trip. I know we always enjoy starting our trips with the HDDR. Hmmmmm... I feel a plan coming together.

California Grill looks amazing. Despite my child's picky nature, we'll have to give it a try. I'll be sure she steers clear of the mac n cheese though. Speaking of my little picky pants, we've been wanting to go to Tusker house for a couple of years now. We actually had reservations one year, but something we wanted more opened up, so it was cancelled. Sounds like a fun experience, and that's what the b'fast meals are about for me. DD LOVES b'fast food, so she is in hog heaven when we do those. I don't have high expectations of the food so, as long as there are Mickey waffles and the eggs aren't runny, I'm good.

DVC tour sounds interesting. How much longer before the reveal of whether you bought in or not?!

So jealous you've seen LaNouba not once, but twice! I almost got us tix last fall b/c of the 50% off offer for passholder. Not sure why I changed my mind. Oh well, something to consider for the next time.

I also have to agree with you about the heat and touring the World Showcase. It was quite hot in May, and our Epcot day, we didn't even feel the heat until we went over to the World Showcase. We were there all day (shocker), and it wasn't until we went over to World Showcase that the energy was zapped.

Can't wait to read more!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #112
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Finally getting to catch up on your TR! You won't be suprised when I tell you, I had to replace my modem. I was w/out internet the entire holiday weekend.

Glad you posted you used David's Vaction Club Rentals. I had considered using that service for the Oct. trip.

Didn't you love Whispering Canyon?! Did you ask for ketchup? There was a really good crew working the morning we went. It was almost as much fun as the HDDR. Speaking of which, you must, must, must give that a try. Sounds like a good way to cap off your Sept. trip. I know we always enjoy starting our trips with the HDDR. Hmmmmm... I feel a plan coming together.

California Grill looks amazing. Despite my child's picky nature, we'll have to give it a try. I'll be sure she steers clear of the mac n cheese though. Speaking of my little picky pants, we've been wanting to go to Tusker house for a couple of years now. We actually had reservations one year, but something we wanted more opened up, so it was cancelled. Sounds like a fun experience, and that's what the b'fast meals are about for me. DD LOVES b'fast food, so she is in hog heaven when we do those. I don't have high expectations of the food so, as long as there are Mickey waffles and the eggs aren't runny, I'm good.

DVC tour sounds interesting. How much longer before the reveal of whether you bought in or not?!

So jealous you've seen LaNouba not once, but twice! I almost got us tix last fall b/c of the 50% off offer for passholder. Not sure why I changed my mind. Oh well, something to consider for the next time.

I also have to agree with you about the heat and touring the World Showcase. It was quite hot in May, and our Epcot day, we didn't even feel the heat until we went over to the World Showcase. We were there all day (shocker), and it wasn't until we went over to World Showcase that the energy was zapped.

Can't wait to read more!
I am so glad you got a new modem. A TR is just more fun with you around.

I liked David's Vacation Rentals. It really does save a ton of money and it a great way to stay deluxe. You can even get the dining plan added on.

We loved Whispering Canyon. We weren't seated in the main part of the dining room and I was OK with that. It was still a really fun experience. We definitely need to HDDR. Maybe we can do it in October with you guys the night you get in. I would love to do that !!!!

California grill was amazing !!! I am so glad we did it. It really was a bummer about the macaroni. It really looked good, but it was waaaayy too salty. I am sure it was something that was going on that night. Your DD would love the "sushi" dessert for sure. It is really fun !! Tusker house was just OK. I liked Crystal Palace better. But if she really likes the breakfast stuff, I say give it a go. But go early. It was insane at check-in when we left about 9:30 AM or so.

Reveal will be today ... later this afternoon !!! I know you will be so excited !!

LaNouba is amazing. You totally need to see it !! You will LOVE it !!!

Yep. World Showcase was hot for sure. But we had plenty of slushie drinks to help with that. We only went to WS to do the pick-a-pearl and then we toured the whole thing on our last day. And by the last day ... we were sooo tired. So I plan to hit it early in the next trip for sure !!!

I'm so happy you are back !!!! Smootch !!!

Last edited by jecskc; 07-06-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #113
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Six – Part One – Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Today was our water park day. Our plan was to have breakfast at Olivia’s at the resort and then head over to the water park. But now we had thrown in ANOTHER trip over to DVC to discuss a points purchase with our agent. So let’s see how the day went.

We got up and headed up to Olivia’s for breakfast. We had an ADR, but we were literally the only people here at this time. More people came in as we ate, but the restaurant never got full.

We got seated and J’nette was our server. She was good. We never had bad service except for the girl a Wolfgang Puck’s Express. She was just a nasty person. Seriously, if your job makes you so unhappy, get another one. I know that is easier to say than to do, but don’t take your bad day out on me. I was surprised she still had a job. Oh, sorry, rant over.

Anyway, J’nette was great and service was good.

Coffeeeeee !!!

An essential start to any day.

DD ordered Mickey Waffles

It came with bacon, too, but she had already eaten it.

We were all dressed for the water park. This is her cover-up that she calls her “towel dress”. She comes up with the funniest names for things. They are so frank and obvious, but funny anyway. She calls her bathing suit cover-up her “towel dress”, she calls Target the “circle store” and she calls tights “sock pants.”

She cracks me up.

I had my “towel dress” on as well, but I wore a T-shirt over it.

DS ordered pancakes.

It came with eggs and ham. He and I ate the eggs, but no one touched the ham. Not that it wasn’t good, we just didn’t eat it. DS likes ham, but I think the grill marks on it turned him off of it.

Syrup and butter

DH ordered the breakfast platter.

It had eggs, sausage, potatoes and a biscuit.

I just shared with everyone and it worked out well. We saved a lot of food credits this way and as a result we feel like we wasted less food and got to eat at more places.

After breakfast we headed back over to Saratoga Springs to meet up with the DVC agent to discuss a points purchase. As were discussing all of the particulars and filling out forms, DH says “This may surprise my wife, but I think we should get 320 points”.

Wait ……

what ????

Who are you and what have you done with my husband ??

Seriously, this is the guy that drives 15 min out of his way to save 5 cents a gallon on gas. He is the ultimate bean counter in our relationship.

So this was kind of a shock. But I was all in favor of it. Sign the paper quick before he changes his mind !!! Plus, he will get a huge bonus on March, so we will be able to pay a good bit of it down by then. We bought at Saratoga Springs and I’m just waiting for all of the paperwork to come in the mail so we can start making reservations. I soooo want to go during Christmas. I would love to see all of the decorations and experience the magic of Christmas and Disney all together.

So, that was that. This took about two hours. So altogether the DVC tour took us about 4.5 to 5 hours. So when they tell you that it will only take an hour or two, I say .. umno, gonna take longer than that. Our agent felt bad about all of the time it took so she gave us 24 super fast passes.

What is a Super Fast Pass, you ask ?? It is a card that you can put in any fast pass machine and get a fast pass for that exact time. No waiting, no coming back later. You can just get right into the fast pass line and ride right then.

I was debating over whether this was better than the $100 gift card, but after having these super fast passes there wasn’t any question about how much time it saved us. 24 of them allowed us the ride 6 E-ticket rides with no waiting. When we get to our Magic Kingdom day, you will see what a blessing they were.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #114
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

OMG, I am freaking out for you and I don't even know you - hooray!!!! 320 points - Holy Cow!!! That is so awesome, I am sincerely happy for you (this would be like a dream come true to me if my DH did this! He is full of surprises, so I can hope...)

I LOVE your DD names for things, that is so like my DD6, it's just so cotton pickin cute isn't it!

Well, pouring a glass of vino, here's to your new home away from home!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Old 07-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #115
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG, I am freaking out for you and I don't even know you - hooray!!!! 320 points - Holy Cow!!! That is so awesome, I am sincerely happy for you (this would be like a dream come true to me if my DH did this! He is full of surprises, so I can hope...)

I LOVE your DD names for things, that is so like my DD6, it's just so cotton pickin cute isn't it!

Well, pouring a glass of vino, here's to your new home away from home!

Thanks so much !! We are so excited.

And I JUST find out today that the contract still hasn't closed because they needed a document that I faxed a week ago .... and they didn't get it. So I will MAKE SURE they get it tomorrow !!!

She is cute. I just love kids. I want to stop time right now. My kids are the perfect fun age RIGHT NOW.

I would join you in a glass of wine, but I had too muck on Monday night and I PAID for it all day yesterday .... Yep. I'm stupid like that. So I'm laying off the vino for a few days .....
Old 07-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #116
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
I would join you in a glass of wine, but I had too muck on Monday night and I PAID for it all day yesterday .... Yep. I'm stupid like that. So I'm laying off the vino for a few days .....:laughing
Oh, I never do that (except on the morning of Mother's Day - not feeling too good!!!)

Get that document in tomorrow!

Old 07-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #117
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I never do that (except on the morning of Mother's Day - not feeling too good!!!)

Get that document in tomorrow!
I so will !! It is the first thing on the agenda when their office opens in the morning !!!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #118
mimiecp
I already have ears.

Congratulation on the DVC. I am not really Disney enough to really understand what that means, but it sounds fantastic and I'm very happy for you! Super fastpass sounds better than a $100 gift card.

I love the photos of the California Grill. Someday, we'll have to eat there. I want to save it with DH can come with us...our Sept. trip will just be the kids and I and my parents. I LOVE Conundrum! I don't drink it very often because it's expensive, but most years I have to go to Pinehurst for work and I always get Conundrum when I'm there. I love the view from the restaurant.

I love how you found your trip title. Your daughter seems so sweet. My kids are 11 (DD) and 8 1/2 (DS) and I agree that I would like to suspend time and stay this age for a while.

I also like your villa at Key West. I like that you could come back and relax. Like most of us moms, laundry is still part of the plan, but I bet at Disney it's more fun. I have this satisfaction in washing clothing that probably borders on a personality disorder. We thought about staying at Key West this year in a 2 bedroom with my parents, but ultimately decided to stay at the Coronado because we really like it there.

Hey, don't worry about too much wine on the 4th. It was a holiday; a good excuse to have a good time.

I'm toasting to your DVC now!
Had a magical trip with my kids and parents
Old 07-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #119
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiecp View Post
Congratulation on the DVC. I am not really Disney enough to really understand what that means, but it sounds fantastic and I'm very happy for you! Super fastpass sounds better than a $100 gift card.

I love the photos of the California Grill. Someday, we'll have to eat there. I want to save it with DH can come with us...our Sept. trip will just be the kids and I and my parents. I LOVE Conundrum! I don't drink it very often because it's expensive, but most years I have to go to Pinehurst for work and I always get Conundrum when I'm there. I love the view from the restaurant.

I love how you found your trip title. Your daughter seems so sweet. My kids are 11 (DD) and 8 1/2 (DS) and I agree that I would like to suspend time and stay this age for a while.

I also like your villa at Key West. I like that you could come back and relax. Like most of us moms, laundry is still part of the plan, but I bet at Disney it's more fun. I have this satisfaction in washing clothing that probably borders on a personality disorder. We thought about staying at Key West this year in a 2 bedroom with my parents, but ultimately decided to stay at the Coronado because we really like it there.

Hey, don't worry about too much wine on the 4th. It was a holiday; a good excuse to have a good time.

I'm toasting to your DVC now!
DVC is Disney Vacation Club. Basically a Disney timeshare with perks. We are super excited !!

California Grill was amazing. You definitely want to go when you have your sweetie with you for sure.

My kids are super fun !! I hope they stay that way !!!

Old Key West was awesome. It helped to have laundry in the unit, but I can't say that I get as excited about laundry as you do. It was very nice to come home with clean clothes for sure.

It was a good excuse to have a good time. It just seemed like a REALLY bad idea the following morning when I thought I was gonna be sick. But after I choked down a happy meal, I felt A LOT better.

Thanks for toasting for me !!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #120
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

So you did buy! Congratulations!

320 is a pretty sizable amount! How did DH arrive at that number....was he figuring on a certain number of trips per year, in a certain size villa, during a certain season and all that?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: