Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #91
SnowWhite607
DIS Veteran

My daughter, my mom and I also did the pick a pearl on our trip in March. W also got the cages on Ebay but ours are princess crowns.

LOVE those Grey Goose slushies!! Also the orange ones! YUM!

We were in Orlando the same time as you were (June 16-26) but at Seaworld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove. Disney must have more shade cause I found the heat to be unbearable and I am from Louisiana!

Sounds like you had a great trip and I cant wait to read more. Especially love the tip about OKW......never thought about renting points before! Last time the family went in the summer, we stayed at Beach Club but it is so darn expensive!!
1976-offsite, 1985-offsite, April 1986-AS Sports, 1990 - AS Sports, Dec 1998 - AS Sports, June 2005 with DD for the first time - AS Music, July 2006 - Caribbean Beach/Coronado Springs, July 2007 Poly, June 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Grand Floridian, Feb 2009 - Pop! June 2009 - Beach Club, March 2011 -Pop! June 2012 - Port Orleans FQ, March 2014 - Mother Daughter trip - POFQ, November 2014 - POFQ
Old 07-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #92
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite607 View Post
My daughter, my mom and I also did the pick a pearl on our trip in March. W also got the cages on Ebay but ours are princess crowns.

LOVE those Grey Goose slushies!! Also the orange ones! YUM!

We were in Orlando the same time as you were (June 16-26) but at Seaworld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove. Disney must have more shade cause I found the heat to be unbearable and I am from Louisiana!

Sounds like you had a great trip and I cant wait to read more. Especially love the tip about OKW......never thought about renting points before! Last time the family went in the summer, we stayed at Beach Club but it is so darn expensive!!
I would love to see a picture of those princess crown cages !!

We were hot at times, but we were used to it. My hubby and I play a lot of tennis, so we were used to being out in the heat. So we were fine. And there always was a cool spot just around the corner if you needed to cool off. We drank lots of slushie drinks !!

I love the Grey Goose lemon ones. I haven't tried the orange ones. Maybe I will in September when we go again. So many things still to try and do !!

I would check into renting points if I were you. I did a spread sheet for my hubby showing him the difference between rack rates and renting DVC points and the difference in price really speaks for itself. But with renting DVC, you have to pay it all up front where I think with Disney, you have time to pay it off. It is still expensive, but much LESS so renting DVC for sure.

We loved OKW !!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2011, 03:42 AM   #93
juttawdw
Mouseketeer

I love those carriages !! How did you find them on ebay??
DLP 38 x, Santa fe, cheyenne,sequioa loge, new york, New port bay, Davy Crockett ranch, Kyriad, premiere class bussy saint georges, hotel chanteloup, explorer's hotel,dream castle, residhome prestige val d'europe, Adagio val d'europe
WDW 1999, 2001, 2007

Old 07-04-2011, 06:53 AM   #94
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

LOVE the blue tongue (that is SO my boys!) and the pick a pearl is a great idea - I haven't ever seen pictures of that process - very cool, I may have to plan on doing that (may I ask where you ordered the necklaces or do they sell them there? Disney.com?) I would really like to to the DVC tour, mainly for DH to 'suck' him in, but I have never set aside the time to do it. Your lunch looked yummy, but I understand how that 'rushed' feeling can put a damper on things. Great update, have a wonderful 4th!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 07-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #95
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juttawdw View Post
I love those carriages !! How did you find them on ebay??
I just went to Ebay and typed in "pearl cages" in they came up. They were about $5. Aren't they the coolest ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
LOVE the blue tongue (that is SO my boys!) and the pick a pearl is a great idea - I haven't ever seen pictures of that process - very cool, I may have to plan on doing that (may I ask where you ordered the necklaces or do they sell them there? Disney.com?) I would really like to to the DVC tour, mainly for DH to 'suck' him in, but I have never set aside the time to do it. Your lunch looked yummy, but I understand how that 'rushed' feeling can put a damper on things. Great update, have a wonderful 4th!
I got the necklaces on Ebay. Like I said above, only $5. They came with a chain as well. But at the pick a pearl station there in Japan, they have all kinds of setting you can pick out and even though they aren't $5, like the ones I got, they didn't seem to be super expensive. So I am sure you could find something neat.

My son loves those blue slushies. We have to get him one every time we go to Epcot. We have lots of photos with blue tongues.

Just you wait until you see what happened on our DVC tour ..... I was shocked !!! Seriously, I am still blown away ....

I hope y'all have a wonderful 4th as well. We plan on some BBQ and fireworks. Should be a good day.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #96
mimiecp
I already have ears.

Finally catching up. Great updates. I love the pics from the Lego store. It's incredible what they can do with Legos. It's also incredible how much dogs love to chew them up. Or, how when you step on them, it really hurts. Thanks so much for getting in the 2nd code brown reference. I really liked the Bay Tower model the best too. Grey Goose slushie=yum. The necklaces are beautiful. What a nice memory to have with your DD. Look forward to reading more. I thought of your dog yesterday as Charlie was chewing up some plastic thing he found in the yard. Have a great Fourth!
Had a magical trip with my kids and parents
Old 07-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #97
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiecp View Post
Finally catching up. Great updates. I love the pics from the Lego store. It's incredible what they can do with Legos. It's also incredible how much dogs love to chew them up. Or, how when you step on them, it really hurts. Thanks so much for getting in the 2nd code brown reference. I really liked the Bay Tower model the best too. Grey Goose slushie=yum. The necklaces are beautiful. What a nice memory to have with your DD. Look forward to reading more. I thought of your dog yesterday as Charlie was chewing up some plastic thing he found in the yard. Have a great Fourth!
OK. When I saw this post, I thought to myself, "I think that was the THIRD code brown reference, wasn't it?" So I scrolled back and noticed that I had left two TR posts completely out !!! How the heck did THAT happen ??? I think it was because my modem was acting up and I tried to post and they just didn't make it before my modem bailed. I have a new modem now.

I am so glad you said that, because in those posts, I had our California Grill dinner. Go back to read if you want. It start on post #47.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #98
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Posts Left out are inserted

OK. I am not entirely sure how this happened, but the last two posts from day three didn't get published. I had been having a lot of trouble with my modem and thought I posted them, but it didn't happen. I have a new modem now, so hopefully this won't happen again. If you want, go back to post #47 and read from there. I totally can't believe that I left out our California Grill post !!! Note to self ... proof read Trip Report.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #99
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Five - Part Five

We were just getting finished with a Photopass photo ……….
And headed to the boat at the International Gateway.

It was about 2 PM at this time and the kids and I were exhausted. So we rode the boat back to the Boardwalk instead of walking. Thankfully the first stop was the Boardwalk. DH went ahead to get the car and pick us up out in front of the Boardwalk. It was pretty far out to where we parked so I was very thankful that DH was doing this so we could stay in the AC and rest a little. As we passed the store, DD began begging for candy. There was a pack of lollipops that she had seen and she saw that they were a snack credit. I said no and we looked around a bit more.

I completely love the Boardwalk. Almost as much as I love the Grand Floridian. I just love that early 20th Century feel to those resorts. I took a bunch of photos inside the lobby area.

I totally want to stay here one day. I tried to rent points here for this trip, but all I could get was OKW. Which was fine because we loved OKW.
This was a very hot day and when DH got to the porte-cochere to pick us up, I noticed this as I got into the car …. And I had to get a photo and share

Yep. 103. DH said that it read 107 when he first got into the car. And by the time we pulled up to our villa at OKW, it read 102.

And on the way out to the car, DD said …..

wait for it ……..

you guessed it ………

“My feet are killing me, and I want a lollipop”.

She was just so sweet and tired. I knew it would make the perfect name for our trip report.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-04-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #100
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Oh, I just LOVE it! What a great way to get your trip report title! Holy hottness, that's just plain miserable!

PS: Sorry I had missed the post about ebay and the pearl carriages, I hadn't noticed the 'next page' until after I posted my question to you, but thanks and I will look into that for sure!

Just read the missing reports - what a perfect table for your special dinner, looked fabulous! Too bad about the mac and cheese!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Last edited by DisneyDoc5; 07-04-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #101
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Oh, I just LOVE it! What a great way to get your trip report title! Holy hottness, that's just plain miserable!

PS: Sorry I had missed the post about ebay and the pearl carriages, I hadn't noticed the 'next page' until after I posted my question to you, but thanks and I will look into that for sure!

Just read the missing reports - what a perfect table for your special dinner, looked fabulous! Too bad about the mac and cheese!
It was pretty hot that day for sure. And we had just hit the wall. Everyone was tired and needed some rest.

No need to apologize .... it's allll good !!

The view was really fantastic. DH still talks about it. Yeah .... that mac and cheese was a disappointment. It looked so good and it just wasn't/ I think it would have been pretty good if it had not been too salty.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #102
tink,too
DIS Veteran

All caught up again - really enjoying your TR.

After seeing your Le Cellier pics - I really want to go there. I know our DD would love that Chocolate Moose, too.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #103
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink,too View Post
All caught up again - really enjoying your TR.

After seeing your Le Cellier pics - I really want to go there. I know our DD would love that Chocolate Moose, too.
Thanks !!

Well ours certainly enjoyed it. And that Chocolate Whiskey Cake was super good, too.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #104
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Five Ė Part Six

On the way in we stopped at the Conch Flatts General store to check on the DVC info that our agent had sent over and our Photo from Tusker House. We looked around a bit and we discovered that we needed to go the to the back of the store where the pick up for all delivered packages was. There was a lady there that was picking up something like 10 packages and she had the clerk looking for something that was missing.

I could see that this was going to take forever, so I went back to the front and got the things we had already chosen while in the store. Which were:

Some cookies

An Old Key West pin

And finally some lollipops for DD

We got back to the villa and everyone just crashed. DH offered to take the kids to the pool but surprisingly neither one of them wanted to go. So we just spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing.

DS finished his Lego set

DD ate her cookie and fell asleep watching TV.

DH took a nap.

I took a shower, folded some laundry, ran another load, watched tennis on TV, wrote in my trip journal and enjoyed the quiet.

We had planned to go to DTD and try Earl of Sandwich, but we just wanted to stay in for a while longer. So DH offered to drive up to Goodís to Go which was the counter service at OKW and came back with this.

A burger for DS

Chicken nuggets for DD

And a hot dog for me

The kids almost never eat everything so DH just finished up what they didnít eat and had a bite or two of my hot dog.

For dessert, we got

Chocolate cake for me

DD ended up eating this later on in the week.

A rice krispie Mickey Bar which DD loved !!

And a pack of cookies which I didnít get a picture of.

Anyway, the food was good and convenient. We had really thought about DVC and discussed it for much of the day, so DH called our agent back and scheduled an appointment for 8:30 AM the next morning.

After dinner, we all got ready for:

We had seats for the 6:00 PM show. We got there at about 5:30 PM. We had really good seats and could see everything really well. I had first seen this show in April 2010 on a trip with my girlfriends and I really enjoyed it. DH went with his oldest daughter when we came down last October. So this trip, we decided to take our kids and see how they liked it. We debated on whether or not to see the early show or the late one and I was really glad we chose the early show.

Of course they donít allow photography or video inside, but we all really enjoyed this show. There is non-stop action the entire show. Something exciting is always going on.

DH said he loved everything. DS liked the bicycle guys, and DD and I liked the little Chinese girls with the yo-yoís. I thought that they were just precious and so good. If you havenít seen this show, I encourage you to do so. Definitely wait and try to get a discount because they are available.

We just loved it.

We got back to the villa about 8 PM and the kids went right to sleep. We turned on the TV to see about the baseball game. South Carolina was playing Virginia in the College World Series. The game was supposed to start at 7:00, but there was a weather delay, so we didnít miss any of it. They had postponed the first pitch to 8:15 PM. We discussed DVC some more and enjoyed the game. SC won 7-1. After the game we went to sleep.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-05-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #105
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

I love the finished lego set!I have a picture of my DS12 up at 6:30 am at Port Orleans the morning after our visit to the Lego store working on his new purchase, it's like it's burning a hole in their pockets until they can build, build, build!!!!

Yummy snacks, your DD still looks tired, but I'm sure she perked up after that yummy treat! I have yet to see La Nouba, but it's on the 'list'!

I'm dying to hear about the DVC outcome, it's like reading a good book, I can't wait to read the next chapter! We (more like 'I') am always dreaming of DVC!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: