Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #61
Mrs. Sojourner
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your TR so far; can't wait to read more!

Have Stayed at: AS Sport, ASM, CSR, POR & PBH (USF)
Check out my PTR! From West Africa to WDW; talk about some culture shock!

My Blog: Mrs. Sojourner's Monologues
Old 07-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #62
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Sojourner View Post
Enjoying your TR so far; can't wait to read more!
Thanks for reading !! Congrats on your new addition !! I hope you are well !!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #63
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Four - Part Two

So pretty quickly the characters show up. I like the characters. They make me happy.
Mickey

DH jumping in on the action again.

Daisy

Next up was Goofy. Here is DS’s impression of Goofy. The tater tots are his teeth.

So the characters were fun, but we will be trying out Chef Mickey’s or Cape May. Or going back to Crystal Palace again. Also, the restaurant is LOUD, so if you think you will have a nice quiet breakfast buffet … you won’t.
So near the end of breakfast, our fast pass time became open. So DH and DS hoofed it over to Expedition Everest to get another set of FP’s while me and DD settled up with the bill. I took some more pictures after we left the restaurant.

I thought this sign was funny

Some more signs and photos

I was so glad we had an early reservation for Tusker House. As we were leaving, there was this HUGE line to check in. There were people everywhere. They were just coming to breakfast as we were heading out into the park with two sets of fast passes. Boo Yah !!!

We agreed to meet DH in the gift shop right outside the Safari.

After managing to avoid spending any money in the gift shop, we headed to the safari.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-04-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #64
mimiecp
I already have ears.

OMG, Code Brown is one of my favorite phrases. (please don't judge...) DS made that his catch phrase on our last tDisney trip in 2009. It was just DS, my sister and me on that trip and even though we tried not to laugh everytime he said it, we just couldn't help it. We are just silly like that. Okay, now that you know that about me, great pictures of the safari. I can't wait to go on that again. I love all the animals and I'm sure having a great bus driver would really make it great.
Had a magical trip with my kids and parents
Old 07-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #65
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiecp View Post
OMG, Code Brown is one of my favorite phrases. (please don't judge...) DS made that his catch phrase on our last tDisney trip in 2009. It was just DS, my sister and me on that trip and even though we tried not to laugh everytime he said it, we just couldn't help it. We are just silly like that. Okay, now that you know that about me, great pictures of the safari. I can't wait to go on that again. I love all the animals and I'm sure having a great bus driver would really make it great.
We used that phrase during this past trip and ever since we have been home. The phrase, delivered at just the right moment, can provide a great deal of hilarity. We have a lot of fun with it.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #66
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Four - Part Three

Day Four – Part Three
The Safari

Oh my word … she completely cracks me up !! Seriously, I laugh every day because of her. She’s so funny !! I just love her to pieces !! To the moon and back !! …. Well, you get the idea.

Safari Photos.

They have this new tour. The Wild Africa Trek and these people we part of it. They all had these belts on and they were attached to this line around them presumably to keep them safe. There were all of these narrow rope bridges around and it looked really neat. Maybe we will try it sometime.

More safari photos

Is it me or do these gators look the exact same every time ?? Just checkin’ ….

Some more safari photos …

I love giraffes. They are my favorite.

Code brown !!!

DH took TONS of photos of this elephant pooping. For realz ?? I dunno why this was so awesome. But it was perfectly fine for me to take 123 giraffe photos, right ??

So we saved the baby elephant from the poachers – YAY !!

OH !! I have to tell you !! We had the best safari driver EVER !! He was sooo funny !! We laughed the entire time. He told all of these jokes and told us funny stories about the animals. After the ride was over. Everyone on our truck stood up and clapped. He was fully awesome (as Rhino always says) !! I wish I had caught his name. DH went over to tell him how much we enjoyed him. It was a great start to the day !!

Photos on the way out.

Am I wrong or does the safari not have a dump shop that you empty into ?? I thought every ride emptied you into a dump shop ….. hmmmm.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-04-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #67
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day four - Part Four

Day Four – Part Four
Tree of Life

We saw Divine along the way

She was cool …

Silly DD

We got some photopass pics on the way

And then DS and I rode Expedition Everest.

DH four FP’s for this, so we had two FP’s left for this. DH and DD won’t ride EE. We try to tell them that it isn’t that scary. But we haven’t been able to convince them. Oh well.

While we were riding, DH and DD get in line for Nemo … which starts in an hour. I call when we are done with our ride and he says meet us there. This line is direct sunlight. Which on a sunny day in the middle of June in Florida is ROASTING hot. I told him that there is NO WAY we are waiting an hour for this show. I said that people on the DIS say you don’t have to wait that long and …Umno .. we aren’t doing it.

So we get out of line and we head towards Dinoland. Our time for another fast pass is almost open, so we hang around this area and take some photos.

We got some ice cream and DD saw Pluto and Goofy and wanted to get in line. So DS and I enjoyed our ice cream while DH and DD got pictures with the dogs.

DH said they were really crazy and funny. DH took DD to the Boneyard to play a little while DS and I scored us some Dinosaur FP’s.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-04-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #68
joand452
Earning My Ears

Really enjoying your trip report -- I can't believe there's no page six -- yet!

DH and I tend to go alone now (kids are grown; have been a couple of times with them and grandkids), and our last trip was in December 2010.

We planned to skip this year because we're going in Dec. 2012 before youngest DGS starts school. With free dining and all, we decided to go again in September!

Can't wait!!

Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #69
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

I am really enjoying your trip report and pictures - thank you! I would love to hear about your experience renting points for OKW (I have always wanted to do this, but have been afraid too and don't really know where to start). Looking forward to more!
Erin
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Beach Club

Old 07-02-2011, 06:08 AM   #70
Mrs. Sojourner
Mouseketeer

Code brown...hilarious! Giraffes are my favorite too! The Photopass pictures turned out great. We really like the Nemo show too.

Have Stayed at: AS Sport, ASM, CSR, POR & PBH (USF)
Check out my PTR! From West Africa to WDW; talk about some culture shock!

My Blog: Mrs. Sojourner's Monologues
Old 07-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #71
tink,too
DIS Veteran

All caught up again - wow you've been busy!

Sunshine is adorable - I bet it's easy to forgive her naughtiness when she looks so darn cute!

We really want to try Jedi Academy next trip - before our DD is too old to take part. We've never seen the Nemo musical yet either - so hoping to see that next Spring - glad you enjoyed it!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #72
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joand452 View Post
Really enjoying your trip report -- I can't believe there's no page six -- yet!

DH and I tend to go alone now (kids are grown; have been a couple of times with them and grandkids), and our last trip was in December 2010.

We planned to skip this year because we're going in Dec. 2012 before youngest DGS starts school. With free dining and all, we decided to go again in September!

Can't wait!!

Looking forward to the rest of your report.
Thanks !! I have always wondered what a trip with just adults would be like. I would love to do that someday. But our kids are so into it right now that I think it would be less fun to go without them. We have been in September twice and it was nice because the crowds aren't so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
I am really enjoying your trip report and pictures - thank you! I would love to hear about your experience renting points for OKW (I have always wanted to do this, but have been afraid too and don't really know where to start). Looking forward to more!
Erin
We love OKW and renting was just the easiest thing ever. We used David's Vacation Club rentals and there were never any problems. You do have to pay the whole thing up front. And we were able to upgrade to a 1 bedroom and then add the dining plan on later. I would so do it again. Go to the DVC section of the forum and there is all the info you need to rent points over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Sojourner View Post
Code brown...hilarious! Giraffes are my favorite too! The Photopass pictures turned out great. We really like the Nemo show too.
Thanks !! We will definitely see the Lion King show next trip. Really looking forward to that. I love that there is so much to do at Disney that you can go for practically a lifetime and still not do everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink,too View Post
All caught up again - wow you've been busy!

Sunshine is adorable - I bet it's easy to forgive her naughtiness when she looks so darn cute!

We really want to try Jedi Academy next trip - before our DD is too old to take part. We've never seen the Nemo musical yet either - so hoping to see that next Spring - glad you enjoyed it!
I have a lot of this trip report already typed out in Word. It has something like 63 pages. I learned my lesson after I had typed up a whole section twice and my internet bailed on me and I had to start over. We have a new modem now, but typing it first in Word is just smarter.

Sunshine is soooo bad. She really is a beautiful dog, which helps when she is bad. It's the chewing thing. It is like a bizarre compulsion for her, she just can't NOT do it. Just HAS to be destroying something all of the time. She's a mess !!

I would recommend the Jedi Academy. I think my kids are just on the edge of being too old for it, but they seemed to enjoy it very much. Remember, get there at rope drop so you can sign up early. Split up your party - one runs for TSM FP's and the other goes to sign up the kids for Jedi Academy. I am not sure, but I think the kids need to be with you when you sign them up. At 10 AM that day, they were taking kids for the late afternoon shows already, so it fills up fast. Definitely give it a try !!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #73
burly
DIS Veteran

This is a great trip report, jumping on board.
KIM
Old 07-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #75
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Four - Part Five

Boneyard Photos

Our new FP window opened up a lot sooner than we thought it would, so we headed over towards Kali to get FPs for that. While DH got FPs for Kali, I chatted up the DVC guy and made an appointment for a tour the next morning at 9:00 AM at Saratoga Springs. He promised us fast passes and NOT the $100 gift card that everyone was telling us we would get. We well still interested in the tour, though. More on that later.

So DH gets back with Kali FPsI think it is important to note that at this time we have FPs for EE, Dinosaur and Kali and it is about 11:15 AM. Se we head back towards Nemo and get back in line for the 11:30 AM show. We wait about 5-10 minutes and they let us in. The theater is full and it seems that all they have are seats in the back. Which is fine with me, really. That spells easy exit to me. But the ushers were ushers near the front were asking for two and two. Basically they had two different spaces where they could fit two people on the end of a row. So we went for it and were lonely a couple of rows away from each other. DH tried to get some photos, but they didnt really turn out that great.

In a BIG blue woooorld .

We loved the Nemo show. We had never seen it before and we are really glad that we took the time to see it. It was over at noon and my plan was to have lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, but we were still too full from breakfast so we decided to wait.

We had fast passes to burn, so we went to ride Dinosaur

We pass through Dinoland on our way back to Everest

Me and DH rode Everest again we got front row this time. It was awesome. By this time, AK is PACKED. You cannot got in a straight line any more. It is stop and go traffic through Asia. We were thirsty so we stopped and got some frozen cokes.

DS got a blue raspberry one

DH found us this cool little hut to sit down and enjoy our drinks.

I have to say, on a hot day, there is nothing like these frozen slushie drinks. They are so refreshing and yummy. And they are a snack credit.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-04-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: